Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Why have Mercedes Martinez cut a promo about wanting a title shot only to have Taya debut and basically become the next challenger too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
So it's pronounced 'sir-ray'? but spelled Sarray. Why not just spell it like it's sound?

And Strong just retired?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Digital Jedi posted:

So it's pronounced 'sir-ray'? but spelled Sarray. Why not just spell it like it's sound?

And Strong just retired?

Would almost bet money on Strong being called up. Io will probably be called up as well if Raquel's promo is any indication.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
drat Leon Ruff rules

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Might be an unpopular opinion but I like the new presentation for NXT from a visual perspective for the most part.

I can live without the chain fence thunderdome screens though.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

A friendly reminder that Kushida left New Japan because he didn't want to be stuck in the Junior Heavyweight division

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That was a fun and silly main event

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I support putting more house show wrestling on TV

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

DarkstarIV posted:

Might be an unpopular opinion but I like the new presentation for NXT from a visual perspective for the most part.

I think it looks good as well. Also that main event felt like an AEW match with how silly and fun it was and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Yea main event was a fun silly match. It was enjoyable.

Beside the Kross and Frankie parts show was pretty good.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Digital Jedi posted:

Yea main event was a fun silly match. It was enjoyable.

Beside the Kross and Frankie parts show was pretty good.

I enjoyed Frankie's debut, my biggest complaint though is that it was immediately overshadowed for a moment that really didn't need to happen on TV tbh.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

DarkstarIV posted:

i think it's good, outside the chain thunderdome thing. that said, i actually prefer the chain link over the faces because it breaks up the visuals a bit and makes it a little darker and easier on the eyes.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
The Indi/Lumis thing made me laugh out loud.

I still don't like Reed winning a gauntlet then losing a title match then winning a tag match all in rapid succession. Like the very definition of 50/50 main roster bollocks.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

i wont be shocked if the cruiserweight belt hotshot is because vince also wants king cuerno called up

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I am really into Swerve and Leon Ruff is great so I am glad this continues.

KUSHIDA and Escobar match was good. As much as people hate rematches I hope it isn’t over since it looked like those two were going to have a good feud like 9 months ago and then KUSHIDA got hurt.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Thatcher and Ciampa are so great together.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
NXT 40k

https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/1382188047551369216

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

IN THE GRIM DARKNESS OF WWE DEVELOPMENTAL THERE IS ONLY CATERING

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Triple H: I like it but I feel like there should be more skulls

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Who let HHH design set?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he actually runs the nxt brand i believe

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lamuella posted:

IN THE GRIM DARKNESS OF WWE DEVELOPMENTAL THERE IS ONLY CATERING

lmao

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Seams posted:

NXT 40k

Blimey, that's a shitter of a rating. AEW Dark got 115k!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DarkstarIV posted:

I think it looks great tbh, the massive screens on all sides allows for really cool stuff. It's so much better than how it looked last year.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Procrastinator posted:

i wont be shocked if the cruiserweight belt hotshot is because vince also wants king cuerno called up

I could see him getting a call-up and mini push to spite Andrade.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I didn't watch NXT last night, but after seeing a gif of Candice's unsuccessful leap off the top rope at Bronson, I watched that match. That was AMAZING; this Indi/Lumis story is my favorite in wrestling right now. Also, I feel like this was by far the best showcase for Candice since she joined NXT; she was amazing in this match. So much personality!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I've seen some people mention that the new look of NXT was an upgrade from what it was previously. For someone who really only sees NXT through GIFs and clips posted here, what did they change? Is it not just some form of the Thunderdome they use for Raw and Smackdown? Looking at a couple of GIFs on Twitter, it doesn't look like anything wildly different than the other shows?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Ganso Bomb posted:

I've seen some people mention that the new look of NXT was an upgrade from what it was previously. For someone who really only sees NXT through GIFs and clips posted here, what did they change? Is it not just some form of the Thunderdome they use for Raw and Smackdown? Looking at a couple of GIFs on Twitter, it doesn't look like anything wildly different than the other shows?

New set of graphics, new music, utilizes the video wall to display stuff about the wrestlers coming to the ring, and very limited numbers of live fans as well.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I think the way they do the video wall looks so much better than Raw/SD with the tiered fan screens. That is absolutely awful.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1382423846783840262

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Respectable enough bump.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Better than usual, but still down from the last times they ran unopposed.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Moving to Tuesdays is gonna cause NXT's ratings to settle in at like 1.1 million because anyone who tries to laugh at Vince McMahon's Crumbling Empire is destined to turn into the earth's most owned person

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

theres also adjustment to consider, most shows lose viewers for a good while when changing time slots.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers stay like that for a while, they have so much work to do on the key demo.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

DarkstarIV posted:

New set of graphics, new music, utilizes the video wall to display stuff about the wrestlers coming to the ring, and very limited numbers of live fans as well.

the presentation for the matchups during stand and deliver was excellent too, although i can't find a picture of it. the way they did it for cole/oreilly was really effective as well, where they changed out the ropes and had the really stark lighting

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Digital Jedi posted:

Kross is talking and I'm already bored of him

yeah he sucks and that promo sucks

kitten emergency posted:

wait so after two years they fuckin shoot the belt onto kushida during an open challenge? what?

yeah... idgi.

Digital Jedi posted:

Guess it's just a 'woo we are champs go us thing'

i thought it was cute

Codependent Poster posted:

That was a fun and silly main event

i thought it was loving fantastic, easily the most fun match in nxt in a long time

tweet my meat posted:

Thatcher and Ciampa are so great together.

agreed and great promo

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

graph posted:

i thought it was cute

Oh it was and fine. Just confused by why Rhea appeared at first and once Bianca showed it was clear why.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

So like who do they even have for Kross ?
Seems like KOR/Cole /UE is its own thing.
Gargano’s back down the the midcard belt.
Ciampa????
Finn again?????
Who’s the big nxt babyface?
Classic WWE poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

He needs... the finest opponent.