Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I hate this iss fight gently caress this stupid game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

fridge corn posted:

:ohdear: noooo fridge

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

InsertPotPun posted:

but you have to pay for the game. the skins are just cosmetic so that you can't buy an advantage. *shrug* it's a multiplayer game that's free, they have to make money somehow.
i don't get the fornite hate. it's like a fun little open world game with randomized enemies you play 20 minute rounds in. it's very pretty, there's "fall" section of the map now and at sunset or sunrise it's beautiful, it plays very well. it just doesn't seem to be a thing worth complaining about. i pop in, fish, drive around, shoot some people, it's a video game

You pay for Bloodborne that has actual content and even multiplayer PvP and co-op!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

you also pay for the PS+ :(

not on 4thNight :getin:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

JollyBoyJohn posted:

:ohdear: noooo fridge

Nvm done it. Video incomming

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Guillermus posted:

You pay for Bloodborne that has actual content and even multiplayer PvP and co-op!
"actual content"? like...fortnite is an actual game you know that right? do you think i'm comparing an entire game to the concept of skins?

Instant Grat posted:

Doesn't matter! Not a justification for anything. Never has been, never will be.
jesus christ. "doesn't matter" as far as what? that's the reason the skins are just cosmetic: so no one has an advantage. having "special powers" associated with a skin would give the person buying it an advantage. the skins are sold because the game itself is free and they have to make money right?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

sony will remaster BB but with MTX :yeshaha:

You're out of quicksilver bullets! Pay $4.99 to refill.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

fridge corn posted:

Nice!!!!!

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

fridge corn posted:

Lol, good job

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

fridge corn posted:

fridge corn posted:

never fails

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

fridge corn posted:

hell yeah

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

gg fridge.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

this thread is really big & old. Does someone want to spearhead a new one, and I can close this one? Or does it serve better as a big thread & repository for info?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

this thread is really big & old. Does someone want to spearhead a new one, and I can close this one? Or does it serve better as a big thread & repository for info?

There is a new thread it's called the ps5 thread

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Wow this thread really is old lol

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I had a Switch pre-order but cancelled it after seeing it's just more Nintendo being Nintendo.

Lol

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Anyway, I did it!! I was getting really frustrated again and dying to our boy G so many times and I was just about to give up for the day (or perhaps longer!! as was my state of mind), as my earlier post might have suggested, but I looked at the time and decided to give it one more go.

I think I made it through by the skin of my teeth. I havent gone back to watch the footage yet cuz I'm still riding the adrenaline high. loving hell what a game. Here you go: fridge corn vs some old dude idk. Also i left in the phase 0 bit cuz I'm pretty sure it was the first time I went flawless against the G man. Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27pjs17sODc

Sekiro owns owns owns

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

fridge corn posted:

There is a new thread it's called the ps5 thread

what if I don’t have internet for always online connectivity

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

what if I don’t have internet for always online connectivity

I'd change your cmos battery now if that's the case

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I'm eagerly waiting for the CMOS apocalypse so I can sell my hacked ps3 for $$$.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Wiring a solar panel into the CMOS battery slot for eternal gaming

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

do audiophiles still go after the PS1

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Free the Professor

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

fridge corn posted:

Anyway, I did it!! I was getting really frustrated again and dying to our boy G so many times and I was just about to give up for the day (or perhaps longer!! as was my state of mind), as my earlier post might have suggested, but I looked at the time and decided to give it one more go.

I think I made it through by the skin of my teeth. I havent gone back to watch the footage yet cuz I'm still riding the adrenaline high. loving hell what a game. Here you go: fridge corn vs some old dude idk. Also i left in the phase 0 bit cuz I'm pretty sure it was the first time I went flawless against the G man. Enjoy

Sekiro owns owns owns

Awesome battle, thats almost to a T how my first time beating him went. Divine Grass, Bundled Statue lol.

I loved that dodge after the statue, barely made it.

He was fuckin you up with the jump back slash

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I legit think the idea of making a new megathread is pointless.

I am kinda sad it is difficult-to-impossible for me to find posts I made about the PS4 around its launch.

At least my first Bloodborne experience is catalogued here but not if someone locks it

Edit: oh wait no my first Bloodborne playthrough is in a locked thread, it's my second playthrough that's here

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Awesome job Fridge Corn! I knew you were taking it slow, I’m sure in some ways that helped and in others made it frustrating and irritating after the nth fail. loving rock dude.

Also, thread friends, Subnautica did NOT disappoint. I’m basically at the end. What an amazing blend of really well written sci fi story told through uncovering long lost stuff and environmental exploration mixed with just a perfectly done setting. I felt, like really felt, underwater all the drat time. And going way deep gets way loving hairy. I also think it has just the right amount of crafting. Never absurd, hardly a laundry list of stuff to build at all. Also the most minimal resource collection requirements ever. Like, I did the bare minimum of collecting each thing and am still covered up in supplies. It’s nuts how fast you can farm an entire locker full of titanium if you want to. They did it right where too many others do it so drat wrong. The concise upgrade paths meant I was basically an underwater Olympian after two hours of play time, and at this point I’m the like God of saturation diving. And speaking of diving, I honestly could not believe my loving mind with how deep and how far you actually go, either. The journey there felt harrowing and took a long time. The journey back was (I wasn’t even sure I was going to make it all the way back in one piece) such a great mix of apprehension and excitement to finally be leaving the darkness. Seeing the surface again, after being... down there.. for such a very long time, that felt completely awesome.

I haven’t totally finished it yet. I cured the virus and just built the ship. I need to go turn off the security and I guess leave? Man, the leviathan end was really touching, totally unexpected that that’s what was doing all the talking. And those kid leviathans cumming in the water to heal the planet was beautiful!.

I sat on this game so drat long and now I kind of hate myself for it. It’s such a perfect production I am really amazed at what that little studio put together there. There’s been massive game productions this past year that simply pale in comparison to how good this is in terms of quality, story, thoughtfulness of design, and world building. Thank you for recommending it and help with getting started!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Two threads makes sense while 90% of the PS5 thread is about trying to find one and copypasting from the UPS tracker, but in the long run I'd vote for a unified sony thread

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

at this point the PS5 thread is just complaining about the PS5

I packed up and brought my PS5 over here, so I can hang out with you guys a bit

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

at this point the PS5 thread is just complaining about the PS5

I packed up and brought my PS5 over here, so I can hang out with you guys a bit

Does the PS5 have a better way to transfer share-button screenshots than "send them as a message attachment to a burner account and download them from your message history in the PS app", and/or a better way to transfer videos than "put a USB stick in and put them on there"

I've been curious for a while 'cause that would be my number one thing to improve as far as general user experience goes

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The PS4 thread is for talking about video games and video game related topics and the PS5 thread is for discussing how the the PS5 either has no games or it has the best games because it is just a better PS4

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I still maintain there should be a unified PlayStation thread and a separate thread only for organizing posting about ps5 drops and bitching about not getting on/hoorays when they do. But that latter thread should be encouraged to only really post about drops and movement, so when people see there’s some new posts those might more accurately reflect some actual news about an upcoming drop of units for sale. The thread could actually be helpful in that manner. Hell maybe people would even have more luck. As it is now, we are all basically having the same conversations but in two different rooms, with a smattering of people hoping to get a ps5 trying to cut through all of our chaff in one of the rooms. I seriously can’t even remember which thread I posted about what conversation half the time anymore because they’re too similar.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Instant Grat posted:

Does the PS5 have a better way to transfer share-button screenshots than "send them as a message attachment to a burner account and download them from your message history in the PS app", and/or a better way to transfer videos than "put a USB stick in and put them on there"

I've been curious for a while 'cause that would be my number one thing to improve as far as general user experience goes

No and there was a discussion in the PS5 thread about exactly that

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Instant Grat posted:

No, but it's better to use a burner twitter account for this because you can access that from any web browser. It also lets you transfer (short) videos that way

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I use the ps4 thread to talk about ps4 games and the ps5 thread to talk about ps5 games

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

let it be known that I am 100% OK with Sony allocating any and all resources towards engineering sharing video game/clips on the PS5.... towards...literally anything else

the fact that the DS4 came with a loving dedicated share button that I accidentally press, just like the Switch, is ridiculous imo

thanks and god bless

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Bust Rodd posted:

The PS4 thread is for talking about video games and video game related topics and the PS5 thread is for discussing how the the PS5 either has no games or it has the best games because it is just a better PS4

The virgin ps5 thread vs the Chad ps4 thread :hmmyes:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
BRB, creating PS6 thread.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
We need two PlayStation threads so this one can continue to also be about films and people documenting their first experience with From games

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Escobarbarian posted:

We need two PlayStation threads so this one can continue to also be about films and people documenting their first experience with From games

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

fridge corn posted:

fridge corn posted:

complaint post was strat all along, literally post resurrection before our very eyes :eyepop:

fridge corn posted:

Sekiro owns owns owns

I love this, an all out brawl where you use every tool at your disposal. This is how it was for me, too, even down to divine grass and jizo statue, I had a hard time getting used to the delays on his animations. It's pretty great how spot on you are right out the gate with the lightning reversals, and I love that he pressured the gently caress out of you and your back was literally to a cliff before you won through sheer grit. Well played, shinobi.

Before you put the game down entirely you owe it to yourself to fight old man Isshin to get the bad ending, it's an incredible fight.