Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Vulture shits on that whiny fail son from a great height

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Apr 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

tsob posted:

I never said that the Netflix characters were part of the MCU: I said it'd be a way to introduce them, but Feige probably wants them introduced in regular continuity first via the normal films or shows (since the rumor is he wants to bring in Charlie Cox, Krysten Ritter and Mike Colter as the characters, but not their shows). At which point, whether the audience knows them or not is immaterial, since they'd be introduced as a regular part of the MCU. Of course, if he isn't interested in bringing them into the MCU and the rumor of Charlie Cox appearing as Daredevil in Spiderman: No Way Home is just that, then never mind.

My apologies for the misinterpretation. That's fair. I could maybe see Cox getting brought in because the rumors but I'll be kind of shocked if other do. The Cox rumor being true for Spider-Man would be awesome.

unrelated but this reminded me

Its Rinaldo posted:

Vulture shits on that whiny fails son from a great hight

Is Vulture's tech better than Falcon's? I never put much thought into it until rewatching Civil War recently. Spider-Man takes down Falcon fairly easy compared to Vulture in Homecoming.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’d imagine since Vulture tech is based off alien chitauri tech.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Spacebump posted:

My apologies for the misinterpretation. That's fair. I could maybe see Cox getting brought in because the rumors but I'll be kind of shocked if other do. The Cox rumor being true for Spider-Man would be awesome.

unrelated but this reminded me

Is Vulture's tech better than Falcon's? I never put much thought into it until rewatching Civil War recently. Spider-Man takes down Falcon fairly easy compared to Vulture in Homecoming.

Seems like Falcon's built for agility while Vulture's built for power.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

tsob posted:

Honestly, I'd say someone tied to the Negative Zone like Annihilus or Blastaar, or even a cosmic villain like the Super Skrull makes a better origin villain anyway since it ties them to adventures in distant places by necessity. You could still have Victor von Doom as someone in the movie, just not a focus. A character whose ire rises throughout the story or something.

The origin needs to be tied to the Negative Zone. Have Reed discover a way to open a portal. Ben is the pilot in a shielded ship. The portal opens wider than expected taking Reed and two visitors (Sue and Johnny) and Ben has to leave his ship to rescue them.

All of this happens as they drift close to the anti-matter earth and the violent cosmic radiation put off by that gives them their powers.

Annihilus or somebody discovers them ans the story is off. They try to stop Annihilus and get home.

Post credit scene is an iron fist banging down on a table and a voice saying "Richards.....!"

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

live with fruit posted:

Seems like Falcon's built for agility while Vulture's built for power.

Yup, Falcon’s suit is for just himself and a single rescued person, it’s designed for maximum maneuverability and stealth. Vulture’s suit is designed to basically be a flying heavy cargo crane, capable of lifting even cars up with the way it’s built potentially.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Lord_Magmar posted:

Yup, Falcon’s suit is for just himself and a single rescued person, it’s designed for maximum maneuverability and stealth. Vulture’s suit is designed to basically be a flying heavy cargo crane, capable of lifting even cars up with the way it’s built potentially.

When they were chasing Walker last week, Sam went through a skylight and down a hall and I don't think Vulture could possibly do that. And at the same time, I don't think Sam can bring down a massive airplane by himself.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
It's getting into power levels discussion really isn't it? Vulture could do what he could do in that movie because he was the sole villain and needed to be a big threat but still reasonable for Spider-man to fight, Falcon is generally part of an ensemble and they want him to be the underdog quite often so he gets to be a bit less overwhelming but still holds his own well enough. I imagine when/if we get him in the suit with the shield in this series he'll suddenly start absolutely wrecking poo poo.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Just give him his Uzis back.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Vulture built his own suit using alien scraps he welded together in a garage under a bridge, Sam’s wing suit & Redwing are elite Air Force super top secret tech.

Vulture fuckin rules

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Invalid Validation posted:

Just give him his Uzis back.

Superpower, 9mm

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

thebardyspoon posted:

It's getting into power levels discussion really isn't it? Vulture could do what he could do in that movie because he was the sole villain and needed to be a big threat but still reasonable for Spider-man to fight, Falcon is generally part of an ensemble and they want him to be the underdog quite often so he gets to be a bit less overwhelming but still holds his own well enough. I imagine when/if we get him in the suit with the shield in this series he'll suddenly start absolutely wrecking poo poo.

It's also that Vulture has two big Chitauri engines in his wings and Sam seems to be propelled just by a jet pack on his back.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

Vulture built his own suit using alien scraps he welded together in a garage under a bridge, Sam’s wing suit & Redwing are elite Air Force super top secret tech.

Vulture fuckin rules

"Adrian Toomes was able to build this in a garage! With a box of alien scraps!"

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

thebardyspoon posted:

I don't think it is, since both units are pretty starkly different. Sam's is basically just the wings with a harness to hold him to the wings. The wings are pretty light and can even fold away easily enough that he can walk around in day to day stuff wearing them without issue. Adrian's unit is much bulkier, with an exoskeleton that extends over his arm and legs to give claws, sturdier wings with independently movable rotary lift fans inside them and Adrian basically has to have a special docking station built to take the unit off so he can move around normally once he lands. It doesn't seem unfair to suggest that one is lighter and more focused on stealth, speed, maneuverability while the other is heavier and focused on power and attack, and the movies generally do match that profile.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

live with fruit posted:

"Adrian Toomes was able to build this in a garage! With a box of alien scraps!"

Did Toomes build it or his lacky?

Michael Chernus is the power broker

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Azhais posted:

Did Toomes build it or his lacky?

I think it's implied that the Tinkerer built everything.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

tsob posted:

I don't think it is, since both units are pretty starkly different. Sam's is basically just the wings with a harness to hold him to the wings. The wings are pretty light and can even fold away easily enough that he can walk around in day to day stuff wearing them without issue. Adrian's unit is much bulkier, with an exoskeleton that extends over his arm and legs to give claws, sturdier wings with independently movable rotary lift fans inside them and Adrian basically has to have a special docking station built to take the unit off so he can move around normally once he lands. It doesn't seem unfair to suggest that one is lighter and more focused on stealth, speed, maneuverability while the other is heavier and focused on power and attack, and the movies generally do match that profile.

Vulture's suit is more a jet that happens to have a person attached than a wingsuit anyway. They're very little alike except that they both use wings.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Doesn’t Sam say that Tony had a crack at upgrading his wings? They certainly look different now than before, much more bird like.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

The_Doctor posted:

Doesn’t Sam say that Tony had a crack at upgrading his wings? They certainly look different now than before, much more bird like.

It would make sense he'd upgrade the wings somewhat. Probably arc reactor powered now or something, and a lot more bullet resistant than they were before. The military built the originals, and so they'd have built them to do the job of getting in, fixing a dude, and getting out not for being in a fight. Probably from the lowest bidder or whatever congressman's state they had to appeal to that week.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

seaborgium posted:

It would make sense he'd upgrade the wings somewhat. Probably arc reactor powered now or something, and a lot more bullet resistant than they were before. The military built the originals, and so they'd have built them to do the job of getting in, fixing a dude, and getting out not for being in a fight. Probably from the lowest bidder or whatever congressman's state they had to appeal to that week.

Falcon and the Winter Soldier 2 gonna be about Justin Hammer filing a patent infringement suit against Sam.

Doom2020!
Dec 31, 2020

If you think this has a happy ending then you really haven't been paying attention

tsob posted:

I'd kill for Vulture to return and upgrade his suit to be more battle ready (think Comics Beetle) as a part of the Thunderbolts.

TulliusCicero posted:

Norman Osborn succeeded in taking over SHIELD, making his own Iron Man suit, creating his own Avengers team of supervillains, and hunted down and captured/ exterminated numerous superheros/ Metahumans as Director of HAMMER and Iron Patriot. He did all of this with the full support and approval of the US Government.

Don't sleep on Osborn: Norman is downright terrifyingly effective when he wants to be.

Dark Reign was one of my favourite Marvel moments. Norman taking over after Secret Invasion by both riding his shining moment and manipulating it for all it was worth was amazing. A great thing about Osborn is he is both terrifyingly intelligent but a half second from just bowing it all up due to madness he barely keeps in check. The Cabal where everyone kept talking poo poo to him was amazing. As far as villains go he is a classic. Spidey really has a good assortment of bad guys. I'm probably the only person that enjoyed Doc Ocks Spider-Man as well. I have a thing for bad guys.

I can easily make a short list of some good Marvel villains and the what makes then cool
1) Doom - Aristocratic Batman who has a sense of honour and takes care of his people. If he was just a bit less arrogant he might be the earth's mightiest hero/scientist. Cold, calculating and ruthless in his pursuit of what he thinks is right. Has more style than most. Has been a god at least twice. All worlds belong to Doom.
2) Magneto - leans more of anti-hero since our parent's day. Holocaust survivor that lives by "never again". Does whatever he can to protect his kind with various levels of ruthlessness to protect his mission. More obvious pathos due to trauma.
3) Nuke - warped Vietnam era Captain America. Government created super soldier and addict to pills to help him stay peak combat effectiveness. Harsh take on the military industrial complex and the soldiers it creates. My words aren't doing him justice sadly.
4) Norman Osborn - Is he still canon Bi-Polar? I haven't read comics in a few years. Anyway... Ruthless industrialist and scientist who tries to make a super soldier serum and it dials up his pre-existing mental issues. 100% villain and any appearance otherwise is just a trick. Dark Reign was amazing as was Warren Ellis doing Thunderbolts with Norman in charge. Fun as a scumbag politician and fun as a psycho Goblin tossing bombs. Really hates Spider-Man. Really, really hates Spider-Man.
5) Doctor Octopus - A dumpy scientist with metal arms is cool? Yes. First person who beat Spider-Man. Yes he got his rear end kicked but so do all of Spidey's bad guys. As he was old and dying tricked Spidey into swapping bodies and had a run as the Superior Spider Man which was great. Ended up redeeming himself in the end but definitely a villain most of his run.
6) Ares - THE God of War. Take some Conan but make him semi immortal with super strength. His mini was great and he was always highly entertaining.
7) Namor - The King of Atlantis and a complete dick. Really his whole character is arrogant dick. He's got power to back it up and somehow just pulls it off. Sometimes a good guy, sometimes a bad guy but always an arrogant bag of dicks.
8) Helmut Zemo - son of a Nazi badguy and longtime enemy of the Avengers and Cap. He really has grown since his beginning from insecure villain hoping to live up to his father's shadow to baddie who kicks the Avengers rear end to successfully tricking the world into thinking his long time b and c tier bad guys were new heroes.
9) Loki - comics Loki was the first Avenger villain and has had a really good journey character wise. Lady Loki was a lot of fun but Kid and Teenage Loki were the best. The Kid Loki comic was amazing and makes me sad more haven't read it. Movie Loki is great due to insane charisma of Hiddleston.

Galactus and Thanos are there too but I don't want to put one above the other. The Executioner was a fairly lame super villain but had the MOST METAL death ever so deffo honourable mention. Marvel (and especially Spider-Man) really have some great villains... although I still dig Captain Cold.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Doom2020! posted:

I'd kill for Vulture to return and upgrade his suit to be more battle ready (think Comics Beetle) as a part of the Thunderbolts.

Just wait till the Sony makes a Sinister Six movie without Feige and with Jared Leto.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

live with fruit posted:

Just wait till the Sony makes a Sinister Six movie without Feige and with Jared Leto.

The dream is for contract negotiations to break down next time for Spider-Man in MCU and WB to swoop in with dump trucks filled with money to make a Spider-Man DC crossover movie.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Spacebump posted:

The dream is for contract negotiations to break down next time for Spider-Man in MCU and WB to swoop in with dump trucks filled with money to make a Spider-Man DC crossover movie.

I don't think that could happen, because Sony don't own that Spiderman's story do they? Just the character himself. if they were to make a DC crossover it'd presumably be Holland playing a different Spiderman; assuming he even plays the role at all.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I don’t imagine that introducing a character takes a lot of screen time. For Jessica Jones, literally any character in New York can be walking down an alley*, find her punching someone, they shoot her, she doesn’t flinch, and she says one sentence about having a lovely case.
Daredevil is a bit harder because his gimmick is “guilty acrobatic lawyer who is blind but can see, kinda.” So you’d have to do a scene where he is giving some legal advice and then the scene where he swings across the rooftop, that might take 50 whole seconds from the film.

*Fun fact about New York! Because real estate is so pricey there, there aren’t any alleys, and everyone films in the same alley because on TV, people think New York has alleys.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

tsob posted:

I don't think that could happen, because Sony don't own that Spiderman's story do they? Just the character himself. if they were to make a DC crossover it'd presumably be Holland playing a different Spiderman; assuming he even plays the role at all.

I have no idea what the Spider-Man licensing deal says and would love to read it. Even if they couldn’t use Holland Spider-Man, I’d love to see it. I don’t think a Spidey DC movie cross over will happen but it is fun to dream.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

tsob posted:

I don't think that could happen, because Sony don't own that Spiderman's story do they? Just the character himself.

Sony only owns the licensing rights in the context of feature films - everything else is Marvel (Disney)

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Spacebump posted:

I have no idea what the Spider-Man licensing deal says and would love to read it. Even if they couldn’t use Holland Spider-Man, I’d love to see it. I don’t think a Spidey DC movie cross over will happen but it is fun to dream.

Who would he even cross over with? My first thought was Gotham, since he swings around like Batman and tends to deal with low level street crime and poo poo like Batman too, but it's almost quaint to imagine him meeting someone like the Joker, because it's basically superpowered Batman dealing with a depowered Goblin to some degree. Joker can be terrifyingly effective himself, but it's usually because of his mania meaning he has no guardrails on his actions and because he's so unpredictable, where he's usually fairly limited in a fight. Spiderman would probably find even some of Batman's physically tougher foes, like Killer Croc or Mr. Freeze fairly mundane. On the other hand, Superman's normal foes are probably completely out of his league.

Doom2020!
Dec 31, 2020

If you think this has a happy ending then you really haven't been paying attention

Golden Bee posted:

I don’t imagine that introducing a character takes a lot of screen time. For Jessica Jones, literally any character in New York can be walking down an alley*, find her punching someone, they shoot her, she doesn’t flinch, and she says one sentence about having a lovely case.
Daredevil is a bit harder because his gimmick is “guilty acrobatic lawyer who is blind but can see, kinda.” So you’d have to do a scene where he is giving some legal advice and then the scene where he swings across the rooftop, that might take 50 whole seconds from the film.

*Fun fact about New York! Because real estate is so pricey there, there aren’t any alleys, and everyone films in the same alley because on TV, people think New York has alleys.

Didn't they used to have alleys back in the 70's and before? I always figured it was a leftover from the MANY classic films involving NYC. I know when I think of NYC I think dirty alleys, dirty gothic towers, muggins and both prostitutes and pimps that get mad if you don't partake of their services. I say this as someone who was born in the 90s that didn't even visit New York until after 2010.

live with fruit posted:

I want this. So bad. Still would like a MCU version of Kraven the Hunter as well as sleazy and secretly crazy politician mastermind that took over SHIELD Norman Osborn; although, it would lose some of the punch if he just appeared as DR era Normie.

After watching Legion a bit ago, I would like a Sentry show that could bring hi into the MCU. I always dug Sentry for some reason even though he killed Ares who I really liked.

edit:

tsob posted:

Who would he even cross over with? My first thought was Gotham, since he swings around like Batman and tends to deal with low level street crime and poo poo like Batman too, but it's almost quaint to imagine him meeting someone like the Joker, because it's basically superpowered Batman dealing with a depowered Goblin to some degree. Joker can be terrifyingly effective himself, but it's usually because of his mania meaning he has no guardrails on his actions and because he's so unpredictable, where he's usually fairly limited in a fight. Spiderman would probably find even some of Batman's physically tougher foes, like Killer Croc or Mr. Freeze fairly mundane. On the other hand, Superman's normal foes are probably completely out of his league.
Mr Freeze would fit in well with Spidey but Flash's Rogues Gallery would be the best fit.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Spacebump posted:

I believe there are limitations on how other studios can use Marvel characters. Off the top of my head Fox needed Disney’s permission to change Negasonic Teenage Warheads powers in Deadpool.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Doom2020! posted:

I want this. So bad. Still would like a MCU version of Kraven the Hunter as well as sleazy and secretly crazy politician mastermind that took over SHIELD Norman Osborn; although, it would lose some of the punch if he just appeared as DR era Normie.

I was really hoping after the end of Far From Home that Kraven would be the main villain of the third movie, hunting Peter after his identity as revealed. I believe Jon Watts may even have wanted to use Kraven at one point, but it sounds like he went a different way with No Way Home. Or possibly was forced to go a different route. Still, with Thor now getting a fourth film, the films only really getting in to the 4th phase now with Holland still quite young and Spidey not a particularly central hero so far as well as the fact that Sony no doubt want to keep pushing Spiderman as an IP, I imagine he'll get a few more films within the MCU so hopefully Watts will get to tell a Kraven story at some point. I'm hoping No Way Home doesn't pull a One More Day and have Peter's identity suddenly hidden again due to reasons either.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Turns out New York has five alleys that they film in. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/why-is-gritty-nyc-alley-featured-tv-shows-movies-1240049

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
You want allyways you go to Chicago.

e: Or that one allyway set in Burbank where every NBC sitcom films when they pretend to be in NYC

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

New trailer, a few new scenes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3_-XYOYQQA

Doom2020!
Dec 31, 2020

tsob posted:

I was really hoping after the end of Far From Home that Kraven would be the main villain of the third movie, hunting Peter after his identity as revealed. I believe Jon Watts may even have wanted to use Kraven at one point, but it sounds like he went a different way with No Way Home. Or possibly was forced to go a different route. Still, with Thor now getting a fourth film, the films only really getting in to the 4th phase now with Holland still quite young and Spidey not a particularly central hero so far as well as the fact that Sony no doubt want to keep pushing Spiderman as an IP, I imagine he'll get a few more films within the MCU so hopefully Watts will get to tell a Kraven story at some point. I'm hoping No Way Home doesn't pull a One More Day and have Peter's identity suddenly hidden again due to reasons either.

My one absolute must is they keep the Kraven history with a white guy playing him as the whole fallen Russian Imperial/Great white hunter since it plays nicely into his overall character. No idea why but I have always liked Kraven and he was the one older Spidey villain that I was always sad didn't show up more. Maybe it was the outfit. When I was a kid I remember reading an older comic (my Dad's maybe) from when he died and that was drat good.

"We could have been a team."

Please let Falcon give him a "nah". Or a "bruh" with a look. Please. I know it's silly but hearing the right already whinge about "PC Captain America" makes me even more excited to see Sam Wilson don the shield and gear. It will be like scanners for chuds.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Spacebump posted:

I think a version got leaked when Sony got hacked that's probably out on the internet somewhere. I recall there was a list of all the characters that they could use as well as specifying that Peter can't do stuff to damage the brand like torture, kill, deal drugs (this was clearly stated in the deal, IIRC)...obviously, except for when he's affected by the Symbiote. So I guess Venom Peter can be a drug dealer if they really want.

Looks like Karli might be going after the GRC directly, then.

Also editing around the bloody shield, I see.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Is Sam going to have to stop Bucky from going full Winter Soldier on Walker?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Walkers right though, Sam and Bucky were completely hostile to walker from the second he showed up. Plus at this point they're pretty much terrorists, going around the world breaking criminals out of prison, setting off explosions, assaulting and killing people

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Terror Sweat posted:

Walkers right though, Sam and Bucky were completely hostile to walker from the second he showed up. Plus at this point they're pretty much terrorists, going around the world breaking criminals out of prison, setting off explosions, assaulting and killing people

To be fair, if you decided you weren't worthy to carry on your best friend's legacy, but the government decided this idiot was after you gave them his stuff, you would be pretty pissed too.

Also Walker didn't go "hey you guys are Avengers and experts on this situation, I'm new and I will follow your lead on this."

No, he told them he "needed Cap's Wing men." Because he's the star. Walker came in hot and only became more dismissive and aggressive as time went on. He also called James "Bucky", which is a really personal nickname to him and this clown in his friend's clothes (who saved his life and his mind) is calling him that.

Sam wasn't even as overtly "No" to Walker as James until he said he would be his sidekick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
It's not illegal to not like someone, even for personal or petty reasons. Nor have Sam or Bucky blown anything up, assaulted anyone that wasn't attacking them or killed anyone that wasn't a soldier. They didn't even really break anyone out of jail. Zemo broke himself out, Bucky was aware of it and didn't stop it and Sam wasn't even aware of it; he just went along with it once it had happened. Which Walker himself did too, for that matter. Walker has done more wrong on that list than Sam has.