Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Elviscat posted:

"Dependa" is a super cringy way to refer to oneself.

Yeah, the true term is "Dependapotomus"
ed: JFC what a snype.

Pigsfeet on Rye has a new favorite as of 00:09 on Apr 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Imagine building your whole identity around being the person who redeems the food stamps of a person who signed up to protect the billionaire class' interests at gunpoint for Arby's assistant manager money.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I live very close to a marine base and this is very accurate

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Just go to any fleet concentration point like San Diego, Mayport, Norfolk or Bremerton and go swing by a country bar the first night after the flattop get underway and you can get your fill of this.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Bonus: If you go to Bremerton you might run into the original requestor.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

whypick1 posted:

Bonus: If you go to Bremerton you might run into the original requestor.

Honestly I kinda think it’s a fake post because that camo pattern hasn’t been used in a decade.
The person is real though just probably not from here.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Well the poster is asking for something "like that" the original with the zippers revealing camo has been around the web for at least a decade.

Military spouses -who base their identity on being military spouses- are a bit difficult to deal with, and absolutely the type to get a tattoo like that, last time I worked closely with a bunch of them I ended up being investigated by NCIS, and that left a bad taste in my mouth.

Anyway, one guy's wife had this:

Tattooed across her chest, from shoulder to shoulder, he ended up kicked out of the submarine force and stripped of his dolphins for being a dirt bag, lol.

E: also I'm pretty sure I know the owner of that pictured tattoo, or at least an identical one, he got bounced out for falling asleep on watch constantly because of his WoW addiction.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Elviscat posted:

...last time I worked closely with a bunch of them I ended up being investigated by NCIS...

Do go on (if it won't get you in trouble, of course).

Also, I guess this answers my question of "is the delusional military spouse thing just specific branches or is it universal?". Although I'm still guessing the Coast Guard isn't nearly as bad as the others in that regard because Coast Guard.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

I got flown home off my submarine from Europe because my dad died, there's not enough room aboard submarines to take everyone on a deployment, so we leave some of the less useful guys in port as "augments" let them go to schools and stuff, well as soon as I was done with family stuff I was put in charge of these guys since I was the senior ranking dude.

At this time the ship's schedule was up in the air, no one knew when, or where, they'd pull in next, and I was in charge of liasing with the wife crew, so we could bring letters and packages and physical stuff from home, everything from tobacco to baked goods, to their kid's most recent art projects or A++ school assignments or whatever.

So the wives (the central clique, I'd say about 50% of them that have nothing to do but gossip, the other 50% are just normal people) are furiously circulating rumors about when the boat's pulling in, they manage to not only guess correctly, but to post the date and location on Facebook. This was also tied in to them bullying one of my sailor's wives, a poor timid sweet lady with a bunch of health conditions, basically trying to get her to post their "guesses" to get her in trouble, all ringlead by the "senior" wife, who's also the Ombudsman, or the official liaison and official POC between the families and the Navy.

Cue us all being sat down for interviews with men in suits, asking us which one leaked classified information, threatening us with court martial and jail time etc. etc.

In the end we were able to prove that none of us knew the boat's schedule, so we couldn't have leaked it and they dropped the investigation.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Elviscat posted:

E: also I'm pretty sure I know the owner of that pictured tattoo, or at least an identical one, he got bounced out for falling asleep on watch constantly because of his WoW addiction.

Pride runs deep
Raid loot runs deeper

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Holy moly is this classist, misogynist, and body shaming all at once.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Screaming Idiot posted:

Holy moly is this classist, misogynist, and body shaming all at once.

Yeah, to be clear that's why it makes me cringe, I've always hated that term for those reasons, fortunately it seems to be falling out of common usage.

Also the implication that it's a commodified relationship based on healthcare says a lot about the state of the US.

Sorry for making GBS threads the tattoo thread up with this stuff. Here's a tattoo I saw featured in an actual print tattoo magazine years ago.

:nws:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Does that unicorn have dick-sucking lips?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

With semen drizzling from them, yes.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Christ, I didn't even notice the semen. A lot going on there!

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...
PYF Tasteless Tattoos: I didn’t even notice the semen.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

I really hoped this was fake, but apparently she missed Greggs' sausage rolls so much during lockdown she got herself a tattoo.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Brenda Brenda Brenda Brenda Brenda

Brenda

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Braincloud posted:

PYF Tasteless Tattoos: I didn’t even notice the semen.

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.

Cartoon Man posted:

Brenda Brenda Brenda Brenda Brenda

I vaguely recall the story behind this was he cheated on Brenda and she made him do this as a punishment/penance.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Starting to see why he cheated.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Thirteen Orphans posted:

I vaguely recall the story behind this was he cheated on Brenda and she made him do this as a punishment/penance.

If it's the one I'm thinking of she then dumped him anyway.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

The_Blue_Hearts_-_Brenda_Brenda.mp3

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Pastry of the Year posted:

The_Blue_Hearts_-_Brenda_Brenda.mp3

Or Brenda, Brenda by The Kingsmen

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

Braincloud posted:

PYF Tasteless Tattoos: Missed the sausage rolls so much, I didn’t even notice the semen.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Didn't know Aatrek got inked.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Crosspost from the Musk thread. Imagine having the resources to get any tattoo from any person in the world and you choose this.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Seems like an awfully elaborate story to cover up the fact that you have worms living just under your skin.

Also, I see you thread title change.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

whypick1 posted:

Seems like an awfully elaborate story to cover up the fact that you have worms living just under your skin.

Also, I see you thread title change.

My quote had a good run.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

sleppy posted:

Crosspost from the Musk thread. Imagine having the resources to get any tattoo from any person in the world and you choose this.

Look I'm sure this is very meaningful to her and she probably paid a god awful amount of money for it but it doesn't change the fact that it looks like she handed her child the tattoo gun and said, "have at it, my indigo child, i'm sure what ever you come up with will be amazing"

edit: you know these people are indigo child parents

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

sleppy posted:

That artist is not someone who can tattoo white ink that will hold, I'd bet a large sun of money on that, lmfao

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

sleppy posted:

It’s an actual fact that being rich as gently caress guarantees you the shittiest tattoos because you’re not willing to wait for anything, since you’re used to just buying your way through every other impulse you have.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

This one genuinely took several passes for me to see what it was supposed to be.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

sleppy posted:

https://twitter.com/Big_Boy_Online/status/1381778502211473415

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010
I can 100% guarantee this won’t be parked outside my door any time soon!

I guess the bus started moving...

Poor Stan Lee! I have no idea who/what E and L are.

Why are these fairy tattoos always so bad?

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010
Sorry for the double post but forgot to include this one from yesterday which isn’t on their page...

(It’s Disney character silhouettes)

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

ricketyvickyt posted:

Poor Stan Lee! I have no idea who/what E and L are.

E is clearly Palette Swap Buzz Lightyear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
M - Stan Lee
A - Venom
R - Spidey
V - Dr Doom
E - Angry Puppet
L - Oscar Statuette