Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
Man what a day for murderous cop news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

SchnorkIes posted:

I don't think you can take Americans and build a good country out of us

Garbage in, garbage out

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

facialimpediment posted:

Had the same thought, but the people that passed the bill actually don't give a poo poo about women's sports in the slightest. Transpeople are the new Other, so it's time to make people afraid.

Buddy, they don't give a gently caress about women period.

Probably could have worded that a little better myself

M_Gargantua posted:

Well it sounds like they have to pay a doctor to verify you, which is still gross as gently caress. Does sound like its written to legally also apply to men's teams which means you can bludgeon it to enrage everyone's parents and get it repealed.

The point of malicious compliance is to break the system and force them to give up on the whole process. Hopefully the courts just work faster. Or Florida sinks into the sea and takes its whole state government with it.

They'll just move into the statehouses in Montgomery and Atlanta

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Apr 16, 2021

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Teenagers, well known for never sneaking out at night.

Jesus christ gently caress off for a while Bored As gently caress. The only people that failed anyone was that bastard cop that shot a kid and the city that went to the mat for him

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Jesus christ gently caress off for a while Bored As gently caress. The only people that failed anyone was that bastard cop that shot a kid and the city that went to the mat for him

So you're saying the 21 year old criminal, who is on probation and is a prohibited possesor of firearms, who brought the kid to an alley to shoot and then handed the kid a gun, did nothing at all to contribute to this poor kid's death?

The ultimate blame goes to the cop but to say no one else failed the kid is preposterous.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Maybe the 21 year old shitbag who was hanging out with a 13 year old and shooting at cars late at night and the pig who shot the 13 year old can share a cell.

Itchy
May 23, 2006
I will probably regret asking this, but why would anyone oppose this?
https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1382886393156878338?s=19

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Itchy posted:

To trigger the libs :rolleye:

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

you guys hear about these cops shootin people

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Itchy posted:

Conservatives in general are stupid, spiteful and selfish

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

you guys hear about these cops shootin people

You're going to have to narrow it down by cities, dates and hours

canqued
Jan 18, 2020

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

This dude gets it.

Chicago gangs' child exploitation professionals, much like Chuck E Cheese, provide environments where a kid can be a kid.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Itchy posted:

Notice something they both have in common?

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/lauren_boebert/456805

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/marjorie_greene/456814

My guess is they're both intending to vote "nay" on loving *everything* and play the "we didn't vote for ANYTHING the liberals wanted because we're badasses" angle when it comes time for re-election.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Bored As gently caress posted:

So you're saying the 21 year old criminal, who is on probation and is a prohibited possesor of firearms, who brought the kid to an alley to shoot and then handed the kid a gun, did nothing at all to contribute to this poor kid's death?

The ultimate blame goes to the cop but to say no one else failed the kid is preposterous.

It's definitely not preposterous to immediately look for other people to blame when a cop murders an unarmed child though, no sir.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Blaming the mom in any way for that dude getting blasted by the cops is like blaming the joint he smoked a week ago.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Didn't crack double digits, barely news.

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1383019827988676608?s=19

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
There’s definitely a weather-related delay message that gets out into in fedex tracking, is there also one for “facility closed for a day or two due to a mass shooting?”

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Man, a simple workplace shooting like this seems so old fashioned these days.

Because we live in hell.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
More inequality than the gilded age, but this time the peasants are armed to the teeth...

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Holy poo poo that’s were by BIL works...

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

So what curbed going postal occurrences back in the day?

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Holy poo poo that’s were by BIL works...

drat dude wish you luck

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/apr/16/us-police-officers-public-officials-crowdfunding-website-data-breach

Only quoting some parts of this. Bolding mine

quote:

A data breach at a Christian crowdfunding website has revealed that serving police officers and public officials have donated money to fundraisers for accused vigilante murderers, far-right activists, and fellow officers accused of shooting black Americans.

In many of these cases, the donations were attached to their official email addresses, raising questions about the use of public resources in supporting such campaigns.

[sic]

Rittenhouse, who became a cause célèbre across conservative media throughout late 2020, and was even supported by then president Donald Trump, held a fundraiser on GiveSendGo billed as a contribution to his legal defense. According to data from the site, he raised $586,940 between 27 August last year and 7 January .

One donation for $25, made on 3 September last year, was made anonymously, but associated with the official email address for Sgt William Kelly, who currently serves as the executive officer of internal affairs in the Norfolk, police department in Virginia.

That donation also carried a comment, reading: “God bless. Thank you for your courage. Keep your head up. You’ve done nothing wrong.”

The comment continued: “Every rank and file police officer supports you. Don’t be discouraged by actions of the political class of law enforcement leadership.”

Another anonymous donation of $400 was attributed in site data to an email linked to Chris Andersen and carried the comment: “I think that Chief Acevedo is part of the ‘unrecognized form of police corruption’ that Chris Anderson [sic] wrote about in his book’. Hang in there guys!!!”

another $100 was associated with the official address of Michael Crosley, an engineer at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, a body which is charged with maintaining the US’s nuclear weapons stockpile.

Lynda Seaver, director of public affairs at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, wrote in an email that Michael Crosley had made “an honest mistake”, and had “never intended to use his Lab email on this matter”. :laffo:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Probably just a few bad apples and not a culture problem.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

So what curbed going postal occurrences back in the day?

drat dude wish you luck

Thanks. I just got off the phone with my sister, and my BIL is safe. He was on the other side of the buildings loading when the shooting happened, so pretty far removed relative to the situation.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
We are getting closer and closer to one of us directly experiencing a mass shooting (and some maybe already have).

How exciting!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Also to give you an idea of how hosed up this country is I saw 9 people died and momentarily reflected on the definition of “mass” in mass shooting.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

The vaccines are rolling out and mass shootings are returning. Truly america is healing.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Was it really the vaccines or just less coverage time because of the 24/7 trump saying something stupid coverage?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

stealie72 posted:

More inequality than the gilded age, but this time the peasants are armed to the teeth...

We can't have a mass uprising, that might jeopardize our pensions/retirement accounts! :ohdear:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

boop the snoot posted:

Also to give you an idea of how hosed up this country is I saw 9 people died and momentarily reflected on the definition of “mass” in mass shooting.

4 or more. That's a mass shooting these days.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

devmd01 posted:

There’s definitely a weather-related delay message that gets out into in fedex tracking, is there also one for “facility closed for a day or two due to a mass shooting?”

The future is here. Kinda like I can't pay my trash bill online because of an ongoing ransomware attack.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Since the forums died:

Liberty University filed a lawsuit against Falwell Jr. On the poolboy thing

Feds flipped an insurrectionist Oath Keeper and are putting him in witness protection after his guilty plea (and they're hanging charges of him bear spraying capitol police over his head)

Biden reversed his position on lifting Donnie's refugee cap, but is speeding up the process and changing the mix (more coming soon, it appears)

Gosar, MTG, and Boebert are forming an America First caucus in the House, out-and-out white nationalism in the founding statement

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/Haleaziz/status/1383097539574910982

It's bad but when you consider it's probably a hedge against climate riots it's probably worse

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I feel like we're starting to have days where you get "4 or more" separate shootings of at least 4 people.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

We can't have a mass uprising, that might jeopardize our pensions/retirement accounts! :ohdear:

Well the window for any kind of uprising is definitely closing with all the unmanned killer drones that are being produced / designed / deployed. That's if people in this country broadly wanted radical change, which it doesn't appear they really do

Hyrax Attack! posted:

The future is here. Kinda like I can't pay my trash bill online because of an ongoing ransomware attack.

This + the pandemic + regular riots really suggests we are in one of the horrible alternate futures portrayed in 90s movies

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Apr 16, 2021

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Eej posted:

https://twitter.com/Haleaziz/status/1383097539574910982

It's bad but when you consider it's probably a hedge against climate riots it's probably worse

I mean with an active pandemic and such it might not be a great time to encourage mass movements of people.

But gently caress maintaining any policy Trump set.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Eej posted:

Nobody really understands why Biden isn't lifting the cap, because he stated he wanted to a few months ago and Donnie already attacked him for it. Either him or the administration is looking at the polling data (he's net-negative on anything immigration or refugee stuff) and suddenly getting cold feet.

I'm irrationally hopeful that the cap gets lifted in a few months once vaccines are 100% available and chudfucks can't yell about refugees getting vaccines before (white) Americans.

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1383110871707230209?s=19

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

where were you for the great forums outage of 20221

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

EBB posted:

where were you for the great forums outage of 20221

At work not able to read the forums on my breaks.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Grip it and rip it posted:

This + the pandemic + regular riots really suggests we are in one of the horrible alternate futures portrayed in 90s movies

Still waiting on instructions for my 3 sea shells.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Who's bad opinion killed the forums?