Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
On my way back to Los Angeles from Las Vegas. I stopped by this high desert shrine on exit 221 on the I15. I'm outside of the socal are so I have to type the uppercase i.

I reflected on LF. I reflected on CSPAM. I reflected on the lessons we refused to learn, in favor of the laughs we had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Terror Sweat posted:

Anyone who would ever defend any sitting politician is scum

actually, defending kshama sawant is good

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
There's a big difference between slavery and coerced/forced labor. With slavery the slaves are de jure property, so all of the laws surrounding public property apply to them. Crucially this means that it is the duty of law enforcement to protect that property, meaning that police are obligated to find and bring back escaped prisoners, and the prisons can refuse outside help for the prisoners so they don't have to work.

In a coerced labor situation a charity could supply prisoners with goods so they aren't coerced to work for free in order to get minor comforts from the prison store.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Egg Moron posted:

Cum-Soaked Post Appreciation Messageboard

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

KomradeX posted:

So they're not charging the cop who domed that Chud during the Capitol guided tour, here's a sample of the Lib reacts

The post itself has over 5k positive likes

we love our extrajudicial killings don't we folks

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Just remembered something. Did all the Cuomo stuff just blow over? Rofl

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

gandlethorpe posted:

Man idunno. I keep getting texts asking me to stop the recall on Newsom and I'm like I don't even know what he did and they're all like "oh, good, thank you for your continued support" and I'm all "I didn't say I supported anything just tell me what he did" and then they hang up the phone.

So in conclusion lmao

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

gandlethorpe posted:

Yes. #MeToo is stone-dead and Democrats killed it.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

my bony fealty posted:

Indistinguishable from Chuds.

And look yeah ask the Cuomo stuff did blow over. There's no such thing as holding a politican to account anymore

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

human garbage bag posted:

There's a big difference between slavery and coerced/forced labor. With slavery the slaves are de jure property, so all of the laws surrounding public property apply to them. Crucially this means that it is the duty of law enforcement to protect that property, meaning that police are obligated to find and bring back escaped prisoners, and the prisons can refuse outside help for the prisoners so they don't have to work.

In a coerced labor situation a charity could supply prisoners with goods so they aren't coerced to work for free in order to get minor comforts from the prison store.

hahaha jesus loving christ

big difference my rear end. That's the definition of a distinction without a difference

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
uhhhhh folx, the prisoners get sundays off and all the fried chicken they could want, it's completely different

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

you see, involuntary servitude is necessary but not a sufficient condition for slavery so therefore FARRRRRRRRRRRRRT

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the law clearly states slavery is legal if the person has been convicted. case closed. user loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth

KirbyKhan posted:

Man idunno. I keep getting texts asking me to stop the recall on Newsom and I'm like I don't even know what he did and they're all like "oh, good, thank you for your continued support" and I'm all "I didn't say I supported anything just tell me what he did" and then they hang up the phone.

So in conclusion lmao

You can't hang up on a text. This proves Cuomo is innocent.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

human garbage bag posted:

You're trying to say that only chattel slavery is slavery.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Ruzihm posted:

insanely funny lol

this

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

my bony fealty posted:

this but unironically

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

probably should have listened to all the people saying was blue-maga and not made the video then lol

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Cpt_Obvious posted:

That's not an accurate summary of what Harris did.

The California Department of Corrections (or maybe it's a bureau, whatever, not important) had been in trouble with the judiciary for a while over massive, massive overcrowding, and was ultimately ordered to release inmates early using whatever criteria they happened to feel like until the overcrowding was alleviated. What with the DOC having totally failed to mitigate overcrowding in any other way. The California DOJ is generally responsible for defending other arms of the state government in court.

So when, some months after the DOC was ordered to release prisoners and continued not to, some of Harris' minions were dragged up before an extremely angry judge on short notice (lol), the dumbasses threw whatever dumbass arguments they could think of at the wall. This included, fatefully, "but we can't just release the prisoners, we need them for slave labor".

When the media and public got wind of this it predictably exploded, whereupon Harris disavowed the stupid argument and told her minions they were dumbasses.

It wasn't exactly a shining moment for her office's competence, but Harris wasn't the one who made or supported the pro-slavery argument, and calling her a slaver is dumb.

edit: as it happens i think the thing about trans inmates is a fair criticism.

Glad that this woman is in charge of once again of making sure massive, massive overcrowding is alleviated in another part of the US prison system

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lool

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

The simpering fealty that dnd has towards biden is disturbing

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Bootleg Trunks posted:

dnd is disturbing

simplified that for you

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
lol this was the headline AP went with today

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

why does that look like a bizarre and terrifying biden mask

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Cpt_Obvious posted:

The California Department of Corrections (or maybe it's a bureau, whatever, not important) had been in trouble with the judiciary for a while over massive, massive overcrowding, and was ultimately ordered to release inmates early using whatever criteria they happened to feel like until the overcrowding was alleviated. What with the DOC having totally failed to mitigate overcrowding in any other way. The California DOJ is generally responsible for defending other arms of the state government in court.

So when, some months after the DOC was ordered to release prisoners and continued not to, some of Harris' minions were dragged up before an extremely angry judge on short notice (lol), the dumbasses threw whatever dumbass arguments they could think of at the wall. This included, fatefully, "but we can't just release the prisoners, we need them for slave labor".

When the media and public got wind of this it predictably exploded, whereupon Harris disavowed the stupid argument and told her minions they were dumbasses.

It wasn't exactly a shining moment for her office's competence, but Harris wasn't the one who made or supported the pro-slavery argument, and calling her a slaver is dumb.

repostin this again

Extending 2-for-1 credits to all minimum custody inmates at this time would severely impact fire camp participation—a dangerous outcome while California is in the middle of a difficult fire season and severe drought,” the Attorney General’s office, then led by Senator and 2020 candidate Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) wrote. “The extension of 2-for-1 credits to all [minimum security facility] inmates would likely make fire camp beds even more difficult to fill, as low-level, non-violent inmates would choose to participate in the [Minimum Support Facility] program rather than endure strenuous physical activities and risk injury in fire camps.”

lol kamala harris is a loving slaver

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

repostin this again

Extending 2-for-1 credits to all minimum custody inmates at this time would severely impact fire camp participation—a dangerous outcome while California is in the middle of a difficult fire season and severe drought,” the Attorney General’s office, then led by Senator and 2020 candidate Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) wrote. “The extension of 2-for-1 credits to all [minimum security facility] inmates would likely make fire camp beds even more difficult to fill, as low-level, non-violent inmates would choose to participate in the [Minimum Support Facility] program rather than endure strenuous physical activities and risk injury in fire camps.”

lol kamala harris is a loving slaver

Roflmao

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

1stGear posted:

Yes. #MeToo is stone-dead and Democrats killed it.

from the very beginning it was just to placate celebrities and rich people. no one ever gave a poo poo about the women working at fast food restaurants or hotels or warehouses or hospitals (unless they were the doctor)

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

If you are already a rape apologist and genocide denier why not add slavery apologist on top of that too

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

you keep saying stop using prison labor but you're not explaining how you'd pay for that

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
if i were a state attorney general, i would simply not allow pro-slavery arguments to be signed with my name :shrug:

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So what are the odds Biden wants to draw down Afghanistan to fill pivot into Cold War II: Shanghai Knights

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Why is eli valley complaining about biden's dog getting attention when he voted for biden knowing how the media is

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

KomradeX posted:

So what are the odds Biden wants to draw down Afghanistan to fill pivot into Cold War II: Shanghai Knights

Belt and Road goes through Afghanistan. If USA wants to gently caress with China the troops would stay.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Would ending prison slavery stop racism?

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

If you like your slave labor, you can, uh, keep it

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Cpt_Obvious posted:

"Kamala didn't do it, it was her minions" is so loving stupid. A minion is totally loyal, it's the whole point of having a different word from employee or henchman, the actions of someone's minions can be treated as what their master wants by definition. Not to mention the standard of "subordinate's actions don't count" never gets applied to Trump because then he didn't actually do much wrong.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Lostconfused posted:

Belt and Road goes through Afghanistan.

*Slow motion*
nnnnnoooooooo! President Xi!!!!

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Can you imagine how much longer the troops would have been left in Afghanistan if Trump was still President? Truly, Biden is making America whole hang on I'm being handed a note

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

hmm that doesnt sound like a useful definition of slavery to me because if it were id be wrong and obviously an rear end in a top hat. qed