Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

leftist anime: I don't want her pussy to be all sad and tired out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2021-04-14/peruvian-politicians-cosplay-anime-characters-to-score-the-otaku-vote/.171709
Without knowing much about Peruvian politics my guess is these people are fash and therefore Naruto is fash.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

net work error posted:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2021-04-14/peruvian-politicians-cosplay-anime-characters-to-score-the-otaku-vote/.171709
Without knowing much about Peruvian politics my guess is these people are fash and therefore Naruto is fash.

Bloodlines are a big deal in Naruto and it ultimately embraces a Great Man Theory of History. Also one of the good guys did a genocide.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 203 days!

Ibblebibble posted:

Personally seeing that I'm repped by a monkey man in a giant skull orangutan robot in G Gundam kinda rolls the racism counter all the way back around to "hecking cool"

i give you a high five in my tremendous Lumber Gundam

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Who sang it better?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8gY-dbSiKk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiYZBMjsQ9E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLm3atX7VrI

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

christmas boots posted:

Bloodlines are a big deal in Naruto and it ultimately embraces a Great Man Theory of History. Also one of the good guys did a genocide.

Doesn’t Boruto embrace the Great Failson Theory of history?

Also finished season 2 of Gundam 00. Don’t know why but I did. Now I guess I might as well watch the movie.
I have thoughts I’m saving for after the movie, but season 2 kind of just peters out toward the end. Especially the princess character who really just learns nothing from the entire show (but I guess that’s royalty for you).

Other other hand, “Bring Stabity” might be the best dumb Gundam name. Also “Revive Revival” and “Alleluia Haptism.”

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Vash the Stampede is a lib

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

pillsburysoldier posted:

shut your dirty mouth.

alsooooo, I finsihed code geass s2 and man it's actually awesome. kind of a week middle, but everything after shirley died was awesome. great ending as well. I mean, sure, many things did not make sense and s1 was better, but I was left ultimately satsfied, and had a huge grin on my face for most of it, so that's good. Lol that right after it my wife said "this is the best anime I've ever watched" almost crying lol.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Mirello posted:

shut your dirty mouth.

He got wolfwood killed by Vash convincing him that he too could live in an unrealistic ethos, wolfwood not knowing that Vash is a literal superhuman alien with powers that can get him through his bullshit antics

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
godzilla sp is has been interesting so far but it's one of those egggead animes where a character is a dumptruck of physics and/chemistry terms and there's two of those here so i worry if it won't just get boring and padded out in five eps

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

pillsburysoldier posted:

Vaush the Stampede

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/lesbiangelion/status/1383397555648667655?s=20

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 203 days!

pillsburysoldier posted:

He got wolfwood killed by Vash convincing him that he too could live in an unrealistic ethos, wolfwood not knowing that Vash is a literal superhuman alien with powers that can get him through his bullshit antics

wolfwood's weapon is literally a gigantic cross

evangelion might just be more subtle than trigun as animes which reference christianity in their titles go

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Honest Thief posted:

godzilla sp is has been interesting so far but it's one of those egggead animes where a character is a dumptruck of physics and/chemistry terms and there's two of those here so i worry if it won't just get boring and padded out in five eps

I've been digging it just because it's a kaiju story from a different perspective. In other Godzilla movies it's always like the military or government that we follow so this is an interesting way to present it.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Hodgepodge posted:

wolfwood's weapon is literally a gigantic cross

Like a dog

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

christmas boots posted:

lmao the first episode of Gundam Wing ends with the hero tearing up an invitation to a teenage girl's birthday party and then promising to murder her.

I haven't watched it since the Toonami days but that fact will never leave me

What makes this even better is that said teenage girl then decides that this is the man she's going to marry and in the process of getting her man overthrows the world government.

Relena owns.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Gripweed posted:

Vaush the Stampede
mods

please

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
the first time I watched the ending of trigun I got confused and thought that vash killed his brother and was taking his body away to be buried, an ending which made sense to me because vash had been such a giant weenie and I figured it was appropriate to have the story end with him learning from his brother while remaining himself, killing someone actually evil in order to prevent even more evil from being unleashed.

when i brought this up to one of my other nerd friends they berated me for not getting that the culmination of the entire plot was to have vash continue to be a giant weenie and carry away his still living brother in an utterly futile attempt to reason with him for the five hundredth time because this time he'll probably come around.

I feel vindicated knowing that other people think that ending was stupid.

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
the trigun manga goes wild after a certain point, i forget if its over or not tho

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
is Kong vs Godzilla anima?

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

the trigun manga goes wild after a certain point, i forget if its over or not tho

It's been over for well over a decade at this point.

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

that manga is legit the only time I've ever stopped reading because the art was too confusing. maybe the translation I was reading wasn't good either, but I just couldn't understand wtf was going on.

trigun is a classic, and I wont hear any criticism of it. Vash is fighting for a kinder more peaceful world. In the end, he does recognize that sometimes killings is necessary, and he was too dogmatic before (as shown by legato). He still holds to his ideals tho. also lol at the ending talk, you guys get that they literally cant die right? Knives was basically hit by a nuke at close range and survived it.

also, double lol that vash and lelouch are voiced by the same guy (whose voice I love btw). the least murdery and the most murdery protaginists of all time. Although they both have similar goals.

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
the trigun movie is real good. it takes place mid-series so wolfwoods still around and its just like, a good 3 part episode basically

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
i started watching gundam wing again for the first time since high school and it owns._____________ ________________ __________________ ____________________________ ___________ ____________________ ____________ ____________ ____________ ______________ ___________________ _____________ ______________ _________ ___________________ __________________ ____________ ______________________ _______________________ ___________ ___________________

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I will say about MHA, it does seem to nail annoying public tv discourse

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Mirello posted:

shut your dirty mouth.

alsooooo, I finsihed code geass s2 and man it's actually awesome. kind of a week middle, but everything after shirley died was awesome. great ending as well. I mean, sure, many things did not make sense and s1 was better, but I was left ultimately satsfied, and had a huge grin on my face for most of it, so that's good. Lol that right after it my wife said "this is the best anime I've ever watched" almost crying lol.

I couldn’t help but feel that everything would go to poo poo after the end of S2. I get Lelouch’s plan, but with him dead there’s now gonna be an insanely gigantic power vacuum and there’s no guarantee that the world won’t fall into total chaos. Britannia has been taken down a few pegs but this one act isn’t going to undo the decades of conditioning and grievances the empire created. Would’ve been better for Lelouch to actually de-escalate tensions through sound governing policy and then abdicate Cincinnatus style, passing power over to some sort of elective body

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Mirello posted:

that manga is legit the only time I've ever stopped reading because the art was too confusing. maybe the translation I was reading wasn't good either, but I just couldn't understand wtf was going on.

trigun is a classic, and I wont hear any criticism of it. Vash is fighting for a kinder more peaceful world. In the end, he does recognize that sometimes killings is necessary, and he was too dogmatic before (as shown by legato). He still holds to his ideals tho. also lol at the ending talk, you guys get that they literally cant die right? Knives was basically hit by a nuke at close range and survived it.

also, double lol that vash and lelouch are voiced by the same guy (whose voice I love btw). the least murdery and the most murdery protaginists of all time. Although they both have similar goals.

Yea the manga has a lot of incredible designs but there's something about its visual language that I frequently found tough to parse. Sometimes had to reread entire chapters to really figure it out.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Kit Walker posted:

I couldn’t help but feel that everything would go to poo poo after the end of S2. I get Lelouch’s plan, but with him dead there’s now gonna be an insanely gigantic power vacuum and there’s no guarantee that the world won’t fall into total chaos. Britannia has been taken down a few pegs but this one act isn’t going to undo the decades of conditioning and grievances the empire created. Would’ve been better for Lelouch to actually de-escalate tensions through sound governing policy and then abdicate Cincinnatus style, passing power over to some sort of elective body

He's pulling a God-Emperor of Dune except in a dumb half-assed way.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

MonsieurChoc posted:

He's pulling a God-Emperor of Dune except in a dumb half-assed way.

Thank you. Exactly. In Dune he could at least see the future and knew this is what he absolutely had to do. Lelouch should’ve used his big brain to come up with a plan that wasn’t the perhaps the biggest gamble in human history

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Is there an anime where the big brained protagonist tries to pull off such a sacrifice but then gets scared and undoes their masterstroke because it turns out they're an emotional creature who doesn't want to die either?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

There's always Welcome to NHK where the main character has to quit being a lazy otaku slacker living in delusions and has to rejoin society and work a real job like a proper adult.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Welcome to the NHK is a legit good novel, an okay manga, and a weird anime. It was odd experiencing them in succession, kind of like seeing Flanderization occur in real time.

Weird as the adaptations are, I'd legit recommend the novel to depressed folks who think the world isn't going to get any better. It's a legit work about how the only thing we have in this world is each other, so please be kind, and how not expecting big changes or massive upheaval of one's life, and instead making small incremental day to day changes to pull you out of the hole is the best way to go. Dumb as it might be to admit, it helped me a lot when I was in my 20s, alone and scared and unsure of where my life was going

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

elaboration has issued a correction as of 23:40 on Oct 22, 2023

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Well if video game poo poo can be suggested then this one is pretty much perfect https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=napjMrAx0KQ&t=2811s

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

what is the threat title a reference to

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

tomino rocks. what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011