Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
During the NXT Takeover I asked if Samoa Joe had suddenly gotten demoted because he was doing a backstage interview and I guess I was more right than I realized

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Yeah I don't get them just straight up saying "this is for budget cuts" when they're...doing well financially?

Why not just say you don't have a good story for them, or there's not enough TV time for all this talent, or whatever sentence isn't immediately provable wrong

They're a public company with shareholders. If they're not actively trying to improve profit, even if they're already wildly profitable, they're not upholding their oath to shareholders.

Even if you were profiting $10M on a cost of $50, you are obligated to try to get to $49.

hosed up and true.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

We must go full circle and have the Phone Call Comic with Samoa Joe asking I dunno...Cesaro? if he's still in the WWE and then laughing.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

flatluigi posted:

the whole 'budget cut' excuse is bullshit but you'd think if it was real they'd at least start with people who want to leave the company

Vince will take any financial loss as long as he gets to act on his spite

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

One of the most unfortunate parts of WWE mass releases is the stream of "I'm so thankful for my time at WWE they made my dreams come true - now on to the next adventure!" social media posts

Like I absolutely get not burning bridges on your way out, that makes sense - but bootlicking an awful company one more time after they just fired you during record profits.. have some self respect lol

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Orange Carlisle posted:

One of the most unfortunate parts of WWE mass releases is the stream of "I'm so thankful for my time at WWE they made my dreams come true - now on to the next adventure!" social media posts

Like I absolutely get not burning bridges on your way out, that makes sense - but bootlicking an awful company one more time after they just fired you during record profits.. have some self respect lol
It's an extension to the saying "Never meet your heroes"

You get to the WWE and realize it's not the Neverland you thought it was when you were a kid. It's full of bitter, spiteful people in management who will make you miserable just for getting over the wrong way.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Evil Badman posted:

We must go full circle and have the Phone Call Comic with Samoa Joe asking I dunno...Cesaro? if he's still in the WWE and then laughing.

i was going to shop the original but i can't find it!!!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Edit: Wait Punk probably left with the FOX show dying never mind.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Thinking about it more, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to fire Billie and when she found out, Peyton asked to leave too. Not necessarily out of a "IF SHE GOES I GO" thing, but because she knows them tag-teaming is money (and fun!) while WWE has no idea how to use her as a singles star.

That would be so backwards because they're barely using Peyton and Billie has been all over the place, but I bet Peyton has The Look for Laurinaitis and Billie doesn't.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

flatluigi posted:

the whole 'budget cut' excuse is bullshit but you'd think if it was real they'd at least start with people who want to leave the company

I'm sure they could save a bunch of money by getting rid of Tommy End.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I still think it’s remarkable that WWE contracts are structured in a way where only WWE can opt to end them early.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

The IIconics winning the tag belts at WM 2019 was one of the last genuinely feel-good moments in WWE, along with Kofi winning the title.

I would include Becky winning, but the ending was botched and by the time she won, the only thing I felt was relief that WrestleMania was over.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I still think it’s remarkable that WWE contracts are structured in a way where only WWE can opt to end them early.

WWE sucks but this isn’t really exclusive to them. Or even sports really.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS

Vertical Lime posted:

word life

this is basic reganomics

God drat this made me laugh so hard

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

sportsgenius86 posted:

WWE sucks but this isn’t really exclusive to them. Or even sports really.

No, I know it’s not uncommon, but also I don’t think it’s truly analogous to sports since you know there are leagues that govern player transactions between teams and bargaining units helping to establish the baseline rules for those contracts.

If anything, I’d expect WWE contracts to be more closely aligned to acting contracts.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I wonder if anyone laughs to the person giving the firing phone call, I know I would.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

DM Punk posted:

I really, really dont get why Velveteen Dream is still employed. They are not even using him.

Covering up and protecting a pedophile is Triple H's final test to see if he's ready to inherit the company from Vince.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
nah he'll need to get to snuka cover-up level, that's his final test

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Git Mah Belt Son posted:

They're a public company with shareholders. If they're not actively trying to improve profit, even if they're already wildly profitable, they're not upholding their oath to shareholders.

Even if you were profiting $10M on a cost of $50, you are obligated to try to get to $49.

hosed up and true.

Sort of, I mean a CEO can justify current expenses as being necessary for longer term profits if the shareholders can be persuaded. Netflix has a lot of debts because it rolls over profits into production because it needs to in order to retain subscribers/drive new ones, I don't think Uber is profitable yet, etc.

The "Harvard school" approach- that you are obligated to your shareholders and only your shareholders- is not necessarily mandatory but it is the way most businesses work today.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Invalid Validation posted:

I wonder if anyone laughs to the person giving the firing phone call, I know I would.

This happened with writer Patrice O’Neal and Steph called him multiple times to tell him hoping he’d have a different reaction

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Patrice O'Neal.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Maxwell Lord posted:

Sort of, I mean a CEO can justify current expenses as being necessary for longer term profits if the shareholders can be persuaded. Netflix has a lot of debts because it rolls over profits into production because it needs to in order to retain subscribers/drive new ones, I don't think Uber is profitable yet, etc.

The "Harvard school" approach- that you are obligated to your shareholders and only your shareholders- is not necessarily mandatory but it is the way most businesses work today.

It's the way many businesses work, because it's a dumb guy, zero thinking way to operate.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Patrice O'Neil. Stephanie fired him and he laughed it off. She called him again to make sure he knew he was fired, and he just laughed harder.

e: beaten, I should check replies first

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Chris James 2 posted:

This happened with writer Patrice O’Neal and Steph called him multiple times to tell him hoping he’d have a different reaction

Starts here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZeYOKQxZbc&t=356s

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

CobiWann posted:

This way the only school he's within 100 feet of is the Performance Center.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1382857822820519938?s=20

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Rosenberg's the dork that literally pays WWE to be a panelist on their PPV pre-shows, right

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
He is a dork, whether or not he pays to be on WWE is unconfirmed.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

God, Roseberg is such a fuckin' stooge.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Neodoomium posted:

Rosenberg's the dork that literally pays WWE to be a panelist on their PPV pre-shows, right

That's a false flag rumor WWE planted so people wouldn't think they were pathetic enough to pay Rosenberg.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Seams posted:

He is a dork, whether or not he pays to be on WWE is unconfirmed.

bix confirmed this on BTS

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I thought the guy who paid to be on WWE was Sam Rosenberg, are there two Rosenbergs kicking around

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Alaois posted:

I thought the guy who paid to be on WWE was Sam Rosenberg, are there two Rosenbergs kicking around

That's Sam Roberts who also has a pathetic sort of energy to him

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Alaois posted:

There's Sam Roberts, and Peter Rosenberg.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

they're not the same guy??????

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The biggest difference between them is hair so this mistake is understandable

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Alaois posted:

they're not the same guy??????

No one is the shock jock side kick the other is the sports talk radio side kick.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

No one is the shock jock side kick the other is the sports talk radio side kick.

Sam Roberts being a name to connect from my youth giving a poo poo about shock jocks in an unironic way to my adulthood giving a poo poo about pro wrestling in an unironic way is one of the weirdest loving through-lines from my perspective.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Maxwell Lord posted:

There is a difference between a company taking on debt for expansion and growing your business so you can have bigger future gains when you stop expanding.

It’s another to pay someone to sit in catering so the other company can’t have them. That doesn’t grow their profits in any notable way because all of the profits are B2B now.

Anyway... it makes me wonder when they’ll pull the plug on the Performance Center when they realize it’s technically not profitable. The PC is just churning out people that sit in catering for 7 years before they are fired. When is the last time they had a completely home grown talent to justify the cost of that monstrosity? Strowman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Astro7x posted:

There is a difference between a company taking on debt for expansion and growing your business so you can have bigger future gains when you stop expanding.

It’s another to pay someone to sit in catering so the other company can’t have them. That doesn’t grow their profits in any notable way because all of the profits are B2B now.

Anyway... it makes me wonder when they’ll pull the plug on the Performance Center when they realize it’s technically not profitable. The PC is just churning out people that sit in catering for 7 years before they are fired. When is the last time they had a completely home grown talent to justify the cost of that monstrosity? Strowman?

Bianca.