Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

I always get Haikyu mixed up with Keijo in my head, but I assume if someone doesn't like Keijo they were never meant for anime in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

what about goku?

anime haters never mention goku, its almost like its on purpose, like they are sidestepping the issue of goku hoping nobody asks..........

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Anime fans need to stop recommending things like "just watch this it's not like regular anime"

Woden
May 6, 2006

I gave up when they made you redo stuff but put new text in occasionally so you can't just zoom through it.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

The first half of Doki Doki is the worst part and if you've made it past that to "the good part" you're probably a Youtube Let's Play channel from 2017.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Vic posted:

Anime fans need to stop recommending things like "just watch this it's not like regular anime"

More people should watch live action Japanese stuff, it's much better about dumb nerd poo poo

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I like the show where they put a bunch of guys in a room that's like full of ridiculous boobytraps and poo poo and they have to search for a key to get out or whatever.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Meme Poker Party posted:

I like the show where they put a bunch of guys in a room that's like full of ridiculous boobytraps and poo poo and they have to search for a key to get out or whatever.

could be a cool game idea, maybe even with VR, just put in a level editor with some physics-driven poo poo and an editor for building new traps. could be a sort of mario maker + deception + the incredible machine

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

signalnoise posted:

Context is definitely everything

Super anime with a sorta good meaning, just some wild poo poo really

Super anime with an intensely bad meaning, loving christ stop making this

think of the latter as a way for studios to get funding for the former

Waltzing Along posted:

I've been watching Haikyu. It's a great anime that I challenge anyone to watch and hate. It's on Netflix.

haikyu is too mainstream for me. i prefer my fujoshi bait in the form of anime boyfriend audio cds

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Apr 18, 2021

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Vic posted:

That kind of recommendation is actually true when it comes to Miyazaki movies

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Tangential to games themselves, the gently caress is up with video game bloggers (I think they prefer journalists?) and their constant making up poo poo for future games?

It's some schoolyard, Nintendo Uncle, Mew truck bullshit. Right now everyone is going apeshit at all the TOTALLY REAL indications of where and what the new GTA is going to be. You see this with every major upcoming game and I just don't understand it.

"You see, Vice City was in the 80s, then 4 was LC, 5 is SA, so obviously we are due for an 80s GTA again."

My theory is the new GTA is set in space and is actually a farming simulator. I make this theory because of vague indicators that tell me what I want to hear. Until the game is announced and released it is 100% just as valid.

Game blogging is a loving joke.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

syntaxfunction posted:

Tangential to games themselves, the gently caress is up with video game bloggers (I think they prefer journalists?) and their constant making up poo poo for future games?

It's some schoolyard, Nintendo Uncle, Mew truck bullshit. Right now everyone is going apeshit at all the TOTALLY REAL indications of where and what the new GTA is going to be. You see this with every major upcoming game and I just don't understand it.

"You see, Vice City was in the 80s, then 4 was LC, 5 is SA, so obviously we are due for an 80s GTA again."

My theory is the new GTA is set in space and is actually a farming simulator. I make this theory because of vague indicators that tell me what I want to hear. Until the game is announced and released it is 100% just as valid.

Game blogging is a loving joke.

They need money and that means putting stuff out to get clicks. It's really that simple for most people. I've personally given real consideration to making a bunch of automated processes that aggregate stuff from various sources, change words around, and post with a pure focus on SEO to clutter up the internet for money, because I know how to do that. The only reason I haven't is because it makes me feel bad. It's definitely doable though, and it's not hard. I've known some people who didn't automate it but did run lovely blogs that posted absolute garbage for side money. poo poo's changed, Bird

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Gta 6 will star the only type of criminal they haven't let us play as yet, a cop

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

we're actually living gta 6 right now

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
if anime holds the anti life equation then we are, indeed, in a lot of trouble

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

site posted:

Gta 6 will star the only type of criminal they haven't let us play as yet, a cop

Sleepy Dogs really is the best GTA. Also has way better karaoke than any Yakuza.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A good visual novel should emulate the experience of the novel on a meta level through its gameplay. This can be achieved by having a mystery visual novel involve clue gathering and light puzzle solving or it could be a version of Dracula authentic to the book where you run away from women who are sexually interested in you and get lost in a house.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Oh no I spilled Nagaette bromide on my rear end

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Barudak posted:

or it could be a version of Dracula authentic to the book where you run away from women who are sexually interested in you and get lost in a house.

P sure this is literally an entire genre of anime

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

signalnoise posted:

More people should watch live action Japanese stuff, it's much better about dumb nerd poo poo

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Is that a chocolate door handle? :crossarms:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Caesar Saladin posted:

what about goku?

anime haters never mention goku, its almost like its on purpose, like they are sidestepping the issue of goku hoping nobody asks..........

IDK, what about Goku :confused:

sad question
May 30, 2020

How about a VN where if you start getting bored you press the dedicated button and it launches Doom level for you to play.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

3D Megadoodoo posted:

IDK, what about Goku :confused:

He's beaten and neglected his wife and son, abandoned them for a decade and is said to never even kiss his wife...

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

itry posted:

Is that a chocolate door handle? :crossarms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWB-kuyxe3M

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Ah, of course - the Candy Or Not Candy show :lol:

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I just woke up and for some reason the phrase SQUIRTLE KOMBAT was in my head so now I guess I want that game

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

POKEBALL HIM!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

More fighting games need finishing moves. Dragon Ball FighterZ has the right idea.

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
Still waiting on a game that’s like pve planetside or team fortress 2 mmo. Basically take a FPS class based shooter but make it an mmo. You already have tanks and medics and dps classes in those games. It’d be cool to do all that stuff, but in dungeons and against big monsters and poo poo.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Isn't that destiny, basically?

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
Destiny if you removed pvp and thus all the balance changes that are made around pvp and you also added more classes and you also added more emphasis on support classes and you also gave a reason for people to play through strikes or really engage in any pve activity and didn’t bottle neck the game every chance you got, so like 10% destiny?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

its_my_birthday posted:

Destiny if you removed pvp and thus all the balance changes that are made around pvp and you also added more classes and you also added more emphasis on support classes and you also gave a reason for people to play through strikes or really engage in any pve activity and didn’t bottle neck the game every chance you got, so like 10% destiny?

but then why would people pay for lootboxes

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Ghost Leviathan posted:

but then why would people pay for lootboxes

Destiny doesn’t even have that, just season pass stuff and cosmetics. Bungie just has an addiction to loving the balance of PVE stuff to chase those PVP players.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

trying to chase pvp players in a pve game is... something about chasing people who like punching themselves in the balls but I'm really not up to finishing this analogy and I don't think anyone should be

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Crucible is basically fundamentally unbalanced anyway so the fact they keep breaking the fun part of the game for it is frustrating.

I get really into Destiny 2 like twice a year and it always ends in frustration after like two weeks because they constantly take the fun stuff away.

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Crucible is basically fundamentally unbalanced anyway so the fact they keep breaking the fun part of the game for it is frustrating.

I get really into Destiny 2 like twice a year and it always ends in frustration after like two weeks because they constantly take the fun stuff away.

Yeah, I get excited about the thought of playing destiny once in a while, but usually don’t make it far enough to reinstalling before I remember why I quit. The game that it could be in my head is just drastically different from the actual game thanks to head scratching design and balance decisions.

I just want a ffxiv/ tf2 baby damnit.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

its_my_birthday posted:

Yeah, I get excited about the thought of playing destiny once in a while, but usually don’t make it far enough to reinstalling before I remember why I quit. The game that it could be in my head is just drastically different from the actual game thanks to head scratching design and balance decisions.

I just want a ffxiv/ tf2 baby damnit.

Basically the two times I play are
1)Expansion time, since the campaign stuff is always :discourse:

2)If there’s a season thing going on with a fun gimmick.

This time I put off 1 until 2 rolled around and had a fun couple weekends with it but I think I’m done until the new ex pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

The design of the stick for the saturn 3D controller feels better to me than the modern stick design used by all the big companies