Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i used n'sync specifically because i recently saw this king of the hill episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-ruuKFyQBM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
That moderator I threatened with a QCS thread lost their mod today. I had nothing to do with it of course.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
hgb wasn't a mod, just an ik

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

vortmax posted:

hgb wasn't a mod, just an ik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReuDzJSjlOU&t=22s

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

lol

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

xtal posted:

That moderator I threatened with a QCS thread lost their mod today. I had nothing to do with it of course.

I have no clue who that is. But congrats, huge success, you got some mod on a dying forum no one cares about, lmao. Guess it's time for you to move on to reddit

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

i will from now on also announce things that are unrelated to the thread and that i had nothing to do with. to start, biden is withdrawing all troops from afghanistan, further more

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

xtal posted:

this is a thing everyone should care about

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Fame Douglas posted:

Guess it's time for you to move on to reddit

:pray:

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Shame Boy posted:

i used n'sync specifically because i recently saw this king of the hill episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-ruuKFyQBM

It’s all NKotB (as the kids say these days) to me. Or Menudo; I don’t know I grew up in an extremely white town.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

xtal posted:

drat dude goongrats

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

"when you come for the king, you best not miss" -xtal :kakashi:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
now that the evil mod has died im certain all the rest of the gbs thread will welcome you back with open arms, they all loved you really they were just afraid of mod vengeance

catspleen
Sep 12, 2003

I orphaned his children. I widowed his wife.

mmmmmm that’s luke warm forum drama

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Ansible Adams posted:

"when you come for the king, you best not miss" -xtal :kakashi:

when you come for the king

when you come for one of the king's knights

when you come for one of the king's knights' squires

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Hammerite posted:

when you come for one of the king's knights' squires' tiresome jester

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

kw0134 posted:

i will from now on also announce things that are unrelated to the thread and that i had nothing to do with. to start, biden is withdrawing all troops from afghanistan, further more

Wow! That's grapefruit sized news right there!

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
as a biden centrist, non leftist-anarchist I!

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Hammerite posted:

When you come for one of the non-hierarchical comrades of unspecified gender

xtal fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Apr 16, 2021

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

see my earlier post, trilateralism is probably just a joke they put in there. but backmasking is definitely a real one that jack chick was worked up over, it's when evil satan bands put HAVE GAY SEX WITH THE DEVIL backwards in a song so it hypnotically corrupts the youth and pretty soon little timmy from the house on the corner is having gay sex with the devil because he made the mistake of listening to N'Sync or whatever

speaking of NSYNC and gay sex with the devil, I remember there being a article that got big prior to Lou pearlmans death detailing accusations against him called like "bad things happen in that house" but I can't find it

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

https://twitter.com/jmalsin/status/1383012039396896770?s=20

:sickos:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/the_ironsheik/status/1383094310481055750

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."
Thanks for the stock tip, representative!

https://twitter.com/RoKhanna/status/1382878244697948161?s=20

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

yesterday's ipo was a step off a pier into the north atlantic, sure

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

aol?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

lol!

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

You know, that stock that took off during the Internet age, I'm assuming

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i assume up there it was called col

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Is it actually possible to block a particular crypto in a given country, or does that go the same way as most other internet censorship

Because then the endgame for all cryto is being banned as soon as it becomes a credible threat to a state's power

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

if the tax authorities can go after people for bitcoin gains i imagine some level of enforcement would be possible

the turkey thing sounds like it's about stopping physical shops accepting bitcoin to try to protect their currency. doubt they give a poo poo about people doing online transactions with it

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm sure a country like China could block they protocol if they wanted to.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Fame Douglas posted:

I'm sure a country like China could block they protocol if they wanted to.

i imagine the first thing they'd do is shut down all the giant bitcoin farms which are probably pretty hard to hide. then erm... i think that just kills bitcoin globally since so much of the hash power is in china? lol

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
IMO the thing that would take the longest about blocking bitcoin traffic in the US is figuring out which federal agency gets new turf.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Chalks posted:

if the tax authorities can go after people for bitcoin gains i imagine some level of enforcement would be possible

the turkey thing sounds like it's about stopping physical shops accepting bitcoin to try to protect their currency. doubt they give a poo poo about people doing online transactions with it

Oh no this will shut down all commerce in turkey

For the one weird doner kebab joint no one goes to

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

kinda sounds like what they're trying to do is keep people from buying bitcoin, which they absolutely can do

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
if they want to kill bitcoin all they have to do is require all bitcoin transactions to actually be done on the blockchain

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Shame Boy posted:

i assume up there it was called col
"Rogers Excite@Home" iirc but yes web 1.0 branding right in the first cable ISP's product name.

catspleen
Sep 12, 2003

I orphaned his children. I widowed his wife.

yeah this has the same energy as that Joe Kennedy quote that when the shoe shine boy gave him stock tips it was time to exit the market in 1929.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

catspleen posted:

yeah this has the same energy as that Joe Kennedy quote that when the shoe shine boy gave him stock tips it was time to exit the market in 1929.

that quote's been going through my head constantly for the past few months

i'm sure this will be good for bitcoin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
one share of AOL purchased at IPO for $11.50
-> 128 shares AOL Time Warner
-> 42.7 shares Time Warner + 3.9 shares Aol.
-> 61.3 shares AT&T + $193.94 from Verizon
-> $2,030

a 20% annual gain disregarding dividends & any transactions I missed. not bad i guess for companies that offer services in steady, widespread demand?

e: there's a big TW cable spinoff in there that probably makes the calculation worthless but hey as long as i had fun

Gazpacho fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Apr 17, 2021