Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Do you think that Franky Monet, (John Morrisson's real life wife) will interact with him on TV as a real life couple the way that Maryse Mizanin, (Miz's real life wife) interacts with him on TV as a real life couple?

Or will they keep her on NXT as a way to needlessly, pointlessly, and pettily keep apart a real life couple for WWE reasons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Do they still make every Japanese wrestler they've ever had use entrance music with a bamboo flute in it

KUSHIDA's a time traveler, right

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Do you think that Franky Monet, (John Morrisson's real life wife) will interact with him on TV as a real life couple the way that Maryse Mizanin, (Miz's real life wife) interacts with him on TV as a real life couple?

Or will they keep her on NXT as a way to needlessly, pointlessly, and pettily keep apart a real life couple for WWE reasons?

They’re both in Florida for the length of the pandemic, so they’re going to get to spend a good deal of her contract together!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I'm still lol-ing at them signing Taya Valkyrie and sending her straight to the Performance Center.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Neodoomium posted:

Do they still make every Japanese wrestler they've ever had use entrance music with a bamboo flute in it

They do not. Asuka, Io, and Kushida's themes all don't even sound like they were influenced from Japanese music.

Also Io's theme is like the one good theme def rebel actually made. And she's one of the only really interesting entrances in the company right now.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Apr 14, 2021

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Vandar posted:

I'm still lol-ing at them signing Taya Valkyrie and sending her straight to the Performance Center.

I mean, she’s only been doing this for like ten years, how’s she supposed to know where the hard cam is

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

low key the funny part to me, the classic wwe-ism, is you could have just taken that women's segment and done it in the opposite order. Have Raquel come out, cut her promo, rhea and bianca come out, they celebrate together w/ the picture up, and THEN have taya come out to interrupt that. Interrupting the celebration is way more of a goad if you're angling for a title match, and now you have a little seed you could use later on if she feuds with either of the other women.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

DarkstarIV posted:

They do not. Asuka, Io, and Kushida's themes all don't even sound like they were influenced from Japanese music.

Also Io's theme is like the one good theme def rebel actually made. And she's one of the only really interesting entrances in the company right now.

Tozawa's too, unless they've changed it recently.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lethrom posted:

Tozawa's too, unless they've changed it recently.

Tozawa has an entrance?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

StarkRavingMad posted:

I mean, she’s only been doing this for like ten years, how’s she supposed to know where the hard cam is

Yeah it's not like she's an experienced talent who's won tons of titles and awards all over the world or anything. :v:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
For their sake, I hope Taya and JoMo don't interact on camera because that has a high chance of leading to cuck angles, and considering Morrison's history...

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
So uh... I’ve been sick for a couple days taking a lot of NyQuil, but I just got to the Miz & Morrison part of Mania night one and I’m beginning to wonder just how much NyQuil I had.

:wtc:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Bard Maddox posted:

since when do you just get to quit in this company

I'm hoping Roderick does a Brian Pillman and shoot joins another company while he's kayfabe on leave.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Procrastinator posted:

low key the funny part to me, the classic wwe-ism, is you could have just taken that women's segment and done it in the opposite order. Have Raquel come out, cut her promo, rhea and bianca come out, they celebrate together w/ the picture up, and THEN have taya come out to interrupt that. Interrupting the celebration is way more of a goad if you're angling for a title match, and now you have a little seed you could use later on if she feuds with either of the other women.

Bruce Prichard had removed you from the creative team.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

DeepDickPizza posted:

For their sake, I hope Taya and JoMo don't interact on camera because that has a high chance of leading to cuck angles, and considering Morrison's history...

Or Seth and Becky where they both looked so miserable because they SEVERELY wanted to focus on their singles careers but had to have a 3 month feud with... *checks notes* Constable Corbin and Lacey Evans?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Jesus Christ. A Canadian Destroyer??? :stare:

I know it’s three days old now but I didn’t see that coming. :stare:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

BGrifter posted:

Jesus Christ. A Canadian Destroyer??? :stare:

I know it’s three days old now but I didn’t see that coming. :stare:

It's the wrestling move that is the most clearly being done by the person it's supposed to be hurting, so yeah, perfect spectacle move for a celebrity to use in a match.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Yeah the Destroyer is a flashy move where the person taking it does all the work and the person delivering it just kind of has to jump forwards and keep their hands locked. It's very much a move that a celebrity could pull off without much problems.

Now Bad Bunny doing the deal is the real poo poo.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Breetai posted:

It's the wrestling move that is the most clearly being done by the person it's supposed to be hurting, so yeah, perfect spectacle move for a celebrity to use in a match.

Sure, but I’ve seen a lot of hosed up Canadian Destroyers over the years involving two professionals. Really I’ve probably seen more screwed up ones than ones that went right. Credit to Morrison and BB on that one, it looked fantastic in real-time.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Neodoomium posted:

kushida's gimmick is that he really likes the back to the future movie series

like if orange cassidy's gimmick was ENTIRELY about fast and the furious. actually wait that sounds badass, coward tony, i know you're listening.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Vandar posted:

And giving her the name Franky Monet

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Maxwell Lord posted:

And giving her the name Franky Monet

What name is worse, Franky Monet or LA Knight?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Franky Monet is objectively an awful name but I also kinda feel like Taya fits it. It’s weird.

Somehow I feel like it kinda works.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

StarkRavingMad posted:

Sasha Banks isn't even 30 yet.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Breetai posted:

I think an excellent applier with a mediocre taker does lots of work, but the match was yet another reminder of how great Morrison is at making his opponents look great.

The falcon arrow was so drat clean and people somehow aren't talking about it!

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Apr 14, 2021

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

imagine falling for something that kota ibushi didn't

lmao

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
giving Kushida the CRUISERWEIGHT title is such a rib that I can't decide if its on purpose.

After 11 months we finally have the answer to who is the real cruiserweight champion, Santos or Devlin

Neither

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Apr 14, 2021

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the above posts reads as though it spoils something in the first sentence and then puts spoiler tags on a more vague way of saying it. but i didn't watch and maybe that's not what is going on. it's comedic looking to me, in a good way, is what i'm saying. I want to thank you for that and especially if it's kosher, bringing only good into the world

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i believe i've figured out that using the spoiler tag at all was the joke being made. However i don't like that joke at all. i like the more sinuous joke that i've created using your soul and body. This feeling is extremely powerful

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

this WWF thread has really gotten the post-Mania "bump"

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Bard Maddox posted:

since when do you just get to quit in this company

Didn't Strong say that once he was done wrestling he wanted to be a coach in the Performance Center? Maybe this is how they're writing him out (permanently or temporarily).

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/Tru_Alpha/status/1381299450736480262?s=19

:yeshaha:

e:
https://twitter.com/Tru_Alpha/status/1381389479798276109?s=20
seth is good again

e2:

nothing as good as All Elite Scooby Doo from the taker ones

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Apr 14, 2021

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
That Seth cameo is everything I would have wanted if I paid $500

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Scummy used car salesman is a good gimmick for Seth.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

when did Jay White join Cameo?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
A friend of mine paid $50 for a Rob Paulsen Cameo for his eight year old son and it was the most adorable thing.

$500 for Shame McMahon

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Dalton Castle is a top-tier Cameo and he's like $25

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
that seth cameo has the same energy as a deleted scene from the big lebowski

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This version of Seth Rollins is easily the best version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency