Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
In today's Blueberry: Blueberry cares not for such statements like: 'Fiat lux', or O'Reilly has a poor grasp on the behavior of the local fauna, or Blueberry is suspicious

Samovar fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Apr 17, 2021

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Samovar posted:

In today's Blueberry:

That first comic got posted twice

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Some Guy TT posted:

Massie, actually, which I didn't recognize as a bastardization of massa and which I'd never seen before. But I concede the point. And am also appreciating the irony of how the caricature went unnoticed. Just my personal opinion that spoiler tags are overused in this thread and should be retired for timg tags except in particularly egregious cases.

Maybe you should put spoiler tags on your terrible opinions.

curtadams
Mar 24, 2019

Funniest strip I read all week!

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Regsrding Luann, maybe this was covered, and I'm not American, but surely there are pirate-themed restaurant chains, like how there are Medieval ones?

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

davidspackage posted:

Regsrding Luann, maybe this was covered, and I'm not American, but surely there are pirate-themed restaurant chains, like how there are Medieval ones?

I’m pretty sure there’s some pirate themed Medieval Times thing yeah. Quick Google suggests it’s called “Pirate’s Dinner Adventure”

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Support Tauhid's Patreon here.

Old School Peanuts (Aug 23-24, 1952)

Calvin and Hobbes (Apr 10-13, 1989)

Robbie and Bobby

Support Jason's Patreon (and see new My Dad is Draculas) here.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

The thing that annoys me most about this week's Luann is how Gunther is, once again, standing around like a gormless idiot. He's got an important test coming up that he needs to study for and yet he doesn't stand his ground to tell Bets he can't go with her. He also sees his girlfriend and close(?) friend arguing and doesn't even try to step in and mediate things between them. You could replace him with a brick and nothing would change.

Green Intern posted:

It’s pretty impressive that Tiffany was able to put anything together with like what, a day’s notice? I don’t understand why the Evanses are so hellbent on assassinating Bets’ character.

Something to remember is that Gunther met Bets through a dating app, so you're supposed to think she's a Bad Girl who doesn't find dates the right way, unlike Luann. She's very much meant to be a reward to Gunther for being such a Nice Guy - a cute, and temporary, girlfriend who likes his nerdiness. But since Team Evans can't have Gunther stand up for anything or gently caress up his own relationship, they keep assassinating Bets's character instead. That way, readers are justified in wanting to see her gone and Gunther would be guilt-free when they do break up. The fact they're doing this to one of the two (or was it three?) POC characters just makes it incredibly suspicious, especially after Team Evans had already written their LGBT characters out of the strip.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

davidspackage posted:

There's one in my country called Long John Silver.

Actually it's now just called LJS.

It's also really bad at being piratey.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

amigolupus posted:

He also sees his girlfriend and close(?) friend arguing and doesn't even try to step in and mediate things between them.
In this regard, I have more sympathy for Gunther than I have literally ever had before. He went along with a somewhat unreasonable request to do something someone else wanted to do, now he's in a situation he never wanted to be in, witnessing two people (who are both going to expect him to take their side) argue over something he doesn't even care about.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
It's definitely important to note that Bets "made [Gunther]" make pirate costumes at the drop of a hat

(Noteworthy that he didn't complain about it, took it in stride, and bragged about it to his roommate. But no, somehow Bets is still the bad guy.)

Ghostlight posted:

There's one in my country called Long John Silver.

Actually it's now just called LJS.

It's also really bad at being piratey.

And the Chicken is the best thing on the menu, sooooooooo...

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Classic Kevin & Kell (October 16-22, 2000)

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (August 7, 2009)

Arlo and Janis Classic (August 7, 1999)

Garfield Classic (August 7, 1989)

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Pastry of the Year posted:

Well, I figured this was coming, but it's still sad to see :saddowns:

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
BCN

Phoebe

STONKS

Curtis

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "23 -Jucika had Dinner" NSFW Nudity

"számla = bill." Our first topless Jucika.

"Jucika and the Scale"

"szemét = garbage."

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Julet Esqu posted:

That first comic got posted twice

Heh-heh. Whoops! Corrected accordingly.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I had a cat that would sit near my head when I was asleep and if I snored he would stick his loving paw in my mouth.

Also Private Bootsie. Love it. Hope he gets to a transportation unit with lots of opportunities for graft and not a line combat unit.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Mookie wishes he could tell a story without speech as well as a 20 year old newspaper comic.

(He doesn't because that would require him to actually care about art.)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 4/16/01

Stephen Collins

Brenda Starr 4/15-17/46

Smokey Stover 8/4/40

Richard's Poor Almanac

Part 2.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Moominposting

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bobbins

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The longer I stare at this the funnier it gets

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
So, uh, how long is this poo poo going to last in Crabgrass? It's been over a week or so by now? Seriously just make it Patreon only if the artist needs the funds instead of this stretch.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

This A&J arc has really gotten me right in the feels.

Classic Zits

One of my all time favorites!

And seconding the love for Pvt Bootsie!
I also just have to say that Mandrake is the stupidest strip I’ve ever seen, maybe stupider than Peter Parker himself.

E: totally missed the STONKS in Wallace, the background details are so good

Bibliotechno Music fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Apr 19, 2021

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1946

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

manero posted:

Nancy 1946

I love all the terms that have since become euphemisms for sex ITT

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is ROse

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

CRAM

MING

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Such a small thing, but beautifully touching.

Now, to take a big sip of my drink and check out the latest 1946 Na-

manero posted:

Nancy 1946

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

Mämmilä (September 7, 1991)

We saw Hemmo Hänninen in a skiing competition quite a while ago, where Leevi beat him with a little help from some nondescript pills and Pylvänäinen's hat. And again with the names, pikku means little and iso means big.

Also, I just found out one of you ratted me out to a major Finnish comics forum, where some posters were a bit miffed about my blatant copyright violation. Considering this was last September, I don't think we need to hold our breaths waiting for lawyers to contact Jeffrey.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Just taking a nap agaisnt the side of a building, as one is wont to do.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

LazyQ posted:

Also, I just found out one of you ratted me out to a major Finnish comics forum, where some posters were a bit miffed about my blatant copyright violation. Considering this was last September, I don't think we need to hold our breaths waiting for lawyers to contact Jeffrey.

Seriously?

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
is it too much to hope moomin drops snorkmaiden and dates snufkin

LazyQ posted:

what the hell

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Johnny Aztec posted:

Just taking a nap agaisnt the side of a building, as one is wont to do.

Peak Sluggo IMO