Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Chris Knight posted:

go vegetarian and meet your beet

i had some beets recently that i made borscht with. it was good they made it a nice color

i've heard beet juice stains wonderfully and is difficult to remove so i was careful when i ate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Whenever I eat beetroot it always makes me think I'm dying of internal bleeding or something the next day.

same as when I once drank like 2 litres of tomato juice on a weekend

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Endless Mike posted:

imagine having any kind of range but gas lmao

My dream forever house will have gas, but it's not been an option in places I've lived. I feel lucky to have it in my current rental (even though the range is kinda a piece of poo poo)

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

"now you're cookin with gas" i say as i fart onto the pan on the stove

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

i got my first shot and it knocked me out. fell asleep on the couch, went to bed, slept nine hours, and still woke up tired. lotta muscle aches too. one really strange thing was it made a bunch of old healed muscle injuries flare up again

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Moderna #2 trip report: slept marvelously and woke up with severe discomfort at the injection site. Arm hurts when lifting it more than a few inches but otherwise I'm feeling fine.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Cat Face Joe posted:

i got my first shot and it knocked me out. fell asleep on the couch, went to bed, slept nine hours, and still woke up tired. lotta muscle aches too. one really strange thing was it made a bunch of old healed muscle injuries flare up again

that was the rare blood clotting syndrome taking effect

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Cat Face Joe posted:

this happened to me too, like big bruises in places i had previously injured a long, LONG time ago

i get dose #2 today and i'm pretty excited to basically lie in bed for the next 4 days

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

hahaahahahah hell yeah, things are going great

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

it's worth it to get mozzarella sticks again

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

i saw a serious man on the news recently saying things are pretty grim on account of one of the new variants infecting children much easier. that seems cool.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

new cases and deaths right now in the us are still as bad as they were last summer but i guess it’s not cool to take it seriously any more

Apr 7, 2003

fart simpson posted:

i saw a serious man on the news recently saying things are pretty grim on account of one of the new variants infecting children much easier. that seems cool.

It absolutely coincides with jamming kids back in school, the people going to ICUs are in the parents of school-aged kids bracket.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

not only infecting children, but causing more severe symptoms

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

the hospital my wife works at is mandating nursing shifts again. she’s picking up a few to pitch in. it’s hosed up.

Apr 7, 2003

Allegheny General Hospital just opened a clinic specifically to study people reporting long haul covid symptoms.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

my aunt's hospital is making their airborne infectious ward permanent

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

looking forward to the bipartisan cuts to welfare when this is all over

"we racked up a huge debt during this pandemic and we* need to pay that debt off"

* you

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i like to add beets to bread dough

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Allegheny General Hospital just opened a clinic specifically to study people reporting long haul covid symptoms.
Apparently getting vaccinated has helped a lot of people with long-haul symptoms which is interesting

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
https://twitter.com/KamilKaramali/status/1382695250699952131?s=20

things are going great here too

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
It's cool how we developed effective vaccines in a heroically short space of time, and yet it's still going to kill more americans than every war in US history combined

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Jabor posted:

It's cool how we developed effective vaccines in a heroically short space of time, and yet it's still going to kill more americans than every war in US history combined

surely we could start referring to it as a war on the virus, as is our nature

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i said it on day one of this bullshit and i’ll keep saying it every time it comes up: this isn’t a problem that we can solve by shooting or bombing and therefore is impossible for us to handle

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Jabor posted:

only if you don't count the civil war, though it's a weirdly appropriate comparison because this is also basically americans killing americans

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i said it on day one of this bullshit and i’ll keep saying it every time it comes up: this isn’t a problem that we can solve by shooting or bombing and therefore is impossible for us to handle

also the set of problems that can be solved by shooting and bombing are much smaller than the set of problems that people believe can be solved by shooting and bombing

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Remember a few years ago when that one company invented a solution to school shootings: a giant remote controlled cannon on wheels that shoots a hole in the school wall so the SWAT team can get in

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

PCjr sidecar posted:

also the set of problems that can be solved by shooting and bombing are much smaller than the set of problems that people believe can be solved by shooting and bombing

america is that soldier in movies who keeps shooting at the robot/monster/supervillain even though it's obvious bullets do nothing he's just gotta keep firing

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

or the bulletproof plates to put in their backpacks

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

qirex posted:

america is that soldier in movies who keeps shooting at the robot/monster/supervillain even though it's obvious bullets do nothing he's just gotta keep firing

my eyes! the bullets do nothing!

Apr 7, 2003

Fabricated posted:

Apparently getting vaccinated has helped a lot of people with long-haul symptoms which is interesting

I've got to wonder how much of long haul covid is just a psychosomatic reaction to being gaslit by your government and media about a killer virus.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

haveblue posted:

we should probably try to find an alternative to maintaining continuous feeds of highly volatile material into everyone's house

i am in a residential tower built 2016 - we just have CO detectors in the kitchens that are hard wired to the fire department, like the smoke detectors are.

they’ll also alert the front desk if they go off.

yearly fire sprinkler inspection includes the smoke detectors and co detectors.

so far i have found it p easy to avoid burning the place down.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Target Track Jacket posted:

Moderna #2 trip report: slept marvelously and woke up with severe discomfort at the injection site. Arm hurts when lifting it more than a few inches but otherwise I'm feeling fine.

high chance of rain has rescheduled my shot that was to happen today for monday.

arm feels fine tho!

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

It is becoming laughable how much my muscle hurts any time I lift my arm aaaaaa (dats me yellin)

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i've heard from a few people they felt real miserable for a day or 2 after the second shot and i look forward to using it as an excuse to not work for those days. i hope i can get the second shot on a wednesday.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
hoverwife ran a fever the day after the second jibble

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i've heard from a few people they felt real miserable for a day or 2 after the second shot and i look forward to using it as an excuse to not work for those days. i hope i can get the second shot on a wednesday.

everyone i know who had a real bad day after the second shot got moderna. the pfizer people just felt kind of tired at worst

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

haveblue posted:

we should probably try to find an alternative to maintaining continuous feeds of highly volatile material into everyone's house
Well you could just not invite me jeez

Apr 7, 2003

I got moderna and I just felt a bit run down and tired after my second shot. Nothing major.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

PokeJoe posted:

it's worth it to get mozzarella sticks again

its funny because its true