Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
quote this post when mac jones ends up being the best qb of the class

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
however, quote this post when mac jones isn't very good

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Just finished making my picks. Miami fans you'd be okay with getting both Pitts and Waddle, right?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Noted expert at drafting, Bill Belichick, weighs in.

https://twitter.com/DougKyed/status/1382763159950344193

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Unless this is a bit I don't get I think you're posting in the wrong thread by the way.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Noted expert at drafting, Bill Belichick, weighs in.

https://twitter.com/DougKyed/status/1382763159950344193

Seriously can't figure out if I want Bill to stay around forever doing this shtick or just go away.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
There is a huge difference in saying Mac Jones is a bad QB and saying SF are making a huge mistake trading 4 loving draft picks to move up and take a guy that is the 5th QB on a lot of peoples boards.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

So you're saying that Mac Jones will be there for the Saints at 28.....

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1382780253500805121?s=19

Would definitely like him in Miami

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Jesus Christ I’m going to go insane for the next 14 days.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ort posted:

It’s kind of funny since Sir Thomas Brady would not fit that style despite his many super bowl victories. Cognitive dissonance among all coaches.

I think it’s pretty safe to say that Tom Brady is an outlier.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
In a sane world that would be the move.

Out of all the teams that need a quarterback I would argue San Francisco's the best situation by a mile.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Accessory lift.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Rad Valtar posted:

There is a huge difference in saying Mac Jones is a bad QB and saying SF are making a huge mistake trading 4 loving draft picks to move up and take a guy that is the 5th QB on a lot of peoples boards.

Facts?! Over narrative?!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I would be happy if SF drafted Fields instead of him dropping to NE.
https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/1382791628658647041

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

We don't know if this is actually Mac Jones but his sister tweeted it and tagged him.
https://twitter.com/sarahjaaneyy/status/263447691110010880

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
He was 13 years old who gives a poo poo

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Rad Valtar posted:

yeah the mistake here is that mac jones is actually a REALLY bad qb

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Diva Cupcake posted:

We don't know if this is actually Mac Jones but his sister tweeted it and tagged him.

he was actually a huge obama fan and his sister is trolling him

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It just seemed like Schefter's wild confidence then immediate walk back in such a cowardly fashion was a huge indicator he realized he was fooled or duped in that time span between interviews.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Rad Valtar posted:

Boards are boards. They don't dictate if someone is better or not, just overall opinion, which again, has no effect on a player when he goes out onto the field.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Amy Pole Her posted:

It just seemed like Schefter's wild confidence then immediate walk back in such a cowardly fashion was a huge indicator he realized he was fooled or duped in that time span between interviews.

Thats kind of classic Schefter though.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Doltos posted:

Boards are boards. They don't dictate if someone is better or not, just overall opinion, which again, has no effect on a player when he goes out onto the field.

Yes and the team and coaching staff that drafts you is just as important to your success as your talent.

What I'm saying is Justin Fields would be a much better QB in San Fran then Mac Jones would be and the 49ers made a mistake trading 4 draft picks if they take Jones. That's different then saying Mac Jones is bad.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Well whatever it was is deleted.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Well whatever it was is deleted.

A kid (we can assume was young McCorkle) in an Obama mask with a sash that said "Nobama"

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

He was 13 years old who gives a poo poo

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm surprised the Dolphins would target Jones when they have Tua on the roster, but if they've released their oppo I guess it's a done deal.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Eifert Posting posted:

I'm surprised the Dolphins would target Jones when they have Tua on the roster, but if they've released their oppo I guess it's a done deal.

A family member being the one that outs them is practically the dolphins calling card

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
In hindsight, betting a couple hundred dollars on Mac Jones going in the first five picks based on an Adam Schefter tweet may have been the behavior of a total degenerate as opposed to the savvy business dude I believed myself to be.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

surf rock posted:

In hindsight, betting a couple hundred dollars on Mac Jones going in the first five picks based on an Adam Schefter tweet may have been the behavior of a total degenerate as opposed to the savvy business dude I believed myself to be.

Lol if you think his parents not liking Obama will do anything but push his stock upwards

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Eifert Posting posted:

Listen we cornered D. Smith in the Senior Bowl locker room and got the inside scoop

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Raku posted:

Lol if you think his parents not liking Obama will do anything but push his stock upwards

In San Francisco though?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

In San Francisco though?
Nick Bosa is a turbochud and I’m sure they love him fine.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Was listening to the athletic football podcast when this wonder of a take was sprung on me. Nate Tice and Robert Mays agree, never take a QB outside of the top 10 picks. They site the failure rate as too outlandish to even consider it. This is some really backwards thinking. Every NFL starting caliber QB is a outlier and if you have to wait till you get a top 10 pick, or trade a king's ransom in capital to acquire one, you're not giving yourself enough bites at the apple to have a good shot at a starting QB.

Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Jackson, Prescott, Carr, Cousins, and Brees were all picked outside of the top ten. That's 8 of your top 20 QBs last year. Looking back at recent past success you can throw Dalton, Flacco, and Kaepernick onto that list. That's not even getting into where you value a guy. If the a top 3 player on your board who happens to be a QB lands at your number 15 pick are you supposed to skip him because all those other teams passed.

Tice's fail son influence is ruining Mays.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

you know what? yeah, you should take qbs outside the top ten, you're right

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

I don't know why more people don't get that.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Yeah but have you considered that a lot of quarterbacks picked in the top ten picks of the draft are generally better than guys who are picked later

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Was listening to the athletic football podcast when this wonder of a take was sprung on me. Nate Tice and Robert Mays agree, never take a QB outside of the top 10 picks. They site the failure rate as too outlandish to even consider it. This is some really backwards thinking. Every NFL starting caliber QB is a outlier and if you have to wait till you get a top 10 pick, or trade a king's ransom in capital to acquire one, you're not giving yourself enough bites at the apple to have a good shot at a starting QB.

Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Jackson, Prescott, Carr, Cousins, and Brees were all picked outside of the top ten. That's 8 of your top 20 QBs last year. Looking back at recent past success you can throw Dalton, Flacco, and Kaepernick onto that list. That's not even getting into where you value a guy. If the a top 3 player on your board who happens to be a QB lands at your number 15 pick are you supposed to skip him because all those other teams passed.

Big Ben was also technically taken outside of the Top 10

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Uh wasn't the take actually "don't take a qb below 10 until the picks are meaningless", like picks 10-24 or something? Like if you're too low for one of the top guys, spend the pick better than reaching for a qb you talked yourself into

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Dak sucks tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just get the number one pick when you need a quarterback. It's not hard. It's actually literally the opposite of hard.