Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Junkenstein posted:

Enjoying this new addition to the universe.

Courtney Cox once played a super-hero on Misfits of Science so I could totally see a Friends Avengers team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

I really want to be like Bucky and answer every text message with “Winter Soldier is go”

https://twitter.com/maxiekat/status/1379064176677687304

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Everyone posted:

Courtney Cox once played a super-hero on Misfits of Science so I could totally see a Friends Avengers team.

Avengers Civil War is now Avengers We were on a break

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

In an alternate timeline Jon Favreau accepts the role of Chandler Bing and the MCU never gets off the ground

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

Jet Jaguar posted:

I really want to be like Bucky and answer every text message with “Winter Soldier is go”

https://twitter.com/maxiekat/status/1379064176677687304
I really, really need to pick up the squirrel girl trades. And that actual book too, those pages made me laugh.

Also I figured Zemo was just rich and connected enough to wind up in a prison that wasn't going to be high security enough to hold him and he just hadn't found a reason to break out until now.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

MiddleOne posted:

When super soldiers re-appear out of nowhere you go to the guy who staked his life at ending super soldiers as a concept. That part makes sense.

Oh yeah that bit makes sense, but it's where Zemo says "fortunately for you guys, I have a lead" and it's like dude you've been in prison for 7 years you have no idea what the state of the world is or where anyone is. Unless he's been keeping up to speed with the world from his prison cell because he's Batman.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Everyone posted:

If it's Zola the AI behind it, he probably hacked/possessed the robot bodyguard. At which point the person who knows Zola best would be Bucky. When your kid gets kidnapped by Arnim Zola, robot rear end in a top hat, you don't call your friendly neighborhood Spider Boy, you call James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes, who knows Zola and how he operates and is also one of the deadliest people on the planet to get her back from him. At which point the Nu-HYDRA corpses begin to pile up and maybe we get some scenes with Bucky and Morgan like the ones with Jason Statham and the baby on the plane in Fate of the Furious.

Shoot 'Em Up with Clive Owens had some similar stuff, and it was a really fun movie. Bucky getting Tony's kid back would be interesting, especially since Pepper still has her suit for backup. Getting Paltrow back would be the only hurdle.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

seaborgium posted:

Shoot 'Em Up with Clive Owens had some similar stuff, and it was a really fun movie. Bucky getting Tony's kid back would be interesting, especially since Pepper still has her suit for backup. Getting Paltrow back would be the only hurdle.

And she probably calls Rhodey "Uncle James."

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

seaborgium posted:

Shoot 'Em Up with Clive Owens had some similar stuff, and it was a really fun movie.

The best bugs bunny vs elmer fudd cartoon

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Alchenar posted:

Oh yeah that bit makes sense, but it's where Zemo says "fortunately for you guys, I have a lead" and it's like dude you've been in prison for 7 years you have no idea what the state of the world is or where anyone is. Unless he's been keeping up to speed with the world from his prison cell because he's Batman.

Prisoners in maximum security federal prisons can smuggle in burners through all sorts of means, but Zemo is extravagantly wealthy. Prison guards are the most corrupt people in law enforcement, they are the scum of the earth. Zemo probably has 5G in his cell.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
to be honest in prison he's probably better informed about the criminal sphere he taps for info than he would be anywhere else.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Yeah, people leave and enter prison all the time, often people associated with crime.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo
I just re-watched the latest episode (drat that blood-on-the-Shield shot was awesome) and I liked that after's Zemo "Supremacy speech" when he lumped Nazis, Ultron and the Avengers together when Sam said "Hey those are our friends" Bucky felt the need to clarify that said friends were the Avengers and not the Nazis.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Azhais posted:

The best bugs bunny vs elmer fudd cartoon

Shoot Em Up, Crank 2, and Drive Angry make up my personal action movie Trilogy of Taste. Can we be friends if you don’t enjoy them? Sure. But not best friends.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Bust Rodd posted:

Prisoners in maximum security federal prisons can smuggle in burners through all sorts of means, but Zemo is extravagantly wealthy. Prison guards are the most corrupt people in law enforcement, they are the scum of the earth. Zemo probably has 5G in his cell.

How different is German prison to the US prison? Are they in the same lovely conditions? (but yeah, Zemon is rich and probably prison feels like a hotel room for him).

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nikumatic posted:

Shoot Em Up, Crank 2, and Drive Angry make up my personal action movie Trilogy of Taste. Can we be friends if you don’t enjoy them? Sure. But not best friends.

We’re best friends now

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Hobo Clown posted:

In an alternate timeline Jon Favreau accepts the role of Chandler Bing and the MCU never gets off the ground

Or Matt Perry directs Iron Man after a disappointing career in bad pilots.

I also want to say Wyatt Russell is doing a great job as Douche Captain America. Even that seen where he is talking to the Dora Milaje there is a false and sleazy humility that he portrays not only on point but in a way that real contrasts with Chris Evan's earnest sweetness.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Playing Gutter in PCU was really the peak of Favreau's acting career

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Desperado Bones posted:

How different is German prison to the US prison? Are they in the same lovely conditions? (but yeah, Zemon is rich and probably prison feels like a hotel room for him).

Absolutely not. US prisons are meant for psychological torture in ways that are too subtle for anyone to recognize whereas most European like Germany’s are designed for actual rehabilitation and release into modern society. Sweden’s prison is a legit apartment complex.

As far as I know a US prison isn’t even allowed to say or refer to their programs as rehabilitation anymore.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Desperado Bones posted:

American prison is worse. Prison rape doesn't exist in every country like it does in America.

and this

Anita Dickinme posted:

Absolutely not. US prisons are meant for psychological torture in ways that are too subtle for anyone to recognize whereas most European like Germany’s are designed for actual rehabilitation and release into modern society. Sweden’s prison is a legit apartment complex.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
There's any number of videos on youtube comparing American and German (and lots of European nations) prison systems

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Hobo Clown posted:

In this universe, Amazing Spider-Man 3 gets made.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Anita Dickinme posted:

As far as I know a US prison isn’t even allowed to say or refer to their programs as rehabilitation anymore.

That explains why security felt so relaxed (and how Zemo got that card so easily and was able to have a chill breakout).

I won't mention prisons in my country cuz they are actual shitholes where you can come out a better criminal.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Is it true that German prisoners get a liter of beer every day?

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence

Desperado Bones posted:

That explains why security felt so relaxed (and how Zemo got that card so easily and was able to have a chill breakout).

I won't mention prisons in my country cuz they are actual shitholes where you can come out a better criminal.

they still aren't exactly super easy to escape, but technically any given prisoner is probably of sounder mental and physical health so they're better positioned to attempt it at least.

that last thing is is true of most prison systems, even the humane ones. it's sort of just a reality of putting people of similar dispositions together - if you hung out in a sewing circle 18 hours a day, you'd get better at knitting eventually.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Desperado Bones posted:

It also might be extra security. Zemo was in the Super-Super Max part, so to make it harder to escape maybe the only exit is through the rest of the prison. If someone from the CIA or Wakanda wanted to question him they'd have to go through the rest of it too. More people and guards to see him and go "Hey, dudes escaping, lock that poo poo down".

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

This talk about prison has been surprisingly enlightening.

Rockstar Massacre posted:

that last thing is is true of most prison systems, even the humane ones. it's sort of just a reality of putting people of similar dispositions together - if you hung out in a sewing circle 18 hours a day, you'd get better at knitting eventually.

Yeah, it's not unheard of, I dunno, a random street thief coming out turned in to sicario :psyduck: by the way, narcos have a lot of liberties in prison. From getting cable TV, internet, and whatever food they want. Hell,long ago a neighbor's husband turned out to be a loving pedo and bought everyone in prison by gifting them Christmas dinners (he died of a sudden heart attack like 3 days or a week after he was set free for good behavior, if that makes everyone feel better).

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Desperado Bones posted:

So you're in the US?

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Zemo also points out that he was snapped for five of those years

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Floppychop posted:

So you're in the US?

Mexico.

Is probably like the US...but worse in a certain specific way.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

live with fruit posted:

Casting Katherine Langford as older Morgan does seem to suggest that they have some ideas for her.
God I hope it's just something like a supporting role in Ironheart as like a fellow MIT student where she acknowledges that while she's Tony's daughter she's not Tony Jr. or anything.

Hobo Clown posted:

This is a weird way to learn about this particular trivia.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

We end up with a Perry led Sorkin written Iron Man instead.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I’m going to buy Tony Starks cave and turn it into my ping-pong room!

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Cage Kicker posted:

Wonder if that counts as time served

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Cage Kicker posted:

Wait, when does he do this? I legit missed this, and I feel like this is this first time this has been brought up.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

thrawn527 posted:

Wait, when does he do this? I legit missed this, and I feel like this is this first time this has been brought up.

Yeah, I don't recall it either and Bruhl says in interview that he thinks of Zemo as someone who's been cooped up in a cell for 7 years, so he'd take the opportunity of a nightclub to cut loose and dance.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

I was thinking about why Tony gave an fleet of murder drones to a teenager, and I realized because he thought that Parker would be smart enough not to use it. Tony knew Parker wouldn't use it unless like, the entire Kree Empire was invading earth or Inferno was happening. Though he underestimated what a wiener Peter is and didn't think that maybe he'll give it away to some rando.

Peter didn't turn to dust and just came back to watch his mentor die. Had he been in better frame of mind aka spending five years playing babysitter for Morgan while being a freshly minted adult it wouldn't had happened. But Peter was still suffering from shock and it would be insulting to make Steve take over for what Nick Fury wanted to do

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I imagine after Homecoming Tony had faith that even if Peter screwed up, that he had the conviction to do the right thing afterwards no matter how difficult anyway; not just that Peter wouldn't misuse the technology.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Cage Kicker posted:

Yeah, when? He's definitely not said either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Anita Dickinme posted:

I haven't really looked at the issue as an American, but that seems insane to me. Prisons aren't garbage bins. The people you "throw away" will usually come back. A non-violent burglar/car thief/pickpocket/drug dealer goes away for a few years and gets raped/abused/brutalized. He also gets informal lessons on how to be a "better" criminal. So he comes back harder and more brutal and determined to not get sent back. So when he commits his next crimes, he's more careful about the evidence. And makes sure to avoid or kill any witnesses. So he won't go back. Or he just shoots it out with cops so he won't get sent back. None of those seem like good outcomes for anyone involved - except maybe the prison/private prison industry.