Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

This is brilliant.
"buccaneer David Frost" sums up all you need to know about the mind of the writer.

happyhippy has issued a correction as of 15:40 on Apr 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I want one of their big hats okay

My brother in law used to be one of the people in the big fuzzy hats. They have to wash and condition them (because they're real bear skin), and one time he used a hair dryer with a diffuser and his hat looked like a giant pompom.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Wolfsbane posted:

My brother in law used to be one of the people in the big fuzzy hats. They have to wash and condition them (because they're real bear skin), and one time he used a hair dryer with a diffuser and his hat looked like a giant pompom.

So are they supposed to be old-school grenadiers? As I understand it those were the big guys who would often wear tall hats to look larger and more intimidating.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
This guy is Scottish labour and lol actually.offering policies is cheating

https://twitter.com/dhothersall/status/1382710996507181057?s=19

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Hmm remind me what's kier's labour's plan to get that stuff without a northern independence referendum?

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

shirts and skins posted:

So are they supposed to be old-school grenadiers? As I understand it those were the big guys who would often wear tall hats to look larger and more intimidating.

Yeah, the Grenadier Guards is one of the main regiments they're transferred from.

A lot of tourists seem to think they're not allowed to move or react when on duty and treat them like they're human statues. This isn't true and if you gently caress around you will find out. They're still professional soldiers carrying loaded rifles. I think this is why they're a bit more separated from the public these days (and covid too I guess).

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

is northern independence for Scotland ??

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jose posted:

This guy is Scottish labour and lol actually.offering policies is cheating

https://twitter.com/dhothersall/status/1382710996507181057?s=19

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

gonadic io posted:

Hmm remind me what's kier's labour's plan to get that stuff without a northern independence referendum?

no one ever gained political power by making promises to improve the material conditions of the voters, silly. obviously the best way to get people to vote labour is to tell them they don't need it, they're idiots for asking and also to support unconditionally everything the government does.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
oh, and purging the party of anyone that disagrees, because otherwise the electorate will never consider your commitment to antisemitism genuine

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
"Labour realist" has to be one of the biggest red flags short of "race realist"

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

https://twitter.com/dhothersall/status/1321839372346576896

https://twitter.com/dhothersall/status/1352651588012285955

https://twitter.com/dhothersall/status/1328961096854757379

https://twitter.com/dhothersall/status/1378291123811201024

https://twitter.com/dhothersall/status/1346021296937832450

the man is just a factory for these takes

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

*very DnDishly* actually promising to improve material conditions is impossibly, you must simply call them racist

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

in principle murdering a million people for oil and military services contracting was good, it was simply let down by suboptimal strategy

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
i stand at the pearly gates with saint peter looking down on me in disgust, with tens of thousands of iraqi children souls behind him glaring furiously. "ah," i say "but sure start"

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

CoolCab posted:

i stand at the pearly gates with saint peter looking down on me in disgust, with tens of thousands of iraqi children souls behind him glaring furiously. "ah," i say "but sure start"

https://twitter.com/dhothersall/status/673305339807334400

https://twitter.com/dhothersall/status/672482271362981890

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

he has sent out 260,000 tweets

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

He's such a nobody that even with 260,000 inflammatory tweets he's never been ratioed

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

“Labor realist” lmao

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

euphronius posted:

“Labor realist” lmao

gotta use the U here as it's a proper name, it's the party who is being "realistic" not organized labour. Labour and labour haven't been this divorced in my lifetime.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

CoolCab posted:

gotta use the U here as it's a proper name, it's the party who is being "realistic" not organized labour. Labour and labour haven't been this divorced in my lifetime.

No u

thanks for the clarification tho I actually did think he meant like organized labor

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

euphronius posted:

No u

thanks for the clarification tho I actually did think he meant like organized labor

yeah those guys are VERY split on starmer and the opinions are tanking all the time. there are tons of corrupt and shady interactions between Labour and the biggest unions (particularly Unison and er, either GMB or Unite i always get this confused) which allowed labour right dickheads into positions of power and influence who love starmer, but do so increasingly against the membership. the more radical (read: good) unions are already cutting their donations and trashing him as the clown he is.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
this is the bit after quelaag right

anyway I reckon there should be a royal account that retweets you if you get ratiod a hundred times in defence of er maj

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

What does Labour Realist even mean? They need to go further right to be viable or I voted for Starmer and I can't acknowledge I made a mistake.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Tewdrig posted:

Boris Johnson reminds me of an 11 year old who just makes poo poo up. this is why any problems that occur are actually the fault of other people.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

An insane mind posted:

What does Labour Realist even mean? They need to go further right to be viable or I voted for Starmer and I can't acknowledge I made a mistake.

As far as I can tell it's mostly about saying that Corbyn promising better things was unrealistic and foolish, so the latter I guess.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

An insane mind posted:

It means the policies he supports are flags and crackdowns.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

An insane mind posted:

Better 👏 things 👏 aren't 👏 possible.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

bedpan posted:

he has sent out 260,000 tweets

i think that might be more posts than fishmech managed

SENTIENT HOUSEMEAT
Oct 14, 2016

A thinking, breathing house? You're mad!

You could come up with a more compassionate, less loving pigeon-brained set of takes just by allowing some moss to fall on a keyboard.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

An insane mind posted:

hes a red tory, hth

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

An insane mind posted:

There's a certain type of dumbass who thinks that "realism" as in "responding to new information with adjusting your plans" is an ideological commitment that you can simply make and stick to, and that by default most people are incapable of doing this without making an explicit public commitment to it. Convinced that they're "realistic" as opposed to the "idealists" who are the default, these people are the apex of gullibility and stubbornness.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

This would make a cracking magical realist one-off drama about a scumbag London journalist whose loathsome imaginings take on a physical form.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Dr Pepper posted:

Better 👏 things 👏 aren't 👏 possible.

It's this. Naive optimists foolishly hope for a better world: Realists understand that its all about managing the inevitable decline.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Pistol_Pete posted:

This would make a cracking magical realist one-off drama about a scumbag London journalist whose loathsome imaginings take on a physical form.

lol

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005
Don't take me for an ordinary man

Pistol_Pete posted:

Basically this, no?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
the most famous magical realist work I can think of starts with a firing squad so probably 2022, 2023 latest

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

90s Cringe Rock posted:

the most famous magical realist work I can think of starts with a firing squad so probably 2022, 2023 latest

owl creek bridge?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

owl creek bridge?
one hundred years of brexit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

SENTIENT HOUSEMEAT posted:

You could come up with a more compassionate, less loving pigeon-brained set of takes just by allowing some moss to fall on a keyboard.

Moss is a pleasant soft friend OP, this is no surprise