Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Squall posted:

I feel like the Chorby plunder might have been several people submitting votes early to bring them home before the full horrors had shown themselves, or someone who wasn't paying enough attention to how bad Chorby is? Hopefully Chorby just gets blown up on day 88 and you survive the consumer attacks. I can't fault you having bad vibes because I know I had them a lot as a Garages fan when I realized how screwed we were.

That's fair.

Oh right now I'm hoping that Chorby gets blown up and then immediately Plundered back onto the Mills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Nephzinho posted:

Oh right now I'm hoping that Chorby gets blown up and then immediately Plundered back onto the Mills.

I wouldn't wish Chorby Soul onto any team quite frankly.

It would be funny if Chorby is incinerated, Plundered by someone, and then immediately has Returned trigger though, like Picklestein had happen in the season 13 elections.

Macdoo
Jul 24, 2012

Bad Tabletop Opinions Haver
My time has been greatly improved by leaving all Blaseball communities except for here, SIBR and one channel in a nice small discord and going all in on passive income so I can follow Blaseball at two arms length

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Squall posted:

Basically "this low odds thing happened in a Blaseball election."

This plus the "it fuckin wimdy" meme.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
someone explain to me what a "wimdy" is, I'm not on any of the dischords and have only the vaguest idea of the voting strategy shenanigans any of the hardcore fans are up to.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Entropic posted:

someone explain to me what a "wimdy" is, I'm not on any of the dischords and have only the vaguest idea of the voting strategy shenanigans any of the hardcore fans are up to.

Squall posted:

Basically "this low odds thing happened in a Blaseball election."

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

New weather just dropped. Loot crates fall from the sky.

Please note that this is a Ring of the element Leg, not a Ring that goes on your leg that's ridiculous.

Also in a different game in Salmon weather, a fish swam upstream and restored someone's Bat that got broken in a previous game.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

So by "restored" the player picked up the Salmon and said "ah yes, a new bat" right?

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Carteret posted:

So by "restored" the player picked up the Salmon and said "ah yes, a new bat" right?

Perhaps, but the salmon swimming "upstream" could just as well be going backward in time, since the "fluid" all the teams are floating in is materia.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

The other effect salmon have is to replay an inning and they sometimes take runs with them, so yeah I guess the flavour is that salmon are swimming up the time stream

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Lone Goat posted:

The other effect salmon have is to replay an inning and they sometimes take runs with them, so yeah I guess the flavour is that salmon are swimming up the time stream

Here comes the Sun2

Clear score

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/blaseballcrabs/status/1381640272157810692?s=21

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Here comes the Sun2

Clear score
normal splort.

Entropic fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Apr 13, 2021

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Look who popped their lil head out of a Secret Base

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Chorby Short is shy.

https://twitter.com/SIBROfficial/status/1382064069109108738?s=20

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Mills ended up catching Chorby Short in a later game, so she's in their shadows now.

Still permanently unstable though!

:getin:

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
tsk, Mills hogging all the Chorbys

this is why their generation isn't buying houses, they're spending all their money on Chorbys

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Yuck, my only snake oil strategy wasn't going so well this season and now the site seems to have gobbled up a days' worth of bets. In my feed I just have the messages for the bet being made an none about whether they won or lost. I DMed the keepers and they say my data's all correct but I'm still out the 130k on my account. I guess the Tacos will just have to win zero blessings again without my help :(

e: of course right after I post this it gets resolved, all's well that ends well

tinstaach fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Apr 14, 2021

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

tsk, Mills hogging all the Chorbys

this is why their generation isn't buying houses, they're spending all their money on Chorbys

They really are hogging them. The tigers were planning to save Chorby Short through a series of plundering and reforming her, maybe incinerating some umpires in the process. They're fireproof so it's safe to have an unstable player on their team. But the mills decided they wanted to keep her as a pitcher to help their struggling team.

Magic and tigers both are disappointed because it was an action-movie level rescue effort that everyone thought was really cool. but there's nothing to be done. The mills' will to move Short would take place after a plunder by the tigers, so it would undo the plunder. A lot of really bad feelings are coming out over it.

I've found that a byob-type attitude is best here, both to avoid issues with the already overbearing discord moderators, and out of concern for my team's safety: we wait until the mills help our frog out and make her safe to bring home, then run a friendly, lighthearted, but absolutely massive amount of propaganda to bring her back to yellowstone once she's safe.

Jinh fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Apr 15, 2021

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Jinh posted:

They really are hogging them. The tigers were planning to save Chorby Short through a series of plundering and reforming her, maybe incinerating some umpires in the process. They're fireproof so it's safe to have an unstable player on their team. But the mills decided they wanted to keep her as a pitcher to help their struggling team.

Magic and tigers both are disappointed because it was an action-movie level rescue effort that everyone thought was really cool. but there's nothing to be done. The mills' will to move Short would take place after a plunder by the tigers, so it would undo the plunder. A lot of really bad feelings are coming out over it.

I've found that a byob-type attitude is best here, both to avoid issues with the already overbearing discord moderators, and out of concern for my team's safety: we wait until the mills help our frog out and make her safe to bring home, then run a friendly, lighthearted, but absolutely massive amount of propaganda to bring her back to yellowstone once she's safe.

Our pitching is terrible and we offered to stay out of the way in exchange for a help fixing it. Go ahead and take her next week when she's in the rotation instead of a shadow, we'll get then what we asked for now - if she's still alive. We have no plans to reroll mods knowing she's getting taken right away.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Nephzinho posted:

Our pitching is terrible and we offered to stay out of the way in exchange for a help fixing it. Go ahead and take her next week when she's in the rotation instead of a shadow, we'll get then what we asked for now - if she's still alive. We have no plans to reroll mods knowing she's getting taken right away.

She's playing a season unprotected then and will probably die, right?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

She's playing a season unprotected then and will probably die, right?

She's going into our rotation not our lineup, so she might not even play in eclipse weather. Who knows!

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nephzinho posted:

You know, a lot of conversations seem to be happening in team chats and between team representatives instead of general chat and that's probably where a lot of the bad vibes are coming from.

In magic chat, we were told by a mod that the cool tiger/magic wimdy rescue plan was being made, but also told to keep it on the down low. So when Short dropped into the mills they probably had no idea about it and decided to put her in the rotation. Our mods saw that, came back and said "oops plans cancelled the mills wanna keep her" which upset a lot of people including me.

No magic and mills people talked except for team reps that I'm aware of, so it's all a game of telephone. Magic has no idea that mills aren't planning to reroll lol, your post is the first I've heard of it.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
The Gleek now has "Salmon Cannons" apparently. I have no idea what this means but it sounds exciting!

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Jinh posted:

You know, a lot of conversations seem to be happening in team chats and between team representatives instead of general chat and that's probably where a lot of the bad vibes are coming from.

In magic chat, we were told by a mod that the cool tiger/magic wimdy rescue plan was being made, but also told to keep it on the down low. So when Short dropped into the mills they probably had no idea about it and decided to put her in the rotation. Our mods saw that, came back and said "oops plans cancelled the mills wanna keep her" which upset a lot of people including me.

No magic and mills people talked except for team reps that I'm aware of, so it's all a game of telephone. Magic has no idea that mills aren't planning to reroll lol, your post is the first I've heard of it.

Yeah we had thought about moving Short to our rotation because our pitching is terrible. We heard about this plan, thought it was cool, and collectively voted that we would be good with not adding Chorby Short to our rotation if we got some assistance in return to help fix our pitching. We were told there was no interest in this by the reps who talked about it. We made sure everyone knew we were planning on doing this so the Tigers didn't waste a will plundering her only to lose her to order of operations on wills.

Right now the plan is to put Chorby Short into the Rotation, where we assume she will be Plundered as soon as the order of operations on the wills allows it to happen so that we shouldn't waste any further investment -- even if she gets incinerated and we get a random alternate it is still better than what we have now and y'all can just necromancy her. If Magic or Tigers Plunder her back directly, its an upgrade for us over what we have now. I believe the request was "Magic plunders Vaughan + maybe help us do some idol board manipulation later as a favor" for us to sit back and do nothing while the Tigers took Short from our shadows.

So yeah, literally every possible outcome of Foreshadow Chorby Short into our pitching rotation is a good to great outcome for us, and we are willing to pass on it if Magic plunders Vaughan as a compromise so that we get something out of the situation. Our reps are terrible.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Nephzinho posted:

y'all can just necromancy her.

Woof.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

So plunder Vaughan now and avoid the risk, outcome is the same to us.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Nephzinho posted:

So plunder Vaughan now and avoid the risk, outcome is the same to us.

That's really not a great way to frame that conversation. An ounce of empathy would go a long way when you're holding a gun to Chorby's head.

TransatlanticFoe
Mar 1, 2003

Hell Gem

Jinh posted:

Magic has no idea that mills aren't planning to reroll lol, your post is the first I've heard of it.

As far as I've seen, there was definitely no consensus on this, and considering how well our wills went last election, I'm not holding out hope yet that everything will go as planned.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

That's really not a great way to frame that conversation. An ounce of empathy would go a long way when you're holding a gun to Chorby's head.

Sorry, this was annoying enough to talk through on millscord that I'm sick of the topic. The sim handed us a great opportunity, we're willing to let it pass us by, but we need to get something out of it.

e; Let the reps deal with it. But its not like the Mills are trying to stop this plan and not willing to work something out, we came to the table in the first place to prevent the Tigers from wasting a will.

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 15, 2021

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Somberbrero posted:

I dunno if that's a good way to frame things either, here

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

flatluigi posted:

I dunno if that's a good way to frame things either, here

That's fair.

e: to be clear, I am in no way affiliated with the magic

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Nephzinho posted:

Sorry, this was annoying enough to talk through on millscord that I'm sick of the topic. The sim handed us a great opportunity, we're willing to let it pass us by, but we need to get something out of it.

e; Let the reps deal with it. But its not like the Mills are trying to stop this plan and not willing to work something out, we came to the table in the first place to prevent the Tigers from wasting a will.

From a tacos fan, and without saying too much, what’s the mood on the proposed exchange?

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nephzinho posted:

I popped over in mills channels for a vibe check but didn't see any conversation happen, didn't realize it was so hot there.

Personally I'd be happy to trade curry aliciakeys, but I think magic generally won't try to plunder her until unstable is dealt with so that probably won't happen. This team is, uh, really attached to its players. So more than likely it will be tigers who make a move in season 17 election, or a wimdy from a crazy magic fan.

You're right that this is probably on reps to deal with although I don't like how much they're already kinda taking over decisionmaking, so I'll drop it and just enjoy the really good frog in the big city fanart.

Also sorry to hear about the awful losing streak lately, woof.
https://twitter.com/RFoluler/status/1382779281189834754?s=19

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

If you're not making playoffs the best thing you can do is get to party time asap and start pumping stats

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

If you're not making playoffs the best thing you can do is get to party time asap and start pumping stats

Mills are watching Chorby Soul for party time and will dump a few hundred thousand votes into equivalent exchange if they have a legal target. Let's gooooo.

TransatlanticFoe
Mar 1, 2003

Hell Gem

InnercityGriot posted:

From a tacos fan, and without saying too much, what’s the mood on the proposed exchange?

From what I've seen, Tigers were already planning to spend a few wills for the plan so they didn't want to spend any more, and the Magic were interested it in as a cool plan but didn't seem to want to spend anything on doing it. This is all heard second or third hand, for what it's worth.

Mills got absolutely hosed last election (got two wills that had <3% each despite having I think the largest combined total on our top two wills, leaving us stuck with Chorby, and the Plasma thing, aside from the usual no blessings), from my end (non-rep) it seemed like we were being told "we have dibs on the good player you just got", and it didn't rub me the right way. I personally think it'd make sense to reroll as soon as we can, since it'd leave a huge liability to our team to keep another Unstable player around, and the only way we wouldn't be able to block a steal is if we become good enough to have our wills proc before the Magic or Tigers anyway, and at that point I'd assume we have more than the two good pitchers.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
How it started:
https://twitter.com/hotfishsummer/status/1382104450303623171
How it's going:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Squall fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Apr 15, 2021

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
how much money are people pulling in with more passive income strats? I'm rocking oil/seeds only and loving it, despite only betting on like 20-30 rounds all week I have like 650k. I'm sure more optimal strategies/consistent betting are getting like 10s of millions, just curious what things look like without wanting to delve too deep into discord pins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I have max seeds, dogs, pickles and slushies with a fifth slot for votes and I'm at about 670k for the season with York. I've been pretty busy this week so I haven't looked into better idol payouts though.

Nagomi made me well over a million last season though!