Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Power of Pecota posted:

Are you planning to carry around a longboard inside your grocery/beer store?

Yeah they’re small easy, bodega like places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
and if it's a bigger store just throw it in the buggy

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Could always reverse Back to the Future it and stick a peach crate on your skateboard to go into the store.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Went to the thrift store and we found a copy of Ticket to Ride that actually had all the places inside, and I randomly found a deluxe edition of the movie Hairspray. My GF was stoked.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Now that I have land, I bought a machete and a spear.

Can't wait to cut off my own stupid head!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

codo27 posted:

Thats the same memory I ordered for my current build except I got a 32gb kit, and I've never been able to run it over 2133mhz. XMP just results in a crash once I get to Windows if I get that far, same the odd time I've tried to manually set the values. Make sure the exact model number is on your boards QVL

I just built my system, and the memory was easy to overclock, just did the auto setting and it's right up to 3600mhz, so far it's all stable.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Megabound posted:

Nice, I've got these two on the way so far

link please

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

bowmore posted:

link please

You'll find them both, and more, here: https://store.silversprocket.net/collections/patches/products/embroidered-patch-all-cats-are-beautiful-acab

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
danke

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

LODGE NORTH posted:

Friends, it is finally complete.

LODGE NORTH was showing off their impressive retro setup over in the retrogames thread. Asked them where they found the speakers and it turns out Audioengine speakers are still being magnetically shielded to this day which makes them safe to use use near CRTs. I had no idea any manufacturer was still doing that. So I helped myself to a pair of Audioengine A1s and man oh man they are just perfect for pairing with a 20" CRT.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Oh hello, my video editing monitor from the 90's.

I bought a $16 shower head to pair with the $17k we just had to spend having to tear up an entire bathroom and a half to rip out the cracked cast iron pipes in our old house, put new pipe in then rebuild the bathrooms.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

McCracAttack posted:

LODGE NORTH was showing off their impressive retro setup over in the retrogames thread. Asked them where they found the speakers and it turns out Audioengine speakers are still being magnetically shielded to this day which makes them safe to use use near CRTs. I had no idea any manufacturer was still doing that. So I helped myself to a pair of Audioengine A1s and man oh man they are just perfect for pairing with a 20" CRT.

this is really neat

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

davebo posted:

Oh hello, my video editing monitor from the 90's.

Yeah, there was a period about ten years ago where you could buy them used in good shape for a couple of hundred dollars so retro gaming nerds (me) started snapping them up.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Megabound posted:

Got this second hand, with tags on, denim jacket for a steal. Been looking for one for long time and finally scored! Now to hunt down some patches. Please give some rad patch recommendations.

https://innerdecay.com/collections/patches

All good stuff there.

Nephzinho posted:

I haven't been on a skateboard in 15 years and sometimes I still get tempted to just hang them on the wall.

Go for it 😁

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Weird question but I figure since I learned about fountain pens in this thread, someone here might be able to answer. Are the any ink cartridges that fit pens that have waterproof ink?

I'm thinking of mailing some letters but I know there's a decent chance they are gonna get damp from the whole "live in the south and it rains like a bastard 5x a week", and I don't want them to end up some sort of Rorschach ink blot instead of my writing.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Weird question but I figure since I learned about fountain pens in this thread, someone here might be able to answer. Are the any ink cartridges that fit pens that have waterproof ink?

I'm thinking of mailing some letters but I know there's a decent chance they are gonna get damp from the whole "live in the south and it rains like a bastard 5x a week", and I don't want them to end up some sort of Rorschach ink blot instead of my writing.

Goulet Pens lists some more water resistant inks, and you can filter by cartridge:
https://www.gouletpens.com/collecti...%5Border%5D=asc

Personally, I'd grab a converter and some bottled ink, which opens you up to all sorts of much better warerproof options, like Noodler's Bulletproof series, etc etc etc

A lot of the big name japanese inks are pretty water resistant (in basic colors, at least), like Sailor Jentle (black, blue-black, and blue) Namiki/Pilot Standard (black and blue) etc.
Pelikan 4001 classic black is another great one.

Teketeketeketeke has a new favorite as of 22:15 on Apr 18, 2021

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

Space pen refills and Rite in the Rain are both waterproof. You might need to modify them with a knife or something. I also seem to recall there actually replacement back ends for them so they can be more easily used in pen bodies that aren’t Space Pen or Rite in the Rain

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

McCracAttack posted:

If this is what became of the money I gave him to buy licenses in SA Mart, I’m all for it

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

The fountain pen-thread in A/T is most likely going to know.

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.

Why would they get wet? Our region is a temperate rain forest and I can't say this has ever been a problem? The postal system is presumably prepared for weather.

Edit: not saying you are wrong. I'm curious

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I've gotten many a letter that has been sitting in a mailbox waterlogged after the box leaks due to the door not being closed during/after a rainstorm.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

New watch day. My F-91W strap perished, so time to upgrade to the A700

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Megabound posted:

Hell yeah that's a great purchase. I wear it more often than all my more expensive watches

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

My studio mate's Kickstarter for his latest graphic novel arrived today. Gonna enjoy reading it while sitting in front of a nice patio campfire this evening.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Megabound posted:

I've also got an F-91W. How in the world did you kill yours? Part of the reason I got this thing was its reputation for indestructibility.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read

Megabound posted:

As someone who recently caught the ‘buy watches’ bug, this thing looks awesome.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Pastry of the Year posted:

I've also got an F-91W. How in the world did you kill yours? Part of the reason I got this thing was its reputation for indestructibility.

The rubber strap can disintegrate under certain conditions. Hence

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

He's posting from heaven and we're the seventy-two virgins.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

My guess is stress fracture. The band just snapped in half in the middle. The watch itself is still trucking.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Umm, Amazon has informed me that I got drunk over the weekend and bought a spear.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Inzombiac posted:

Umm, Amazon has informed me that I got drunk over the weekend and bought a spear.

i love these forums :allears:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Post the spear!

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

It's like a gift from past you!

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Tell me it's one of those all black tactical spears

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

is it carbon fiber?

i've drunk bought a kilo of gummi bears but never a spear

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

ReidRansom posted:

Tell me it's one of those all black tactical spears

It sure as gently caress is!

I've been marathoning The Walking Dead because I felt like I needed to finish it and not abandon it after 6 seasons. Well, some lovely wine and fantasies about killing zombies later and this piece of poo poo will be at my house very soon!

Thankfully it was cheap and I have a backyard big enough to toss it around. Also, I looked around soberly and see that there are tons of DARK LORD KILLERMAN apocalypse weapons available. I'm thankful that even while drunk, I opt for something not completely embarrassing.

lmao this dude fuuuuuuuucks

edit: Someone wrote this and thought they did a good job
https://www.thisiswhyimbroke.com/blog/best-zombie-apocalypse-weapons

Inzombiac has a new favorite as of 21:58 on Apr 20, 2021

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Inzombiac posted:

I'm thankful that even while drunk, I opt for something not completely embarrassing.

So what would be more embarrassing than a tactical spear?

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

owl_pellet posted:

Tactical asparagus spear. I speak from experience

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
You know you now have to go and hunt a wild boar with that spear, as is tradition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

owl_pellet posted:

Something like this, with blood paint decal, loud colors and enough extraneous points to cut your own hand open