Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Jerusalem posted:

HM: The Bakuretsu Sisters (C) vs. Sakisama/Mei Saint Michel (The loving French!) for the Princess Tag Team Championship - TJPW ~STILL INCOMPLETE~ 4/17

Really good match with some neat spots, but this nomination is mostly for the ending which was so, so well done!

+1

:france:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW Still Incomplete April 17th
HM
Hikari Noa vs Miyu Yamashita
- Miyu is so cool and tough :allears: Hikari is doing real well for herself as well
BeeStar (Suzume and Mirai Maiumi) vs Kyoruaku Kyomei (Shoko Nakajima and Hyper Misao) vs Magical Sugar Rabbits (Yuka Sakazaki and Mizuki)
- Fun and Chaotic with 6 rad ladies
Bakuretsu Sisters (Nodoka Tenma and Yuki Aino) (c) vs NEO Biishiki-gun (Sakisama and Mei Saint-Michel) - Princess Tag Championship
- Tiny Steiners' greatest title threat. Saki and MSM are so great, and the sisters tossed them around a bunch. Top stuff, loved it

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Jerusalem posted:

HM: The Bakuretsu Sisters (C) vs. NEO Biishiki-gun (Sakisama/Mei Saint Michel) for the Princess Tag Team Championship - TJPW ~STILL INCOMPLETE~ 4/17

Really good match with some neat spots, but this nomination is mostly for the ending which was so, so well done!

nth

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

TJPW Still Incomplete 4/17

HM: Miyu Yamashita vs. Hikari Noa
HM: NEO Biishiki-gun vs. The Bakuretsu Sisters
HM: Rika Tatsumi vs. Maki Itoh

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

HM: Maki vs Rika

I thought it'd be good but it exceeded my expectations. Miyu vs Hikari was MOTN tho.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pylons posted:

Seconding this, there were some real good spots that stood out in a really solid match.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Still Incomplete April 17th
HM
Hikari Noa vs Miyu Yamashita
- Miyu is so cool and tough :allears: Hikari is doing real well for herself as well
BeeStar (Suzume and Mirai Maiumi) vs Kyoruaku Kyomei (Shoko Nakajima and Hyper Misao) vs Magical Sugar Rabbits (Yuka Sakazaki and Mizuki)
- Fun and Chaotic with 6 rad ladies
Bakuretsu Sisters (Nodoka Tenma and Yuki Aino) (c) vs NEO Biishiki-gun (Sakisama and Mei Saint-Michel) - Princess Tag Championship
- Tiny Steiners' greatest title threat. Saki and MSM are so great, and the sisters tossed them around a bunch. Top stuff, loved it

Senerio posted:

HM: Maki vs Rika

I thought it'd be good but it exceeded my expectations. Miyu vs Hikari was MOTN tho.

Nth to all, it was a good show.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Pylons posted:

Nth

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm gonna go MOTYC on Miyu/Noa. That was sick and I preferred it to Miyu/Maki from 1.4

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AJPW Champion Carnival Night 4 April 17th
HM
Jake Lee vs Shinjiro Otani
- Otani continues to rule, this was my favourite Jake Lee match of the CC so far
Zeus vs Yuma Aoyagi
- Zeus is so goddamn cool, and Aoyagi is really growing on me. Hard hitting and with a finishing sequence I didn't see coming, well worth the watch

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Pylons posted:

Yeah, Nth to all of these. The elf and the goblin fighting the dwarves was my favourite bit.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Pylons posted:

nth

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
17th April
AJPW Champion Carnival Night 4
Kohei Sato vs Shotaro Ashino

HM
17th April
Jake Lee vs Shinjiro Otani

HM
17th April
Yuma Aoyagi vs Zeus

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Pylons posted:

Nth to all three, with the triple threat tag being very fun and worth watching if you already are watching the show. Which you should, because TJPW is great.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

MOTYC: Best Bros (C) vs Chango and Psycho for the Asia Dream Tag Titles, GatohMove/ChocoPro 108, 4/17

Holy goddamn

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Neodoomium posted:

MOTYC: Best Bros (C) vs Chango and Psycho, ChocoPro 108, 4/17

+1

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Neodoomium posted:

MOTYC: Best Bros (C) vs Chango and Psycho for the Asia Dream Tag Titles, GatohMove/ChocoPro 108, 4/17

+1

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AJPW Champion Cup Night 5 April 18th
HM
Kento Miyahara vs Koji Doi
- Kento's worst match of the tournament so far, but that mostly came as a consequence of being the first tournament match of teh night. Still real good, Kento rules and Koji looked strong in parts
Shinjiro Otani vs Shuji Ishikawa
- Old man vs larger old man, you love to see it
Jake Lee vs Yuma Aoyagi
- Between this and the Zeus match yesterday, Aoyagi plays a real good underdog.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Neodoomium posted:

Holy goddamn

Nth, one of the best matches in Emi Sakura’s Gatoh Move: Chocolate Professional Wrestling history

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

HM: Great O-Khan and Aaron Henare vs Sanada and Tetsuya Naito, NJPW Road To Wrestling Dontaku 18/4/2021

Solid, fun tag match. Ultimately not much in the way of consequence but everyone looked great.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Lamuella posted:

HM: Great O-Khan and Aaron Henare vs Sanada and Tetsuya Naito, NJPW Road To Wrestling Dontaku 18/4/2021

Solid, fun tag match. Ultimately not much in the way of consequence but everyone looked great.

nth i liked it

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Neodoomium posted:

Holy goddamn

Nth

I only started watching ChocoPro around the beginning of their season 6 but I thought this was probably the best match I've seen so far, just really great stuff from everyone involved

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Jack Evans vs. Jungle Boy, AEW Dark: Elevation, March 29
HM: Danny Limelight vs. Konosuke Takeshita, AEW Dark: Elevation, April 12

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Lamuella posted:

Yeah agreed

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW Road to Wrestling Dontaku April 19th
HM

Tomohiro Ishii vs Yujiro Takahashi
- Ishii is good as always, and Yuj had his working boots on. Good stuff
Hirooki Goto vs Taiji Ishimori
- Pretty good Jr vs heavy match, the ending really pushed it over the top for me
Kenta vs Yoshi-Hashi
- Both guys brought their A-games for this, a real good match with a great ending sequence

This was a breath of fresh air after the endless Korakuen tag extravaganzas, real entertaining

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

SG Bamboo posted:

HM

Hirooki Goto vs Taiji Ishimori
- Pretty good Jr vs heavy match, the ending really pushed it over the top for me
Kenta vs Yoshi-Hashi
- Both guys brought their A-games for this, a real good match with a great ending sequence

This was a breath of fresh air after the endless Korakuen tag extravaganzas, real entertaining

nth to all of these. good night of wrassling.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

HM

I'll Nth this one and also say that the whole card outside of the opener is worth checking out. At least find a gif of the finish to the LIJ/Empire tag.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
HM: Leyla Hirsch + Ryo Mizunami vs Nyla Rose + Madi Wrenkowski, Apr 19 AEW Dark Elevation

real fun match, gimme more aew women's tag matches

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

flatluigi posted:

HM: Leyla Hirsch + Ryo Mizunami vs Nyla Rose + Madi Wrenkowski, Apr 19 AEW Dark Elevation

+1

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

flatluigi posted:

Nth. Nyla freaking out in the corner adds so much to this.

HM: Matt Sydal, Mike Sydal, & Danny Limelight vs. Kenny Omega, MT Nakazawa, and Konosuke Takeshita, 4/19 AEW Dark Elevation.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

flatluigi posted:

Pylons posted:

HM: Matt Sydal, Mike Sydal, & Danny Limelight vs. Kenny Omega, MT Nakazawa, and Konosuke Takeshita, 4/19 AEW Dark Elevation.

yep

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

flatluigi posted:

Yeah, Nth. Good storytelling, great comedy, and Leyla and Ryo looked cool as gently caress throughout.

Pylons posted:

Nth. Nyla freaking out in the corner adds so much to this.

Nth, too. They got the comedy shenanigans out of the way early and just let really good wrestlers have a really good match.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pylons posted:

nth

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

WMOTYC
18th April
All Japan Champion Carnival Night 5
Takatoshi Matsumoto vs Yoshitatsu

Tournament has been at a consistently good level but this is a non-tournament match. It's a "Road to the Royal Road Strong Style-The Second Heterogeneous Fighting Battle-" match according to the AJPW website, which amounts to a shootstyle kind of match. And this seems to be a thing Yoshitatsu is doing now? No idea who encouraged this.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
HM: Max Caster vs Alan V Angels, AEW Dark 4/20

max caster's in-ring character is getting better and better and this is one of the best matches he's had so far with some A+ mid-match banter. a great showing for angels as well, but he's always been quietly great

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Neodoomium posted:

Nth

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

flatluigi posted:

max caster's in-ring character is getting better and better and this is one of the best matches he's had so far with some A+ mid-match banter. a great showing for angels as well, but he's always been quietly great

+1

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

RealFoxy posted:

MOTYC Miyu Yamashita vs Maki Itoh (TJPW Korakuen 2021 - January 4th)

Hey they put this match up for free! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyALv9Zxkz0

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

flatluigi posted:

yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

HM: YOSHI-HASHI, Ishii, Goto vs KENTA, Yujiro, and Taiji Ishimori

Fun 6 man and Goto didn't Goto this defense!