Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I can't get in, it always brings up a terms agreement I have already agreed to and then says Fehler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

engessa
Jan 19, 2007

Hopper posted:

I can't get in, it always brings up a terms agreement I have already agreed to and then says Fehler

Yeah, same. It's annoying to say the least.

Edit: it's sold out.

engessa fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Apr 14, 2021

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
The site started working for me (in the UK) after a few reloads, in a private window, but there doesn't seem to be any link to actually redeem/buy/get the silly probe thing.

If it's sold out already, ideally it would say "sold out" somewhere to make it explicit. Not sure if the "buy now" page is still missing or if it's already gone

e: ^^^ lol

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
So what's your guess on ebay right now. I say 50€.

Answer: 3 listings on ebay.de right now for 71€ to 640€ lol

Hopper fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Apr 14, 2021

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Sold out. Dang people really want this, huh?

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Hopper posted:

So what's your guess on ebay right now. I say 50€.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
US VIP is "under maintenance."

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
Canadian too

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Typical lego website performance.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Their IT department is pretty bad at their job if after 5+ years they still haven't come up with a way to prevent the site melting down every time there's a new product launch.

I'd get fired for it. Lego is all "this is fine."

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Now they forgot my name and I'm "(That's you)."

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Here's a direct link to the Odyssey probe if you want to try it:
https://www.lego.com/en-us/vip/rewa...-VIP-GZCNBTGMNP
Edit: I think I got one!
Edit 2: I got a code, so it looks like I have to buy something still to use it, but that's fine.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Apr 14, 2021

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

xzzy posted:

Their IT department is pretty bad at their job if after 5+ years they still haven't come up with a way to prevent the site melting down every time there's a new product launch.

I'd get fired for it. Lego is all "this is fine."

I'm sure they have ways, it just isn't a daily occurrence so management doesn't want to approve the budget.

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
Would be « funny » if it was sold out as soon as it works again

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

GO GO GO

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
Worked for a hot minute and is now down

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Looks like I managed to snag one, although my actual order crashed on the confirmation page. Did get a paypal email saying it went through and the order shows processing on my account, despite no confirmation email from Lego. Here's hoping.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

AFewBricksShy posted:

Here's a direct link to the Odyssey probe if you want to try it:
https://www.lego.com/en-us/vip/rewa...-VIP-GZCNBTGMNP
Edit: I think I got one!
Edit 2: I got a code, so it looks like I have to buy something still to use it, but that's fine.

You are a god tier human. Worked for me!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

I got a code but trying to actually buy anything and it times out, hope the code actually reserves it so I can buy it later today.

e: checked my order history and it showed up after a bit so I guess it went thru after all

duz fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Apr 14, 2021

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Sold out. I thought I saw where if you got a code you've got one.

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
Yep sold out as I was redeeming it

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I was able to get a code. Got a Vader keychain because "Extra Dots" for $3.99 seemed dumb over getting something that I could actually "use."

Something tells me even though Lego "owes" me a Ulysses that they'll take their sweet time in getting it to me.

Wow, the stock image for the probe is terrible and clearly an enlarged and un-enhanced version of the original press image: https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/ulysses-satellite-5006744

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Apr 14, 2021

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
I really hate this online exclusive experience that is happening more and more. Not just Lego, bit in general. I once had something in my shopping cart that soldout as I was paying. That is hosed up.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

ROJO posted:

Looks like I managed to snag one, although my actual order crashed on the confirmation page. Did get a paypal email saying it went through and the order shows processing on my account, despite no confirmation email from Lego. Here's hoping.

Same here.
I ended up purchasing the Creator 3 in 1 shuttle transporter, because that will give me a 4th space shuttle for my collection now.

(the little one from the ISS, the one from 10 years ago with the boosters, and the new one are the other 3)
Edit: No confirmation email yet, but the order shows up in my order page now.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Apr 14, 2021

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

:sigh: dammit. I spent the 9 o'clock hour instead working with Google on a hardware failure of my phone.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Wow, there sure are a handful of people on eBay who think Lego's going to get them their stuff quickly.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Wow, there sure are a handful of people on eBay who think Lego's going to get them their stuff quickly.
For some reason that almost annoys me more then the scalping itself, like, pretending you already have the thing that will probably take a week or two to arrive?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
So they only made like 10 of them or something? What's the point of making that if regular people can't even get it?

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Oxyclean posted:

For some reason that almost annoys me more then the scalping itself, like, pretending you already have the thing that will probably take a week or two to arrive?

set a long auction time with no instant buy option and tack on an extra week at the end to drag your feet on shipping it and you'd probably be okay.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Spookydonut posted:

set a long auction time with no instant buy option and tack on an extra week at the end to drag your feet on shipping it and you'd probably be okay.

Oh no doubt, it's just a certain like, shamelessness of it?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Cojawfee posted:

So they only made like 10 of them or something? What's the point of making that if regular people can't even get it?

To continue to inflate the adult collector's market. Kids don't have 1000's of dollars a year to spend on toys. Sweaty adults do.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Something something jorts.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Literally A Person posted:

To continue to inflate the adult collector's market. Kids don't have 1000's of dollars a year to spend on toys. Sweaty adults do.

I'm not really understanding how that benefits lego. They aren't making anything from a secondary market. This sweaty adult might have impulse bought the discovery shuttle had the probe still been in stock. (Although, a certain degree of FOMO factored into the impulse buy thought.)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Yeah I planned to buy the shuttle if I was able to get that probe. Now I'll just wait.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I wonder how long it'll be before that "BigPlanes" guy on YouTube makes a same-scale 747 carrier to go with the new Orbiter?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Ha ha, what a garbage promo. Here's a code, now go buy something else if you want to use it. Glad I didn't want it, I would have been pretty annoyed.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
I didn’t know what the story was with this but it seems like VIP reward sets overall must be pretty sought after by points people? All of the other rewards look terrible. I have some points that I can redeem and I might have done it for this had I paid any attention (though it appears even if I was stalking it I might not have had a chance)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Yeah, luckily the only thing anyone is missing out on is the sticker. The actual set looks pretty bare bones and basic that anyone could make it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

I didn’t know what the story was with this but it seems like VIP reward sets overall must be pretty sought after by points people? All of the other rewards look terrible. I have some points that I can redeem and I might have done it for this had I paid any attention (though it appears even if I was stalking it I might not have had a chance)

This was, afaik, the first VIP set you could buy with points that would normally be a GWP. I vaguely remember another set that had been previously available. Usually the VIP stuff are things like stickers and notepads. Garbage, basically.

This is just another case of LEGO loving up and upsetting the customer base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
It does seem to be very badly handled overall. Making stuff for collectors is cool. Making stuff for the collectors market is not.