Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sorry she’s omega mystical ultra rarity, rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Hmm not sure about this FF14 pizza recipe...

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I respect your opinion despite not sharing it myself

It’s a hard call to make

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

Sorry she’s omega mystical ultra rarity, rip

Yes this is what my friends call me

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

reporting in

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

i think my rarest gacha gets are KOS-MOS in Xenoblade 2 and I think I had Rosalina wearing a swimsuit in Mario Kart Tour

my friend once said he won the lottery in paper mario thousand year door but I didn't believe him because he always lied about video game stuff (hey did you know you can get meryl's desert eagle in MGS1??)

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I had a FFBE account where I had a solid number of super rare top-tier units and stopped playing entirely because I got bored and just don't care about rare pulls at all

Xenoblade 2 does it right because the gacha pulls actually make the game play differently

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

hoo boy I finally beat my first dad fight in sekiro that took like 30 tries

i just kept getting creamed until that last fight his pattern clicked and I just walked through him without a death like i could see the matrix

I loved that fight, it's easily my favorite in the whole game because of exactly what you described - it's the perfect transition from incredibly difficult to instinctively knowing every frame of his moveset and how to respond to it. The last boss clicked with me similarly but it takes a lot longer.

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

if you set aside inconsequential details like flavor, basil and peppermint are basically the same thing

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

hoo boy I finally beat my first dad fight in sekiro that took like 30 tries

i just kept getting creamed until that last fight his pattern clicked and I just walked through him without a death like i could see the matrix

It's the coolest feeling

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Basil is already in the game but it's a level 32 item and pizza is meant for high-level crafters...

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Oh man classic Metal Gear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srTqxL_6Ysg

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
What's your favourite tune from a game you haven't played or that you hadn't heard in the game it's from? Mine used to be this tune I think wound up being the frogman's theme from a jRPG I didn't play, but I included that song in a bunch of the little RPGMaker2000 games I made for myself/friends, probably stole it from limewire or kazaa poorly labelled. Now it's Corridors of Time. (wow did you know that word doesn't have double oos at the door part??)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9XTqQbuavI&t=682s

corriders
cory dors
corridhoors
curidders
yeehaw cridders

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Never played Mega Man 2 but Wily 1 is an all-timer

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

#justiceforjimsterling

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The peppermint is inspired.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

drat, P4G just stops all of your free time in the middle of May. And the one free evening I get I waste at the shrine. gently caress.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

That's the cost of trying to compete with an established monopoly. The execs knew this and are fine with it, its a long term investment.

But that is a pretty funny way to win a court battle.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jay Rust posted:

Yeah but I’m talking to goons here, hopefully none of you are like “oh word this bad game features teddy? I’m in”

Gachas are pretty good at tricking people's brains into a dopamine rush, there will probably be a thread for it.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gacha didn't give me my waifu. Gachas are poo poo

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

wuggles posted:

I respect your opinion despite not sharing it myself

It’s a hard call to make

If I'm being real, Best Girl is the doctor :)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Why is Kanji a bundle of homophobic stereotypes? And a "complex"? I was liking this game. :(

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Walla posted:

Why is Kanji a bundle of homophobic stereotypes? And a "complex"? I was liking this game. :(

Kanji is a fairly complicated part of the game and his arc contains a lot of the game's biggest stumbles. It is, unfortunately, not the only arc to stumble when trying to deal with LGBT issues.

I'll put this under spoiler tags because it does spoil some of Kanji's arc but hopefully it explains why I think it's worth continuing to play: The idea with Kanji is that he's a boy who lives in a small town and whose father impressed a lot of ideas on him about what is and isn't "masculine." However, Kanji is interested in a lot of things that aren't traditionally masculine, like sewing cute stuffed animals. He's faced ridicule for that and so he overcompensates by performing a really toxic masculine stereotype and getting into fights because he's afraid his non-traditionally masculine interests mean he's gay, and he's afraid that would make him not a "real man." His Shadow and his dungeon are how they are because they represent Kanji's internalized homophobia and the homophobia of the people around Kanji. Whether or not Kanji is actually gay, bi, or straight is kinda left up in the air for the rest of the game.

Where things get pretty unfortunate is that the homophobic stereotypes that Kanji's dungeon is using to torture him with are played for laughs, and Yosuke's homophobia is used to make jokes at Kanji's expense later on.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Thank you for that explanation Harrow. That was a really good summary of the character.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Not reading it but it's nice to know the game may redeem itself. I'm used to stumbles regarding the lgbt community, especially from over a decade ago. The bath house is atmospheric at least.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I am so excited for the SaGa Frontier remaster that waiting two more days feels intolerable :negative:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Harrow posted:

I am so excited for the SaGa Frontier remaster that waiting two more days feels intolerable :negative:

Only 2 days???? :dance:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Walla posted:

Not reading it but it's nice to know the game may redeem itself. I'm used to stumbles regarding the lgbt community, especially from over a decade ago. The bath house is atmospheric at least.

whether the game redeems itself is a point of division but as someone who likes persona 4 considerably less than they used to, kanji is one of the better characters

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Simone Magus posted:

Only 2 days???? :dance:

April 15!!!

Looper posted:

whether the game redeems itself is a point of division but as someone who likes persona 4 considerably less than they used to, kanji is one of the better characters

Yeah, I would agree with this. I still like Persona 4 but it has a lot of problems, and Kanji himself is a really good character. My issues with Kanji are more issues around Kanji, largely with how the game sort of expects us to laugh at Kanji when other characters treat him poorly. As a character himself, Kanji's probably my favorite in the game.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Walla posted:

drat, P4G just stops all of your free time in the middle of May. And the one free evening I get I waste at the shrine. gently caress.

In P3, basically once per month there would be a week-long event that would limit your free-time. So like, it kind of sucks, but the game was designed around it so don't feel like it's being taken away from you because it's gonna happen fairly regularly

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Harrow posted:

April 15!!!

(no longer) Tax day!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sorry this week’s big release is the 3.14 patch of path of exile, out on the 16th

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This is a nice page

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

https://twitter.com/halkyardo/status/1381384573855145984

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I just looked at the vast number of unfinished games on my ps4 and sighed and decided to just watch Bottle Rocket for the 100th time :j:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Reading Japanese gamer's post meltdowns about the PS3/Vita closure problems = interesting
Realizing the message board I stumbled on is 100% hentai ads despite viewing the page on a clean google install and in an incognito browser = hilarious as an advertiser

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Jay Rust posted:

Sorry this week’s big release is the 3.14 patch of path of exile, out on the 16th

The pi update

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Khanstant posted:

What's your favourite tune from a game you haven't played or that you hadn't heard in the game it's from?

I watched Game Grumps play this, but I've never played it myself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQedfsvdMAI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’m not sure what bingo square this corresponds to, because Divine Divinity isn’t particularly undiscovered, nor is it a bad game, not at all. But it’s… underbaked. It has Diablo 2-style fast-paced combat, only jankier. It has a Morrowind-style sandbox to explore, only more barebones. And I really, really, like it

It’s an ambitious open-world top-down RPG, whose first couple of hours are spent inside a cramped, tedious dungeon!

It has a wonderfully detailed game world, in one of the most generic Tolkienesque fantasy settings ever conceived!

It has an expansive, classless character advancement system, with a lot of room for customization, and 80% of skills you can spend points on are worthless, either because they’re bugged, too finicky to use, severely underpowered, and/or easily outdone by other skills!

And I like it because it’s an ambitious open-world top-down RPG with a wonderfully detailed world and an expansive, classless character advancement system

If you haven’t played it, it’s not too hard to imagine how it works: Diablo 2 but in a handcrafted open world, with towns and inns and NPCs and orc camps and castles and crypts. The map, every enemy, and certain unique items will be in the same place each time, but it does retain one particular roguelike characteristic, namely that monster drops and the properties of every item are randomly rolled. You can pause the game at any time, though it will unpause if you attack, move, change equipment, etc. Plus, one click on an enemy will set your avatar to auto-attack, no need to hold down the mouse button or click repeatedly. So it’s a little less action-y than Diablo 2, really. More cerebral :smug:

It also has a “sense” of “humour”

I’ve been replaying it this past week and have been having a blast. It’s dirt cheap and available on GOG and on Steam, and it runs fine on my modern PC. A crash every few hours, maybe. Luckily you’re encouraged to quicksave every minute or so anyway, it’s that style of old PC game where death can happen extremely quickly and often

There’s also an excellent Let’s Play on the Let’s Play Archive that I can also easily recommend

Game on