Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
I can't wait to see Cena in another film, his comic timing is genuinely amazing. Really funny dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

What the gently caress is this

Did they have to green screen their scenes separately and try to stitch them together?

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

My superpower is granny shifting when I should be double clutching

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Ganso Bomb posted:

What the gently caress is this

Did they have to green screen their scenes separately and try to stitch them together?

They're standing beside eachother, not in front of eachother

AK-47
Jul 10, 2001

https://twitter.com/WrestleTalk_TV/status/1383137937391489033

This fuckin guy...

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Also The Rock is considerably taller than Vin so they shot this in a way so it looks like they are roughly the same height.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXrwgxAbOrA

Vin with the GOAT line read

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

BGrifter posted:

At first I thought they were dumb as hell and didn’t even attempt to be plausible. But once you realize everyone is a superhero with mutant powers they never discuss, it makes sense.

Plus, it’s all about fambly.

so basically, AEW

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Vin’s got to look tall brother.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

If they release Breeze that's a full sweep of the flatbacks crew. He's on a main roster contract in NXT I believe, so I could definitely see him being out.

Does he still do stuff with Woods? They love loving with Woods after all.

Breeze is on almost literally every UUDD video these days.

AK-47
Jul 10, 2001

The Stroker Ace posted:

It's this, he's not Adam Cole levels of 6'0 bad but he is definitely juicing that number for the Wikipedia profile. Good 4-6" between him and The Rock

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

The Stroker Ace posted:

I was going to make a dumb joke about Vin looking tall but Rock Walking Tall.

But my Google image search revealed this is a thing that exists:

lol

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

IcePhoenix posted:

I was promised nxt cuts when are they

every one and a half seconds, and abrupt enough to cause significant nausea.

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Hasta la Sunset Vista, baby

Roman Reigns posted:

Also The Rock is considerably taller than Vin so they shot this in a way so it looks like they are roughly the same height.

And if I'm remembering right it's at the end of the movie where they really just want to hug it out but are too macho to say it directly to each other's face.

Fate of the Furious is the one where they're basically never on screen together.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I can't wait to see Cena in another film, his comic timing is genuinely amazing. Really funny dude.

Hopefully you mean "The Suicide Squad" because in that F9 movie he's just gonna be monotone and glowering and boring as gently caress as to not outshine the fragility that is Vin Diesel.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I'm sure Diesel has some weird rear end rules in his contract about how they're allowed to shot him next to taller actors just like how his character can't lose any fights.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It just looks so bizarre. Almost makes me want to watch a Fast movie to see how weird they are, a thing I've never done.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

JT Smiley posted:

I'm sure Diesel has some weird rear end rules in his contract about how they're allowed to shot him next to taller actors just like how his character can't lose any fights.

The Stallone/Arnold/Van Damme/Segal Clause I believe it's termed as.

Ganso Bomb posted:

It just looks so bizarre. Almost makes me want to watch a Fast movie to see how weird they are, a thing I've never done.

It's a thing done a lot more naturally in anime, like a Vegeta and Goku thing.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Ganso Bomb posted:

They’re dumb as hell but kind of fun to watch in that spirit. Dudes flying through the air like it’s Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon but without any of the intentional mythological vibe CTHD was going for.

Plus they’re all about fambly. Unless their fambly is more popular than your fambly then gently caress your fambly.

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

It's somehow simultaneously the best and worst franchise.

5-7 are legit great action heists with superheroes in cars, don't sleep on those.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I’m the sicko who likes Tokyo Drift best. Probably the dumbest Fast and the Furious movie.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Ganso Bomb posted:

Fast Five is a genuinely fun and silly heist movie that requires essentially no knowledge of the series to work. There's a scene where they rob a safe from a police station and drive down a street dragging it behind their cars, it's loving idiotic.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

BGrifter posted:

I’m the sicko who likes Tokyo Drift best. Probably the dumbest Fast and the Furious movie.

tokyo drift was hilariously dumb but sung kang is so loving cool that he just makes the movie kind of fun to watch, esp the dynamic between him and lucas black in full yokel mode (this is his only mode)

5 was a real fun action heist movie with great action set pieces

after 5 i got bored with them but i like those two yea

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

My partner is going to be out of town for a week next month and I took that time off of work, so maybe I'll blast through these dumb, dumb movies then since I'll have lots of time to fill.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Jiro posted:

The Stallone/Arnold/Van Damme/Segal Clause I believe it's termed as.

In wrestling it's the HHH can't be shown in a weak/prone position clause.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

My partner is going to be out of town for a week next month and I took that time off of work, so maybe I'll blast through these dumb, dumb movies then since I'll have lots of time to fill.

fast 4 is basically not worth watching even for people who like f&f movies so like if you wanna complete them, just make sure you're also doing anything that will hold your attention during that one

e: oh and i still genuinely like 1 because i was 13 when it came out and i went and saw it in theaters and i wanted a lowered acura integra with a dumb plastic body kit real bad anyway, plus point break is just a great movie

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Is this because of the beef between the two? Because if so - totes unprofessional

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I'm enjoying the fact that people in this thread are talking about literally anything else rather than WWE.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
It’s probably worth mentioning given the thread we’re in that The Rock doesn’t show up till Fast Five.

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

1 is fun to watch now as a novelty and to compare where they start vs the ridiculous scale it ramps up to.

2, 4, and 8 I'd say are just flat bad.

3 & 5-7 loving rule though and make the whole franchise worth it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Lamuella posted:

I'm enjoying the fact that people in this thread are talking about literally anything else rather than WWE.

Evergreen: gently caress WWE

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Rarity posted:

Also the Rock is the highest paid actor in Hollywood and there's a reason for that

Disney loves his big goofy act, and I'm actually amazed he hasn't been pulled into a Marvel film yet.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Lamuella posted:

every one and a half seconds, and abrupt enough to cause significant nausea.

very good

Envisioned posted:

1 is fun to watch now as a novelty and to compare where they start vs the ridiculous scale it ramps up to.

2, 4, and 8 I'd say are just flat bad.

3 & 5-7 loving rule though and make the whole franchise worth it.

:hai:

Jiro posted:

Hopefully you mean "The Suicide Squad" because in that F9 movie he's just gonna be monotone and glowering and boring as gently caress as to not outshine the fragility that is Vin Diesel.

yeah I think he'll be great in TSS

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

2 is only good because eva mendez and also bruh

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

BGrifter posted:

Tokyo Drift also has the most blatantly homoerotic line in the whole franchise, and that's a crowded field

"I didn't know he was into American muscle."

"He was when he was rollin' with me."

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
The weird names for all the F&F movies kinda own too. Instead of it just being F&F1, 2, 3 it’s 2 Fast 2 Furious. Or the 4th one they did the thing Apple did when they tried to name an iPad “the new iPad” so it’s called Fast & Furious with no The. Then they realized that’s confusing as gently caress so the next one is just called Fast Five.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

JT Smiley posted:

Suddenly I wanna see Kevin Hart start bigleaguing to get a contract like that.

Liquid Communism posted:

Disney loves his big goofy act, and I'm actually amazed he hasn't been pulled into a Marvel film yet.

He's been wanting to play Black Adam in DC for like 10 years. It's basically the DC's version of Channing Tatum wanting to be Gambit.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lamuella posted:

1) gently caress WWE
2) Firing a bunch of people during a plague for the second time in 366 days (and the same day as a year ago) isn't funny, two actors who pride themselves on appearing big and tough being too big of actual drama queens to film their part of a scene being in the same room as each other is hilarious. I know which I'd rather talk about when I need to laugh

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Liquid Communism posted:

He's been trying for years to land a role as Black Adam (and it's paid off, movie's slated to come out in summer 2022), presumably so much so that he's rebuffed any offers Disney may have made in that vein

e;f,b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Lamuella posted:

Kind of hard to talk about them without being worried about their future. They’ve had to cut budgets and talents and I don’t know how much longer they can put smiles on people’s faces. Maybe they’ll cut 15 NXT contracts and be able to make ends meet. If not then we may need to start a GoFundMe for them.