Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!

oliwan posted:

A surprising post from the poster who is banned from the minority report + trans thread for being a bigot :magemage:

Please post my bigoted posts. (They don't exist)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
at least in america our sad drunk geezer culture would only do that for someone cool like Steven Segal

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Giedroyc posted:

Please post my bigoted posts. (They don't exist)

Giedroyc posted:

I don't think Danny Devito spent 70 years attending public engagements/charity work/setting up charities and fought in World War 2 though...

You can dismiss the monarchy as privilege, but you can't argue with what the bloke did over such a long time and the lives his work impacted. There are far far worse royals who did little in comparison.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Wrong forum.

edit: come on try again it won't work.

Giedroyc has issued a correction as of 17:17 on Apr 17, 2021

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
I used to work for a Scottish bank that issued cheques with the Gaelic name of the bank written across the top rather than its normal name. Not like on all of them but it was an option I guess you could take and it wasn't that uncommon to see them. But one time we got a cheque that came in written out in Gaelic and we bounced it because the guy doing the 'is this a legit cheque' checks on it couldn't read it.

Dude who wrote the cheque proper kicked off, was a huge complaint and he got something in one of the papers. Fair play to the auld fella.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
lol if you think no-one speaks Celtic languages in the UK (particularly Scotland) then you should probably speak to a few more people, we're hardly hiding

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Shyrka posted:

Dude who wrote the cheque proper kicked off, was a huge complaint and he got something in one of the papers. Fair play to the auld fella.

I remember that guy. Surely though since he'd been writing them that way for years beforehand with no issues that he'd have been better served just calling up and saying so? I'm sure they would have just said "sorry mr drummond we had a new guy, we'll sort it all out for you" or something. Blowing up publicly at the first instance of inconvenience seems pretty boomery imo.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

still baffled by the regdate

THS
Sep 15, 2017

giedroyc owns

if lovecraftian horrors were real we would have to send giedroyc in to report back. they’d experience non-euclidian geometry, shapeless psychic terror, unfathomable entities and the void itself, all brushed off completely unphased. a perfectly spherical brain, no cracks, no pings

THS
Sep 15, 2017

-watching the queen bathe in a pool of stem cells while prince andrew cracks open another baby to snack on his favorite glands-

Vote Green

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

THS posted:

giedroyc owns

Agreed

would like to hear their opinion re six county accession into the republic of ireland

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Bedshaped posted:

Agreed

would like to hear their opinion re six county accession into the republic of ireland

I don't do Ireland, it's a poo poo show.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Giedroyc posted:

hmm i wonder why it's the way it is

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Giedroyc posted:

:mediocre:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Giedroyc posted:

that's too bad, what do you think of the Irish though?

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

I think we never should have got involved, but we did.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

oliwan posted:

that's too bad, what do you think of the Irish though?

Also been a few hours, any more evidence of me being a bigot? No, obviously.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Giedroyc posted:

I think we never should have got involved, but we did.

wait wait wait

Got involved when?

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Southpaugh posted:

wait wait wait

Got involved when?

The whole Ireland situation from the start. It was a total shambles the UK created.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

lmfao

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Giedroyc posted:

The whole Ireland situation from the start. It was a total shambles the UK created.

God, you are stupid.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Valko posted:

God, you are stupid.

You need to learn your history.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Southpaugh posted:

wait wait wait

Got involved when?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
[UK] The whole Ireland situation from the start. It was a total shambles the UK created.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

*taps watch*

gorgmatic
Apr 25, 2006

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't
ALLAH IS ALL MERCIFUL

Giedroyc posted:

Come back Ed Miliband

(actually don't)

Yank here.

Can someone explain how Ed Miliband wasn't criticized for being brought into the shadow cabinet after his decision to share the stage with the Tories during the Scotland referendum pretty much consigned an already wobbly Scottish Labour Party to eternal electoral oblivion?

Or is the answer the fecklessness of the British press in general and The Guardian in particular not wanting to lose access to Labour sources?

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Giedroyc posted:

Are we 100% sure this guy isn't a gimmick account?

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

gorgmatic posted:

Yank here.

Can someone explain how Ed Miliband wasn't criticized for being brought into the shadow cabinet after his decision to share the stage with the Tories during the Scotland referendum pretty much consigned an already wobbly Scottish Labour Party to eternal electoral oblivion?

Or is the answer the fecklessness of the British press in general and The Guardian in particular not wanting to lose access to Labour sources?

He wasn't his brother,

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

St Patrick driving out the druids snakes, a lesson in the folly of nation building.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Dear yanks, this isn't your thread, go away.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

What dumb idiots decide 'Ok lads, we are going to head of in this random direction where it gets colder and colder all the time, and hope to hit land'.
A few degrees out and they have wandered into the Atlantic sea.
Or even worse, Wales.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Giedroyc posted:

did you just have to leave spain my dude

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

i say swears online posted:

did you just have to leave spain my dude

Gilbrator, look it up.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Giedroyc posted:

can we skip to the part where you accidentally reveal your EDL membership

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Giedroyc posted:

Gilbrator, look it up.

ok. google doesn't return much

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Giedroyc posted:

*taps watch*

this is how I feel too, can we skip to the inevitable subforum ban so he has to go be a tedious oval office somewhere else. the car subforum maybe?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Giedroyc posted:

Gilbrator, look it up.

Gilbrator, look it up morans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Giedroyc posted:

Gilbrator, look it up.

You might wanna look up how to spell that.