Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

It's Thursday night, there's no work tomorrow. I have some tuna avocado sushi, a chicken Chipotle burrito, a family-size bag of Chex Mix, and three cans of Arizona Arnold Palmer. I am going to play some fuckin video games

that's a lot of arizona arnold palmer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

oh dear loving lord the demon of hatred is ridiculous

this is what I get for deciding to go explore before trying the last boss again

flame umbrella whenever he jumps, jump whenever he charges, never ever ever let him put distance between the two of you because all his strongest attacks are long-range

he's intimidating but it's extremely difficult for him to actually hurt you if you can routinely pull off those three tricks

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

oh dear loving lord the demon of hatred is ridiculous

this is what I get for deciding to go explore before trying the last boss again
Demon of Hatred is insane if you approach the fight like any other Sekiro fight, but he's a pretty straightforward Dark Souls boss. Stay between his legs and focus on health damage. The rest is just learning his moves. Not much needed in terms of quick reflexes or precise timings (but always jump immediately when you hear the perilous warning).

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Oxxidation posted:

flame umbrella whenever he jumps, jump whenever he charges, never ever ever let him put distance between the two of you because all his strongest attacks are long-range

he's intimidating but it's extremely difficult for him to actually hurt you if you can routinely pull off those three tricks

Volte posted:

Demon of Hatred is insane if you approach the fight like any other Sekiro fight, but he's a pretty straightforward Dark Souls boss. Stay between his legs and focus on health damage. The rest is just learning his moves. Not much needed in terms of quick reflexes or precise timings (but always jump immediately when you hear the perilous warning).

both of these are extremely correct

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
okay this is great advice i can do this

thanks goons

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Demon of Hatred sucks because it's very hard to tell what the actual hitboxes and timings of his attacks are like, which is disappointing for a game that is so tight mechanically. Every attack is like "am I supposed to be able to block this? am I getting the timing wrong or are all these attacks the kind you're supposed to dodge"

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

He isn’t the Demon of Clarity now is he

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Demon of Hatred sucks because it's very hard to tell what the actual hitboxes and timings of his attacks are like, which is disappointing for a game that is so tight mechanically. Every attack is like "am I supposed to be able to block this? am I getting the timing wrong or are all these attacks the kind you're supposed to dodge"

Yeah, I'm getting slight Iudex Gundyr vibes. Not nearly as bad, but it's still visually messy, especially since the majority of fights in the rest of the game are dudes.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I really like the Dark Souls 2 defense that "tons of bosses are dude-shaped knights and those are the best fights in the series" and I'm like yeah absolutely, thats why Sekiro is the best souls game

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Sekiro is probably the best modern FROM game but it ain't a Souls game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Wondering whether to play NieR and RE Village on my PS5 or my 1070 PC

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Volte posted:

You're right they should make more Sekirolikes

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I also have a 1070 and I have opted to play basically anything that's not a FPS on my PS5

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Dark Souls Two is the best because it has almost infinite playstyles, a ton of content, and let's you run through half the game in any order you choose.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
What's your favorite outfits in Sekiro to fashionsouls it up?

Oh...wait... :smug:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Didn't they add outfits in the new patch?

They did

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’d wait to see how the Nier pc port is. Automata was kinda rough

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Volte posted:

its no tenchu z, or armored core 4

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Volte posted:

I also have a 1070 and I have opted to play basically anything that's not a FPS on my PS5

Well RE Village is in first person and I shoot stuff...

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Gaius Marius posted:

Didn't they add outfits in the new patch?

They did

I thought they were all post game stuff though.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

What's your favorite outfits in Sekiro to fashionsouls it up?

Oh...wait... :smug:

i only have one extra costume so far but it's pretty cool!

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

okay this is great advice i can do this

thanks goons
Here's me bumbling through it with several blunders and still making it out alive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ3zf34Sp7A

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/ResiEvilPod/status/1382823808369786880

This gives me big Wii U - era vibes where a demo could only be played a few times and also on the first full moon of the month.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

I hate Arnold Palmer and his lovely drink

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

sharrrk posted:

I hate Arnold Palmer and his lovely drink

gently caress you

theyre fine I stopped drinking soda last month and I cant find any other drink that doesnt have sugar in it that is tolerable. Do not suggest water

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

gently caress you

theyre fine I stopped drinking soda last month and I cant find any other drink that doesnt have sugar in it that is tolerable. Do not suggest water
allow me to suggest, carbonated water

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

gently caress you

Cool aid?

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

Viewtiful Jew posted:

This gives me big Wii U - era vibes where a demo could only be played a few times and also on the first full moon of the month.

I guess we're going to find out how many times a giant vampire lady can step on someone in eight hours.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

homeless snail posted:

I said tolerable. La Croix is absolutely awful, and Bubly isn't much better. Kroger actually has some pretty good waters though.

Arent you supposed to mix a TON of sugar in this?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Timed demos are the dumbest poo poo. Is this one of those streaming games?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

homeless snail posted:

this

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I said tolerable. La Croix is absolutely awful, and Bubly isn't much better. Kroger actually has some pretty good waters though.
big kroger brand fan here. if you're in the vicinity of a wegmans, their carbowater is the top tier though

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

La Croix is delicious, Polar, and Aldi generic are also top tier

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Arent you supposed to mix a TON of sugar in this?
I think with flavor aid you use potassium cyanide, I usually use crystal light which doesn't need nothing but water

Try Mineral water it's way more carbonated than most pop is

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Viewtiful Jew posted:

https://twitter.com/ResiEvilPod/status/1382823808369786880

Well holy poo poo, I guess I'm buying RE4 for the fifth time and- oh, it's an Oculus Quest 2 exclusive, never mind

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

you can also just drink tea that isnt gross

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

la croix tastes like fish, and is as oily

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
Lime Perrier is pretty good. perrier is good in general imo

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
la croix is maybe the worst of the bubbled waters, save for possibly some store brands that i haven't tried.

clear american also sucks

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

homeless snail posted:

big kroger brand fan here. if you're in the vicinity of a wegmans, their carbowater is the top tier though

I'm consistently surprised at just how much better Kroger brand is than even name brand stuff. I could live off of Private Selection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Most bubbled waters are poison to my tongue, they're awful