Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Took me a long time to figure out that the pole spun, and that the person isn’t actually spinning around the pole like gymnastics which seemed really uncomfortable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

I know Ivelisse has been a huge dick but I really hope people stop jumping on her soon because it's hard to watch, and yes I know she's fueling it and instigating it both by her actions in the past and now but she's also very clearly struggling with mental health issues similar to my own and at the end of the day being a dick and a jerk is bad but ultimately she is going to be the one that suffers, she doesn't actively hurt people it's self destruction. I realize her opinions on mental illness contribute to harmful concepts not to discount that, but I see this is someone spiraling and burning bridges and at the end of the day that's self harming behavior and I can't help but pity someone like that.

I'm with you on this. She sucks, but she's clearly not well, and I wouldn't be surprised if her lovely views on mental health are denial about herself. I hope she gets help instead of doing... This.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Took me a long time to figure out that the pole spun, and that the person isn’t actually spinning around the pole like gymnastics which seemed really uncomfortable

They can be static or spinning and when I found that out I was kind of blown away. It seems insane for someone to be able to do the things they do on a static pole let alone a constantly spinning pole.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/1382772412505329669

Also bix has the patience of a saint here, if you didn't read the full version of Ivelesse explaining herself.

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1382542067688177666

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Apr 16, 2021

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

On the one hand I do feel bad for Ivelesse because she's clearly going through stuff. These are all signs. But on the other hand Thunder Rosa doesn't deserve to have her name dragged publicly because of this. At what point do you stop feeling bad for someone and start blaming them for their actions if those actions harm others?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Shard posted:

On the one hand I do feel bad for Ivelesse because she's clearly going through stuff. These are all signs. But on the other hand Thunder Rosa doesn't deserve to have her name dragged publicly because of this. At what point do you stop feeling bad for someone and start blaming them for their actions if those actions harm others?

Why care about a minor personal disagreement between two people you don't know?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

Why care about a personal disagreement between two people you don't know?

Because it's public and one sided seemingly. And it's being discussed in here.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I guess I more mean why blame her? It's not going to help, it doesn't really mean anything, and the whole thing is a goofy workplace conflict. Who cares

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

I guess I more mean why blame her? It's not going to help, it doesn't really mean anything, and the whole thing is a goofy workplace conflict. Who cares

sandbagging can be dangerous as gently caress if she decided to do it, say, mid suplex instead of sitting in the corner. trusting your opponent is a cornerstone of wrestling, and she violated that trust. it's absolutely relevant.

i feel like shes going through some poo poo, but as I was once told "mental illness is not your fault but it is your responsibility." it doesn't excuse her dragging rosa at all. she need to either look upon thyself or find someone to help her do that. otherwise she will remain toxic and end up like austin aries and sexy star, assholes who are notoriously unemployable. i hope she finds peace somehow, it can be a motherfucker.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

She also implied Rosa is loving someone in charge at aew to get her position, publicly, so I think it's okay to care cause that's a pretty hosed thing to do.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I don’t think Ivelisse is going through anything. I think she’s just a selfish piece of poo poo.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

I don’t think Ivelisse is going through anything. I think she’s just a selfish piece of poo poo.

Humans contain multitudes. It can be both.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

sportsgenius86 posted:

She's been like this for a long time yeah. People ITT and TH2 both tried to warn AEW not to work with her but alas, maybe this time it will be different

Sometimes you've just got to cut off the toxic people until they've demonstrated YEARS of evidence that they've changed. Also speculating on her mental health is just plain weird.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ganso Bomb posted:

They can be static or spinning and when I found that out I was kind of blown away. It seems insane for someone to be able to do the things they do on a static pole let alone a constantly spinning pole.

Spinning poles are actually easier than static poles because you don't have to do any work to get rotation in your moves, it all comes from body weight and gravity

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

But what would become of the Wardlow thread?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Vince MechMahon posted:

Humans contain multitudes. It can be both.

Its not her fault if she has mental issues, it is however her responsibility. Acknowledging someones issues only gets them to the door of the how but doesnt absolve them when they do nothing about them or get consequences.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
While I certainly don't like her, I'm also not going to argue with her over social media.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I don't know what Tumblr is like these days but at least 50% of that site's base is people with mental health issues not doing a drat thing about it

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Rarity posted:

Remember folks :chast2b:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rarity posted:

Remember folks :chast2b:
jr apologising in advance for saying something politically incorrect about kris statlander made me do a horror-laugh

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I don't know what Tumblr is like these days but at least 50% of that site's base is people with mental health issues not doing a drat thing about it

they all went to twitter and made that site even worse somehow

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

jr apologising in advance for saying something politically incorrect about kris statlander made me do a horror-laugh

Same but then I knew it wouldn’t be super bad because it was a taped show.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Tumblr is people with 0 minutes of experience of anything having stuff explained to them by people with 37 minutes of experience of something.

There are also pockets of just concentrated and moderately healthy fandom on there, but when it doubles down it doubles all the way down. I still remember a long authoritative set of rules for roleplaying that someone posted that included the advice that if you were RPing a character who was less than 5'7" tall the character was "Minor coded" and thus RPing as them was paedophilic.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Was looking at Chelsea Green's wikipedia page because I didn't really know what she'd done and lol

”In November 2020, Green signed a three-year contract extension with WWE.[26] On April 15, 2021, WWE released Green from her contract.”

Nice three-year contract you got there

edit: not sure why I posted this in the social media thread, sorry

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Apr 16, 2021

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

release clauses for me but not for thee

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I know a bunch of people who are under 5'7 so I guess I'm a pedo now. :(

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

read that as "under 57" and was like :dafuq:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

read that as "under 57" and was like :dafuq:

Honestly Tumblr twitter will call you a nonce for dating a 30 year old who still dresses like the woman from NCIS and its just not on.

Unlike me who calls people a nonce for the correct reason, such as voting for the Conservative party.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/TIMEBOMB1105/status/1383038097433133062?s=19

Jun Kasai with a fan (does this joke work when it's literally true?)

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Do Twitter embeds look like poo poo to anyone else on mobile or is it just me?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Every wrestler is a fan of Jun Kasai

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Look fine here

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/aewontnt/status/1382849044171554821?s=21

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/tony_deppen/status/1382884481716133896?s=21

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/justrasslin/status/1382765025379647489?s=21

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

NienNunb posted:

they work in the app but I get that on desktop Chrome a lot, I think it's a cookie setting that blocks proper embedding or something. sometimes a restart fixes it for me, sometimes I take it as a blessing that I cannot see the tweets

AK-47
Jul 10, 2001

https://twitter.com/REALLeviCooper/status/1382794775053553664

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://twitter.com/REALLeviCooper/status/1383072247246516225

https://twitter.com/REALLeviCooper/status/1383072915504001024

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Vagabundo posted:

But what would become of the Wardlow thread?

I try to enforce a dispassionate, almost Kantian, appreciation of Wardlow on an ascetic level. I know I fail, but I try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

jesus WEP posted:

Even stranger was he said nothing even slightly offensive afterwards