Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

JOHN CENA posted:

they were all told explicitly there would be no raises.

Yeah I’m not sure how to reconcile this with the reports of Retribution + Keith Lee working on the main roster on relatively low pay NXT contracts.

I’d certainly believe Finn Balor and Adam Cole got new, good money deals but I wonder how far that went for the rest of the roster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah, I talked about how bad the Rhea/Asuka match was from last night, but only just now found a small video clip of how bad it got at parts.

https://twitter.com/wrestlemandy69/status/1381984065952317444

Rhea was struggling so goddamn hard to pick her up to the point where Asuka had to step in and help. Just for what seemed to be the crucifix bomb/pin(?) to end up turning into a botch as well.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
When asuka did the ddt on her on the apron I was surprised she still had all her teeth

Edit: and rhea was begging asuka to slow down lol

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Kunabomber posted:

When asuka did the ddt on her on the apron I was surprised she still had all her teeth

Edit: and rhea was begging asuka to slow down lol

Woof. She definitely looks pretty gassed in that clip. The first attempt to get Asuka on the shoulders might have just been a miscue, but the second is pretty clearly just Rhea not being able to get her there. :(

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dangerous Asuka injures another opponent.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

She gotta learn some other power moves that don't involve picking up another person.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

When I would help with some local indies and wrestlers were walking through their matches, the wrestlers would try out different sequences in the ring. The better wrestlers I saw would, based on where they thought they were in the match, try out a move but they would demand the other wrestler not give all of their strength as if they were gassed.

They did not want to take a risky move if the other guy was going to be too tired and they did not want to hurt their partner.

Rhea should work on that.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah, I talked about how bad the Rhea/Asuka match was from last night, but only just now found a small video clip of how bad it got at parts.

Rhea was struggling so goddamn hard to pick her up to the point where Asuka had to step in and help. Just for what seemed to be the crucifix bomb/pin(?) to end up turning into a botch as well.

This is what happens when matches are choreographed down to the move, rehearsed beforehand and you're not allowed to deviate from it

It probably failed during the rehearsal run-through too but you don't change the plan in WWE

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Pretty sure Vince would rather you hurt your partner than go off script

Edit: yeah what Orange Carlisle said

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
It looks like she either thought the rope was there to grab to get a better footing or she just tried to do it in one full motion.

But the 2nd attempt even looks worse to a point. She still goes super low and grabs the rope but Asuka actually pushes on it to help out.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

DarkstarIV posted:

Rhea has the following going against her:

*Main roster exposure. If you flub a spot, you're expected to go back to it because you can't improvise on the main roster, and you got to rehearse in NXT.
*Possible COVID exposure, which is the same reason why great wrestlers have looked like poo poo. AEW wrestlers admit that they had it, you only hear about it from WWE wrestlers because of third parties.
*The fact that she hasn't had more than 4 matches a week since Feubrary 2020, still a relative rookie, and most months she only had one or two matches. There are no house shows.

Blame the WWE, not the performers either way

e: Beaten to the point, whatever Rhea's reason for being gassed was it's because she has to follow the script that it looked so sloppy.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

This all seems very... avoidable. It looks equally as cool just to spin Asuka around and get a regular fireman's carry entry.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

She never gets her feet under her right on that second attempt.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I thought house shows were bad because the wrestlers break their knees for crowds of 1,500?

For as little interest that I have in AEW Dark due to the length and how so much means nothing, it is at least giving the wrestlers in ring experience without the back breaking schedule of house shows.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Orange Carlisle posted:

This is what happens when matches are choreographed down to the move, rehearsed beforehand and you're not allowed to deviate from it

It probably failed during the rehearsal run-through too but you don't change the plan in WWE

Okay I’m confused, for the longest time I thought WWE was more “call it in the ring” at least up until the finish. I know DDP had trouble fitting in because he did choreograph his matches move by move. Granted that was at the turn of the century but even on these forums people used to say that was how WWE did things. Was this a change in the last ten years or so or did I get mixed up?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I was under the impression that current WWE was essentially micromanaged to hell and back but largely not rehearsed.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I think most matches are still mostly called in the ring apart from big spots which are planned ahead of time. AFAIK the only source for “every single move is scripted for you down to the headlocks” is TJP and I just don’t believe him.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
They would practice big ppv matches at house shows all the time.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
When Rhea says "this is my brutality" she is referring to her cardio

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

As someone who has only ever seen Rhea from that clip...

She fuckin sucks lol

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Alan_Shore posted:

As someone who has only ever seen Rhea from that clip...

She fuckin sucks lol

She gets a pass if she destroyed her cardio sucking up COVID and wasn't able to say a word about it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The problem with the "call it in the ring" WWE does, is the person usually calling it is in the back, relaying it to the ref via earpiece, who then tells the wrestlers what to do.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Why was Miz so embarassed to be in his underwear when it's basically about as equally revealing as his normal ring gear?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Remember how Kushida didn't want to be typecast as a junior heavyweight and left New Japan?

Fish Of Doom posted:

Why was Miz so embarassed to be in his underwear when it's basically about as equally revealing as his normal ring gear?

It makes zero sense, it happens all the time when a heel gets stripped to their underwear when they wear trunks to begin with.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
trunks don’t got a dickhole where your wang can flop out

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fish Of Doom posted:

He has a picture of Tully on them.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Post-Mania NXT https://www.f4wonline.com/nxt-results/wwe-nxt-live-results-takeover-stand-deliver-fallout-338631

Karrion Kross says he commands NXT until he decides he doesn't want to anymore
MSK (Wes Lee and Nash Carter) retain the tag titles over Killian Dain and Drake Maverick. Postmatch Imperium (sans WALTER) attack Dain
Exclusive footage from after Takeover, Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly both get stretchered to the hospital and Cole says he's gonna kill him
Mercedes Martinez defeats Jessi Kamea. Postmatch Mercedes chokes Robert Stone till he gives her money he owes her, then challenges Raquel Gonzalez
Santos Escobar issues an open challenge answered by KUSHIDA
KUSHIDA defeats Santos and wins the cruiserweight title. Postmatch backstage Jordan Devlin confronts KUSHIDA
Raquel promo interrupted by the debut of Franky Monet (fka Taya Valkyrie) and her dog
After Monet leaves, Rhea Ripley and Bianca Belair come out, hug Raquel, and all three pose with their titles
Sarray debuts next week
Roderick Strong gives William Regal his notice, Regal says he's welcome to return anytime
Isaiah "Swerve" Scott defeats Leon Ruff
Zoey Stark wants a shot at Raquel, Mercedes interrupts and calls her a nobody
Ruff attacks Swerve and says this isn't over
Bronson Reed, Shotzi Blackheart, Dexter Lumis and Ember Moon defeat The Way (Johnny Gargano, Candice LeRae, Austin Theory and Indi Hartwell). Lumis carries Hartwell away to safety as she plays dead and smirks at the camera behind his back; Bronson squashes Gargano

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Seams posted:

I think most matches are still mostly called in the ring apart from big spots which are planned ahead of time. AFAIK the only source for “every single move is scripted for you down to the headlocks” is TJP and I just don’t believe him.

There are leaked videos from NXT UK showing them rehearsing and practicing matches.

https://heelbynature.com/wrestling-news/wwe-youtube-glitch-reveals-nxt-uk-behind-the-scenes/

Now granted, that's NXT UK, but finding out the major roster stuff is completely scripted down to every headlock wouldn't surprise me at all.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Post-Mania NXT https://www.f4wonline.com/nxt-results/wwe-nxt-live-results-takeover-stand-deliver-fallout-338631

Santos Escobar issues an open challenge answered by KUSHIDA
KUSHIDA defeats Santos and wins the cruiserweight title. Postmatch backstage Jordan Devlin confronts KUSHIDA

KUSHIDA left New Japan cause he couldn't get out of the JR division and lol he stuck in the minor leagues with cruiserweight title now. What a terrible decision

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

SatoshiMiwa posted:

KUSHIDA left New Japan cause he couldn't get out of the JR division and lol he stuck in the minor leagues with cruiserweight title now. What a terrible decision

imagine falling for something that kota ibushi didn't

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Chris James 2 posted:

Roderick Strong gives William Regal his notice, Regal says he's welcome to return anytime

since when do you just get to quit in this company

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Oh Snapple! posted:

Imagine telling Zack Sabre Jr and Kota Ibushi you plan on heading to the wwf.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

karmicknight posted:

Imagine telling Zack Sabre Jr and Kota Ibushi you plan on heading to the wwf.

kota ibushi threw away the Best Belt and lost to Billiam Ospreay

checkmate, atheists

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
zsj is the only smart one in that convo bc he gets to hang out with taichi

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Fish Of Doom posted:

He chooses to be in his ring gear. It wasn’t his choice to be in his underwear

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

Raquel promo interrupted by the debut of Franky Monet (fka Taya Valkyrie) and her dog
After Monet leaves, Rhea Ripley and Bianca Belair come out, hug Raquel, and all three pose with their titles

so the very first appearance of the brand new heel hoss NXT women's champion is immediately undercut by a feelgood pride moment where she poses with the new biggest face champion in the WWE

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Oh Snapple! posted:

Ibushi turned down his first NJPW contract to do Kaiju Big Battel, I don't think he.....thinks.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

Ibushi turned down his first NJPW contract to do Kaiju Big Battel, I don't think he.....thinks.

KBB rules, this is the second smartest thing he's ever done

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

CarlCX posted:

so the very first appearance of the brand new heel hoss NXT women's champion is immediately undercut by a feelgood pride moment where she poses with the new biggest face champion in the WWE

WWE has no loving clue how to blend reality and kayfabe. Legit friends who we could make a fun moment with? gently caress all the stories we've told!

And loving lol at Kushida winning the cruiserweight title in a way that makes the ladder match look pointless.

Also I wanted to defend Rhea that it's a hard lift but lifting the smaller women is literally her job. I don't see her doing this any time soon.
https://youtu.be/pmLuXteynhM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

CarlCX posted:

It kinda seemed like Raquel is a face now. She didn't give a very heelish promo, and has two heels in Franky and Mercedes gunning for her now.