Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
WWE's TV deals are structured so they go up every year so WWE can keep increasing profitability without cutting anyone. Add in Peacock and even the worst faith arguments about the cuts fall apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Had to watch the 2020 future endeavors video to remind myself of the releases that trickled in over the days after April 15th.

https://youtu.be/ie0HN6nEh1A

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

WWE's TV deals are structured so they go up every year so WWE can keep increasing profitability without cutting anyone. Add in Peacock and even the worst faith arguments about the cuts fall apart.

I also don't know why when they have 8 hours of television/wrestling time they need to fill and a competitor willing and waiting to use said castoffs and make them big money makers

Maxwell Lord posted:

I don't think Uber is profitable yet, etc.

Not to get D&D, but it has no method or means to get to profitability like a lot of gig economy stuff. It's Silicon Valley mysticism plus rational but evil 'gently caress labor'

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Apr 16, 2021

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
aww shucks we were just poking fun of Somoa Joe at Wrestlemania

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

a.lo posted:

aww shucks we were just poking fun of Somoa Joe at Wrestlemania

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Joe knew

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
if joe shows up on aew i do hope this is his debut video package

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lggf4uBYLsg

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
what the heck is an "oppressed dictator"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Chris Hero and the Authors of Pain still haven't showed up anywhere so far. Andrade was supposed to have been freed without a non-compete clause, I get the impression that people are only getting released again because Vince knows it's harder to travel internationally or for indies to run shows now.

My selfish wish is that the unsigned 2020/2021 releases go to CyberFight. Hero, Joe, and AoP would be awesome in NOAH and The Iiconics would be awesome in TJPW, Bo Dallas would be great in Gabare Pro.

Sombra, Samuray del Sol and Thea Trinidad vs Eruption

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

Chris Hero and the Authors of Pain still haven't showed up anywhere so far. Andrade was supposed to have been freed without a non-compete clause, I get the impression that people are only getting released again because Vince knows it's harder to travel internationally or for indies to run shows now.

My selfish wish is that the unsigned 2020/2021 releases go to CyberFight. Hero, Joe, and AoP would be awesome in NOAH and The Iiconics would be awesome in TJPW, Bo Dallas would be great in Gabare Pro.

Chris Hero has been pretty open about absolutely not working anywhere until the pandemic ends, Andrade has been hinting that he's signed somewhere but hasn't showed up anywhere yet. I actually suspect Thea has signed a non-wrestling related short term thing, possibly related to video games because she hasn't streamed for 2 months.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Apr 16, 2021

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Aye Doc posted:

since today is going to be the most active Bo Dallas discussion day in over 2 years, let me fire off a hot take:

Bo Dallas is a better wrestler and sports entertainer than Bray Wyatt. he would have made The Firefly Funhouse and The Fiend shine like Bray never could have drat it

From a long way back, but this loving guy/gal gets it!

I always said Bo Dallas would have been a perfect friend for Bray to have in the Firefly Funhouse. Coz Bo can do gormless and creepy so well. It also would have lead up to an easy as piss feud between the brothers when they break up.

I also loved the Social Outcasts and Bo Rida.

I will always Bo-lieve.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RealFoxy posted:

Bo Dallas can go suck in Cyber Fight as long as he stays out of Dragon Gate my new favorite promotion as of May 1st. Do not ruin Dragon Gate Bo Dallas.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
So I saved the night one Mania main event till I knew I’d have time to enjoy it and holy poo poo did they deliver. :stare:

That crack for the hair whip was epic. Fantastic match and one of those times when everything just seemed to go right at the perfect time. Probably the best thing WWE has put on my television set in years.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

NutritiousSnack posted:

I also don't know why when they have 8 hours of television/wrestling time they need to fill and a competitor willing and waiting to use said castoffs and make them big money makers

Not to get D&D, but it has no method or means to get to profitability like a lot of gig economy stuff. It's Silicon Valley mysticism plus rational but evil 'gently caress labor'

I mean their means has been to starve out all competition then jack up the prices/get self-driving cars everywhere so they don't have to give money to drivers anymore, it's just that neither are plausible. The point is they've been able to convince shareholders this is a good idea.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Astro7x posted:

Anyway... it makes me wonder when they’ll pull the plug on the Performance Center when they realize it’s technically not profitable. The PC is just churning out people that sit in catering for 7 years before they are fired. When is the last time they had a completely home grown talent to justify the cost of that monstrosity? Strowman?

It would make sense but my speculation is the king of kings himself would have to admit defeat and he was wrong, he wouldn’t be going over doing that sooo

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Coward Vince won’t fire these people face-to-face, exposing himself to heroic germs that could change his company culture

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Bo Dallas can go suck in Cyber Fight as long as he stays out of Dragon Gate my new favorite promotion as of May 1st. Do not ruin Dragon Gate Bo Dallas.

Open that gate of dreams, Bo.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF3e0eRFBhw

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Until the New Day not only were the wrestlers not in the company anymore, but neither was a single opponent, lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 60 minutes!

Seams posted:

what the heck is an "oppressed dictator"

Vince, according to Vince

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

rip to a real one

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

imagine looking over billie kay's promos and skits from the last few years and thinking "employing this person to entertain on television every week is a bad idea, we should stop doing that" even beyond the immorality it's a loving stupid decision, she's amazing

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

imagine looking over billie kay's promos and skits from the last few years and thinking "employing this person to entertain on television every week is a bad idea, we should stop doing that" even beyond the immorality it's a loving stupid decision, she's amazing

:yeah:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Raskolnikov38 posted:

couldnt Xavier just walk away from his wwe contact if the g4 pay is enough?

You mean like an independent contractor can choose to stop doing business with a client?

No, of course not!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Posted this in the social media thread for some reason, intended to put it here

Was looking at Chelsea Green's wikipedia page because I didn't really know what she'd done and lol

”In November 2020, Green signed a three-year contract extension with WWE.[26] On April 15, 2021, WWE released Green from her contract.”

Nice three-year contract you got there

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

Heavy Aunty Donna vibes off the pair of them and they should lean into it.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS
It’s sad how all of the goodbye tweets are I’m so grateful and thank you Vince I wish someone would tweet gently caress You Vince

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Bloodbath posted:

It’s sad how all of the goodbye tweets are I’m so grateful and thank you Vince I wish someone would tweet gently caress You Vince
I think it's because even if they know they have a job lined up, the WWE is never going away and they don't want to burn that bridge. The best you're going to get are people comparing the WWE to a cult "But I have a good relationship with Vince"

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

publicly making GBS threads on your previous employer is universally a bad career move, and outweighs your desire to see a bit of twitter tea

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Honestly if I were a wrestler unless a company was actively dangerous to myself and others I'd say very little negative about people who I might one day have to work with again.

The problem is that WWE is actively dangerous to its talent.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

publicly making GBS threads on your previous employer is universally a bad career move, and outweighs your desire to see a bit of twitter tea
CM Punk is the cautionary tale.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

As funny as the firing comments are, his comment later on about how Batista will never become a star outside of wrestling hasn't exactly aged well.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
It’s kinda crazy that Batista ended up being a bigger star outside of wrestling than Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Shankel Magnus
Jul 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
So despite all these releases...Lacey Evans is still employed. :confused:

The only person happy today is Chris Jericho since he just got a whole lineup of interviews for his podcast.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Shankel Magnus posted:

So despite all these releases...Lacey Evans is still employed. :confused:

I have to imagine that even in America pregnant women are protected against being fired.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Wezlar posted:

I have to imagine that even in America pregnant women are protected against being fired.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawn_Marie_Psaltis

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Wezlar posted:

hahahaha

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

BGrifter posted:

It’s kinda crazy that Batista ended up being a bigger star outside of wrestling than Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Weirdly in his case I think it helps him that he was only ever a big star in wrestling rather than a megastar. I know a lot of people who love Dave Bautista and neither know nor care anything about wrestling, who might have been put off by him if he was just The Wrestling Guy.

It also helps that he is genuinely a very good actor and seems committed to working on his craft.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 60 minutes!

Wezlar posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shankel Magnus
Jul 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Wezlar posted:

Oops that’s what I get for not really paying attention for a year and a half.