Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is there a specific reason why they are dead arming people when they do the jabs cos I've had a couple of people comment that they were basically punched in the arm when they got it, happened to me too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

Is there a specific reason why they are dead arming people when they do the jabs cos I've had a couple of people comment that they were basically punched in the arm when they got it, happened to me too.

You probably tipped less than 15%

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm wondering if the volunteer jabbers were told to do it that way or something.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Lots of yellow cars about at the moment, that might be why.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
Second jab done today, I assume I'm now basically immortal.

vv I LOVE that :D

Isomermaid fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Apr 14, 2021

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Isomermaid posted:

Second jab done today, I assume I'm now basically immortal.

You need to get 5 vaccines for that

https://twitter.com/tawareniel/status/1381713534434869248?s=20

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Hello UK thread. I am asking here because I assume that many of you are also extremely Caucasian and therefore might have similar palettes. (Monster Munch faves notwithstanding.)

I just finished a jar of Frank's Red Hot sauce and it was pretty ok. I did try Huy Fong Sriracha but didn't like it all that much.

Recommend me a good hot sauce?

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I like cholula as my standard ‘keep around to stick in easy food’ hot sauce. Not too spicy but a decent kick if you use a fair bit. Also has a nice wooden cap on the bottle which I enjoy.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Jakabite posted:

I like cholula as my standard ‘keep around to stick in easy food’ hot sauce. Not too spicy but a decent kick if you use a fair bit. Also has a nice wooden cap on the bottle which I enjoy.

Seconded, along with Sriracha for actual cooking/avocado on toast.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I like Flying Goose Sriracha Green Chilli Sauce. They do sweet chilli and some Vegan mayo too, but I have not yet tried it.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Miftan posted:

Seconded, along with Sriracha for actual cooking/avocado on toast.

Yep, sriracha goes amazingly with avo and eggs. Mix with mayo for a milder chip dipping sauce

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jakabite posted:

Yep, sriracha goes amazingly with avo and eggs. Mix with mayo for a milder chip dipping sauce

Just lol if you're not using enough that you buy both the sriracha and the sriracha mayo.

N'thing cholula though, it's good for mexican eating. Other than that just visit your local hipster eatery and see what they got going on, or just dice scotch bonnets into any sauce you're making

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Cholula or Crystal is my go-to most-applications hot sauce.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Jakabite posted:

Are you my partner???

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

I was driven past this place on the way back from the clinic. I can only assume it's the UKMTHQ.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Miftan posted:

Are you my partner???

He is now.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

On a similar note, Robert Webb got confronted on his TERF poo poo and he just shut down.

https://twitter.com/JesseThorn/status/1381974104593473542?s=19

42 min in.

Mitchell and Webb refused to send their audio for the podcast and asked to do the podcast again with the trans stuff cut out. Cowardly wee rats.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

feedmegin posted:

He is now.

Jakabite please remember to get Coconut Milk for tonight's dinner, ty.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Red Oktober posted:

I was driven past this place on the way back from the clinic. I can only assume it's the UKMTHQ.

This picture could be from any of the last five decades

I kinda like that

EDIT ok yes it's a new phone number and a fiver would be a steep price for breakfast in 1976 but otherwise

EDIT EDIT and yes it's obviously a digital photo, sod off

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Red Oktober posted:

Yeah it is but you have to order "the special" and opt for the correct flavour of Munch to be allowed into the back room.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

This stuff is good
https://www.justchillies.co.uk/product/golden-bonnet/

Also Dalston Chillies Original sauce
https://dalstonchillies.com/our-sauces

knox_harrington fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Apr 14, 2021

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Thanks for all the recs! Will definitely have to check out Cholula.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

sebzilla posted:

Yeah it is but you have to order "the special" and opt for the correct flavour of Munch to be allowed into the back room.

Just tell them Boris sent you.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Gonzo McFee posted:

On a similar note, Robert Webb got confronted on his TERF poo poo and he just shut down.

42 min in.

Mitchell and Webb refused to send their audio for the podcast and asked to do the podcast again with the trans stuff cut out. Cowardly wee rats.

lmbo what a massive loving baby.

why do we have celebrities anyway why can't we just throw them all in a big landfill

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Gonzo McFee posted:

42 min in.

The absolute cowardice of that man, faced with *incredibly* restrained questioning. Bravo to the host for not bowing to his clunky attempts to bat away the conversation.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Miftan posted:

Jakabite please remember to get Coconut Milk for tonight's dinner, ty.

I’ll be sure to also pick up your favourite, roast beef monster munch

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Tom's sauces are good sauces.

https://curioussauces.co.uk/

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Jakabite posted:

excuse me that's the iconic wooden cap thank you very much

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

Is David Mitchell ok at least

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Given they work together a lot I doubt there is any particularly strong difference between them.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Umbra Dubium posted:

Hello UK thread. I am asking here because I assume that many of you are also extremely Caucasian and therefore might have similar palettes. (Monster Munch faves notwithstanding.)

I just finished a jar of Frank's Red Hot sauce and it was pretty ok. I did try Huy Fong Sriracha but didn't like it all that much.

Recommend me a good hot sauce?

Not exactly a hot sauce but get some Lao Gan Ma spicy chili crisp.

https://www.amazon.ca/Lao-Gan-Chili-Crisp-Sauce/dp/B0051D84JU (That's the Canadian link but it's available everywhere, particularly at Chinese/East Asian supermarkets).

It's crispy chilis in oil with a mild amount of chinese spices and some MSG and it goes well on anything. Same goes for Bullhead shallot sauce:

https://www.amazon.com/26oz-Bullhead-Shallot-Sauce-Pack/dp/B00AHPHGLO

This stuff is *amazing*. It's kind of similar to the Lao Gan Ma stuff but it's fried shallots in oil with mild chinese spices, and it's again just spectacularly good on everything savoury.

thrashingteeth
Dec 22, 2019

depressive hedonia
always tired
taco tuesday
I get the sense that Robert would have gone on a classical liberal "free speech" tirade against trans kids if the interviewer didn't say he had experience getting help from a Mermaid like group lol.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Gonzo McFee posted:

42 min in.

Turns out they were the baddies.

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

Reveilled posted:

I think its interesting that he's fallen so far. I've tried typing up my own thoughts on why, but then deleted them because I've realised I don't trust my own memory to be honest about what I thought in the past. I know that certainly in the past I liked Salmond. My temptation here is to say that he was always a smarmy git, but that most of his smarmy gittishness was directed at journalists and politicians who were trying to pretend they weren't smarmy gits themselves, which made him more likeable in that sort of "he's an rear end in a top hat, but he's our rear end in a top hat" kind of way. But I'm not sure past me would have agreed that he was a smarmy git, maybe that's something I'm making up in the present to tell myself I wasn't wrong before.

If that is true, though, I think at least it partially explains why he's so unfavourable now. SNP voters and members essentially had to pick a side between him and Sturgeon, and Sturgeon has built her public image on being trustworthy and competent, so people were more inclined to believe her version of events over a guy who isn't even technically our rear end in a top hat any more.

He had 'it' whatever 'it' is - a presence and way of bringing people with him. I used to think he was a complete bellend but then he would be passing you in a corridor and give you a nod and a smile and you couldn't help give it back. He was the entertainment in any room he was in.

People with those presentatiom skills, which is mainly what they are, can be very deceptive if they're inclined.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

People keep saying that about johnson too but I have never in my life met anybody who has had that kind of effect on me.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Help Im Alive posted:

Is David Mitchell ok at least

Nah he's a loving melt prick and so's his wife.

E: I can't specifically remember what it was he's said and I cba to find it but I'm pretty sure it was just the usual sneering liberal successful-comic toss.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
He doesn't actually talk much about anything "controversial" from what I remember.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

OwlFancier posted:

People keep saying that about johnson too but I have never in my life met anybody who has had that kind of effect on me.
I've met a couple of people in my life who had that natural charisma and could instantly charm a whole room - and quite a few more who thought they had it, but were just loud, egotistical assholes.

Regarding Webb, right from the start I felt there was something nasty about him, and I guess I was right. He just gave out a mean-spirited and unpleasant vibe which Mitchell didn't. Not that I imagine Mitchell is going to turn out to be super-progressive or anything, but he doesn't seem like he'd be actively malicious. (I fully expect someone to prove me wrong within five minutes.)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Maybe it depends how naturally open you are to other people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Mitchell at least did "Diane Abbott is thick" jokes on HIGNFY.

https://twitter.com/m_e_uslu/status/1212819808733011970?s=20