Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

drat that sucks. You get to the game, grab your nachos on your way to your seat and they're immediately destroyed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Intruder posted:

drat that sucks. You get to the game, grab your nachos on your way to your seat and they're immediately destroyed
The team gave him new nachos and a WS hoodie like an inning later

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I was just making a joke since it's the third inning

I guess I could have done a better job conveying it

Intruder fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Apr 15, 2021

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Ah sorry to ruin your very funny “dodgers fans arrive late” joke maybe next time you can include some kind of audible signal so I know it’s coming

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Why would I make an audible signal

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

bawfuls posted:

The team gave him new nachos and a WS hoodie like an inning later

Unfortunately this was after he'd left the game.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Intruder posted:

Honestly ever since your toxx cooking I've assumed your digestive tract is constantly doing that for you.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

Honestly ever since your toxx cooking I've assumed your digestive tract is constantly doing that for you.

Seems a fair assumption

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

bawfuls posted:

Ah sorry to ruin your very funny “dodgers fans arrive late” joke maybe next time you can include some kind of audible signal so I know it’s coming

this guy is mad

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

The Dodger fans getting to the ballpark late joke is always good actually, but the one time I went to Dodger Stadium we left the fashion district (3.5 miles away from the park) in an Uber over an hour before first pitch and got in in the second inning.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Intruder posted:

So he knows it's a curveball, two bangs should suffice

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Intruder posted:

I was just making a joke since it's the third inning

I guess I could have done a better job conveying it

What was a Dodger fan doing there in the third inning?

Chamuska
Apr 8, 2018

AgreegrA

Intruder posted:

I like how the umpires had to review this just in case it was Fan interference when the ball clearly landed on the guys plate. 🤣

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Chamuska posted:

I like how the umpires had to review this just in case it was Fan interference when the ball clearly landed on the guys plate. 🤣

That was just an excuse for them to watch the chips get demolished in slow mo

"Pretty sure it smashed some dude's plate, fuckin hilarious. Stop the game real quick so you can see it dude."

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

:hmmyes:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Johnny Cueto has a 1.80 ERA in 3 starts, including narrowly missing a CGSO, so of course he's headed to the IL with a lat strain. Story of his Giants career.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

nah dude just cause it was a plague season doesn't mean the dodgers deserve one of those

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Intruder posted:

This was a good post and i laughed

Death Vomit Wizard
May 8, 2006
Bottom Feeder

Slimy Hog posted:

Are you done with baseball or just the braves?

Oh just the Braves. I'm considering SD and NYM right now because I like what I've seen lately from the owners. But I've always liked LA too. :shrug:

Edit: that's assuming the Mets ownership was really in the dark about Porter and Calloway. Hmm yeah maybe gently caress the Mets

Death Vomit Wizard fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Apr 16, 2021

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The Dodgers front office had crimes.xls and they’re pretty much all owned by billionaires

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Death Vomit Wizard posted:

Hmm yeah maybe gently caress the Mets

:hmmyes:

Chamuska
Apr 8, 2018

AgreegrA

Intruder posted:

nah dude just cause it was a plague season doesn't mean the dodgers deserve one of those

You’re right Astros for sure tho

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

coming in pretty late with the reply :v:

Death Vomit Wizard
May 8, 2006
Bottom Feeder

bawfuls posted:

The Dodgers front office had crimes.xls and they’re pretty much all owned by billionaires
What is the crimes.xls thing

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Supposedly the Dodgers had a spreadsheet to keep track of just how much of a criminal each of their international employees were or something like that

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Hey now, the Mariners were in first on April 27th in 2019. I want a banner for that too.

Death Vomit Wizard
May 8, 2006
Bottom Feeder
Well I'm leaning towards SD just cause I loled when I read that Walter O'Malley forced MLB to add a team so that his Dodgers would have someone down the street to beat up on.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Well I'm leaning towards SD just cause I loled when I read that Walter O'Malley forced MLB to add a team so that his Dodgers would have someone down the street to beat up on.
His grandson is the principal owner of the Padres now

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sounds like he was also the principal owner of the Padres

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/ericstephen/status/1047165887806038016

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Pungry posted:

Hey now, the Mariners were in first on April 27th in 2019. I want a banner for that too.

April 2019 def deserves some sort of banner. What a ride.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Fix It posted:

April 2019 def deserves some sort of banner. What a ride.

Someone posted a Tweet from here from their streak and I wish I could find it. It featured Encarnacion and his parrot and I wish I could remember more but it was very good.

Anyone remember this? I know my description is very vague.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The like fourth diamond dynasty moment in the show. Your task is to hit a dinger

:chefskiss:

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Vlad Jr

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The Dodgers are 11-2 and I’m hyped for this weekend’s series in SD

Chamuska
Apr 8, 2018

AgreegrA

bawfuls posted:

The Dodgers are 11-2 and I’m hyped for this weekend’s series in SD

They’re gonna play Barnes on Sunday against Snell.

Chamuska
Apr 8, 2018

AgreegrA
So... Which formal World Series MVP is gonna choke Sunday *?

MadBum
Or
Strasburg ?

Chamuska fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Apr 16, 2021

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I

Do not like

The seven inning double header thing

It's bad, imo

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Just wanted to say that anyone that defended Sandy Alderson in these threads the last few months, well he's a poo poo just like I said. He clearly doesn't give a drat about sexual harrassment in the Mets front office, only the press about it. This article is all kinds of hosed up

https://theathletic.com/2519652/202..._shared_article

The last line of the story pretty much nails what Alderson thinks:

Amidst the talk about looking ahead, the “constructive steps” that the Mets and MLB are implementing, Alderson expressed frustration that the organization continues to face a reckoning for past deeds.

“Is there ever a statute of limitations on coverage of some of this stuff?”

Considering he just re-hired someone that he was confronted about, this is all kinds of gross and he can gently caress off forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

He's very very very good.

The question mark surrounding the starters this year was a kind way of saying "they will probably suck", but you know, I am happy to watch Bo, Vlad, and Ryu, do well even if the Jays ultimately do not.