Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Chris James 2 posted:

Post-Mania SD https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-results/wwe-smackdown-live-results-wrestlemania-37-fallout-338901

Roman Reigns says everyone's scared to face him now that he beat two HOFers at the same time like he said he would. Cesaro comes out, Reigns leaves right as he's about to speak
Rey Mysterio defeats Otis
Sami Zayn calls out Kevin Owens, claiming he only lost because of Logan Paul
Owens defeats Zayn by countout. Postmatch Owens stunners Zayn
Street Profits celebrate Bianca Belair's title win; backstage Bayley challenges Bianca
Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode retain the SD tag titles over Street Profits
Natalya defeats Shayna Baszler. Postmatch Tamina stops Nia Jax from attacking Natalya
Cesaro defeats Jey Uso by DQ after Seth Rollins attacks Cesaro mid-swing

Thanks, I think I'm gonna take a break from watching WWE this week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

boxcarhobo posted:

downtown griffy newms is cool and good, his stories about the draft day movie with Kevin Costner were really great

His guesting on doughboys for the Costco episode was just pure happiness

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i think i saw tokyo drift on some sunday afternoon when nothing was on during early lockdown on usa or something

idk i thought it was dumb

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

graph posted:

i think i saw tokyo drift on some sunday afternoon when nothing was on during early lockdown on usa or something

Oh it’s extremely dumb, that’s the charm.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

DarkstarIV posted:

Please do not post incomplete results. You forgot to mention them replaying the UFO spot from Rollins/Cesaro at WM like 22 times in the span of two hours.

Also that Cesaro did this really cool power spot which McAfee ruined by exclaiming that Jey weighs hundreds and hundreds of pounds

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Scott Steiner dot MP3

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

mcafee claims he almost walked out of the wrestlemania pre show gig a few years ago when cole yelled at him about wearing shorts. supposedly cole had to personally apologize to him before he agreed not to walk

can't wait until vince calls him a loving moron over headset for using the word belt or wrestle or hospital or title shot or strap or tournament or fans or box or

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Just decided to go on a Brock Lesnar binge with vs Cena, the three way with Cena and Rollins and then again against Daniel Bryan. It feels like Brock hasn't wrestled for years in WWE but for a while there he was the forever champion. Did he quietly retire or was he a victim of "budget cuts"

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Shard posted:

Just decided to go on a Brock Lesnar binge with vs Cena, the three way with Cena and Rollins and then again against Daniel Bryan. It feels like Brock hasn't wrestled for years in WWE but for a while there he was the forever champion. Did he quietly retire or was he a victim of "budget cuts"
Rumor is he told them he's not doing crowdless shows and not doing shows during the pandemic, went home to be a family man.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Spiderdrake posted:

Rumor is he told them he's not doing crowdless shows and not doing shows during the pandemic, went home to be a family man.

Smartest man on the roster then.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Yeah, I'm about 1000% sure that he could show up at Vince's office any time and demand a container ship full of money to get back into the ring and he'd get it, but Brock does what Brock wants.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Hey, Roman dodged them over not wanting to expose his newborn(s) and when he came back jacked they instantly put the belt on him.

And got his cousin in the main event when normally 1 member injured in a tagteam shelves them both. I feel like he did pretty good there.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
He's not doing pandemic shows and his contract expired but both sides are expecting to resign as soon as WWE's touring again

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Spiderdrake posted:

https://youtu.be/-4ZrkkZ9ctY

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rarity posted:

He's not doing pandemic shows and his contract expired but both sides are expecting to resign as soon as WWE's touring again

Khan is gonna offer Brock a giant sack of money, if only to make Vince triple it.

Also I liked MoS and BvS. I understand I'm the only one. It's a tough burden being right all the time.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Apr 17, 2021

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rarity posted:

both sides are expecting to resign

I wish

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

graph posted:

It's good fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSwsP9eUndk

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
It’s a movie that has a car chase set to Bawitdaba by Kid Rock in the first ten minutes. Kind of sets the tone.

Wound up watching it again tonight after all the chatter in the thread and it’s still awesome. So cheesy but so much fun.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Poor Chelsea, and after a solid year of Ryder biting his tongue in every interview no matter how much he was goaded into shooting.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Benne posted:

My favorite part of post-Mania season is when they literally just repeat the Mania feuds

they literally renamed the next ppv to Wrestlemania Backlash, it's all just repeating the wrestlemania stuff

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

BGrifter posted:

It’s a movie that has a car chase set to Bawitdaba by Kid Rock in the first ten minutes. Kind of sets the tone.

Wound up watching it again tonight after all the chatter in the thread and it’s still awesome. So cheesy but so much fun.

Now watch Torque. DO IT!!!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

flatluigi posted:

they literally renamed the next ppv to Wrestlemania Backlash, it's all just repeating the wrestlemania stuff

gently caress it, go whole hog and have 12-14 Wrestlemanias a year. Just bolt the name onto the front of everything.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The only movie we should be talking about is 12 rounds 2: 24 rounds

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

flatluigi posted:

I think Tamina has Nia's number this time...

Lazy like a Fox
Jul 8, 2003

EKO SMASH!
I know we talk about this literally all the time, but with their roster size it would be SO EASY to rotate performers in and out. Take a big loss at WM? You're off TV for a few weeks (or maybe you're on Main Event or one of the 700 other shows no one watches) while the winner gets some shine on their own. But no, we have to run every feud back for the next PPV, like Smackdown's numbers would crater even farther without Seth Rollins or Sami.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Lamuella posted:

gently caress it, go whole hog and have 12-14 Wrestlemanias a year. Just bolt the name onto the front of everything.

Wrestlemania2: McMahon Boogaloo. Best in the World Shane O’Mac versus the entire WWE roster in a multi cage Wargames match.

spoiler: Shane wins with his DEVASTATING MMA strikes!

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Apr 17, 2021

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

flatluigi posted:

So, WWFheads, do you think this is because the only brand that they haven't shot in the loving head at this point is the Wrestling Mania branding and thus that is the only thing they think will drive people to Peacock/check out their shows?

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Wrestlemania Backlash: when the sign points at youuuuuuuuuu :spooky:

alternate take: the real Wrestlemania Backlash is everyone throwing up at the night 2 results (goo optional)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Lazy like a Fox posted:

I know we talk about this literally all the time, but with their roster size it would be SO EASY to rotate performers in and out. Take a big loss at WM? You're off TV for a few weeks (or maybe you're on Main Event or one of the 700 other shows no one watches) while the winner gets some shine on their own. But no, we have to run every feud back for the next PPV, like Smackdown's numbers would crater even farther without Seth Rollins or Sami.

Luckily with AEW all they repeat is Sting being interviewed by Tony and Miro somehow being in literally 1 storyline since the day he debuted. Other than that, tons of fresh matches and their TV title is actually a workhorse/showcase new people belt. I liked when Bobby Roode won a US title tourney and on the preshow at the next PPV he did a John Cena style open challenge which was answered by... Mojo Rawley... the guy he fought in the tourney...

Wonder why everytime WWE brings back the open challenge gimmick it's over in less than 3 weeks and is full of rematches

bartok
May 10, 2006

Blaise330 posted:

Luckily with AEW all they repeat is Sting being interviewed by Tony and Miro somehow being in literally 1 storyline since the day he debuted. Other than that, tons of fresh matches and their TV title is actually a workhorse/showcase new people belt. I liked when Bobby Roode won a US title tourney and on the preshow at the next PPV he did a John Cena style open challenge which was answered by... Mojo Rawley... the guy he fought in the tourney...

Wonder why everytime WWE brings back the open challenge gimmick it's over in less than 3 weeks and is full of rematches

Still angry that the Cena open challenge was finally won by Alberto Del Rio.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1383223430904881165?s=20

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Smackdown did below 2M (this will probably get adjusted up slightly) after Wrestlemania.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

is the nigerian nail that bizarre blunt object the dude's holding that they hurriedly replaced the spear with

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

flatluigi posted:

is the nigerian nail that bizarre blunt object the dude's holding that they hurriedly replaced the spear with

It’s the Samoan Spike that Azeez used. The thumb to the throat move

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i came up with a wrestler called the Stinky Binky Baby. Big fat guy dressed as a baby with a bonnet and diaper, Big Show style you know the deal, but his finishing move is the Stinky Binky, where he shoves his pinky into his rear end with a big flourish to the audience(who, without fail, react with a mix of disgust and awe) and then mandible claws his opponent. This is old news, I've had this guy on the books for years. What's new is I've devised an antagonist, the Stinky Binky Bandit, who STEALS the Stinky Binky from the Stinky Binky Baby and uses it to win matches. I guess I haven't figured out the whole of the Stinky Binky Baby arc through this part - a losing streak, sure, but do we have him revert to a simple man, a generic wrestler in black trunks? But in either case, it's all build to one final showdown on the biggest stage of them all. All this to say, if WWE got its grubby little hands on my IP, they'd surely ruin the characters!

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRlL-kB3Vao

That DICK! fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Apr 17, 2021

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i love NI(gerian) N(ail)

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

flatluigi posted:

nails are generally known for being large, heavy, blunt, and wider at the tip than the base, so maybe.

Oh hey, we know the right way to spell Azeez now. This may be Babatunde's 2nd repackage before he's wrestled a normal match but at least he didn't have to be a ninja first.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pylons posted:

Smackdown did below 2M (this will probably get adjusted up slightly) after Wrestlemania.

Tired: Dynamite will have more viewers than Raw by the end of the year
Wired: Dynamite will have more viewers than Smackdown by the end of the year
Inspired: Dynamite will have more viewers than the Real Housewives by the end of the year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
You know, I'm so bored of kendo sticks I'm okay with seeing Azeez cave someone's ribs in with a silver q-tip