Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

explosivo posted:

I thought they were saying Hong Kong lol

same

is it actually honk honk

why is it honk honk lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

graph posted:

same

is it actually honk honk

why is it honk honk lol

the three new moves were called the School Of Fort Knox, the Big Ol Bomb and the Honk Honk, I think all of them were named by Superfan Aaron

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
what is superfan aaron

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Darkthoughts

No Ogogo. Will we ever see Ogogo again? Excalibur and Taz are drunk with fatigue, it's great.

1) SCU vs Jay Lyon and Midas Black. Kind of love Lyon and Black's gear. Ahahah, circus nonsense! I'm entirely here for this. Very short match, but silly and fun.

2) Third Eye Vs Third Eye match. A Luther de Apuestas, if you weel. Luther vs Matt Sydal. No Serpentico? Head points to start. Luther seems sleepy, wondering what hell time this was recorded at. Once we all mentally adjust to Luther's weird slow pace, this actually gets pretty good.

3) Nickels and Dimes vs Hayden Backlund and Kip Sackett. I have distinct fondness for the Dark Order's C-team tag team. They've developed a lot over the last year and they're silly in the right way. Pushing the dynamic striker and bruiser stuff is really good for them. Their opponents do a competent job in a loss but aren't that notable.

4) Colt Cabana vs Jake Manning. THE MANSCOUT HITS AEW. Silly goose match. I like that the book Jake keeps going to is just called BEAR. Manning actually has some really neat moves. That sunset flip bomb into the turnbuckles was great. Fundamentally this is a Black Label Pro match in an AEW ring, and all the better for that. Lots of hard hitting stuff, lots of silly nonsense, and a decisive win for Colt. I liked this one.

5) Amber Nova and Queen Aminata vs Red Velvet and Big Swole. Team Big Red ride again. I like Queen Aminata's energy and attitude, but she's a little stiff in the ring. Amber Nova's got some pretty good moves, Aminata is a bit clumsy but has poise and power. Neither of the new team are there yet but both of them could get there, and this is a very interesting first look at them. Swole is getting smoother in the ring too. In the past she'd get a bit lost between sequences, but she's keeping things flowing now.

And Jade out. Love that Jade attacked first (don't love that it botched a little). I like that we've moved from Jade bullying Velvet to just pure hatred between them.

6) Aaron Solow vs Fuego Del Sol. Do it for Cody, Fuego. I like the Factory music, I like the swagger that the group has. Solow works well as a heel, so this could be fun. This is some NICE bullying. Solow is skilled and cocky and wrestles like an rear end in a top hat. Fuego is just Fuego, so lots of stuff that flashy and lionhearted and ultimately doomed. That finisher was absolutely godawful, but I suppose that Solow hasn't had to do one before.

Honk honks to camera. "I win nearly half the time" was a great dumbass line. I am convinced he's saying "honk" on purpose. What I like about Ryan is that he's an idiot, and he's leaning into being an idiot.

7) Large Adult Gunns vs Some Guys. I missed the name of the jobber trio apart from Mike Magnum. I think one of them is called Andrew Palace? And one of them seems to be Judd Hirsch if he was raised by grizzly bears? In any case we get Billy being in bewilderingly good shape, and Austin and Colton being very enthusiastic.

8) KiLynn King vs Madi Wrenkowski. This could be fun. KiLynn King has so much swagger these days. This could go either way, but I will not hide my desire to see King just stomp some people. Nice and energetic back and forth to start. Fun short match, but I was surprised by how much King dominated. She looked absolutely great. Finisher still needs some polish, but this was good.

Honk vs Reynolds is sponsored by State Farm. Ryan sat on Negative 1 as a baby. This is so loving cheesy! In a good way.

9) Matt Hardy vs Ken Broadway. Ken Broadway makes it rain, Private Party just say "gently caress it" and grab the cash. Matt just horribly murders a guy for a while. Broadway's strikes look a little wobbly. He's got something, but maybe not enough of it.

10) Stu Grayson and Evil Uno vs Spencer Slade and Vary Morales. Morales is good and sells like a champ. Slade is also there.

11) Britt Baker vs Shauna Reed. A short murder, as it's intended to be.

Has this show really only been an hour so far?

12) Cage and Starks vs Carlie Bravo and Dean Alexander. Fun punishment, but some interesting miscommunication between Starks and Cage. less a match and more Starks becoming weird as gently caress.

13) Nyla Rose vs Leila Grey. Leila has a good look and has been decent in previous matches, but gets killed pretty quickly here.

14) Varsity Blonds vs Will Allday and Prince Kai. Will Allday looks like he tries to sell synthetic weed outside head shops. Nice athletic stuff from Garrison and Pillman. I still think Garrison's ceiling is considerably higher than Pillman's, but both are fun to watch. Prince Kai has some skills, does a couple of good looking moves on Pillman. Still a little awkward in the big ring though. Good job by Griff Garrison and Griff Garrison Jr.

15) Lance Archer vs Cole Karter. Jake is fun on commentary, Lance is just such a delight to watch. Stick a fork in the baby. Archer gets the pin after playing with his food.

16) Hollywood Honk vs Alex Reynolds. Honk's heel work is really working on me, I urgently want to see Reynolds ruin his day. Exciting start, two guys keen to get into it. Honk has a fun athletic simple moveset, Reynolds is canny and sneaky, so there's room for a lit of good interaction. I love Johnny on commentary selling the new moves that Alex is trying out. This could be so cheesy and fake but they sell it with real enthusiasm. Alex Reynold wins with the HONK HONK! This was awesome.

Dynamite is objectively a better show. Dark Elevation is probably a better way of accelerating the undercard. But Dark is the most fun show of the week for me. Just a bunch of silly gooses honking while wrestling happens.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

graph posted:

was there some heat between aubrey and jade ?

Well, Jade was beating up Red Velvet outside of a match, in clear defiance of the regulations. I went back and watched it back, and maybe there was a little friction. Aubrey was doing a pretty good job of holding Jade back, and not in a way that made Jade look massively cool. It seemed a plausible character choice though, so I wouldn't justify it as calling it heat.
Also, one of these Darks, Aubrey is going to get clean run over by a wrestler. She came close like, three times this week.

graph posted:

what is superfan aaron

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe he's the Statefarm employee/marketing gimmick/whatever who liased w/ the Dark Order. I hear he''s also friends w/ some guy one goon did improv with many years ago.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
This week's Dark was insanely good, I loved everything about it.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I certainly appreciated that it was a mere 16 matches and 90 minutes long, much reasonable

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

3 Queens would be a good name for Kilynn + Velvet + Swole's trios group.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Let's do this.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
been out of town for a week, just drove 6 hours home, smoked a massive bowl, wolfing down a turkey and swiss from the deli downstairs, ready for some motherfucking wrestling

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

If my Twitter feed is accurate Superfan Aaron did college improv with a guy I did improv with in my 20s, which is an embarrassing sentence to write.

it's ok friend, i did improv as little as 6 years ago. those skills are useful outside of improv and you shouldn't feel embarrassed!

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
opening with a promo?????

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Darby Allin's ships are not your ships, they're HIS ships

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

That that smile, upside dile.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

did Joey's singlet neckline get lower

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Joey doing the Buff Bagwell dance is extremely my poo poo

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Will alldays got a great look

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

Will alldays got a great look

it's Will Allday, Every Day

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Will Allday is a fuckin blaseball name

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Not had extremely cool cocommentator for a while

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Allday is pretty impressive.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
what the gently caress was that background music in the darby promo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nxuRwkVPx0

Some bees.mp3 poo poo

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Armadillos eat their own hair

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

drat Will Allday is bringin it

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Came up kinda short. BUt not fatefully short

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
geez, tope with extra suicida on that one

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ricky Starks demanding citations from The Professor

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I wish Mike Tenay were within earshot, he would have run up panting to go "IT WAS THE GREAT SASUKE WHO NAMED IT THE SENTON ATOMICO"

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Ricky Starks exactly as excited as I am about the return of Gum Club

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Will!!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
allday's pretty solid

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Nasty looking suplex

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I love when Taz sincerely critiques Starks commentary

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

What's with the tagline for this episode?
"You Never Know Who Might Show Up!"

Did someone show up?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Did someone show up?

its the first match bro chill

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I wanna see more allday

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

haha i like that little hop to cover

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

RYZIN

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Squishy posted:

I wanna see more allday

in a shocking twist, he's now off the clock

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

Did someone show up?

Darby showed up, with a promo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
ryzin!!