Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
She magic vored him and is now a child is super preggars. How did you miss that Minh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

:yikes:

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Flubby posted:

She magic vored him and is now a child is super preggars. How did you miss that Minh?

I'm not sure I want to know what you're talking about.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I don't remember hearing about Woolie playing Drakengard, this is weird.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

I don't remember hearing about Woolie playing Drakengard, this is weird.
Wait the first one???

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Wait the first one???

I mean the series in general. That's the only example I have of anything at all close to what Flubby described happening.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

I mean the series in general. That's the only example I have of anything at all close to what Flubby described happening.

its the good ending of sekiro

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Regarde Aduck posted:

i got burned out by AoT when the super grimdark started. Didn't think it was fascism or any of that poo poo, i'm just done with 'become the baddie to beat the baddies, FACE TO BLOODSHED' poo poo. Kinda glad I bailed early.

It's not actually fascist. It just has an unneeded line. But still calls the guy out for his actions being a mistake.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's not nearly strong enough of a condemnation for what that character did and said character is still presented as a tragic hero

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Apr 12, 2021

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
It spends more time framing him as a tragic hero than it does even just tut tutting what he had actually done.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Eren was always the worst part of AoT.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blockhouse posted:

It's not nearly strong enough of a condemnation for what that character did and said character is still presented as a tragic hero

Less Tragic Hero and more just tragic.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The tonal shift of the very last chapter is ataggering, like the entire arc prior is them explicitly doing everything they possibly can including sacrificing themselves just to stop him, that line is entirely out of character for what has been happening in the last dozen+ chapters prior.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Wow Captain Invictus, I'm going to guess you've been posting about the ending of AoT a lot, judging from your avatar.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Attack on Titan is about a world of only fascism and you're supposed to root for the Good Fascists to beat the Bad Fascists, and long before this insane ending this was the case. Isayama loving loves fascism and literally based a character on a colonial war criminal and IJA leader. gently caress Attack on Titan.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Baron Snow posted:

Wow Captain Invictus, I'm going to guess you've been posting about the ending of AoT a lot, judging from your avatar.
I said someone was a shitter for spoiling the manga ending in the anime thread and so they bought me this. lol

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rody One Half posted:

Attack on Titan is about a world of only fascism and you're supposed to root for the Good Fascists to beat the Bad Fascists, and long before this insane ending this was the case. Isayama loving loves fascism and literally based a character on a colonial war criminal and IJA leader. gently caress Attack on Titan.

Welcome, guy who wrote the polygon article

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rody One Half posted:

Your going by a lot of wrong info then. Like the fact that said general died before those war crimes, and Isayama said one the reasons he admired him was for giving up on a life of war.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Your going by a lot of wrong info then. Like the fact that said general died before those war crimes, and Isayama said one the reasons he admired him was for giving up on a life of war.

Liking a soldier for not being in love with war like Big Boss? Mmm, I dunno about that one chief. Sounds real fascist to me.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Like the fact that said general died before those war crimes,

I'm not interested in Isayama apologia, because anyone who hasn't admitted what that guy is by now never will, but on this particular point, just so we're clear, do you think Japan only started doing colonialism in WW2?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm not really interested in the AOT fascism argument but I'm not sure Isayama putting in that guy is any different from a british writer putting in a Churchill stand-in or a Finnish writer putting in a Mannerheim stand-in (who was a finnish general/president and a mass-murdering piece of poo poo but widely regarded as a national hero).

Andrast fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Apr 13, 2021

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rody One Half posted:

I'm not interested in Isayama apologia, because anyone who hasn't admitted what that guy is by now never will, but on this particular point, just so we're clear, do you think Japan only started doing colonialism in WW2?
ah, the "I'm not going to engage in any meaningful discussion with you, but just going to snipe instead" method of internet argument, excellent, you are a true scholar. so how much purestrain twitter hot takes did you inject to reach this point

also pat didn't call aot fascist. in fact he got into a twitter spat over specifically that point.
https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1380259091680002050

Andrast posted:

I'm not really interested in the AOT fascism argument but I'm not sure Isayama putting in that guy is any different from a british writer putting in a Churchill stand-in or a Finnish writer putting in a Mannerheim stand-in (who was a finnish general/president and a mass-murdering piece of poo poo but widely regarded as a national hero).
or an american(or other!) writer putting in a patton, eisenhower, sherman, etc stand-in

turns out a whole lot of glorified military mooks the world over did a lot of reprehensible poo poo that they should be discarded and scorned by history for, but are often instead glorified, and then we often learn those watered down heroic fabricated histories of them during history class.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So that's the goon everyone talked about in the aot thread

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

aot is worse than fascist, it's liberal.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

i first heard about attack the titan ~2013 from the then zorak-led ADTRW. the thread described it as a meditation on the nature of fate and death and that it was a depressing bloodbath reminiscent of berserk. i watched the first episode and it began with jetpacks made of wood and it was stupid

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Smoking Crow posted:

i first heard about attack the titan ~2013 from the then zorak-led ADTRW. the thread described it as a meditation on the nature of fate and death and that it was a depressing bloodbath reminiscent of berserk. i watched the first episode and it began with jetpacks made of wood and it was stupid
Well? What do you think of it now that it ended?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

mediocre shonen

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SethSeries posted:

SBFC 014: Escalate Immediately to Gun Violence.

For a moment I was like "wait they're doing a podcast together again?"

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Listening to Woolie mentally calculus his no-skill entry-level QA job into being the most critical role in game development is a hell of a thing. Like, I get it- he knows a lot about QA and it's definitely a vital part of development, but I'm so tired of Woolie going "As someone who did QA ten years ago I have a lot of game development experience, and..." and proceeding to talk out his rear end about poo poo he genuinely doesn't have any understanding of or insight into.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

QA is really about how much they actually listen to the reports from it.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Are we the most vicious critics of Woolie Madden?

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Honestly he's probably his own worst critic, I've always assumed that, like, a solid 90% of his sanctimony and aggressive stubbornness comes from anxiety and wanting to do his best, which is totally understandable. But that doesn't change how utterly insufferable he becomes outside the narrow window of stuff he's both good at and likes talking about... the more I fall off their content, the more I feel bad for the guy. Of the four it feels like pat is the only one who still actually wants to be a weirdo internet person as a full-time job.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Cherry boy Reggie was completely unprepared for some of the dialogue choices in Disco. Cuno is going to scar him for life when they reach him.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Omi no Kami posted:

Listening to Woolie mentally calculus his no-skill entry-level QA job into being the most critical role in game development is a hell of a thing. Like, I get it- he knows a lot about QA and it's definitely a vital part of development, but I'm so tired of Woolie going "As someone who did QA ten years ago I have a lot of game development experience, and..." and proceeding to talk out his rear end about poo poo he genuinely doesn't have any understanding of or insight into.

You've been really weird about Woolie, man.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, I just listened to that segment and I did not get that impression at all.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Pennsylvanian posted:

They are the CharlieFoxtrot of the sbf thread

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Pennsylvanian posted:

It could totally just be me, so my bad if it's the case. Hope he finds success with whatever he wants to, but holy hell- after the one-two punch of Arkham and Sekiro I'm pretty much done with anything the dude's involved in.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Omi no Kami posted:

It could totally just be me, so my bad if it's the case. Hope he finds success with whatever he wants to, but holy hell- after the one-two punch of Arkham and Sekiro I'm pretty much done with anything the dude's involved in.
Watch other older LPs of his like Nier Automata, Death Stranding and KOTOR 2 for the love of montressor.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Grouchio posted:

Watch other older LPs of his like Nier Automata, Death Stranding and KOTOR 2 for the love of montressor.
"FOR THE LOVE OF SUBS, WARNER BROTHERS!"
"Yes... for the love of subs."
*mutes another video*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
What sorta stats did Woolie give his cop?