Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
“ She did mention how he mentioned they may use her in the future, saying she was told ‘WWE’s a revolving door”. She cited Jinder Mahal being released, then being brought back and becoming WWE Champion.”

Lol.... yeah, that will happen. Look at Jinder Mahal for inspiration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Hell in a Cell: Minus Five Stars 2021

Summer Slam: Credible Accusations

Momentary
Oct 15, 2012

Momentary fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jul 4, 2021

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

MJeff posted:

I was trying to hedge on this by being all "eh Apollo gets to embrace his heritage on TV, that's cool, y'know...."

gently caress that. gently caress this. This is a loving cartoon. I hope a loving truck hits Vince and Bruce Pritchard.

A part of me wonders if it'd be better or worse if they just used a completely fictional country.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

If he drops a “you must never respect a woman” promo then snl won’t be the only one cribbing cum town bits

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Called up Dec 2019, but due to miscommunication HHH doesn't officially inform her until April or May 2020
Comes to work constantly and constantly emails ideas despite never being booked, except for the one day she finally doesn't, which is when she's then informed they have a plan for her
Said plan is with Mickie James; they film a match for Raw, it's not used, neither ever gets an explanation for why
Resumes coming to work constantly despite never being booked, sits outside Vince's office once a week for four hours each week for at least another full calendar month trying to discuss the "not being booked" situation
Finally gets the opportunity, pitches fifteen ideas to him in half an hour
Two weeks later gets her SD/main roster TV debut
Breaks her wrist basically immediately
Cycle of not being booked yet coming to work constantly resumes throughout injury, recovery/rehab, and its aftermath
Finally gives up and doesn't come to Mania, a show she likely isn't booked for regardless of her efforts
Fired days later on the one-year anniversary of her husband being fired by them

god loving drat

Everyone should watch the Liv Morgan documentary

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So to try and get to as much the opposite of this godawful garbage they've saddled Apollo with as possible.

Big E.

It just me or did he feel like a motherfucking capital-S Star during his entrance at Mania?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Apollo is going all in on this gimmick which made me realize for the first time he has such a strong voice and ability to deliver an aggressive promo, I don't even think his accent is offensive, it's just....Everything else about the gimmick, especially because it's happening in the WWE which has a long history of racism. Like someone either just saw Black Panther, Resident Evil 5, or the Ugandan Knuckles meme and gave it to Apollo

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

cauliflower jones posted:

Everyone should watch the Liv Morgan documentary

I assume this is on Peacock? Is there a way to watch without?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

RealFoxy posted:

Apollo is going all in on this gimmick which made me realize for the first time he has such a strong voice and ability to deliver an aggressive promo, I don't even think his accent is offensive, it's just....Everything else about the gimmick, especially because it's happening in the WWE which has a long history of racism. Like someone either just saw Black Panther, Resident Evil 5, or the Ugandan Knuckles meme and gave it to Apollo

wait for him to call an opponent a "foolish guac bowl merchant"

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

skaboomizzy posted:

wait for him to call an opponent a "foolish guac bowl merchant"

JEB!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I didn’t watch Wrestlemania and I didn’t see it in the results, did Shame take a huge bump in his match with Braun?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I didn’t watch Wrestlemania and I didn’t see it in the results, did Shame take a huge bump in his match with Braun?

Yes and badly. Even if he isn't injured you aint gonna see his rear end for a minute.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
I don't think it would be very healthy for her to take the amount of steroids Jinder had to take to get back into wwe

Hell I don't think it was very healthy for Jinder either

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

I assume this is on Peacock? Is there a way to watch without?

I don't think it's on peacock, it was on the network before, I do wonder if they'll port it over. It's such a searing indictment of the company and it just ages amazingly as you see how they still haven't given her any direction creatively

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Bit late on this but I read about how Dunn didn't "get" Billie Kay and it doesn't completely shock me at all, given that Sable was literally Dunn's idea of what WWE's ideal woman should be, and since Billie is not blonde and speaks with an Australian accent, she was pretty much doomed from the start

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Least they just let her go instead of making her Emmalina.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
An important thread on the latest advances in Fiend science.

https://twitter.com/BossMoz/status/1383855737491787777

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

WWE and The Fiend really stumbled into that kind of imaginary deep lore poo poo like Twitch streamers have with Five Nights at Freddy's.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
How much longer can Shane take dumb bumps for until he realises his 50+ year old body can't handle it?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

paraphrasing an old Bryan & Vinny convo...

Vinny: So some of the time, Bray lives in a universe where puppets and magic are real, but some of the time he doesn't.
Bryan: And all of the time, it's bullshit.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

I can't get enough LORE OF THE FIEND

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

How much longer can Shane take dumb bumps for until he realises his 50+ year old body can't handle it?

If he’s only taking one dumb bump a year the possibilities are endless.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

MassRafTer posted:

Stark contrast with Abadon who is acknowledged as a normal person, but whose commitment to the bit is deeply distressing.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Blaise330 posted:

Least they just let her go instead of making her Emmalina.

That just reminds me that they had three attractive, charismatic and athletic (though YMMV when it comes to opinions on how good each of them was in the ring individually) Australian women, and yet because Bucky Beaver there has Vince's ear and doesn't think anyone that isn't a Real Doll come to life is worth pushing, they basically hosed up with all three of them and ended up letting them go

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApFjIuVtJWU&t=275s

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Worth every penny

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Chris James 2 posted:

Called up Dec 2019, but due to miscommunication HHH doesn't officially inform her until April or May 2020
Comes to work constantly and constantly emails ideas despite never being booked, except for the one day she finally doesn't, which is when she's then informed they have a plan for her
Said plan is with Mickie James; they film a match for Raw, it's not used, neither ever gets an explanation for why
Resumes coming to work constantly despite never being booked, sits outside Vince's office once a week for four hours each week for at least another full calendar month trying to discuss the "not being booked" situation
Finally gets the opportunity, pitches fifteen ideas to him in half an hour
Two weeks later gets her SD/main roster TV debut
Breaks her wrist basically immediately
Cycle of not being booked yet coming to work constantly resumes throughout injury, recovery/rehab, and its aftermath
Finally gives up and doesn't come to Mania, a show she likely isn't booked for regardless of her efforts
Fired days later on the one-year anniversary of her husband being fired by them

god loving drat

The actual interview with SRS is up on YouTube if you want to watch it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Uc1egBX0HM

She's got so much positive energy. I'm sure she'll land somewhere good.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rarity posted:

Until Vince finally cripples him, I imagine, is the plan.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

TheKingslayer posted:

WWE and The Fiend really stumbled into that kind of imaginary deep lore poo poo like Twitch streamers have with Five Nights at Freddy's.

Pumped to eventually see the Fiend vs. a purple Atari sprite.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

My buddy as the match started said "Braun's just gonna grab Shane and chuck him over the whole cage"

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Spiderdrake posted:

Until Vince finally cripples him, I imagine, is the plan.

It's been a long con to draw out Shane's suffering ever since he got Angle to repeatedly drop him on his head at King of the Ring twenty years ago

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Gavok posted:

Pumped to eventually see the Fiend vs. a purple Atari sprite.

Golden broken squirreltrap Alexa

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Vince would rather not have to keep wishing him a happy birthday.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when was the last time vince took hosed up bumps? if it was against hogan then that was at age 58 or something so shane will probably try to beat that to impress dad. anything to get back into the running for the company after failing at other stuff

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Cavauro posted:

when was the last time vince took hosed up bumps? if it was against hogan then that was at age 58 or something so shane will probably try to beat that to impress dad. anything to get back into the running for the company after failing at other stuff

Didn’t he take a bump in a behind the scenes doc last year just to prove to Gronk that he was being a little baby?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

That headbutt against Kevin Owens was probably ill advised.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Haven’t there been reports that Vince has been even worse since he told Owens to shoot headbutt him hard enough to make him bleed?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'll whoop all of you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

Didn’t he take a bump in a behind the scenes doc last year just to prove to Gronk that he was being a little baby?

He did, he jumped off a maybe ten foot platform onto a crash mat