Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Straight White Shark posted:

I like that Solomon Dave can tell what's going on and knows it's a good idea but he's still pissy about them loving with his house

GRNNNNNNNN is just the sound Solomon makes when people touch his stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Chaos just starts doing the Shin Getter thing where it uses combining into people as an attack maneuver

It's going to be Gurenn Lagann with giganto-Voltron woman spitting out smaller and smaller women until it's just Alison popping out to punch Jaggatron in the eye.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
What if Aspected Chaos is just Getter 1 and she’s still got two more forms up her sleeve?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

jsoh posted:

when maya shows up to kill incubus aspected chaos is just going to eat her.

Now I have an invisible sword

HO - HO - HO

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1382182164142424065

Jaggs is a Vogon poet, apparently.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Zoss not actually having beaten Metatron and then being allowed to play act as supreme badass ruler of all would be a bit of a swerve. I take it that the other demiurges would probably also be surprised to learn that.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Unveiling! And here is the time loop. According to Jagganoth Zoss has given his power to others before - Allison is not the first being to be The One. But that heir fails and Zoss tries again.

a computing pun
Jan 1, 2013
the way i read it, assuming Jagg is not misinformed or lying, is that Zoss beat the poo poo out of Metatron and then Metatron, lying there defeated, volunteered the names of god, giving Zoss power over creation in order to... curse and/or subvert Zoss in some manner that is not entirely spelled out but appears to be related to either literal time travel or metaphorical cycles of violence and eternal recurrence.

also, the first panel with the floating island is incredibly pretty.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I would not trust Jaggs to have this more than 50% correct.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

a computing pun posted:

the way i read it, assuming Jagg is not misinformed or lying, is that Zoss beat the poo poo out of Metatron and then Metatron, lying there defeated, volunteered the names of god, giving Zoss power over creation in order to... curse and/or subvert Zoss in some manner that is not entirely spelled out but appears to be related to either literal time travel or metaphorical cycles of violence and eternal recurrence.

My take would be Metatron suckered Zoss by giving him the names so he'd act unwittingly to Metatron's design.

Like the whole reveal with Mass Effect's technology; Your civilization is based on the technology of the mass relays, our technology. By using it, your society develops along the paths we desire.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

WHY ARE PEOPLE OUT FOR A SAIL JESUS CHRIST

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Bilirubin posted:

They may have been trying to escape the fires in the part of the city that wasn't completely obliterated. And then suddenly some rear end in a top hat went and yanked a mountain out of the sea!

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Metatron, lying in a crumpled heap and bleeding feathers from every wound: "I freely gave Zoss the names, he didn't beat me to a feathery pulp at all. These wounds? An entirely unrelated issue."

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

"im not owned! im not owned!", i continue to insist, as i slowly shrink and transform into a cool white flame

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

a computing pun posted:

it has been hammered into us one thousand times that being royalty sucks, has it not? that's all you need to curse someone

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Is it really a huge surprise that the guy who is known to have hosed up everything in the first place is perhaps a bit of a fuckup?

Like, I never really took Zoss at face value anyway, because the theme of an old man telling a young woman what to do being a right and good thing doesn't really jive with the rest of the comic.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Bilirubin posted:

It’s only been like 20 minutes since the massive tournament finale was interrupted with the start of the apocalypse. They were probably all drunk wealthy assholes on the gorgeous little lake Solomon setup.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
i've been ruminating over a further theory even before today where zoss might not be the first Conquering King, just the first one to beat the poo poo out of Metatron

the first X Quadrillion accepted his gift willingly or defeated him less thoroughly, Zoss was slightly more royal or at least slightly more incubussy and that's what originally threw the whole monomyth off kilter

but it wasn't enough to prevent Metatron from getting his very nearly perfect, very nearly infertile circle on

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

M_Gargantua posted:

It’s only been like 20 minutes since the massive tournament finale was interrupted with the start of the apocalypse. They were probably all drunk wealthy assholes on the gorgeous little lake Solomon setup.
No they weren't, sailing while drunk is punished by immediate execution.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Bilirubin posted:

I think those boats were moored to the arena island, while it was still there.

Alternatively

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Reclaimer posted:

Is it really a huge surprise that the guy who is known to have hosed up everything in the first place is perhaps a bit of a fuckup?

Like, I never really took Zoss at face value anyway, because the theme of an old man telling a young woman what to do being a right and good thing doesn't really jive with the rest of the comic.

I'm not so sure about that. Zoss has been pretty much 100% on the money so far. It was he who told her to trust White Chain, which was pretty much objectively correct, and he hasn't ever really told her directly to do anything I don't think? He mostly showed contempt at IncubusAllison being kind of a shithead and a repetition of the sins of old which...well. Yes.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I mean Zoss pretty much says the same thing as Jags here:
https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-10-141/

Guildenstern Mother fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Apr 14, 2021

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

nimby posted:

Metatron, lying in a crumpled heap and bleeding feathers from every wound: "I freely gave Zoss the names, he didn't beat me to a feathery pulp at all. These wounds? An entirely unrelated issue."

Maybe he already looked like that. :v:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Or to put it another way, I think the reason why Zoss is probably MOSTLY trustworthy is he is not an Old Man telling a young woman what to do, he’s an Old Man telling a young woman “here’s how I hosed up REAL bad please try anything other than that and hopefully be better than me”.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Captain Oblivious posted:

Or to put it another way, I think the reason why Zoss is probably MOSTLY trustworthy is he is not an Old Man telling a young woman what to do, he’s an Old Man telling a young woman “here’s how I hosed up REAL bad please try anything other than that and hopefully be better than me”.

He's got his finger on the reset button in case she doesn't resolve this impossible situation to his liking. He's still loving up.

Guildenstern Mother posted:

I mean Zoss pretty much says the same thing as Jags here:
https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-10-141/

Jags' revelation is that Zoss is Metatron's catspaw though.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Reclaimer posted:

He's got his finger on the reset button in case she doesn't resolve this impossible situation to his liking. He's still loving up.

Quite possibly yes! But I also do not trust Jaggs to be 100% accurate here either. He is still an antagonist at the end of the day and is convinced that he can fix things via omnicide.

He can be correct that there is a time loop but that doesn’t mean Zoss is necessarily Metatron’s catspaw. It’s too early to fully trust Sadbrains McOmnicide.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Apr 14, 2021

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm just glad Jagg's finally straight up said what the story had been hinting at re: time loops so that topic is no longer up for debate.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Yeah, now the new ambiguity is over whether Jagganoth knows that Zoss had a change of heart or not.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

It's equally likely that Jagganoth is being played by Metatron, up to being tricked into believing Zoss had complete mastery of the wheel, including a reset button.

If he's correct, though, that does raise some interesting questions about what exactly Jadis saw when she looked at the shape of the universe. If it's all time-loopy, could be a good source of her ability to 'see' the future. It's not that she sees the future, she actually just remembers a past reset. (Also a reason why she wrongly identified Zaid as the successor)

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Is this the first time anyone has mentioned capital-R Royalty in the comic proper?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

YaketySass posted:

Yeah, now the new ambiguity is over whether Jagganoth knows that Zoss had a change of heart or not.

And/or whether he truly did

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

GunnerJ posted:

Is this the first time anyone has mentioned capital-R Royalty in the comic proper?

White Chain first introduces herself back in chapter 1 with "I am an ardent student of the 47 Empty Palms and know of the 4th syllable of Royalty."

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

The one eyed Allison is going to be the next cycle's Zoss figure. Her cycle will be better than this one, with less cruelty, bloodshed, hatred, and death... but still a lot of cruelty, bloodshed, hatred, and death because she can't get it perfect.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

habeasdorkus posted:

The one eyed Allison is going to be the next cycle's Zoss figure. Her cycle will be better than this one, with less cruelty, bloodshed, hatred, and death... but still a lot of cruelty, bloodshed, hatred, and death because she can't get it perfect.

i wonder if that isn't the future this allison ends up trying to avert

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Alternatively, we're going to get some straight-up Odin poo poo, and she'll voluntarily sacrifice her eye for knowledge of how to break the cycle.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

GunnerJ posted:

Nope:
https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-1-7/

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

nimby posted:

Victory plumage

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

nimby posted:

victory angel wine

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

joke's on you; i actually love being body slammed by one dozen cubut spears. and my mouth isn't filled with names, it's victory words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Jagganoth actually just implied Zoss can't reset the world again, because Zoss no longer has all the Names of God. Allison does.

Maybe the intention is that Zoss doesn't need them to spin the wheel and laugh at God, but that would be surprising given Zoss' general demeanor and his whole 'strength beyond strength' monologue.

It would be a really good move to have the time loop actually have ended, and Jagganoth has been treating everyone as disposable because hey, time travel! It would be one way of making him more amenable to reason.

However... I am disappointed that Jagganoth's 'time itself' is apparently only and solely a time loop, not the basic nature of violence and transience, because it makes his position much less compelling if he's just specifically mad about time travel, and not the futility of all action within a world of limitation.