Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

White Sox/Royals rained out, and possibly other games as well https://rotogrinders.com/weather/mlb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I was pretty much cruising to something like a 10-2 win all week and then my opponent's Joe Musgrove threw basically a perfect game. Baseball!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
My oppo this week is kicking my rear end even though he benched JD Martinez today. Karma doesn't exist.

edit: LOL I won 2 categories on that Will Smith inning. owned

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Apr 12, 2021

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Dear Yahoo, please fix your poo poo. Thanks.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
The Red Sox-Twins game is PPD due to civil unrest, if your platform will let you still take your players out. (ESPN will not)

coronaball fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Apr 12, 2021

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Guys I regret drafting (so far), volume 2,931:

Mike Yastrzemski -- I foresee a recovery, at least I hope

Jordan Hicks -- he has a 0.00 ERA but no saves and one hold in 4.1 innings (I thought he'd close more games)

Bobby Dalbec -- Tempted to bail on him but I have him in a 20-team league so it's slim pickings on the wire. Travis Shaw is the #1 pick up available right now, but I've been burned by Shaw before and don't trust his production will hold.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I don't understand what the Cardinals are doing with their closer given they've already said they wanted Reyes to start again next year? I guess they just gave up on that?

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Reyes has an innings limit of 100 IP so they don't want him starting all year.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Schweinhund posted:

Reyes has an innings limit of 100 IP so they don't want him starting all year.

I know they don't want him starting this year but it just seems like making him the closer means he'll throw way fewer innings than they would want him to.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

CocoaNuts posted:

Guys I regret drafting (so far), volume 2,931:

Mike Yastrzemski -- I foresee a recovery, at least I hope

Jordan Hicks -- he has a 0.00 ERA but no saves and one hold in 4.1 innings (I thought he'd close more games)

Bobby Dalbec -- Tempted to bail on him but I have him in a 20-team league so it's slim pickings on the wire. Travis Shaw is the #1 pick up available right now, but I've been burned by Shaw before and don't trust his production will hold.

Yaz got drilled by a pitch on his hand and now he's awful. I hope he does recover soon. If not he's hiding an injury.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

General Bullshit posted:

Yaz got drilled by a pitch on his hand and now he's awful. I hope he does recover soon. If not he's hiding an injury.

My thinking is he is either injured or scared of the ball hitting his hand again.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Maybe he'll continue to be hot every second start, at least?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Kirk had been 0 for the season so of course he hits a homer the day I drop him.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Yahoo's decision-making when you tell it to start active players is truly loving baffling.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I have yermin, and baddoo in a league and nothing will ever go wrong. No they aren’t both Chris Shelton

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

I don't think I'm winning my pitching categories this week.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
So I guess I just have to find a spot for Baddoo every day, huh? Also I'm so loving mad at myself for freezing up and drafting Brandon Lowe.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It's time to give up on Austin Riley right?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

mcmagic posted:

It's time to give up on Austin Riley right?

I dropped him in one Yahoo league. Still holding in a couple others. The power is legit and man, if he's batting 5th in that lineup and hitting dingers.... But yeah I think he might just suck. Zero XBH this year, bad K/BB ratio, 50% groundball/ 19% flyball. .230 career hitter.

Braves don't have much behind him at 3rd: Panda and Ehire Adrianza. So Riley's playing time seems secure unless he really tanks. Which he is doing so far.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

If you want Chris Davis 2.0 on your team Riley is your guy.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Marco Gonzales jesus you suck

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Byron Buxton is injured, well blow me down with a feather.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I'd say that Laureano's leg is healed. :stare:

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

yea, is ramon trying to break henderson's records? crazy stuff going on with him.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

abelwingnut posted:

yea, is ramon trying to break henderson's records? crazy stuff going on with him.

LOL I picked him up the day after the draft because I had forgotten that he existed and he's going to win me the league.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Guess who owns Drew Smyly in every league?? *points at self with both thumbs, strains forearm, goes on the IL* This guy

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Giolito destroyed my pitching ratios for the week and it's barely 9 AM on Monday morning!

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

coronaball posted:

Giolito destroyed my pitching ratios for the week and it's barely 9 AM on Monday morning!

:hfive:

Thanks a lot, loving Patriots Day.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Kyle Lewis is back today, hurray.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
12 team roto, standard categories, what do you guys think of this:

I give: Rhys Hoskins, Craig Kimbrel, Hector Neris

I get: Gerrit Cole, Luke Voit

I have Hosmer to sub in for Rhys, and I'll probably use the extra roster spot for streaming. If I do this I'll have no closers, but on the other hand, I will have Gerrit Cole.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Monday_ posted:

I have Hosmer to sub in for Rhys, and I'll probably use the extra roster spot for streaming. If I do this I'll have no closers, but on the other hand, I will have Gerrit Cole.

I would 100 percent do that. Voit is an upgrade and about 3 weeks away from return and Cole is a top player.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Monday_ posted:

you absolutely do this 10000 times out of 10000 times. you are getting arguably the best pitcher in baseball for loving nothing.

jesus christ, that is a steal and i would imagine every manager who isn't in this trade will veto this with the force of a thousand suns. good luck explaining that isn't collusion.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Monday_ posted:

Do this immediately and prepare for a furious backlash from the rest if the league.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Monday_ posted:

I assume that this is a proposal that you are considering sending out and that the person receiving it will laugh in your face.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
sounds like Mondesi is still 3 weeks away :/

https://twitter.com/JoshVernier610/status/1384656704424484869

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Julio Urias. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luis Castillo. BLAH!!!

Connor Brogdon. gently caress!!!!!!!!!

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Is Zach Plesac incapable of beating the White Sox? Woof.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

plesac just isn't very good. he was pretty lucky last season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Do you all use a weekly moves cap in your leagues? Our cap is 7 transactions per week and this guy is Real Mad because he already hit it and can't fill a full lineup with all his injuries.