Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Sky Shadowing posted:

I'm guessing they made a mod that doesn't require any of the vanilla ESM files. It's entirely possible to do that. Just load up the editor and start trucking without loading in the ESMs.

If you want to use vanilla assets or data, it might be quicker to just create a modified ESM file that strips out all the world data and such, though.

That makes a lot of sense and seems obvious now that I read that. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Sky Shadowing posted:

a modified ESM file that strips out all the world data and such, though.

you don't even need to make a modified esm file, esm file data is inherently overwrite-able. any esp can delete all of morrowind landmass, leaving morrowind.esm to supply a database of items and assets

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

if and when i command creature it to my home)

Holy poo poo WHAT

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Command creature on touch, water walking on touch, fortify speed on touch

Get that snip snop a movin

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
My avatar is my face, this changes so much. I can also move the creeper in that way?

E: I thought I was sly using the command humanoid spell to move the dancing girls from Suran to my house. Now THIS is podracing

Leal fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Apr 15, 2021

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
If you use a companion mark-recall mod like harder multimark, you can also just use that to command and recall kidnap people. I had the mudcrab merchant hanging out in Tel Uvirith along with a bunch of other people I stole, because wizards need collections.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lol I slept in the wrong bed and got thrown out of the Mage's Guild. Sucks not being able to teleport for 30 days but I also like how hilarious of a punishment it is, a modern game would never even think of doing something like that in a million years

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
show some respect, outlander.

Also there's a mod that tells you if you're stealing or committing crimes and i think even if containers are safe storage or not.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
There's a bed in an inn in a Tamriel Rebuilt Telvanni town where the script got mis-assigned or something. I rented the bed, went to sleep in it, and was immediately expelled from House Telvanni because it was still owned.

Bug and oversight... or scam meant to catch fledgling Telvanni in a minor scandal?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

Lol I slept in the wrong bed and got thrown out of the Mage's Guild. Sucks not being able to teleport for 30 days but I also like how hilarious of a punishment it is, a modern game would never even think of doing something like that in a million years

If Morrowind was made today it'd be possible to join and lead all 3 great houses after doing 4 quests for each of them. The mage's guild quest to collect dues would have your reward be based on your level, and when paying the dues yourself the reward could be worth more than the cost of the due. The quests that conflict the thieves guild with the fighter's guild would just not exist and they would instead have you do stuff against some random faction that the player can never join.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
OpenMW has a really cool feature you can turn on that changes the crosshair red when you look at something that is owned. Now I can pick up items and sleep without worry.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Leal posted:

My avatar is my face, this changes so much. I can also move the creeper in that way?

E: I thought I was sly using the command humanoid spell to move the dancing girls from Suran to my house. Now THIS is podracing

moving mudcrab is very not easy and made all the harder the higher your level. i want to move him to tel uvirith but i am also almost level 20. taking mudcrab through molag amur is going to be hell on earth, and with my ruleset, if mudcrab dies he is dead forever.

he's slow, he has no hp, and being under command creature, he will attack anything that attacks you. so the dumbass will try and take on ogrim titans or flame atronachs and get instakilled.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
That said if you're using Uvirith's Legacy by this thread's very own Stuporstar you don't need to move the mudcrab or Creeper to your home, the winged twilight in your dungeons has 10k gold.

Unless you want a vanilla merchant so it doesn't feel like cheating or something.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Rahu posted:

OpenMW has a really cool feature you can turn on that changes the crosshair red when you look at something that is owned. Now I can pick up items and sleep without worry.

Ownership icon mods have existed for 10 years and it's been an MCP option for about the same amount of time

That being said I should make a quick lua mod that keeps you out of jail

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

????????????

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

Are there any mods that let you block with a 2h weapon?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

RMB

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Ownership icon mods have existed for 10 years and it's been an MCP option for about the same amount of time

That being said I should make a quick lua mod that keeps you out of jail

I had a mod that just flat out wouldn't let you click on poo poo that was owned by someone else unless you were in sneak mode to stop accidental stealing but I got rid of it because a huge number of doors are marked as "owned" so I'd have to sneak to leave like half the stores I visited.

That mod but ignoring doors would be nice.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Big Bizness posted:

Are there any mods that let you block with a 2h weapon?

not yet because I don't have any animations for it, but it is possible

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Rahu posted:

Yeah for some reason my crosshair turns red when I look at you :smuggo:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

not yet because I don't have any animations for it, but it is possible

I know nothing about Morrowind animations, but could you rejigger like the halfway point of a sideways slash?

I always kinda liked that blocking was just a thing that happened in Morrowind and you didn't have to press a button or time it or anything.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Skwirl posted:

I know nothing about Morrowind animations, but could you rejigger like the halfway point of a sideways slash?

I always kinda liked that blocking was just a thing that happened in Morrowind and you didn't have to press a button or time it or anything.

If morrowind animations were this easy it would be done already

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

If morrowind animations were this easy it would be done already

There's like 30 "make women walk sexier" mods

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

We just have to find an animator with a blocking fetish.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Skwirl posted:

There's like 30 "make women walk sexier" mods

theres two and they all look like poo poo

to even work with morrowind animation files you need blender 2.49 which came out in 2009. if you want to learn how to do it and provide me the animation please be my guest

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I also don't want to dog pile you with hot take suggestions, but is an animation literally necessary? Because I personally would be happy with a sound effect and a sword that's frozen at rest for a second.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Jack B Nimble posted:

I also don't want to dog pile you with hot take suggestions, but is an animation literally necessary? Because I personally would be happy with a sound effect and a sword that's frozen at rest for a second.

yes

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Ok, I thought that was what were saying, a genuine technical necessity, thanks.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Show the hands holding a great sword or whatever and then another hand comes up holding a shield.

Also, I used to think that Morrowinds whole sleeping in an owned bed was silly, but I've been playing some FO4 lately and you can't keep those goddamn settlers off of your furniture THAT IS MY BED HOW DID YOU EVEN GET IN HERE GET OUT.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm fine with sleeping in an owned bed being a "crime", but it would benefit from some tiers of offense

Like:

Victim drops 50 disposition points and, if they flag as hostile, a guard is called the crime is reported instead of them starting a fight.

I remember when we were playing the vanilla game for the first time my friend picked up a merchants item by mistake, when trying to talk to them, and then got beaten to death in Fort Moonmoth while trying to place the item back on the table.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

theres two and they all look like poo poo

to even work with morrowind animation files you need blender 2.49 which came out in 2009. if you want to learn how to do it and provide me the animation please be my guest

weird you'd think there'd be some kind of backwards compatability module or something, but maybe it's just too antique and not worth anyone's time

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
Are there any crash diagnostic tools about? I'm trying to set up a new install after being away from my computer for half a year, and I'm not... doing very much different from my last install, but I'm getting very hard-to-pin-down, consistant crashes. A few days of disabling mods one-by-one hasn't really netted the culprit like it normally does. Warnings.txt and mwse.log aren't giving me anything terribly helpful.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

FlocksOfMice posted:

Are there any crash diagnostic tools about? I'm trying to set up a new install after being away from my computer for half a year, and I'm not... doing very much different from my last install, but I'm getting very hard-to-pin-down, consistant crashes. A few days of disabling mods one-by-one hasn't really netted the culprit like it normally does. Warnings.txt and mwse.log aren't giving me anything terribly helpful.

post your modlist and people can probably dissect it and tell you what's gone wrong.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

FlocksOfMice posted:

are you getting minidumps from mwse or engine crashes? run wrye mash and check your mods/saves for red boxes

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Trying to get Great House Dagoth running and getting this error.

Googling just gave me a dead reddit thread from ages ago with no real answer..I'm pretty clueless when it comes to modding since I typically play vanilla but I should have everything I need so I dunno what's up. The only other mods I'm using are Tamriel Rebuilt and the alternate start mod.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
That looks to me like you have a version that has compatibility with Master Index installed without having Master Index installed, OR Master Index is loading AFTER Great House Dagoth.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Oh seems that was the problem...I'm dumb and thought master index was referring to like, the index of the game not the official plugin. Seems like it works now having installed it.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
I managed to sort out the mods (80% sure it was a deprecated Dunmer Nobles Overhaul with a garnish of "a few of these mods updated in the past half-year and I didn't notice") and now I'm stuck at the absolute worst part of setting up a Morrowind playthrough.

What do I want to play as???

With the Skill Module, there's no way to still set the mwse-added skills as Major/Minor skills in chargen, is there? The desire to fill my skill list with only somewhat useful support skills like Survival and Lute-Playing is strong.

I'm probably going to end up being a Telvanni wizard vampire in the end, but it's the journey there that's important.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

FlocksOfMice posted:

With the Skill Module, there's no way to still set the mwse-added skills as Major/Minor skills in chargen, is there?

Correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Agents are GO! posted:

Show the hands holding a great sword or whatever and then another hand comes up holding a shield.

By far the funniest option imo