Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Ok thanks for clarifying the socks situation. Now how does one get the footjob?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

April's meme isn't amazing but it's definitely got some legs

https://twitter.com/LordOfDaWings/status/1381619012682010625?s=19

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Hospital socks are the ribbed condoms of footjobs.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

mobby_6kl posted:

Ok thanks for clarifying the socks situation. Now how does one get the footjob?

Very carefully.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Hahaha, what do you think it would feel like to have a lady's feet, in hospital socks, on ur penis? Lol, just asking for a friend, hahaha. What do you think they'd smell like?

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
foreverialy socked up in hospital booties, with permanent grippy nubs and slippy-tippy footpads, covered in all-around stitching everywhere, 100% fully medicalized footwear and loving it

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Hospital socks are loving disgusting. It's not like they give you a new pair when you're in there and then toss them when you're discharged. Those things have been worn by like 8000 people before you.

And hospital laundry quality is sketchy at best.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Counterpoint: I got some out of a sterile, sealed packet when I was in to get my gallbladder taken out. It was like a wound dressing packet, vacuum sealed, that had to be peeled apart.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Hospital socks are loving disgusting. It's not like they give you a new pair when you're in there and then toss them when you're discharged. Those things have been worn by like 8000 people before you.

They send them home with you or throw them out. They're a consumable good.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

If you want to experience that feeling just get one of those thin gloves with the Same rubber Strips.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

They come individually wrapped and we got crates of brand new ones every week, what are you talking about

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

not making it less hot here buddy

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

This is just literal horseshit. Why are you making poo poo up and saying it this authoritatively?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Yeah, it's not the 1980s. Everything in a hospital comes out of a vending machine (pick) and is billed to the patient room.

When I do a hospital discharge I tell patients they should take the socks and hand sanitizer and tissue box since they're paying$30 each for those things anyway.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Well this is a poser; do I think Michael feels "Go Back" (to Manhattan? to Italy? a bit ambiguous) or do I think Michael feels "Continue" as in continue eating his miserable apple slices like a three-year-old? (Although I do appreciate the fact that Americans in general have really bad teeth so he might not be able to safely bite into a whole apple.)

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Skulk Hogan posted:

This is just literal horseshit. Why are you making poo poo up and saying it this authoritatively?

Have you heard of this thing called the internet? It truly is something awful.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Also, as far as hospital laundry, everything is bleached to oblivion so the linens tear easily and every animal within a zillion square miles is poisoned.

As an environmentalist and EMT that has to move these chonkers using the linens they're laying on, I loving HATE how absolutely not sketchy hospital laundry is.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

When I was in the heart ward for a week-end, they didn't give me socks to take home. You see, in the civilized world, we have this thing called laundry. You can wash and re-use articles of clothing for a really long time!

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

always been sent home with them, don't think this is a thing

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

3D Megadoodoo posted:

When I was in the heart ward for a week-end, they didn't give me socks to take home. You see, in the civilized world, we have this thing called laundry. You can wash and re-use articles of clothing for a really long time!

or they could just give you a pair of socks, it's not the loving crown jewels

`Nemesis has a new favorite as of 07:10 on Apr 15, 2021

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Do people just get it in their heads that hospitals are corner-cutting monsters and then just start dreaming up the evil deeds they must be doing and then decide that they actually are doing those things?

Letmebefrank
Oct 9, 2012

Entitled

Memento posted:

Counterpoint: I got some out of a sterile, sealed packet when I was in to get my gallbladder taken out. It was like a wound dressing packet, vacuum sealed, that had to be peeled apart.

But where and how it ended up in the "sterile" package?

From another hospital, with dirtier floors, smellier feet and only 30C energy saver washing cycle. Just packaged differently and with 1000x price increase. :tinfoil:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Heath posted:

Do people just get it in their heads that hospitals are corner-cutting monsters and then just start dreaming up the evil deeds they must be doing and then decide that they actually are doing those things?

I work in a hospital. I've been in the laundry department. It's kind of dire.

Those socks get washed and individually packaged up endlessly. Other peoples feets been in them shits. A racist boomers feets been in them shits. You wear the hospital socks, you now have foot-AIDS.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Heath posted:

I think that guy got hospitals and hotels mixed up for some reason

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I work in a hospital. I've been in the laundry department. It's kind of dire.

Those socks get washed and individually packaged up endlessly. Other peoples feets been in them shits. A racist boomers feets been in them shits. You wear the hospital socks, you now have foot-AIDS.

I've worked in the backends of hospitals for a decade and I have no idea what you're talking about. We get brand new tread socks from Medline every week. I spent years stocking them on the shelves. Those never go to laundry. And even the stuff that goes to laundry comes back clean - stained, often, in the case of OR scrubs and towels, but clean. Our blankets are always bleached white.

Unless you're not in the US or something and standards are different but that's never not been the case in my experience

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Get this: maybe different hospitals in different places even in the same country have different policies vis-à-vis socks? I know, it boggles the mind but it might be true!

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
What about that weird little pry bar that came out of a sterile package, that they used to re-break my nose? Is that poo poo going in an autoclave and then into someone else's face? I just wanted to keep it as a souvenir.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

why the gently caress is the meme thread of all places so exhausting to read these days

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I've got some hospital socks because I went in there and was like hey, I'm getting my leg cut off later, can I have some socks to wear until then and they gave me like five pairs. It's great. I wear em in the house, out the house, giving foot jobs, pretending to be a psych patient so I can get drugs, all kinds of poo poo

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q80rCOo8Jnw

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Get this: maybe different hospitals in different places even in the same country have different policies vis-à-vis socks? I know, it boggles the mind but it might be true!

Of course it's not out of the question that they could but hospitals reprocessing their socks of all things is not the norm by any means. Things like OR towels and bath blankets and linens get reused, not personal articles like socks. Most hospitals (in the US anyway) operate off of the same supply chain infrastructure and there are a handful of large companies like Medline that provide drat near everything a hospital uses. It really is cheaper to just buy a crate of socks you can send home with someone by the pair than to pay and insure staff to collect, clean, sort, inspect, repackage, and sterilize if necessary, something as trivial as a pair of socks when they cost the hospital something like 70 bucks for a box of 50 pairs or whatever. Which is why the vast majority of them do that.

edit: Also people are freaked out enough about the prospect of going to hospitals without worrying about getting Boomerfoot from an unwashed pair of socks, get out of here with that nonsense

Heath has a new favorite as of 09:12 on Apr 15, 2021

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

3D Megadoodoo posted:

get this, maybe you don't know what you are talking about :)

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Socks to be that guy.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Heath posted:

Of course it's not out of the question that they could but hospitals reprocessing their socks of all things is not the norm by any means. Things like OR towels and bath blankets and linens get reused, not personal articles like socks. Most hospitals (in the US anyway) operate off of the same supply chain infrastructure and there are a handful of large companies like Medline that provide drat near everything a hospital uses. It really is cheaper to just buy a crate of socks you can send home with someone by the pair than to pay and insure staff to collect, clean, sort, inspect, repackage, and sterilize if necessary, something as trivial as a pair of socks when they cost the hospital something like 70 bucks for a box of 50 pairs or whatever. Which is why the vast majority of them do that.

Look, I've played Silent Hill. I know all about these insurance scams.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Mister Speaker posted:

What about that weird little pry bar that came out of a sterile package, that they used to re-break my nose? Is that poo poo going in an autoclave and then into someone else's face? I just wanted to keep it as a souvenir.

I got my finger stitched up in urgent care last weekend after cutting through most of it, and the LPN asked if I wanted to take the forceps and cutter home, and I shoulda said yes, but I was so weirded out by the concept I was like "uh, no thank you"

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It's that day of the week again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDDT9REkRGQ

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
I have a pair of the yellow ones from getting overserved at a company christmas party and waking up in the ER with a head injury like a real idiot. Man that was the most confusing way to wake up.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

socks are condoms for your feet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Cindy doesn't actually work there, she just shows up around 12 every day to insult people's lunches.
Are you suggesting that Cindy is some new incarnation of the Ultimate Hustler?