Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

THS posted:

nick mullen is way more queer positive than something like npr

The "Bert and Ernie as a gay New York couple" is an all time bit

In the middle is the guest host talking about loving a steak and Stav nearly dying of laughter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

do you think his full quote is supportive of matty

or did you just fall for that thing that he describes like two paragraphs earlier, about how libs can't comprehend the difference between "this is true" and "this is good"

it's not a long read, man

"because to say that was to suggest that reducing police violence was possible and in so doing understate the depths of Black oppression"

is a lie, from the author, that you like

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Victory Position posted:

linking this hosed up tweet again, just so people can be sure cops are loving out of their minds

https://twitter.com/comfortablecam/status/1382797429603409921

None of this is real, try to find a source that isn't on reason.com

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
ive been getting more into death around the corner and by gawd it's opening up my third eye that's been closed since ever since as a teen when i tried downloading the bomb making manual that was featured in battle royale and instead decided to join the workforce

Honest Thief has issued a correction as of 14:00 on Apr 16, 2021

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Introduce her to Dr Richard Wolff's podcast, economic update.

this goon is probated for 16 days still. I followed their advice. Chatted with the same very cute girl about podcasts again earlier. I suggested "Economic Update" and she was more interested when I mentioned it was a "Marxist" podcast; she is turns out is from Venezuela and has a complex relationship with the subject.

anyway I have her phone number and she seemed excited to see me again in the future

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

bedpan posted:

this goon is probated for 16 days still. I followed their advice. Chatted with the same very cute girl about podcasts again earlier. I suggested "Economic Update" and she was more interested when I mentioned it was a "Marxist" podcast; she is turns out is from Venezuela and has a complex relationship with the subject.

anyway I have her phone number and she seemed excited to see me again in the future

she's going to murder you on behalf of the cia, op

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

bedpan posted:

Lol if this works better than Obama's fake bullshit

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

It’s silly hearing Will on Chapo talk about seeing an Every Time I Die concert for the first time because for the longest time of you lived in the Midwest and were in high school seeing Metal/Emo concerts by bands like that was the only thing to do on weekends.

Although the venues were always silly like pizza places and Music stores, etc.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

roller rinks, sometimes a well-known parking lot,

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Victory Position posted:

roller rinks, sometimes a well-known parking lot,

bowling alley, barn, cornfield.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

Lol if this works better than Obama's fake bullshit

lmao. the gals at occidental college saw right through him and shut him down time after time

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Honest Thief posted:

ive been getting more into death around the corner and by gawd it's opening up my third eye that's been closed since ever since as a teen when i tried downloading the bomb making manual that was featured in battle royale and instead decided to join the workforce

hell yeah D\C crew

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
eagerly awaiting the debut of the concert livestream and the bitrate sucks and works for noone for 10 hours straight

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
gonna listen to this and compare it to blowback. should be fun

https://twitter.com/Slate/status/1383075710248574976

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

well it's already getting ratio'd with nothing but posts about Blowback, so

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

yeah but i'm actually gonna listen to it, not like these people doing free advertising. are there any other iraq war podcasts that might be awful

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

David Dimbleby did a podcast about the Iraq War called The Fault Line, and from what I gather he actually interviews some of the people directly involved in it.

I'm guessing its going to have some serious blindspots given that Dimbleby works for the BBC

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Thinking about the Blowback episode they did about videogames and the Iraq War, they really missed out on covering just how big Desert Storm loomed over 16-bit games, the ____Strike series, even into the Playstation with Soviet Strike you had a level based on helping rebel fighters defense themselves against Not Saddam Hussein. Like any random military themed game that was on SNES or Genesis was either based around Desert Storm or had at least one level putting you either directly against Iraq or a look alike with serial numbers filled off

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Blowback is the best podcast of 2020 easy

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

For sure. It helps that the production is absolutely excellent, and it's scripted (pretty sure?).

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

KomradeX posted:

Thinking about the Blowback episode they did about videogames and the Iraq War, they really missed out on covering just how big Desert Storm loomed over 16-bit games, the ____Strike series, even into the Playstation with Soviet Strike you had a level based on helping rebel fighters defense themselves against Not Saddam Hussein. Like any random military themed game that was on SNES or Genesis was either based around Desert Storm or had at least one level putting you either directly against Iraq or a look alike with serial numbers filled off

i have a very fond memory of my friends and i repeatedly dying to the first minute of the coop campaign of “Operation: Desert Storm” on the nintendo gamecube until we were cry laughing every time we would take 5 steps forward and die to something completely new

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

KomradeX posted:

much like helicopters in real life, helicopters in games tend to be a complete disaster to control

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

i have a very fond memory of my friends and i repeatedly dying to the first minute of the coop campaign of “Operation: Desert Storm” on the nintendo gamecube until we were cry laughing every time we would take 5 steps forward and die to something completely new

That game ruled. It was so loving hard

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://twitter.com/prabhdeep_5/status/1382836272293507075?s=19

u shamed me into bigotry!

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
i mean shes right but lol at making that dumb video. shoulda just posted through it instead of having a meltdown.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
How could you be on social media long enough to build a career off of it without internalizing "just ignore it" as the only viable reaction to people trying to cancel you lol

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

I remember that game, or really kirst the level where you had to blow up the SCUD launchers cause I remember my buddy in high school surebut like an hour and half doing that level

Victory Position posted:

much like helicopters in real life, helicopters in games tend to be a complete disaster to control

I remember trying to fly them in Battlefield 2 way back on Xbox and just instantly crashing every single time

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
she should have just posted that 30 second video and then replied lol or lmao to everyone who tried to engage with her i think

e: or maybe just done the lol lmao bit, idk I'm not an expert

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Farm Frenzy posted:

the mcelroys were way more wholesome when that wasn't their thing

I haven't listened to them in years, is it like every day is Candlenights or something?

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

that is some serious Sweet Dee lighting!

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"
Poor Lindsay. Thought of people calling her racist and died.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Gorn Myson posted:

David Dimbleby did a podcast about the Iraq War called The Fault Line, and from what I gather he actually interviews some of the people directly involved in it.

I'm guessing its going to have some serious blindspots given that Dimbleby works for the BBC

thats not a real name

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
David Be Bimble, Small as a Thimble

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
there's a whole family of dimblebees

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Zedhe Khoja posted:

i mean shes right but lol at making that dumb video. shoulda just posted through it instead of having a meltdown.

absolutely. she is actually completely correct here and the great prophet mattahmed christman basically said that on his Volga. it’s all cope. cope all the way

but still lmao at melting down to breadtublr. always just ignore and never engage and nothing bad will happen to you

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

never been in this thread before but this girl looks cool, and should consider becoming my wife

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

A Russian troll farm posted:

The only "bodies and spaces" I'm into is clearing a minefield using my own body, opening space for the elite revolutionary guard armored divisions to punch through enemy lines

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

A Russian troll farm posted:

The only "bodies and spaces" I'm into is clearing a minefield using my own body, opening space for the elite revolutionary guard armored divisions to punch through enemy lines

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

I don't know who this Lindsay person is, all I know is she doesn't inspire me to throw myself in front of a machine gun nest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Smythe posted:

never been in this thread before but this girl looks cool, and should consider becoming my wife

prime Smythewife imo. goon project anyone??

also what do you think of podcasts. can podcast be theater