Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will/did you start SaGa Frontier Remastered with?
Riki
Blue
Red
T260g
Emilia
Asellus
Lute
Fuse
View Results

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

prolly just set up a full boundshot team, no?

I don't have a super clear memory but that would probably do it, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

prolly just set up a full boundshot team, no?

That would work for round 1, but he doesn't like seeing the same combo twice

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, i have no recollection of that boss.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Ace Transmuter posted:

That would work for round 1, but he doesn't like seeing the same combo twice

Thanks to the previous effort post for reminding me that Heavy Weapons combo with pretty much anything, including themselves.

What I don't remember is if you're forced to use Riki in that fight, which is going to throw things off until you figure out what monster techs combo best with the above

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I gotta ask, is the doctor's name Nusakan or Nusa Khan

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Riki is required for that fight. However the secret is that while it doesn't like seeing the entire combo again, parts of the combo will still count as new. So you can cut off one of the ends of a level 5 combo to make a level 4 or make a level 3 out of the first, middle, or last three attacks.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm pretty sure there are some monster skills that combo like gun skills.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

quote:

Fully Interchangeable Comboers, List 1 (Instant Stop): 35 Total

Sword:
HardSlash
StillStream
ThunderThrust

Gun:
BoundShot
CrossShot

Martial Arts:
Fist
GoldHand
RollingCradle
Sliding

Alkaiser:
Al-Blaster
Al-Phoenix
FlashTurn
KaiserWing
Re-Al-Phoenix

Item-Inherent:
IronclogShot
Kusanagi

Heavy Weapon:
*HyperionBazooka*
*SonicCannon*

Mec Parts:
AT Missile
Graviton

Mec Programs:
HammerCrush
TigerRampage

Monster:
Beak
BoomerangHook
CentipedeCrush
Chop
Headbutt
Kusanagi
MightyCyclone
Tackle

Mystic:
GrapeShot
Spiders
TigerRampage

Shadow Magic:
DarkSphere

Evil Magic:
RavaShot
So apparently you can use fist 4x and beak.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Leraika posted:

I gotta ask, is the doctor's name Nusakan or Nusa Khan

I've been wondering this as well. I'm doing Emilia's scenario first so I can't recruit him myself yet.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
If you're looking to make BoundShot work you can start the combo off with Thunderbolt which is easily learnable from Genbu's in the Yorkland swamp to make Thunderbolt->BoundShot->BoundShot->BoundShot->BoundShot.

From there, you can also split that into
Thunderbolt->BoundShot->BoundShot->BoundShot and
BoundShot->Boundshot->BoundShot->BoundShot for level 4 combos and

Thunderbolt->BoundShot->BoundShot or
BoundShot->BoundShot->BoundShot for level 3s. This should give you more than enough points.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I play video-games to get away from algorithms.

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

I picked up Unlimited Saga in the UK when it was first released, it had a nice box AND included a demo for FFX-2

To this day I still don't get how the battle system worked and thus never finished any of the character stories.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

dude789 posted:

If you're looking to make BoundShot work you can start the combo off with Thunderbolt which is easily learnable from Genbu's in the Yorkland swamp to make Thunderbolt->BoundShot->BoundShot->BoundShot->BoundShot.

From there, you can also split that into
Thunderbolt->BoundShot->BoundShot->BoundShot and
BoundShot->Boundshot->BoundShot->BoundShot for level 4 combos and

Thunderbolt->BoundShot->BoundShot or
BoundShot->BoundShot->BoundShot for level 3s. This should give you more than enough points.

That'll get you past Virgil no problem, but it won't get you the trophy/achievement that was mentioned, which requires getting through the fight in two rounds. The only way to do that is by doing level 5 combo both rounds.

Luckily, both Thunderbolt and WaterCannon double as monster techs, so you shouldn't even need to go through the process of learning Boundshot on everyone.

Alternatively, you can find a monster tech that chains with BoltThrowers, but I would not recommend doing that with headphones on

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Pack it up, game is ruined.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Vier posted:

I picked up Unlimited Saga in the UK when it was first released, it had a nice box AND included a demo for FFX-2

To this day I still don't get how the battle system worked and thus never finished any of the character stories.

Dammit I want that.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

If anyone's having trouble getting the PC version to go fullscreen, add -popupwindow to the game's launch settings in Steam or a shortcut to force borderless fullscreen

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Oh my god I forgot about the martial arts tournament in Emilia's scenario, specifically that all the monsters are wearing little masks :3:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
What's a good spot to to fight robots so all my mechs can learn techs?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

No Wave posted:

Pack it up, game is ruined.

Why? Did they change the name? Cost? I don't remember the originals for either

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Name, that sword used to be called Asura.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Vier posted:

I also have this, except I got mine used and it's missing the demo disc. It was the first SaGa game I tried to play, which was not a smart move

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Oh, apparently they confirmed on the launch livestream that they're remastering SaGa Frontier 2, Unlimited SaGa, and Romancing SaGa (I'm unclear if they meant the original or Minstrel Song), as well as working on a new SaGa title.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

TurnipFritter posted:

Oh, apparently they confirmed on the launch livestream that they're remastering SaGa Frontier 2, Unlimited SaGa, and Romancing SaGa (I'm unclear if they meant the original or Minstrel Song), as well as working on a new SaGa title.

Whoah whoah holy poo poo what

God that's incredible news! I was a bit surprised at Unlimited SaGa but looking at the reception, I guess it was only the west that gave it terrible reviews. I guess it was pretty well received in Japan.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

TurnipFritter posted:

!!

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

TurnipFritter posted:

:sickos:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I wonder about the new title... Honestly I would love if they keep doing the no dungeons thing Scarlet Graces did but of course the series loves to switch it up constantly so~

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

TurnipFritter posted:

Chaos reigns, and I love it.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Lolololol Liza has DSC locked so early, she's at like 239/38 HP/WP why is she so OP its amazing

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

TurnipFritter posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07NrOqIVrGk&t=9329s
Here's the timecode for where they talked about it on the stream.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

MonsieurChoc posted:

What's a good spot to to fight robots so all my mechs can learn techs?

There's a dungeon in Shingrow full of them, I'm pretty sure it's the Ruins in the upper left corner of the map

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I still can't believe this remaster is real. I hope we get SaGa 1-3 remasters next.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

TurnipFritter posted:

What :eyepop: holy poo poo it's just going to be a neverending SaGa party

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

TurnipFritter posted:

Absolutely incredible.

A Minstrel Song remaster would be a dream come true, and SF2 might finally get me to complete it.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
this happened because i decided to finally play the saga series this year, you're welcome

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

What if they meant Minstrel Song, what if we get a widescreen HD Minstrel Song remaster... will my heart be able to take it......

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Harrow posted:

What if they meant Minstrel Song, what if we get a widescreen HD Minstrel Song remaster... will my heart be able to take it......

getting to see the opening song intro that way...

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlEMWnT51rM

already listening to this and ascending to the goddamn astral plane

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

hey it's me

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Relax Or DIE posted:

this happened because i decided to finally play the saga series this year, you're welcome

thank you for your service

Harrow posted:

What :eyepop: holy poo poo it's just going to be a neverending SaGa party

the party will stop eventually, but until it does we'll be eating for a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

And with this, we'll have literally every SaGa game remastered, right? All in the last 5 years or so. All we're missing is...Imperial SaGa and Emperors SaGa. Both of which effectively seem like spinoffs.