Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sanguinia posted:

?

Euron is the younger brother. Although granted, according to the ASOIAF wiki their maximum age gap is like 7 years or so. That said, Euron looking significantly younger than Baelon and being a black-haired heart-throb is consistent with their descriptions in the book. Baelon has a gaunt face with long grey hair flecked with white, Euron is considered very handsome, looks significantly younger than even his youngest brother Aeron (who is never in the show except maybe in a cameo during Theon's ocean baptism), and has jet-black hair.

He has a blip cameo when Euron is crowned. I think he might be played by the same dude as in Season 2, but yeah he looks significantly older than his elder brother Euron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I think Aeron and Balon are the older, and Euron younger. But also Balon is especially gaunt looking as mentioned, and Euron is especially handsome, almost devilishly so. Again the guy is into some weird dark magic so who knows if illusions of youth or immortality or whatever could be involved in that.

They're definitely closer together in age than the actors of the show are, but Euron being described as looking so handsome and his brothers looking awful I'm not too bothered by the casting for age, I'm more bothered by... the show characters being a pale shadow of the book's. (Also no Victarion at all lmao, Show Euron is like a sexy Victarion more than Euron)

(Also its highly possible that Euron is Daario)

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Everyone is Daario.

But I don't think Daario is Euron because Euron is using a glass candle to project himself into Dany’s dreams and have sex with her and she doesn't think "oh hey looks like Daario" and also Daario obviously doesn't need to do that he's having regular sex with Dany.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

You know who I miss? Syrio Forel. :( Such a nice character, but had to face armoured knights with a wooden sword.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Well I'm glad Euron is supposed to be the younger brother, but I still absolutely can't buy those two guys as brothers.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Pattonesque posted:

It's so much better than Winterfell lol

remember when sam was pushed up against a wall going "argh! jon! the zombies jon! help! the zombies are eating me! argh! the zombies! help jon!" for twenty or thirty minutes but the zombies didn't actually eat sam

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
The zombos dont even want to eat you. They got tools and poo poo. They’d shiv you the second they got in range. Everyone should have died

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
There were literal flowing waves of CGI zombies shown to be approaching, waves as tall as castle fortifications, advancing forward as fast an actual tsunami. Clearly enough to just cover up the opposing army... what happened to that, lol.... we went from that, to Arya playing hide and seek with one while Sam rolls around in them like it was a box of kittens

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

An insane mind posted:

You know who I miss? Syrio Forel. :( Such a nice character, but had to face armoured knights with a wooden sword.

Remember when everyone thought he was coming back because of a still showing a background character walking down some stairs?

Glad he didn't. Imagine how he'd have been with season 7-8 writing

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Captain Splendid posted:

Remember when everyone thought he was coming back because of a still showing a background character walking down some stairs?

Glad he didn't. Imagine how he'd have been with season 7-8 writing

Oh yeah, I'm glad he didn't come back but reading the theories about him was hilarious. I think there was one for a while where he was a faceless man and turned into the man he was fighting or something equally daft.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
IIRC they spent a huge amount of time doing fakeouts for the final seasons, inviting old actors like the Waif back on set to throw people off

But then people found the script out anyway lol

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009
I liked how a lot of people would refuse to accept the script leaks because of how pants-on-head idiotic they were, and then the episodes played out exactly as they said lol.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

An insane mind posted:

If a wooden sword worked for Musashi, it'd work for Syrio.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Drunk in Space posted:

I liked how a lot of people would refuse to accept the script leaks because of how pants-on-head idiotic they were, and then the episodes played out exactly as they said lol.

I forget all the details but the big fake leak was Dany losing and people throwing poop at her which would have gotten some amazing reactions.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Drunk in Space posted:

I was trying to avoid spoilers for the final season, but I think it leaked into the main thread once the episode started to air and someone said "holy poo poo it looks like the absolute dumbest leaked script was true" and well, yup, guess so.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

remember when sam was pushed up against a wall going "argh! jon! the zombies jon! help! the zombies are eating me! argh! the zombies! help jon!" for twenty or thirty minutes but the zombies didn't actually eat sam

This happened like three or four times with different characters. They'd be swarmed by like five or six zombies, which means they have hundreds of pounds of dead bodies on top of them stabbing and clawing at them, and someone would come over, whack one (1) time with their sword, and then reach down a hand and help them up like they'd just had a little stumble.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Jorah getting stabbed clean in the chest through his metal chest plate by a dagger that’s been exposed to the elements and without maintenance for up to 60 years or more.

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009
Jorah should've worn his actually-effective-back-when-the-writers-cared S1 armour, not the 'lol we're done with this poo poo gently caress you' piece of tin he put on at the end

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Guys you can't compare a show like Game of Thrones to a show like Game of Thrones, completely different ball park.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Phenotype posted:

I was trying to avoid spoilers for the final season, but I think it leaked into the main thread once the episode started to air and someone said "holy poo poo it looks like the absolute dumbest leaked script was true" and well, yup, guess so.

This happened like three or four times with different characters. They'd be swarmed by like five or six zombies, which means they have hundreds of pounds of dead bodies on top of them stabbing and clawing at them, and someone would come over, whack one (1) time with their sword, and then reach down a hand and help them up like they'd just had a little stumble.

I do like how Ghost just disappeared with the main charge and was just alive and well in the next episode.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Drunk in Space posted:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Didn't one of the leaks have Jon getting north of the wall at the end and finding a big body parts spiral, implying the white walkers are still alive?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

There were multiple contradictory sets of leaks so...

Some of them were even better than actual S8 in some aspects.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

This was one of the more popular ones, which did raise a lot of questions when it first came out.

Dany gets pregnant with Jon's child

The Night King destroys Winterfell, kills Rhaegal and Bran and Meera and Gray Worm and Pod and a bunch of other people, survivors retreat south of the Neck

Daenerys dies in childbirth giving birth to daughter, her corpse is taken back to King's Landing by mercenaries who also kill Varys while Sam smuggles out the baby

Jaqen H'ghar shows up, gives Arya a vial of poison and tells her to murder Cersei

Arya, the Hound, and Nymeria travel south to King's Landing. Arya takes Qyburn's face, poisons Cersei, the Hound + Nymeria finish off the Mountain, Arya slits Cersei's throat, Euron becomes King of the Seven Kingdoms (final boss)

Dany's corpse gets brought back to King's Landing, mutilated, displayed, and pelted with feces

Jaime makes love to Brienne, then Brienne dies and commands Jaime to protect Arya and Sansa with her dying breath

The Night King is finally killed at the Eyrie (I think)

Jaime, Tyrion, Devos, Edmure, Gendry, et al. proclaim Jon the rightful king, he rides Drogon and leads the army south to overthrow Euron, who is the big bad

Jon fights Euron, then Jaime stabs Euron in the back (kingslayer), then Drogon breathes fire and accidentally ignites a pocket of wildfire underground and everybody gets blown the gently caress up and killed

Sansa marries Gendry and becomes Lady of the North and the Vale, Edmure is Lord of the Riverlands, Gendry is Lord of the Stormlands, Yara gets Pike, Sam becomes Lord of the Reach

Arya goes back to Essos because 'valar morghulis' while Tyrion becomes Hand of the Queen to Jon + Dany's baby, Lyanna Targaryen, plus he screws Missandei on the side

Bran becomes the new Night King

bobjr fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Apr 18, 2021

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?
Lol those fake leaks are nuts. I wouldn't say that those plot points would've been better than S8 but them going kill em all with the ending would've been way more entertaining.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Are we still doing spoiler tags? For fake spoilers, even?

I think Bran becoming Night King is more interesting than what actually happened, even if it doesn't really make sense.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Dany as a Night Queen would have been even cooler. And would bring her back to one of her children if she gets the ability to raise Visceris again.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Drunk in Space posted:

Seeing the warp speed five stages of grief on r/Freefolk live was amazing. They even made up their own set of contradictory “good leaks” as a part of the bargaining stage where it turned out that Dany was in fact NOT going crazy and it was all an act and she somehow off screen between Episodes 4 and 5 found a suit of dragon armour for Drogon to render the scorpions useless AND found the Targaryen ancestral Valyrian steel sword Darksister and used them both to heroically defeat Cersei, and she and Jon ruled Westeros together and she had a second Iron Throne made from all of the fallen Lannisters’ swords so they could be King and Queen together.

It was adorable.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It's adorable that people think Dany 'going crazy' was what made the ending bad.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Mantis42 posted:

I think Bran becoming Night King is more interesting than what actually happened, even if it doesn't really make sense.

"Why do you think I came all this way?" :tinfoil:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Drunk in Space posted:

TBF I thought this way back when I was spoiled on Tyrion killing his father.

Something about "oh he escapes in a secret passage, and just by chance it leads to his father's room and J-dog's crossbow is on the table and..." is so convenient I'm surpised it worked at all!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Strategic Tea posted:

Something about "oh he escapes in a secret passage, and just by chance it leads to his father's room and J-dog's crossbow is on the table and..." is so convenient I'm surpised it worked at all!

Did people bother leaking the plot when it was actually following the books?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

stev posted:

Did people bother leaking the plot when it was actually following the books?

I think someone bought a banner and changed a bunch of avatars for the Red Wedding.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

As I mentioned earlier I been watching poo poo on YouTube thanks to this thread and I came across a few GRRM videos and one he talks about how without fantasy elements your "fantasy" is just historical fiction about things that never happened which is so funny to me because that's what I enjoyed/wanted.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

stev posted:

It's adorable that people think Dany 'going crazy' was what made the ending bad.

I do. Straight up.

Heroine succumbing to hereditary mental illness, massacring a million people, and getting put down like a mad dog is a completely reprehensible storyline for me.

Dany’s story to me was coming within moments of her goal only to realize at the very end how toxic and destructive it was and stepping away at the last moment.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
I like the part of those leaks where Bran dies right away but also lives

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Happy Thread posted:

I like the part of those leaks where Bran dies right away but also lives

"Bran" died a long time ago, the current king is an immortal monster

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Strategic Tea posted:

This was more or less how the book played out.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
When the Martha dropped proving the subtitle leaks were true some people even went as far as thinking Dany would pull a Code Geass ending on the next episode. It was a hilariously desperate bargaining attempt that failed to understand that the reason why it worked for Lelouch was because he didn't kill any innocent people.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

GRRM implied Varys might have specifically engineered that scenario for Tyrion to kill Tywin. I mean, it makes sense, things fell apart pretty quickly and then Aegon shows up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
The scenario plays a lot differently in the books.

In the show Tyrion parts in good terms with Jaime, but instead of escaping he suddenly decides to drop by the Tower of the Hand for whatever reason, ends up finding Shae, who tries to kill him and he ends up killing her in self defense, and only after that point he decides to comfront and kill Tywin.

In the books, Tyrion is pushed over the edge after he finds out the truth about Tysha and actively asks Varys "yo, which passage will lead me to kill my father", he incidentally ends up finding Shae on his way and kills her out of pure anger, and then comfronts his father to kill him.