Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

:ccp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

How is CCP this incompetent? If it wasn't for the war I would deffo win EVE again because what's left to do in null sec? The worst part is you know that CCP 100% believes that scarity is the reason we have the big rear end war currently

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I am confused by the purpose of the CSM. I was in a threadnought during t20 and saw some good changes, but I don't get it now.

Edit: :ccp: managed to nerf threadnoughts by adopting Jeff Snackwood's Discourse too. Lol, they really hate goons.

Dirk Pitt fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Apr 14, 2021

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER
To be fair look at who is on the CSM.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

CSM has been ignored by CCP for years. It's only use now is sending some of our folks to iceland and pissing other people off by muscling our people on it.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
the csm was literally just a damage control move to keep people from unsubbing
ccp doesnt give a flying gently caress about the CSM as long as you keep opening your wallets

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
Thank god ccp waited untill test was out of catch to nuke the hell out of it or you would think there was some sort of leak driving test to go west.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Baculus posted:

Well my self esteem is shot. gently caress real life, time to dive back into spaceships.

Who wants to thrash and gently caress poo poo up in T5Z?

I'm always down. My affordable care ships lost ranking is terrible so far this month, i gotta work on that. also i need some money

sry bout real life bac :(

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
How the gently caress are you supposed to raise ADMs in a constellation with no belts?

Are mining sites still tied to the belts and industry levels?

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Ngl the fact that literal industry via production/reactions/research doesn’t affect the industry ADM has always been dumb as gently caress.

Same as things like hacking not affecting the pve ratting ADM or whatever.

ADMs are supposed to be indices of activity in a system but 90% of this game doesn’t count towards any index.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

The Hambulance posted:

How the gently caress are you supposed to raise ADMs in a constellation with no belts?

Are mining sites still tied to the belts and industry levels?

Rat? Or just get hosed, I guess.

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

Stereotype posted:

they do! i have the sanguine mobile harvester that gets the corpses as well.

Wait, that's real? I thought it was a joke

Outstanding

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014
I just want to personally thank Baculus for his abyssal guide on goonfleet. As a newb who understands nothing in this game, it taught me a lot and I’m having fun doing abyssals and not dying. Thanks dude, hope your day gets better!

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

MaxPowers posted:

Thank god ccp waited untill test was out of catch to nuke the hell out of it or you would think there was some sort of leak driving test to go west.

makes u think... :tinfoil:

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Zaradis posted:

I just want to personally thank Baculus for his abyssal guide on goonfleet. As a newb who understands nothing in this game, it taught me a lot and I’m having fun doing abyssals and not dying. Thanks dude, hope your day gets better!

Aw shucks.

I should update the thread tbh.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

Baculus posted:

Aw shucks.

I've wanted to harass you to finish the loot tables since like three days after you wrote it.

Also, please make it more clear which environments each fitting is for.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I always thought Officer Spawns should be a super-ultra-rare escalation of anomalies anyway. Not something that appears in the anomaly and immediately destroys your ratting ship, but instead a "token" of sorts that you could activate (or sell) that spawns an instance of the officer at your leisure.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
once again, the bait bhaalgorn pays off for a throng of horny thrashers

https://br.evetools.org/br/6077d000a3b91900133de04a

sometimes you just have to believe in yourself as you throw your ship into the teeth of the hated enemy over and over. lucky for us, the good guys, our opposition loves throwing 4 battleships, a hac, and a million billion cynabals into our disposable artillery... gently caress yeah

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Bro what the gently caress

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Solus posted:

Bro what the gently caress

:ccp: : EvE nEeDs morE iSK SiNKs

Fqubed
Dec 12, 2013
Is that basically 2 days/copy? That's... Slow

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Fqubed posted:

Is that basically 2 days/copy? That's... Slow

Look at the price under total Job Cost and prepare to clench your buttocks

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
So... 2B ISK battleships? Due to research costs?

Fqubed
Dec 12, 2013

Mederlock posted:

Look at the price under total Job Cost and prepare to clench your buttocks

My mind was not comprehending the groupings of numbers, surely it was off by three magnitudes. SURELY

Halborn
Nov 8, 2020

So a brittle blade will shatter before it bends, so a brittle soul will break before it turns.

Ynglaur posted:

So... 2B ISK battleships? Due to research costs?

Fortunately you have to research them BPOs just once and after that they will serve you a lifetime but still costs can be insane sometimes.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

that appears to be worse than titan bpo research costs

Halborn
Nov 8, 2020

So a brittle blade will shatter before it bends, so a brittle soul will break before it turns.
You can now get 7 days of omega for taking a survey, just click the banner under your characters at the login screen.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Serious question: is CCP trying to kill the game?

Are they trying to tank it so they can buy it back from that Korean studio for cheap?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Serious question: is CCP trying to kill the game?

Are they trying to tank it so they can buy it back from that Korean studio for cheap?

with what money

they lost out on $100m of the purchase price because they couldn’t hit their targets post acquisition because they have no idea wtf they are doing

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

evilweasel posted:

with what money

they lost out on $100m of the purchase price because they couldn’t hit their targets post acquisition because they have no idea wtf they are doing

Heh, did they not meet their KPI targets? Hilarious. Who knew that full gachaification of the game would be a bad thing???

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

evilweasel posted:

with what money

I don't think we have enough insight to tell if those KPI incentives were realistic targets or stretch goals.

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

Baculus posted:

Aw shucks.

Nevermind. Now I can't stop dying in these loving abyssals. I hate this game.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Zaradis posted:

Nevermind. Now I can't stop dying in these loving abyssals. I hate this game.

One of us. One of us.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Burners in frigates seem interesting to me. Are they still economical?

I'd do abyssals, but I have poo poo luck so I never get decent drops. I've tried running T4s but I've barely broken even as eventually a room spawns that bends me over. I've tried with cookie cutter gilas and vagabonds.

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?
Every time I see some dumb reddit post about the "siege" of 1dq my eyes roll with such speed that I become a human gyroscope.

I am a strategic genius and also siege a place by half-rear end guarding only one of the several entry/exit points with a guard force that can be sent scattering by a fistful of free corvettes, and ignore that the enemy can just fuckin teleport.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Warrior Princess posted:

Every time I see some dumb reddit post about the "siege" of 1dq my eyes roll with such speed that I become a human gyroscope.

I am a strategic genius and also siege a place by half-rear end guarding only one of the several entry/exit points with a guard force that can be sent scattering by a fistful of free corvettes, and ignore that the enemy can just fuckin teleport.

Last night we successfully camped both gates in T5Z with a thrasher fleet worth less than $50m total. We killed several ships on their keepstar including a tornado, it was fun. I get on 2-3 hot drop fleets a night in that lull right around downtime, and their ansiblex network creates tons of easy cloaky dictor camping locations. We’ve snagged a few freighters in the past week.

They’re really stretching out these final keepstars outside of the 1DQ constellation because it’s plainly obvious they can’t let us stay here, but they also can’t force us to go without sacrificing at least 30T in supercaps.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Floppychop posted:

Burners in frigates seem interesting to me. Are they still economical?

I'd do abyssals, but I have poo poo luck so I never get decent drops. I've tried running T4s but I've barely broken even as eventually a room spawns that bends me over. I've tried with cookie cutter gilas and vagabonds.

frat is in control of all the good venal space and various russians are in control of all the good stain space to run them. there is considerable infrastructure required to make them good isk

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

double post: can someone post a high res of the ISRAD bee from the forums

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Stereotype posted:

Last night we successfully camped both gates in T5Z with a thrasher fleet worth less than $50m total. We killed several ships on their keepstar including a tornado, it was fun. I get on 2-3 hot drop fleets a night in that lull right around downtime, and their ansiblex network creates tons of easy cloaky dictor camping locations. We’ve snagged a few freighters in the past week.

They’re really stretching out these final keepstars outside of the 1DQ constellation because it’s plainly obvious they can’t let us stay here, but they also can’t force us to go without sacrificing at least 30T in supercaps.

I really don't understand why they don't. I mean, they'll lose 30T in supers, but likely we will as well. Why *wouldn't* you want to be in a 60T battle? If they want to hurt us, losing 30T of supers will definitely hurt us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Ynglaur posted:

I really don't understand why they don't. I mean, they'll lose 30T in supers, but likely we will as well. Why *wouldn't* you want to be in a 60T battle? If they want to hurt us, losing 30T of supers will definitely hurt us.

Our threat to primary a single enemy alliance. We lose 30T we hurt. TEST loses 30T of titans, they hurrrrrrrrt.