Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Amoeba102 posted:

Should probably have the Kindling Elemental (1 mana 1/2 reduce the cost of your next elemental by 1), so you can do some sick Kindling on 1, Arid Stormer on 2 plays that people can't answer well.
I've got a similar list, but I have 5 total murlocs in there, 1 to give me an extra turn 1 play (1/2 deathrttle summon a 1/1), 1 to get the extra tempo damage (3/2 deal 2 if you have a murloc), and the last is the legendary murloc that I pulled. The murlocs arr probably not optimal though.

Yeah I first started with the murloc package. I ran into the issue where I either had too few murlocs to run them effectively or too many and then I would run out of gas if I didn't draw my finishers.

My current problem now is that elementals are understated so even I can cheat something out than I'm going to lose the board and not get the chip damage in. It works great against like mage but it is folding to any token or tempo deck.

I'm going to retool it with just decent tempo minions and burst and see what happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

The change to the Rogue Connections hero power almost feels like an improvement in some weird way. Hand size is way easier to manage.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Beasteh posted:

How the gently caress do you beat control warlock as miracle priest

I have to be approaching it the wrong way or something, they have more removal than I have resurrects and then they just tickatus me twice and jaraxxus me to death

i've managed to only beat control warlock once since the expansion came out... this was earlier today, post patch with the nerfs. he had gotten off the combo and had used most of the power cards in the deck (y'shaarj, 4x corrupted strongmen, 2x twisting nethers, 2x tickatus, roame, malicia, etc.)

somehow i got lucky, outlasted, and had just enough with lethal at the very end when he finally conceded. jerk wouldn't even let me actually kill him but nonetheless it was very cathartic.

Last King fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Apr 14, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

Apparently Blizzard is giving a full dust refund for Kargal Bladesmith because of the watchpost nerfs. A pleasant surprise.

If they are, it's not happening now.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Acerbatus posted:

If they are, it's not happening now.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Sloppy posted:

The change to the Rogue Connections hero power almost feels like an improvement in some weird way. Hand size is way easier to manage.

And now it works with Stargazing!

But yeah, I did have that problem pretty often when I was playing it, especially on the runs when I had no mana cheating passive to get the more expensive cards out of my hand easily.

I wonder if the change will open up any new kind of Connections deck or whether the quest will still be the optimal way to play it. One thing I noticed with the starting decklist for quest is that you get really terrible buckets, but maybe using the power as a cheap combo enabler as I think it was originally intended might allow some kind of combo focused deck, though off the top of my head I can't think of how that could be good.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

:bisonyes:

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
Been playing for a few hours today and gone from diamond 5 to legend in a few hours with a 34-12 record with this list -- I feel like it absolutely feasts on everything except for face DH kind of builds and no minion mage (which feels like a coin flip if you just play hard aggro)

Playmaker, Rokara, and Samuro are all complete rock stars, and ETC/bumper car dumb poo poo with buffs you lets you snatch all kind of wins from people who think they're safe. I really really love this deck. It's like figuring out a weird tempo puzzle every turn and buffing the poo poo out of stuff when you can afford to

### Rush Warrior
# Class: Warrior
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Athletic Studies
# 2x (1) Stage Dive
# 2x (2) Bumper Car
# 2x (2) Conditioning (Rank 1)
# 1x (2) Corsair Cache
# 2x (2) Crabrider
# 1x (2) E.T.C., God of Metal
# 2x (2) Parade Leader
# 2x (3) Playmaker
# 1x (3) Rokara
# 2x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 1x (3) Warmaul Challenger
# 1x (4) Blademaster Samuro
# 2x (4) Outrider's Axe
# 2x (4) Sword Eater
# 1x (5) Overlord Runthak
# 1x (5) Ringmaster Whatley
# 2x (8) Troublemaker
# 1x (9) Alexstrasza the Life-Binder
#
AAECAZ+rBAi7uQPAuQPA3gPO3gP76AOV7QOqigSwigQL4swD3c0Dp84Ds94Dtd4Dut4Dwd4DkeQDlugDju0DmO0DAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
https://twitter.com/Mryagut/status/1382086669214580739
I tried the deck and went 8-11 at Gold 6-7, perhaps because I'm bad. Cloak of shadows is very cool and I might add them to another list because nobody expects them and they win games.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I cut 1 Pen Flinger for a Samuro in the old Libram Secrets list and the deck still feels as strong as ever

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Sweet! Got this card today and was bummed, but now it's a free legendary of my choice.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Burginator posted:

Been playing for a few hours today and gone from diamond 5 to legend in a few hours with a 34-12 record with this list -- I feel like it absolutely feasts on everything except for face DH kind of builds and no minion mage (which feels like a coin flip if you just play hard aggro)

Playmaker, Rokara, and Samuro are all complete rock stars, and ETC/bumper car dumb poo poo with buffs you lets you snatch all kind of wins from people who think they're safe. I really really love this deck. It's like figuring out a weird tempo puzzle every turn and buffing the poo poo out of stuff when you can afford to

### Rush Warrior
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Stage Dive
# 2x (2) Bumper Car
# 1x (2) Corsair Cache
# 2x (2) Crabrider
# 2x (2) Parade Leader
# 2x (3) Playmaker
# 1x (3) Rokara
# 1x (3) Warmaul Challenger
# 2x (4) Outrider's Axe
# 2x (4) Sword Eater
# 2x (8) Troublemaker
#
AAECAZ+rBAi7uQPAuQPA3gPO3gP76AOV7QOqigSwigQL4swD3c0Dp84Ds94Dtd4Dut4Dwd4DkeQDlugDju0DmO0DAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I've been waiting the whole expansion to play this deck, as I was the few calling Rokara the sleeper of the set

McBanterFace is iterating on the deck right now, cutting Troublemakers in this new meta (these were added to pressure Spell Mage), and cutting the Scorpids for more action on-board:

### Rush Warrior
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Stage Dive
# 2x (2) Bumper Car
# 1x (2) Corsair Cache
# 2x (2) Crabrider
# 2x (2) Parade Leader
# 2x (3) Playmaker
# 1x (3) Rokara
# 2x (3) Warmaul Challenger
# 2x (4) Outrider's Axe
# 2x (4) Sword Eater
# 1x (5) Doctor Krastinov
# 2x (5) Mor'shan Elite
#
AAECAQcIwLkDqtIDwN4Dzt4D++gDle0DqooEsIoEC7u5A+LMA93NA7PeA7XeA7reA8HeA5HkA47tA5TtA5jtAwA=
# Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/pYDXgGLVD6TKqFfWnsBYWb/

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

How does nerfing and dusting work?

For x time you can dust the cards for a full refund ?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

How does nerfing and dusting work?

For x time you can dust the cards for a full refund ?

where x = 2 weeks, yep that's it

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

AnacondaHL posted:

I've been waiting the whole expansion to play this deck, as I was the few calling Rokara the sleeper of the set

McBanterFace is iterating on the deck right now, cutting Troublemakers in this new meta (these were added to pressure Spell Mage), and cutting the Scorpids for more action on-board:

I was one of the people thinking Rokara sucked, but now I've seen the light. Between athletic studies, buffs, and playmaker plays (To get multiple copies for insane swing turns), she is a loving tempo juggernaut that wins games single handedly pretty frequently. I played this more aggro oriented list basically as it's listed at the start of the expansion, I didn't even think of going back to it. Troublemaker has felt excellent in my games, and I feel like just having the extra reach is really helpful against a few classes. I might put in Mor'shans though, that's a goddamn good card.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

So when do the nerfs go live? I've had a Golden Jandice sitting around since Scholomance :getin:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Blooming Brilliant posted:

So when do the nerfs go live? I've had a Golden Jandice sitting around since Scholomance :getin:

They're live already. I had a golden Jandice that I never used too. Now I'm 3200 dust richer. gently caress that card.

Btw, Mankrik's Wife now works as a 3-mana spell. Really neat to pull it from Tracking on turn 4 after using Mankrik. Gonna be even cooler to pull it with Kodobane.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Apr 14, 2021

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
11-4 with handbuff rush warrior in the new meta, with two of the losses coming against control warlock (0-2, forget about it). 3-0 against paladins, 3-1 against mages. Playmaker and Parade Leader are the unexpected co-mvps of the deck

### buff
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Stage Dive
# 2x (2) Bumper Car
# 2x (2) Crabrider
# 2x (2) Parade Leader
# 2x (3) Playmaker
# 1x (3) Rokara
# 2x (3) Warmaul Challenger
# 2x (4) Outrider's Axe
# 2x (4) Sword Eater
# 2x (5) Cutting Class
# 2x (5) Mor'shan Elite
#
AAECAZfDAwbA3gPO3gP76AOV7QOqigSwigQMu7kD4swD3c0D99QDs94Dtd4Dut4Dwd4DkeQDju0DlO0DmO0DAA==
#

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Another interesting interaction - intended or not - came up on Thijs' stream just now:

If you have cards in your hand that were reduced to 0 mana with Skull of Gul'dan, they will stay at 0 mana even after your opponent plays Celestial Alignment.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

mcbexx posted:

Another interesting interaction - intended or not - came up on Thijs' stream just now:

If you have cards in your hand that were reduced to 0 mana with Skull of Gul'dan, they will stay at 0 mana even after your opponent plays Celestial Alignment.

Yeah, CA is kind of broken right now. All cost discounts work with it, including Flow and......

https://twitter.com/HIJO_HS/status/1382047287518633984

Thaurrisan! Even if you play it before CA, lol

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I just faced my first Rally Priest. It's degenerate and I honestly kinda love it

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe
good to see that priest (in all its forms) is still the most unfun to play against as ever.

at least with the lunacy mages you knew after the card was played the game was a toss up (loss) after that point and they didn't spend every turn roping to drag things out even further.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
This set of nerfs will get me to about 7000 dust, maybe I can finally be part of the Paladin plague.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I’ve been putting Rally in Secret Paladin and it’s been pretty gnarly there as well.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

gandlethorpe posted:

They're live already. I had a golden Jandice that I never used too. Now I'm 3200 dust richer. gently caress that card.

Btw, Mankrik's Wife now works as a 3-mana spell. Really neat to pull it from Tracking on turn 4 after using Mankrik. Gonna be even cooler to pull it with Kodobane.

I pulled it with Kodabane yesterday and it was absolutely glorious. Got me the win right then and there.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Beasteh posted:

How the gently caress do you beat control warlock as miracle priest

I have to be approaching it the wrong way or something, they have more removal than I have resurrects and then they just tickatus me twice and jaraxxus me to death

I am having success against control warlock with.

### Golem Wife
# Class: Priest
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Draconic Studies
# 2x (1) Holy Smite
# 2x (1) Renew
# 2x (2) Condemn (Rank 1)
# 2x (2) Insight
# 2x (2) Sethekk Veilweaver
# 2x (2) Thrive in the Shadows
# 2x (2) Wandmaker
# 2x (3) Apotheosis
# 2x (3) Hysteria
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 1x (3) Mindrender Illucia
# 2x (3) Palm Reading
# 1x (4) Kazakus, Golem Shaper
# 1x (7) Soul Mirror
#
AAECAaKrBATIvgP70QP86APn8AMNk7oDm7oDr7oD3swD184D/tED4t4D+98D+OMDlugDnusDrYoEhZ8EAA==
#

It's not miracle.

Against Warlock, you are an aggro deck. Your job is to pressure their life total so they feel they can't tap which starves them of removal. You are buffing minions and going face. You are looking to silence key minions, put them against the ropes and then have a key Illucia turn where you threaten lethal or similar and take their hand so they can't do much of anything.

I just won a game where they had played Tickatus, and Ysharjj in hand with two Strongmen. Nothing else because they hadn't been able to tap. Rustwix on board. I had a good board and not much removal in hand. Swapped with Illucia, killed Rustwix so he fed into my deck, got rid what I could other besides Ysharjj, they essentially skipped their turn trying to waste my hand. When we swapped back, I just needed to find the "kill all minions with more than 5 attack" spell to deal with the big swing turn and then kept going face while drawing Primes.

That's not, like a reproducible lesson, except that I've been having more and more luck against control Warlock by playing as aggro as I can, and looking for Illucia opportunities to make them skip turns, rather than to steal their cards.

doingitwrong fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Apr 14, 2021

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
I was playing a slightly modified flavor of rush Warrior deck posted above and I really liked it. My biggest gripe with it was finding a balance between going face and control on board, leaving just enough minions in place in case I'd draw ETC. Still, deck was super fun to play.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Patches / Embiggen / Mark of the Lotus brawl is back.

So yeah it's whoever goes first wins

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Lightning Bloom / Ancestral Knowledge / Snowfury Giant is pretty fun if you get the right draw. Arcane Giant also works if you don't have Snowfury and aren't about to spend dust on a brawl.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
Fireball / incanters flow / refreshing spring water is pretty much a guaranteed win on turn 4.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Olpainless posted:

Patches / Embiggen / Mark of the Lotus brawl is back.

So yeah it's whoever goes first wins

people might hate on this brawl, but at least it's coin toss and very quick (unlike any warlock or priest games on ranked right now).

a few minutes and you get an easy pack.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Last King posted:

people might hate on this brawl, but at least it's coin toss and very quick (unlike any warlock or priest games on ranked right now).

a few minutes and you get an easy pack.

This loving Priest kept roping every team after he had played his cards. He was winning pretty handedly as well.

Anyway, been wrecking with Face Hunter at the moment. Figured that was the way to go until something else seems fun in the new meta.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Love too play versus a paladin that plays Libram of Hope 4 times in a game for 3 mana each. Oh well, at least I made that fucker work for their win with a game 4 times as long as what they normally have. I'm honestly surprised I answered 4 LoH as a hunter and still managed to get them down to 6 hp.

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.

doingitwrong posted:

I am having success against control warlock with.

### Golem Wife
# Class: Priest
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Draconic Studies
# 2x (1) Holy Smite
# 2x (1) Renew
# 2x (2) Condemn (Rank 1)
# 2x (2) Insight
# 2x (2) Sethekk Veilweaver
# 2x (2) Thrive in the Shadows
# 2x (2) Wandmaker
# 2x (3) Apotheosis
# 2x (3) Hysteria
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 1x (3) Mindrender Illucia
# 2x (3) Palm Reading
# 1x (7) Soul Mirror
#
AAECAaKrBATIvgP70QP86APn8AMNk7oDm7oDr7oD3swD184D/tED4t4D+98D+OMDlugDnusDrYoEhZ8EAA==
#

I think that I was playing against this deck in a priest vs priest match yesterday. Or at least very similar one. I was playing control and won but only because I was lucky with some discoveries, match was very close. Thanks for sharing the list, definitely a deck which can generate a lot of value while still having some surprises down it’s sleeve

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
edit: i dumb

peer fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Apr 14, 2021

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

All right, guaranteed lethal next turn and 17 hp against a boardless mage. They only have 4 cards and 8 mana next turn, I should be good.

Haha silly me.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This deck is probably only working cause I'm in poo poo tier legend but it's fun so far.

### Custom Rogue
# Class: Rogue
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (1) Bladed Cultist
# 1x (1) Brain Freeze
# 2x (1) Prize Plunderer
# 2x (1) Secret Passage
# 2x (1) Wand Thief
# 2x (2) Efficient Octo-bot
# 1x (2) Foxy Fraud
# 2x (2) Swindle
# 1x (2) Tenwu of the Red Smoke
# 2x (2) Wicked Stab (Rank 1)
# 2x (3) Field Contact
# 1x (3) Horde Operative
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 2x (3) Ticket Master
# 1x (6) Grand Empress Shek'zara
#
AAECAYO6AgjHzgPf3QPq3QPD4QP86APn8APu8QOwigQLqssDpNED5d0D590D890DqOsDqusDq+sDkZ8E9p8E76AEAA==
#

Play tempo-ish then use octobots/tenwu/alex and wicked stabs to burst for like 20

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

Last King posted:

people might hate on this brawl, but at least it's coin toss and very quick

Let me introduce you to Crimson Sigil Runner/Kor'vas/Consume Magic deck.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I unpacked Guff so I started playing Guff token druid and it's pretty good.
### Token Druid
# Class: Druid
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
# 2x (1) Adorable Infestation
# 2x (1) Gibberling
# 2x (1) Nature Studies
# 2x (2) Guess the Weight
# 2x (2) Lunar Eclipse
# 1x (2) Mark of the Wild
# 2x (2) Power of the Wild
# 2x (2) Solar Eclipse
# 2x (2) Thorngrowth Sentries
# 2x (3) Fungal Fortunes
# 1x (3) Guff Runetotem
# 2x (4) Pride's Fury
# 2x (5) Arbor Up
# 2x (5) Glowfly Swarm
#
AAECAZICAvvtA4efBA7lugPvugP5zAObzgO50gPw1AOJ4AOK4APR4QOM5AOt7AOz7AOunwTZnwQA
#

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

If you are hating mage right now, burn shaman seems to be pretty favored against them. Freezing the board doesn't help against doomhammer and they can't put ooze in their deck to stop you. Here is what I'm currently rocking

### Infinite Doomhammer!
# Class: Shaman
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
# 2x (1) Lightning Bolt
# 2x (1) Primordial Studies
# 2x (2) Cagematch Custodian
# 2x (2) Diligent Notetaker
# 2x (2) Rockbiter Weapon
# 2x (2) Toad of the Wilds
# 2x (3) Frozen Shadoweaver
# 2x (3) Serpentshrine Portal
# 2x (3) Stormstrike
# 1x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 2x (3) Whack-A-Gnoll Hammer
# 1x (4) Bru'kan
# 2x (4) Dunk Tank
# 2x (5) Doomhammer
# 2x (6) Fire Elemental
#
AAECAaoIApboA+LsAw7buAPWvgPhzAPNzgPw1AOn3gOo3gOq3gOr3gOS7gOMnwSNnwT5nwT+nwQA
#