Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Critical posted:

he also wanted to dress them in gold jumpsuits iirc

Yeah. From Jericho's book they got a crude picture of the two of them in gold singles 'made of lamé or some similar material' and Jericho said "Yeah, it was going to be lamé " all right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Critical posted:

couldn't be that he made them look like the lamest motherfuckers on this blue pill before they even had a match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoidl4m0zP4

he also wanted to dress them in gold jumpsuits iirc

this is one of my favorite wrestling vignettes of all time

absolute icons

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Low Desert Punk posted:

this is one of my favorite wrestling vignettes of all time

absolute icons

All Elite Scooby Doo? This conspiracy goes deep.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

I do love that part.

"god this sucks we're going to be stone dead by the time we debut HOLY gently caress STUFFED SCOOB"

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Carry on. Everything is fiiiiine

ICR fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Mar 19, 2021

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

does it mean anything if i didn't have to refollow her account when it was reactivated or does that just automatically happen when you go visit the page. please say because there are only 100 foller-ers. Am I special in some way

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Maki's twitter is currently under renovation.

Maki is currently sleeping, please do not bother her with this bullshit.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Okay.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Davros1 posted:

Jim's mind can't comprehend that it wasn't the 80s anymore, and that stuff was now lame

This one line can explain Cornette and his fans instantly to someone that doesn't know anything about them

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Went to watch the new reliving the war thing on YouTube and first thing I saw was an intro by this poo poo head. Sigh. Unsubscribed from wrestling bios. Why would anyone think having this rear end in a top hat on in 2021 is a good idea?

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011
That really sucks, I had some of those videos on in the backround this week and I found it really informative. I dunno why someone would want to associate with Cornette at this point given how divisive (lovely) he is.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

dracula vladdy AF posted:

That really sucks, I had some of those videos on in the backround this week and I found it really informative. I dunno why someone would want to associate with Cornette at this point given how divisive (lovely) he is.

Yeah I can only assume the worst at this point because it's not like it's a secret or anything.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
The Wrestling Bios dude effusively praises Cornette every time he pops up on an episode of Raw during Reliving the War, so I can't say this is that surprising.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

based on the comments the fans seemed to love that intro

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cornette will be on Dark Side of the Ring season 3 also

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

Cornette will be on Dark Side of the Ring season 3 also

I at least understand why you would want him for that, but I wish they would stop hiring him too.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
He's a psychotic note taker that literally has details like the gate numbers for every event he's ever been tangentially a part of. He might be the only person from that era that actually remembers what the hell happened.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Kunabomber posted:

He's a psychotic note taker that literally has details like the gate numbers for every event he's ever been tangentially a part of. He might be the only person from that era that actually remembers what the hell happened.

And yet he is so blatantly dishonest how can anyone trust him to tell the truth?

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011
tbh, I have only been getting into wrestling this year (mostly AEW, but I'm interested in the history of the craft) and even like a month in my main takeaway with Cornette was like "wow, this dude's a huge rear end wipe who seems mad at everything." Then he insulted Maki Itoh and became my enemy for life

what's up with his youtube thumbnails? I keep getting recommended his videos and even if I didn't know anything about him my impression would be that it's almost certainly dogshit

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Those thumbnails are why I looked into the option to mute a channel on YouTube.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

MassRafTer posted:

And yet he is so blatantly dishonest how can anyone trust him to tell the truth?

Touche. My favorite bit with him is when he recalls some minor slight that he perceived from Eric Bischoff and Bischoff going "what the gently caress" because apparently that's when Cornette decided to consider Bischoff a sworn enemy. Of course Bischoff couldn't really remember it at all. Cornette has incredible brain worms, where he can twist poo poo around in his brain, and is never able to forget it.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/AndreasHale/status/1383490714663743493?s=20

ah geez

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I like this guy posting half a dozen times that it's not racist just sexist.

https://twitter.com/Marc_Geer/status/1383492978484813831

https://twitter.com/Marc_Geer/status/1383491319624998914

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Why not both?

Anyway, its pretty telling that he chose basketball instead of MMA where women have been proven draws. Corny wont let nothin take away from his narrative

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it would be weird and bad if somebody went to bat for that artist one day

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Duke Pukem posted:

Why not both?

Anyway, its pretty telling that he chose basketball instead of MMA where women have been proven draws. Corny wont let nothin take away from his narrative

He’s not trying to say they’re draws though so MMA wouldn’t work for the point he’s making. (That doesn’t make it ok though, it’s still a lovely racist picture)

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So Jim apparently reviewed the Asuka/Rhea match from Wrestlemania and it's brought out all of the lovely people. He assigned pretty much all of the blame onto Asuka (and basically claimed she is at fault for everything going wrong with Rhea), and gushed about Rhea and how perfect she is.

quote:

“Rhea Ripley is a movie star — Rhea Ripley is an action movie star. Rhea Ripley should be the top woman in the company and she should have other women fed to her to maintain an undefeated record while they make the most money out of her while they possibly can, which would be millions. They need to get her involved in some major motion pictures and sitcoms baby, ‘Cause she’s got the look.”

Is there a term to describe those who defend Cornette? Because I've seen people defend him by saying he's not racist at all. And when people bring up the NWA situation from a few years ago, "oh that's old can we move past that already!?" even though he never apologized for it and claimed it actually wasn't racist.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DarkstarIV posted:

So Jim apparently reviewed the Asuka/Rhea match from Wrestlemania and it's brought out all of the lovely people. He assigned pretty much all of the blame onto Asuka (and basically claimed she is at fault for everything going wrong with Rhea), and gushed about Rhea and how perfect she is.

Is there a term to describe those who defend Cornette? Because I've seen people defend him by saying he's not racist at all. And when people bring up the NWA situation from a few years ago, "oh that's old can we move past that already!?" even though he never apologized for it and claimed it actually wasn't racist.

They call themselves the Cult of Cornette.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Would it be fair to call them racists as well?

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

DarkstarIV posted:

Doesn't Brian even get on him for the Asuka stuff because there's zero way to even TRY to fit her into his weird anti-Japanese women ranting? (That her entire run in WWE has been as a violent, believable, and physically strong rear end kicker, unlike Riho being too tiny and ineffectual or whatever.)

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

davidbix posted:

Doesn't Brian even get on him for the Asuka stuff because there's zero way to even TRY to fit her into his weird anti-Japanese women ranting? (That her entire run in WWE has been as a violent, believable, and physically strong rear end kicker, unlike Riho being too tiny and ineffectual or whatever.)

Pretty sure he tries to reign him in, but Jim just ignores him.

But yeah, Cornette poo poo all over Asuka and her character work in that Rhea/Asuka review video as well. Claiming that the screaming is awful, the goofy faces are the worst, the facepaint is awful, the "vito scotty loving gilligan's island japanese soldier impression", and her just screaming gibberish. He also implied in previous rants that all joshi wrestlers are like Asuka and ham up their Japanese behavior.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Apr 18, 2021

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

davidbix posted:

It would make sense that a huge piece of poo poo like Brian Last would try to argue a minor point like that as he ignores all the other stuff.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Do you think Cornette would like Asuka better or worse if you showed him her early career when she was legitimately knocking people out

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

RealFoxy posted:

Do you think Cornette would like Asuka better or worse if you showed him her early career when she was legitimately knocking people out

He would probably complain that she was an unsafe worker.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
He also said Bianca can't be the top star because shes too small.

Bianca is taller and heavier than Rhea.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Lid posted:

He also said Bianca can't be the top star because shes too small.

Bianca is taller and heavier than Rhea.
:psyduck:

Unless Rhea has 3 inch lifts, Rhea is definitely taller. I can believe that Bianca is heavier because she's all muscle though.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

RealFoxy posted:

:psyduck:

Unless Rhea has 3 inch lifts, Rhea is definitely taller. I can believe that Bianca is heavier because she's all muscle though.

Sorry yeah you're right but either way Bianca and small aren't really a thing also given how loving strong she is. Either way yeah he loves Rhea, hates Asuka, thinks Bianca is small, and who knows about Sasha. Hmmmmmm

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

He would think the Nazi costumes were great heat.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

RealFoxy posted:

"Knocking people out should be saved for real matches with men."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

It never ends.