Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

HerraS posted:

they had to release kalisto before he beats the poo poo out of any more of the racists on the roster

wasnt that sin cara

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Samuray del Sol is about to reunite with his long lost brother Fuego

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

John Dudebro posted:

aew should sign billie kay solely for BTE. she can wrestle if she wants but weird comedy is her true strength

true but i mean, seeing what dustin and aew in general did with tay makes me think that they just dont train women wrestlers for poo poo in wwe, maybe she could figure out a good in ring style to compliment her character work and be entertaining in and out of the ring in aew

but aew can't keep signing everyone so who knows

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Vandar posted:

No way Peyton sticks around when her contract is up. Her bestie is gone and her husband is in AEW, I can see her leaving the first chance she gets.

AEW should and probably will make a move on Mickie. She's still good in the ring and she has a ton to offer backstage.

Mickie's also married to Nick Aldis, so I can see her doing a spell in the NWA

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Shard posted:

Wait they let Billie go? They've been featuring her a ton and not at all her former partner. I really don't get this company

I used to be able to follow the WWE narrative pretty well from like 96 - 2006. But these days it really just feels like chaos. And nothing ever gets to formulate into anything. Everything just eventually dissipates.

Have you heard of this guy Adam Curtis?

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Rarity posted:

Peyton leave and reunite the IIconics in AEW pleeeeeeeeaaaaaasssssseeeeee

they'd make INCREDIBLE britt baker minions

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

John Dudebro posted:

Oh man.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

John Dudebro posted:

gently caress, that’s perfect.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

he calls that one "hypernormalisation," maggle!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Kalisto please go be loving amazing with Penta and Fenix and Pac.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Couldn’t tell you who Wesley Black is.

Chelsea I’m a bit surprised by. She hasn’t really done anything to be fair but she has a look and a character that I thought could get over. That being said they never seemed to get behind her at all (I think she was injured once or twice). She should bounce back immediately by going to Impact, where her fiancée and friends are.

Chelsea also was tweeting a bunch of positive WWE stuff all through Wrestlemania weekend and even during the last NXT, so I have to believe this took her by surprise. She's got some potential, she had a really good match with Penta once, hopefully she lands somewhere that will use her. Impact does seem like a good destination for her.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Add Dani Jordyn as well and you've got yourself a stable

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jiro posted:

Me: You can't just keep signing all the WWE cast-offs, it looks bad and the AEW roster is too bloated already

Also Me: I love all these people, sign everyone

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Oh Snapple! posted:

wasnt that sin cara

No, Kalisto injured Lars Sullivan

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Jiro posted:

DEATH SQUARE

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

StarkRavingMad posted:

Chelsea also was tweeting a bunch of positive WWE stuff all through Wrestlemania weekend and even during the last NXT, so I have to believe this took her by surprise. She's got some potential, she had a really good match with Penta once, hopefully she lands somewhere that will use her. Impact does seem like a good destination for her.

According to SRS she re-upped her contract just a couple months ago so I’m pretty sure this was a surprise to her as well!

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Conrad_Birdie posted:

According to SRS she re-upped her contract just a couple months ago so I’m pretty sure this was a surprise to her as well!

just such a dumb and bad company

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

And then..something extraordinary happened. [vince mcmahon in durag montage]

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1382762674132508674?s=20

she is one of Britt's good friends...

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Samoa Joe is gone.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Bo Dallas too apparently

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Pylons posted:

Samoa Joe is gone.

Wooooow

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Pylons posted:

Samoa Joe is gone.

No loving way

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Bo Dallas too apparently

The streak...is over.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Pylons posted:

Samoa Joe is gone.

Oooooooo

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Bo Dallas too apparently

O

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Conrad_Birdie posted:

No loving way

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=145937

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Pylons posted:

Samoa Joe is gone.

No way? Source please. Cause to just ditch him after having him getting the rest of his career sidelined for a commercial to have Vince screaming in your ear for the rest of the year during commentary.......................you know what good. Let the man land in a good spot where he can fully utilize his charisma and charm.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Jiro posted:

No way? Source please.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1382763579913429002

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Everyone hoping that Tommy End will finally be free, and here I am still hoping for the return of Mascara Dorada.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Can't be a good idea to fire one of your major star's brother

(Like it or not Bray is one of their major stars)

This company is evil and dumb

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Man, the day they split Tucker and Otis I think we all knew Tucker was done.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I think Joe might be the most unexpected name that could have popped up, even if he's not wrestling he's still such a great talent to have on hand.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Even if Joe was done in the ring he was a spectacular commentator that they literally used on Wrestlemania LESS THAN A WEEK BEFORE. His upsides were huge, and he’s the type of believable badass who could periodically come out of retirement for a dream match or to get a new talent over. It’s astounding that WWE didn’t see that.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pylons posted:

Samoa Joe is gone.

Any other company ruining him this much to the point him being fired is worth a blip of a mention in a tweet of a mass release would surprise or upset me

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Vince hates April 15, because of the whole paying taxes thing.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Alan_Shore posted:

Can't be a good idea to fire one of your major star's brother

(Like it or not Bray is one of their major stars)

This company is evil and dumb

Dude has seemingly been preparing to get out of wrestling for a while. Has a farm with Liv Morgan.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

someone please post Samoa-Joe-Poncho.png

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Germansimp posted:

Everyone hoping that Tommy End will finally be free, and here I am still hoping for the return of Mascara Dorada.

someday, someday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Pylons posted:

Samoa Joe is gone.

Oh my god.

AEW SIGN THIS MAN IMMEDIATELY