Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

Oh god the Dodgers are 11-2?!
also the largest run differential, the lowest o-swing%, highest z-contact%, and 7 guys with an OPS over .950 right now

they're good, op

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Apr 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

this sucks, what a lovely way to break a leg (getting cleated on a close play at 1B)

https://twitter.com/truebluela/status/1383209316660961280

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
So that's what, 4 weeks in a walking cast and then rehab?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Yankees are gonna free up a lot of my time this summer!

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Death Vomit Wizard posted:

Oh just the Braves. I'm considering SD and NYM right now because I like what I've seen lately from the owners. But I've always liked LA too. :shrug:

Edit: that's assuming the Mets ownership was really in the dark about Porter and Calloway. Hmm yeah maybe gently caress the Mets

This is from a bit back, but If you like exciting young players who hit the bejesus out of the ball, could I interest you in the Dunedin Blue Jays?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

quote:

Kyle Wright threw 78 pitches in his 2021 debut. Of those 78 pitches across 4 1⁄3 innings of work, four hit a Cubs batter. The result? Wright tied the record for most hit batsmen in a game going back to 1901
:toot:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I gotta admit, I didnt have the Reds pegged as the best offense in baseball.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
With all the wacky rear end blurnsball poo poo Manfred has proposed, double bases at first are really a no brainer

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

With all the wacky rear end blurnsball poo poo Manfred has proposed, double bases at first are really a no brainer

Just have the extra base be in foul territory. It makes no difference to the rest of the game that way and you don't have dumb instances of runners getting called out of the base path.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Popete posted:

Just have the extra base be in foul territory. It makes no difference to the rest of the game that way and you don't have dumb instances of runners getting called out of the base path.

I just assumed that was the plan because that's how it was in every youth league that had double bags, does he want them both in Fair territory?

Death Vomit Wizard
May 8, 2006
Bottom Feeder

Patrick Spens posted:

This is from a bit back, but If you like exciting young players who hit the bejesus out of the ball, could I interest you in the Dunedin Blue Jays?
I'll put them in my list of possibles. I am looking for an organization with a good culture. If you call out/ don't hire creeps, don't fill your stadium to max capacity in plague times, and pay your players, you qualify.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/ktsharp/status/1383236957120069635

LOL

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Death Vomit Wizard posted:

I'll put them in my list of possibles. I am looking for an organization with a good culture. If you call out/ don't hire creeps, don't fill your stadium to max capacity in plague times, and pay your players, you qualify.

When Osuna was arrested for assaulting his girlfriend, the Blue Jays immediately said that he would never play for them again, and traded him for Ken Giles.

They're currently allowing a maximum of 1,000 fans at their home games.

They did some service time manipulation with the current young guys, but the team does seem willing to pay big money for players.

They're owned by one of Canada's really lovely telecom companies, so it's probably a factor that they don't want to have bad publicity for the parent company. The team itself seems to have a good culture.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Chamale posted:

When Osuna was arrested for assaulting his girlfriend, the Blue Jays immediately said that he would never play for them again, and traded him for Ken Giles.

They're currently allowing a maximum of 1,000 fans at their home games.

They did some service time manipulation with the current young guys, but the team does seem willing to pay big money for players.

They're owned by one of Canada's really lovely telecom companies, so it's probably a factor that they don't want to have bad publicity for the parent company. The team itself seems to have a good culture.

They never said Osuna would never play for them again and floated through the media, up until he was traded months later, the idea that he would come back to the team to see what public support was. He was traded because fans were almost in open revolt at the idea of him returning.

The front office also hired and most likely knew about Mickey Callaway on Cleveland

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

our beefy lad
https://twitter.com/Starting9/status/1383239958278725637?s=20

(don't look up what joc did today as the winning run in the bottom of the ninth, here's a hint it's not that)

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/CBNEWSPHOTOG/status/1383163589297594371

New bullpens coming along nicely

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Bucs were good tonight. Brubaker is a good pitcher.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

GalacticAcid posted:

Bucs were good tonight. Brubaker is a good pitcher.

I'm more encouraged by Polanco hitting a dinger tonight. It'd be nice to see him turn it around.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Yeah def, I've remained a big Polanco believer through thick and thin. Thought he was taking a lot of good at bats, hitting hard balls that found gloves, getting burned on some calls early on and eventually luck would turn. Really gratifying to see him getting some results

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Just noting here that Willians Astudillo pitched tonight and nature cannot contain such beauty https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1383279055374454786?s=20

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hoyer'll call him tomorrow.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

news: m's beat astros, are in first place for another day
https://twitter.com/mariners/status/1383289564735827972?s=21

views:

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

As an Angels fan, I’m here for the Mariners-Padres world series

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Mr. Fix It posted:

views:

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

7 in a row :toot:

I think this team might be good

Chamuska
Apr 8, 2018

AgreegrA
This game felt like World Series game 1. Let’s go dodgers !

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

what a payoff that was

https://twitter.com/StephenNelson/status/1383316374395621377

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Man, Price threw 16 of 18 pitches for strikes!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

God the Astros are so loving awful this year

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов
I hope the next dodgers Padres game doesn’t also take 5 hours

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов
Runner on 2nd rule in extras sucks. Just have ties. Or one extra inning, followed by a home run derby if necessary

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Mr. Fix It posted:

views:

Every win right now is gravy. For what feels like the first time in forever there's real talent in the pipeline.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Kirios posted:

God the Astros are so loving awful this year

Half the lineup is out for covid, we lost George, and the bullpen sucks again.

All things considered we’re not that bad and I’m fine with it. I was honestly expecting a lot worse this year.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Mariners fans getting their hopes up in April actually hurts my heart at this point

It's the Oh, honey... episode of HIMYM

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Intruder posted:

Mariners fans getting their hopes up in April actually hurts my heart at this point

Absolutely. We do this to ourselves. 20 years now.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Intruder posted:

like i said in april 2019, we know there's no hope of sustained success so we enjoy poo poo while we can. does some part of me hope for some cinderella run to the playoffs? sure. the rest of me knows the team will end up around .500 at best. do not feel bad for us, we know the nature and depth of our sickness.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
So why is Yankees twitter declaring the season over after one lopsided loss to the Rays when they're .500 and its basically 3 weeks into the season?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

davecrazy posted:

So why is Yankees twitter declaring the season over after one lopsided loss to the Rays when they're .500 and its basically 3 weeks into the season?

Fans are bad.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Eventually we will have enough advanced stats and modeling that we can skip the arduous process of playing baseball games and skip straight to post-season awards and modeling for the next season based on last season's results. Fans who demand the games be played just get in the way of this eventuality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

I get that but these takes are something else from reporters.

https://twitter.com/lindseyadler/status/1383246577167335433?s=20

Apparently the game was temporarily suspended due to fans throwing stuff on the field?

Did Aaron Judge literally take a poo poo on home plate or something?

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Apr 17, 2021