Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

my crime: thinking that cumtown is more wholesome than mcelroys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Every night, meditate upon your self being torn to pieces by antipersonnel mines. Being perforated by hails of bullets. Being carbonized by white hot napalm. Then, when the day comes, you will not hesitate, and comrade Franczak will pave your way to Valhalla

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

no i dont think becoming obsessed with martyring myself for a podcaster is unhealthy. YOU'RE unhealthy

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Brain Candy posted:

this is the truth and you know it

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

A Russian troll farm posted:

Every night, meditate upon your self being torn to pieces by antipersonnel mines. Being perforated by hails of bullets. Being carbonized by white hot napalm. Then, when the day comes, you will not hesitate, and comrade Franczak will pave your way to Valhalla

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQKNyGODiAc

THS
Sep 15, 2017

nick mullen is way more queer positive than something like npr

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

no i dont think becoming obsessed with martyring myself for a podcaster is unhealthy. YOU'RE unhealthy

this looks like run-of-the-mill hornyposting to me :awesome:

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

the mcelroys were way more wholesome when that wasn't their thing

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

i would never be horny, i just want to die in a cool explosion

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
big guys- big guys! BIG! - coming up to me, tears in their eyes, saying ms. rats, thank you, we understand now, we're ready to die for Franczak, our bodies are prepared,

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

i would never be horny, i just want to die in a cool explosion

make a fist when you blow up on the off-chance that your severed arm manages to sock someone in the head on the way down

you probably get to go to a way better heaven if it managed to throw a haymaker into someone's nuts

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

god i wish that were me

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

this is my plan, yes

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

I am only horny for GLORIOUS DEATH

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Victory Position posted:

this is the truth and you know it

i'm galieo of podcasting

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I guess we've finally identified Brace's account

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

THS posted:

nick mullen is way more queer positive than something like npr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ojd0BdtMBY

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

some plague rats posted:

I guess we've finally identified Brace's account

I take this as a massive compliment but I don't think Brace would ever be this weird w/r/t Liz while talking to other people

edit: or would not draw out the bit for such a long timr

Ansar Santa has issued a correction as of 04:49 on Apr 16, 2021

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Brain Candy posted:

they aspire to become brothers by having all of their dads marry eachother, instead of simply being born to it

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I take this as a massive compliment but I don't think Brace would ever be this weird w/r/t Liz while talking to other people

I... would not put money on that

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

The idea of a tube made of bread does however sound appealing. Like a hollow baguette one could fill with meats, cheeses, vegetables, and other such things
And you know what they call a Breadtube in Copenhagen?

They don't call it a Breadtube?

No, they got the metric system there, they wouldn't know what the gently caress a Breadtube is.

Then what do they call it?

They call it a French Hot Dog.

French Hot Dog.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

ted hitler hunter posted:

yeah, and they're good. the best ones are the places where you can get currywurst like that

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I just listened to a podcast

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

ted hitler hunter posted:

They don't call it a Breadtube?

No, they got the metric system there, they wouldn't know what the gently caress a Breadtube is.

Then what do they call it?

They call it a French Hot Dog.

French Hot Dog.

im really hungry

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Brain Candy posted:

knowing how half the people who put on that softboy aesthetic end up being sex pests, this is probably true

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Xaris posted:

i said it in another thread but if I didn't witness it domestically on the forums in the years of ozma/eggplant wizard/slashie/abe/fsstgirl, I would say it's an cointelpro op; but having witnessed it organically, i sadly can not.

Freddie deBoers had a good article last week which is relevant: https://freddiedeboer.substack.com/p/some-principles-and-observations

this was a good read

also lol

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
it's called standpoint theory, not gofastpoint

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

THS posted:

on an aircraft carrier

Only if we get to have tank club after school

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

Xaris posted:

i actually liked her old nostalgia chick videos from years back, i thought they were entertaining and she did some good stuff. but then she tried to hitch her wagon to the rose emoji breadtublr stuff and massive alcoholicism and has been kinda... well.

just lol if you can survive this hellworld without a little alcoholism, as a treat.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
also can anyone confirm lindsay=goon for me? she scans as goony, at least in the past.

also as a community we should be the last ones to critisize mistakes in one's past

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

im not sure how long she was here but she posted in the rgd thread a few times and then left because it was all immediately being screencapped on kiwi farms

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

linking this hosed up tweet again, just so people can be sure cops are loving out of their minds

https://twitter.com/comfortablecam/status/1382797429603409921

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

this was a good read

it was actually a bad read, it's full of strawman arguments like this:

"Matt Yglesias was excoriated for saying that BlackLivesMatter had succeeded in reducing racist police violence, because to say that was to suggest that reducing police violence was possible and in so doing understate the depths of Black oppression."

Matty is, and will always be, excoriated for lying, not whatever that dude wants.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Goa Tse-tung posted:

it was actually a bad read, it's full of strawman arguments like this:

"Matt Yglesias was excoriated for saying that BlackLivesMatter had succeeded in reducing racist police violence, because to say that was to suggest that reducing police violence was possible and in so doing understate the depths of Black oppression."

Matty is, and will always be, excoriated for lying, not whatever that dude wants.

do you think his full quote is supportive of matty

quote:

Because a vast infrastructure of social justice publications, think tanks, and “consultants” have sprung up to monetize elite interest in these politics, progress in fact becomes threatening; success undercuts your reason for getting paid. (This is true of the think tank industrial complex/professional activism in general. Young leftists, go in fear of organizers with business cards.) In contrast, permanent failure permits those within the social justice movement to be righteous critics of society in perpetuity, and that position is more fun and socially rewarding than doing the work of building an actually just society. Matt Yglesias was excoriated for saying that BlackLivesMatter had succeeded in reducing racist police violence, because to say that was to suggest that reducing police violence was possible and in so doing understate the depths of Black oppression. What are we to make of a world in which complimenting a movement on its success in pursuing its stated aims results in condemnation from that movement itself? Why would an undecided person feel confident joining that movement if progress is not just unlikely but actively rejected?

or did you just fall for that thing that he describes like two paragraphs earlier, about how libs can't comprehend the difference between "this is true" and "this is good"

it's not a long read, man

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
why do ppl keep talking about dsa you tube drama in the podcast thread

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
i could go for a french hotdog with mashed potato and sweet mustard

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
is that what those things are called? I sometimes get them in the Oslo airport when I'm feeling particularly disgusting. They're like a slightly superior corndog, and they draw happy faces on them with mayonnaise.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
whats picrew

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005