Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I post in the PS4 thread about games I'm playing on my PS4 and I post in the PS5 thread about games I'm playing on my PS5.

Weird how everyone is talking about thread management reorganization today when it seems like change will happen on its own at the proper pace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

haveblue posted:

Two threads makes sense while 90% of the PS5 thread is about trying to find one and copypasting from the UPS tracker, but in the long run I'd vote for a unified sony thread

i don't think this is the case anymore, most playstation goons who post have one by now, even CharlieFoxtrot. only our beloved mod left

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I post in here about games that you could play on a ps4 even though I'm playing them on a pc, I still can't get over my ps4s death last year and until i move on i remain attached

ps its my birthday so i'm getting high and playing Subnautica, its an amazing time

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

fridge corn posted:

Anyway, I did it!! I was getting really frustrated again and dying to our boy G so many times and I was just about to give up for the day (or perhaps longer!! as was my state of mind), as my earlier post might have suggested, but I looked at the time and decided to give it one more go.

I think I made it through by the skin of my teeth. I havent gone back to watch the footage yet cuz I'm still riding the adrenaline high. loving hell what a game. Here you go: fridge corn vs some old dude idk. Also i left in the phase 0 bit cuz I'm pretty sure it was the first time I went flawless against the G man. Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27pjs17sODc

Sekiro owns owns owns

Great video. Really illustrates how this fight can get out of hand quickly. You had him close to posture broken early in phase 2 and then things go sideways fast. I appreciate how you stuck with it when I would have probably given up.

I also probably would have accidently jumped off the edge of the cliff near the end of phase 3.

I really need to practice the umbrella. I ignored it on all my playthroughs, same with mist raven. That smacking you gave him really hurt.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Escobarbarian posted:

We need two PlayStation threads so this one can continue to also be about films and people documenting their first experience with From games

:hmmyes:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I do not feel right posting in the ps5 thread without a ps5. I am content to post here in the PS4 thread :)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Thinking about how I arbitrarily decide to post about games in which thread.

I posted about Persona 5 Strikers and my current Persona 5 Royal playthrough in their respective threads.

But even though I posted a bunch about Cyberpunk I never did post in that thread at all, I think. Possibly because my posts were generally themed around "look how this runs on PS4" and felt more appropriate here

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

i don't think this is the case anymore, most playstation goons who post have one by now,

Hmm...

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

complaint post was strat all along, literally post resurrection before our very eyes :eyepop:

I love this, an all out brawl where you use every tool at your disposal. This is how it was for me, too, even down to divine grass and jizo statue, I had a hard time getting used to the delays on his animations. It's pretty great how spot on you are right out the gate with the lightning reversals, and I love that he pressured the gently caress out of you and your back was literally to a cliff before you won through sheer grit. Well played, shinobi.

Before you put the game down entirely you owe it to yourself to fight old man Isshin to get the bad ending, it's an incredible fight.

Yeah, I'm gonna give it a little bit before I go back to it tho. Need it chill out with some stress-free gaming for a while

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
no goon should go without a ps5 to play ps4 games on!

acksplode
May 17, 2004

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I post in here about games that you could play on a ps4 even though I'm playing them on a pc

I've been doing this too lol. Honestly I just post whatever and half the time I don't even know which playstation thread I'm posting in

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Vikar Jerome posted:

Be the change you want to see in the world and buy me a ps5 :)

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

you jest but I would not go back to playing PS4 games on a PS4 ever now that I can play them on a PS5. the whole experience is better at least tenfold

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Barely any one chats about trying to GET a PS5 anymore but goddamn they don't talk about games at all.

Its a cesspool. PS4 > PS5 thread

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

My PS4 just updated to 8.50

What could it be?!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Item in the changelog: If you're playing a game you have hidden, other players will no longer see you are playing that game

ps4 now complicit in hiding my shame

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

My PS4 just updated to 8.50

What could it be?!

Nothing much exciting https://mp1st.com/news/new-ps4-update-8-50-available-heres-everything-thats-new

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cyberpunk also started downloading a 25gb “hotfix”:greenangel:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

do you post? is that what you call such a display? ;)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

oh god

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

Blind Rasputin posted:

Awesome job Fridge Corn! I knew you were taking it slow, I’m sure in some ways that helped and in others made it frustrating and irritating after the nth fail. loving rock dude.

Also, thread friends, Subnautica did NOT disappoint. I’m basically at the end. What an amazing blend of really well written sci fi story told through uncovering long lost stuff and environmental exploration mixed with just a perfectly done setting. I felt, like really felt, underwater all the drat time. And going way deep gets way loving hairy. I also think it has just the right amount of crafting. Never absurd, hardly a laundry list of stuff to build at all. Also the most minimal resource collection requirements ever. Like, I did the bare minimum of collecting each thing and am still covered up in supplies. It’s nuts how fast you can farm an entire locker full of titanium if you want to. They did it right where too many others do it so drat wrong. The concise upgrade paths meant I was basically an underwater Olympian after two hours of play time, and at this point I’m the like God of saturation diving. And speaking of diving, I honestly could not believe my loving mind with how deep and how far you actually go, either. The journey there felt harrowing and took a long time. The journey back was (I wasn’t even sure I was going to make it all the way back in one piece) such a great mix of apprehension and excitement to finally be leaving the darkness. Seeing the surface again, after being... down there.. for such a very long time, that felt completely awesome.

I haven’t totally finished it yet. I cured the virus and just built the ship. I need to go turn off the security and I guess leave? Man, the leviathan end was really touching, totally unexpected that that’s what was doing all the talking. And those kid leviathans cumming in the water to heal the planet was beautiful!.

I sat on this game so drat long and now I kind of hate myself for it. It’s such a perfect production I am really amazed at what that little studio put together there. There’s been massive game productions this past year that simply pale in comparison to how good this is in terms of quality, story, thoughtfulness of design, and world building. Thank you for recommending it and help with getting started!

That's awesome :3:

Below Zero's final release should be out soon to scratch that itch again!

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Just woke up and finished Subnautica. I wish there was some online sharing component to the time capsule. Like Journey, or something. That would be cool. Otherwise, rad ending. It’s kind of strange just how fast the game accelerates towards the end after you get past 900m, but that’s cool.

Also, I found a cuddle fish. I found two of them, actually. They hatched in my alien habitat tank and it became my octopus friend! It followed me around and I played tricks with it and it was cute as gently caress. Totally unexpected little surprise. It follows me everywhere. Then I got in my cyclops and just as I hit full speed ahead it collides with the front window and explodes in a puff of green blood. Lmao.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Well I managed to play for about 5 hours without the game crashing doing something mundane like opening a menu so that's an improvement.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
BR, btw, the sequel comes out next month

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRx1UrkhgAA

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Apr 15, 2021

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah I saw that and I am freaking pumped. The absolutely exhausted hydronaut captures the mood of the game for me perfectly,

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

woops, for some reason i wrote week instead of month. it releases May 14th

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Came home to find the living room realigned by a housemate. don’t these fools know the ideal viewing experience for a 55inch screen is 2.10 metres/6.92 feet. Now it’s like double that how can I read item descriptions from this far away. I’m shaking and crying and puking

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Now it’s like double that how can I read item descriptions from this far away. I’m shaking and crying and puking

Same, except in my case I think it's more the hay fever.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I’m shaking and crying and puking

same but it's just my normal state

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Hey I think the final update for Disco on PS4 is finally getting the game in a good place, it has only crashed once so far.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I’m shaking and crying and puking

Same but only after sex.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Finished off Atelier Ryza, HUGE difficulty spike at the end, I shamelessly set the difficulty much lower to get through it instead of spending days crafting the necessities, a bit too tedious.

I see why people like the game, going to pause on grabbing Ryza 2 though.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Came home to find the living room realigned by a housemate. don’t these fools know the ideal viewing experience for a 55inch screen is 2.10 metres/6.92 feet. Now it’s like double that how can I read item descriptions from this far away. I’m shaking and crying and puking

Sounds like it's time for a new (bigger) tv/hausmates, possibly glasses or a new prescription.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Hey Veeg I wanted to mention something about your DS3 progress, as I've noticed that you were having more trouble once you got to Lothric, which isn't at all unusual. So at this point the game ramps up in difficulty quite a bit and you're going to be seeing some leveling out of the DPS advantage of dex twinblades. The problem isn't so much that lategame dex won't be outputting good damage numbers, but that late game and DLC enemies have various ways of punishing you for being too close to them, either by having weapon and AOE buffs, huge stamina bars, or having tons of poise and being more resistant to stunlock than early game dudes.

To that end, relative safe attacking distances and knockdown/thrust/pancake moves become far more crucial as you progress, so you might want to think about getting comfortable with having a big spear or sword in your spare weapon slot that you can switch to on the fly, even if it slows your rolling speed down from absolute max. Also, definitely experiment with the moveset of whatever you pick, because things only get harder from here on out. (I saw you tried out the Abyss Sword but I don't think you got so far as trying its Weapon Art, so def think about exploring the movesets of whatever is available to you)

Good luck :) See you in The Painted World!

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

GoutPatrol posted:

Hey I think the final update for Disco on PS4 is finally getting the game in a good place, it has only crashed once so far.

Nice! I'll finally be checking it out tonight after I can tear myself away from 13 Sentinels. Getting an AOE attack on a big cluster of enemies is so drat satisfying. :hellyeah:

Is there a recommendation for first "Build" to go through with in Disco Elysium or do I just go with my gut? Should I try to jack-of-all trades, or specialize? I haven't played an RPG with a character builder like this in a good long while, so any general tips (if needed) would be appreciated.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I saw this many many pages past in the Subnautica thread and if you’re on the fence about the game this might convince you. It’s so enjoyable and funny to watch regardless. I guess there’s also an Easter egg way of unlocking these voices in the real game?

https://youtu.be/puU7C44XeAA

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Read After Burning posted:

Nice! I'll finally be checking it out tonight after I can tear myself away from 13 Sentinels. Getting an AOE attack on a big cluster of enemies is so drat satisfying. :hellyeah:

Is there a recommendation for first "Build" to go through with in Disco Elysium or do I just go with my gut? Should I try to jack-of-all trades, or specialize? I haven't played an RPG with a character builder like this in a good long while, so any general tips (if needed) would be appreciated.

I felt pretty good going in with a Thinker build the first go through. Getting Encyclopedia checks was one of the easier ways to learn the lore and history of the world and gives you good background knowledge that will be helpful with in later runs. The Visual Calculus checks also are a real unique thing.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Read After Burning posted:

Yeah just go with whatever you want, or would think would make for interesting reactions based on the skill descriptions. But you should know that endurance and volition or the number you put into your ‘psyche and physique’ determines how much health you have (you have a physical and mental health bar, certain dialogue choices will result in damage to them occasionally, which results in a game over). So basically maybe just make sure you have at least like 2 in both. After the first like 20 minutes tho you’ll be able to find and buy healing items and in my experience it’s pretty difficult to get a game over after the intro.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I'm on my second run and it seems like it's difficult to create a truly bad build where you miss out on something crucial. My first run was an ideal detective story protagonist, knowledgeable and intuitive, and that was fun. My current guy is a pea-brain jock dipshit, and since Shivers is in the physical group it's filling in for Encyclopedia when it comes to exposition. I don't know a drat thing, but I can feel the world through my body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Hey Veeg I wanted to mention something about your DS3 progress, as I've noticed that you were having more trouble once you got to Lothric, which isn't at all unusual. So at this point the game ramps up in difficulty quite a bit and you're going to be seeing some leveling out of the DPS advantage of dex twinblades. The problem isn't so much that lategame dex won't be outputting good damage numbers, but that late game and DLC enemies have various ways of punishing you for being too close to them, either by having weapon and AOE buffs, huge stamina bars, or having tons of poise and being more resistant to stunlock than early game dudes.

To that end, relative safe attacking distances and knockdown/thrust/pancake moves become far more crucial as you progress, so you might want to think about getting comfortable with having a big spear or sword in your spare weapon slot that you can switch to on the fly, even if it slows your rolling speed down from absolute max. Also, definitely experiment with the moveset of whatever you pick, because things only get harder from here on out. (I saw you tried out the Abyss Sword but I don't think you got so far as trying its Weapon Art, so def think about exploring the movesets of whatever is available to you)

Good luck :) See you in The Painted World!

I really appreciate this!

Yeah my approach with the knights is definitely not learned yet. Once I get the gist I hopefully will be OK. I do have a lightning spear that is quite neat. I am fully prepared to switch it up a bit and start pumping up VIT so I can move as fast as possible too but the twinblades are so much fun. It is like having the saw cleaver all over again! :D

I am stoked to see lothric again and what new areas I have awoken.