Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Mojo is now free to sign with...

*shakes Magic 8 Ball*

...”Cannot Predict Now”? What the hell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So does Mojo have anything? He's got a good look and he's obviously not hurting for effort or energy. Is there any actual like. Talent or charisma there?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1382832314980442115

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

:smith:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

He Has The André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal Trophy

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Gonz posted:

Mojo is now free to sign with...

*shakes Magic 8 Ball*

...”Cannot Predict Now”? What the hell?
Mojo to the Buccaneers

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Mojo seemed like a decent enough guy who liked doing charity. Hope he continues to pursue that somewhere else.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Yeah I don't get them just straight up saying "this is for budget cuts" when they're...doing well financially?

Why not just say you don't have a good story for them, or there's not enough TV time for all this talent, or whatever sentence isn't immediately provable wrong

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Mojo Rawley, future Ironman Heavymetalweight Champion.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Cavauro posted:

He Has The André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal Trophy

He doesn't have the trophy. His name is just etched on it for all of time.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Yeah I don't get them just straight up saying "this is for budget cuts" when they're...doing well financially?

Why not just say you don't have a good story for them, or there's not enough TV time for all this talent, or whatever sentence isn't immediately provable wrong

because they don't give a poo poo, op

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the reason wwe is telling people they're being trashed due to not wanting to spend money on them is because that's what it is

sorry for saying mojo has the trophy

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

BaronVanAwesome posted:

they don't care about what normal people think about them, they care about what shareholders and investors think and those people hear "record profits and spending cuts" and love it

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

the moment gronk quit the writing was on the wall for mojo

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Astro7x posted:

He doesn't have the trophy. His name is just etched on it for all of time.

Have they removed Big Show and Matt Hardy from the trophy yet?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MJeff posted:

So does Mojo have anything?

He's friends with Gronk.

Actually I enjoyed him when he first showed up on NXT. He wasn't good but then that wasn't the point of 2013/14 NXT. He had an energy & a kind of natural charisma that was fun to watch in sub 5 minute squashes, & he had an incredibly dumb catchphrase which always helps get you over in WWE. Seem to remember there being a fun squash with CJ Parker when he was doing his annoying hippy shtick. There was something about him that was a throwback, he'd have better suited an era of TV matches mostly being squashes.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The Hype Bros were a fun lower-card tag team with energy.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

John Dudebro posted:

the moment gronk went back for another Super Bowl the writing was on the wall for mojo

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

John Dudebro posted:

the moment gronk quit the writing was on the wall for mojo

I'm honestly surprised he was still employed for all of 2020.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Joe can go anywhere if he still wants to compete and be wonderful. If he wants to hang 'em up, put him in the booth, coward Tony.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Joe could do something like what Taz is currently doing on AEW in any promotion in the world and I’d go watch him.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Joe could do something like what Taz is currently doing on AEW in any promotion in the world and I’d go watch him.

Even Impact?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

:greenangel:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Stock prices will go up if they say budget cuts

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

BGrifter posted:

Have they removed Big Show and Matt Hardy from the trophy yet?

So 3 of the 7 winners of the catering battle royal have been released from the company? I'd think there would be more

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Looking forward to Vince starting a feud with the NHL cause of the AEW number

the triumphant return of the goon

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Looks like these two sites have the full list of WWE releases today

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:People_in_professional_wrestling

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wacky_made_up_names

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

BaronVanAwesome posted:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

lmao

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Now is the time to push NXT’s very own Steampunk Charcuterie to the stratosphere.

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019
Man, imagine being Steve Cutler & Wesley Blake. You finally get a shot on the main roster(ok, yes, the Forgotten Sons sucked rear end, I'm not denying that.) and then your potential push goes to complete poo poo because your stablemate is a racist rear end in a top hat. Then months later, *he's* the one still employed, and you're out of a job.

EDIT: Forgot, a racist rear end in a top hat who is so poo poo at his job, you have to reshoot a finish to a match three god drat times.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I could've sworn Mojo was part of last year's cuts

Cagematch says his last match was in June 2020. They really did just throw him in a dumpster the moment Gronk hosed off back to football.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I really, really dont get why Velveteen Dream is still employed. They are not even using him.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

DM Punk posted:

I really, really dont get why Velveteen Dream is still employed. They are not even using him.

So they don’t have to wish him well on his future endeavors.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

DM Punk posted:

Literally because HHH is insecure and doubling down when he doesn't like what people are yelling at him. That's it. That's the entire thing at this point.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

DM Punk posted:

This way the only school he's within 100 feet of is the Performance Center.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Looking at the releases, I feel like most aren't a surprise. Even Samoa Joe was just being used as a commentator, and he was OK-but-not-amazing at that, so I guess that makes sense.

But god-loving-drat, how on earth do you cut the IIconics when reuniting them is the obvious solution to your broken tag division? What a horrific decision.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The tag division is working as intended

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/BillieKayWWE/status/1382845150746001409

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

surf rock posted:

Looking at the releases, I feel like most aren't a surprise. Even Samoa Joe was just being used as a commentator, and he was OK-but-not-amazing at that, so I guess that makes sense.

But god-loving-drat, how on earth do you cut the IIconics when reuniting them is the obvious solution to your broken tag division? What a horrific decision.

the whole 'budget cut' excuse is bullshit but you'd think if it was real they'd at least start with people who want to leave the company