Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I remember buying this hoody for the 2008 Olympics

Think I wore it once.

also turns out most of the stuff was made in China instead of Canada lol

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canadian-olympic-gear-made-in-china-mps-cry-foul-1.293170

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
I'm in Sask. gently caress Scott Moe and the Sask Party. Fucks over everyone to appease anti-masker chuds

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

cool

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
hahaha ok that's amazing and i can almost respect that

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
that's one example I had in mind with my "can you really get fired for not teaching everything in the curriculum?" stupid questions in the other thread. imagine someone complaining that you didn't play any mart kenney

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Where does Stompin' Tom fit in to all this

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Provincial employment assessments will now include a comprehensive test on the deepest cuts of the Mart Kenney catalogue.

E: I assume his name is Martin? Who tf abbreviated that to Mart and not Marty

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

Provincial employment assessments will now include a comprehensive test on the deepest cuts of the Mart Kenney catalogue.

yokels who have issues with multiple syllables and family trees that look like dna

man probably pronounced his name as mahhr kehhhnnnn

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

flashy_mcflash posted:

it’s actually short for K-Mart.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Only the one K, hmm?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Kazinsal posted:

family trees that look like dna

Cool it with the anti-Mennonite hate speech

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lmao

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
Mart isnt a real name is it

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

RBC posted:

It's considered a slur by people named Martin

e:

https://twitter.com/MattTriemstra/status/1382721117744414726

Is that quote close enough to the 14 words to be a dog whistle? Because I feel like it is.

Another Bill has issued a correction as of 21:14 on Apr 15, 2021

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

RBC posted:

uhh Wal Mart?

checkmate

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Mitt

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists
Not sure if we have any other London goons in here but Western University has now had 8 Covid outbreaks in residences over the last month and the area code which houses the university and a lot of its off campus housing put out a positive test rate of just under 30%.

Turns out letting students come back was the wrong choice, who knew.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
I had a quick look at the last few pages, but didn't see it.

Is anybody talking about what's happening at Laurentian University in Sudbury?

I spend 8 months of 2018 at LU as a post-doc, working on the ReGreening project, the 40+ years of tree-planting on acidic, polluted soil that's actually working to return Sudbury to a forested city from its previous moonscape status. LU is insolvent and the way they're gonna get back on track - because the province refuses to help and the feds have said their hands are tied, education is a provincial responsibility - is they're gonna kill the university.

They cut more than 100 faculty, closed several whole departments (Math and Geography among them - are you a university if you don't have those departments?), and cut a large number of degree programs and majors. Including Environmental Studies, Environmental Science, and Restoration Ecology. I heard the Ontario Faculty Union (can't remember their full name) have asked for the Ontario minister for colleges and universities, Ross Romano, to resign immediately. I've seen words from the federal education minister and from Trudeau that amount to "we can't interfere but we'll help if we're asked; it's the province's responsibility". But I've heard nothing from the Ontario Conservative Party.

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

You cannot vote Hillary Clinton because she is worse than Trump.

Lmao

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ExecuDork posted:

I spend 8 months of 2018 at LU as a post-doc, working on the ReGreening project, the 40+ years of tree-planting on acidic, polluted soil that's actually working to return Sudbury to a forested city from its previous moonscape status. LU is insolvent and the way they're gonna get back on track - because the province refuses to help and the feds have said their hands are tied, education is a provincial responsibility - is they're gonna kill the university.

They cut more than 100 faculty, closed several whole departments (Math and Geography among them - are you a university if you don't have those departments?), and cut a large number of degree programs and majors. Including Environmental Studies, Environmental Science, and Restoration Ecology. I heard the Ontario Faculty Union (can't remember their full name) have asked for the Ontario minister for colleges and universities, Ross Romano, to resign immediately. I've seen words from the federal education minister and from Trudeau that amount to "we can't interfere but we'll help if we're asked; it's the province's responsibility". But I've heard nothing from the Ontario Conservative Party.

Doug Ford loves destroying public institutions though so I don't think he will help if one is crumbling on it's own

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

ExecuDork posted:

it came up a couple times in the other canpol thread I think, a few pages apart. poo poo's hosed up

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Bjay9 posted:

Not sure if we have any other London goons in here but Western University has now had 8 Covid outbreaks in residences over the last month and the area code which houses the university and a lot of its off campus housing put out a positive test rate of just under 30%.

Turns out letting students come back was the wrong choice, who knew.

the mpp tried to get old north deemed a hot spot but lol he’s ndp so ford isn’t going to listen ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
Peterborough had a superspreader event over reading week when a fleming college residence had a bunch of parties and seeded the entire region with b117. A 30 something student died from it and now the region's variant cases went from 0 to currently 98% b117.

Oh yeah and the police and public health made a bunch of noise about "laying charges" but after a month just gave up because the students wouldn't admit to hosting parties over 9 people, which was "legal".

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

RBC posted:

Oh yeah and the police and public health made a bunch of noise about "laying charges" but after a month just gave up because the students wouldn't admit to hosting parties over 9 people, which was "legal".

never talk to cops!

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.

Rutibex posted:

never talk to cops!

Yeah and it was super cool how they wouldn't help the public health unit contact trace by telling them who was there

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

linoleum floors posted:

Yeah and it was super cool how they wouldn't help the public health unit contact trace by telling them who was there

maybe they shouldn't threaten to lay charges if they want people to be honest. why is fleming college even open? University of windsor has been closed since last march

i find it hard to get mad at kids when public institutions are failing left and right. kids are not in charge of running society

Rutibex has issued a correction as of 13:23 on Apr 16, 2021

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

linoleum floors posted:

You've got to snitch don't you know there's a (insert reason) happening?? What Ontario do you live in where contact tracing is even happening?

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
Fuckinglmao at defending that poo poo. gently caress you

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
don't worry about snitching! because now cops in ontario can pull you over without cause anyway and are tooooootally not going to abuse that

https://twitter.com/mattgallowaycbc/status/1383155554512744449?s=20

https://twitter.com/DavidWCochrane/status/1383156114410311688?s=20

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

to verify that you're staying away from as many people as possible we're going to get in your face and talk to you

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Can't dare not acquiesce to the pigs tho, filthy subhuman people with your lack of rules.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
clearly when I go for a drive in my car alone just to get the gently caress out of my neighbourhood I am at great risk of spreading covid.

not that the cops will ever stop me since I'm white and drive a fairly nice car

this is a loving poo poo show

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

ghosthorse posted:

don't worry about snitching! because now cops in ontario can pull you over without cause anyway and are tooooootally not going to abuse that

https://twitter.com/mattgallowaycbc/status/1383155554512744449?s=20

https://twitter.com/DavidWCochrane/status/1383156114410311688?s=20

Ah yes, the thing they did last lockdown where they harassed/fined a handful of people for the cameras and did fuckall the rest of the time. Right on schedule.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
It's kind of incredible how bleak and hopeless Canadian politics are.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

MonsieurChoc posted:

It's kind of incredible how bleak and hopeless Canadian politics are.

hello im in alberta and i feel this post

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

what if we just made a workers party

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

flakeloaf posted:

to verify that you're staying away from as many people as possible we're going to get in your face and talk to you
:)
https://twitter.com/ConsumerSOS/status/1383116307172884480?s=20

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

A Russian troll farm posted:

i don't think people in china are allowed to vote in canadian elections

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

not that he’ll get anything more than a paid stay at home vacation over it but he was suspended for that lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

A Russian troll farm posted:

i think they tried that one time. new something something.

didn't work out very well