Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Herman Merman posted:

I've never understood the old-timey use of quotes around a word. Is it meant to be taken as sarcasm, i.e. the restaurants he's talking about are not really ~proper restaurants~ but rather dens of iniquity or something?

Our language was still in development, eg. ravintola was coined by this dude https://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antero_Warelius somewhere in late 19th century. It would probably have still been a weird big word for some country people who only knew kestikievaris and majatalos.

We should probably bring this practise back, what with "internet" being full of new terms and "memes" that it's hard to follow sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
I don't quite see how this makes strange "words" more "understandable", but ok. Seems related to the idea that foreigners are more likely to understand you if you speak really loudly.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Old timey people spoke and wrote a bit... strangely, from our perspective. Just watch a really old Suomi Filmi and how they stress some words, especially if the character is some professor or other intellectual type.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
:ssh: Those are stage accents, probably nobody spoke like that IRL

Kinda like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid-Atlantic_accent#Theatrical_and_cinematic_use

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

True that, but I have some personal childhood experience with ancient teachers, priests etc. who were not far from being characters from some Valentin Vaala film, especially when it came down to "sivistyssanoja". I wish we had "smart phones" back then so I could show you some "video" of how these people talked.

Meanwhile in Arcadia... Yli-Viikari says she's done no crime and I have no stance on that, but it's the worst possible optics for VTV anyway so she will have to go, no doubt. The second worst optics is that nobody knows how to kick her out.
https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-11890223

quote:

Eduskunnassa yritetään parhaillaan selvittää, kenellä olisi tarvittaessa valta tehdä aloite Valtiontalouden tarkastusviraston (VTV) pääjohtaja Tytti Yli-Viikarin erottamisesta.

Tytti Yli-Viikari pidätettiin virastaan huhtikuun alussa. Laissa tai eduskunnan työjärjestyksessä ei kuitenkaan kerrota, kuka voisi ehdottaa eduskunnalle pääjohtaja Tytti Yli-Viikarin erottamista.

Mahdollisuuksia on kaksi: tarkastusvaliokunta ja kansliatoimikunta.

Eduskunnan tarkastusvaliokunta käsittelee VTV:n toimintakertomuksen ja myös esittää pääjohtajaa virkaansa. Se ilmoitti lisäksi jo helmikuussa alkavansa tutkia viraston toimintaa laajemmin. ** **

Eduskunnan kansliatoimikunta taas on virkahenkilöiden virallinen työnantaja ja se myös pidätti Viikarin virastaan viime viikolla.

Periaatteessa asiassa voidaan päätyä myös siihen, että aloitteen voisi tehdä näistä kumpi tahansa.

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Apr 18, 2021

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Nenonen posted:

True that, but I have some personal childhood experience with ancient teachers, priests etc. who were not far from being characters from some Valentin Vaala film, especially when it came down to "sivistyssanoja". I wish we had "smart phones" back then so I could show you some "video" of how these people talked.

Sometimes it feels that over half of the purpose of upper education in the old times was to instill patriotic values and the use of "ylätyyli" language.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
Not stepping down after all this is a pretty ballsy play, is she thinking she'll just ride this out and everyone forgets in a month. I mean, that's exactly what will happen if she's not forced out, but still.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Kehveli posted:

Not stepping down after all this is a pretty ballsy play, is she thinking she'll just ride this out and everyone forgets in a month. I mean, that's exactly what will happen if she's not forced out, but still.

IANAL but given that the bureaucrats don't even know how to fire her, it's entirely plausible that the things she's accused of were somehow part of her job or instructions were unclear and she'll sue the government for zillions afterwards.

More likely she's at the denial stage.

Hiekkakauppias
Mar 26, 2008

OJ's humble beginnings in acting helped prepare him for the media spotlight in Calgary
Työkkäri pistää karenssia jos irtisanoutuu.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
Eiköhän tuo ole kuukauden sisällä palkattu jonkun toisen käsienheilutteluviraston johtajaksi.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
MOT kertoo: Vitusti paskoi omenoita: https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-11888206

Sikäli hupaisa "paljastus" kun miettii mikä % väestöstä on päässyt katsomaan firman meininkiä ihan henkilökohtaisesti. Epäilemättä asiat tulevat muuttumaan hetkenä minä hyvänsä tämän tuloksena.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

bloom posted:

MOT kertoo: Vitusti paskoi omenoita: https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-11888206

Sikäli hupaisa "paljastus" kun miettii mikä % väestöstä on päässyt katsomaan firman meininkiä ihan henkilökohtaisesti. Epäilemättä asiat tulevat muuttumaan hetkenä minä hyvänsä tämän tuloksena.

Varmaan on yksittäisiä ihmisiä, jotka kokevat, että heitä olisi jossain yksittäisessä tilanteessa ja esimiesten toimesta voitu kohdella toisella tavalla.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Taking bets, who will break sooner - Yli-Viikari or Pöysti?

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb
Cop A: gonna spy on people as hard as I can
Cop B: excellent, doing the same
Cop B: we're gonna murder so many people
Cop A: yeah gonna be lotta corpses
Prosecutor: I see no reason to think that criminal deeds might have been planned here

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-11892227

Qtamo
Oct 7, 2012

Ornedan posted:

Cop A: gonna spy on people as hard as I can
Cop B: excellent, doing the same
Cop B: we're gonna murder so many people
Cop A: yeah gonna be lotta corpses
Prosecutor: I see no reason to think that criminal deeds might have been planned here

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-11892227

They used smilies so it can't be serious =))) Even if one of the cops was also giving nazis hints on how to beat up immigrants. On one hand I really like Finnish law being pretty strict on valmistelurikokset by requiring some amount of actual, tangible planning, but on the other hand given how close prosecutors and cops are, it's pretty much a given this either wasn't investigated too deep or just got buried. Like, loving lmao "Vyyhtiin liittyy myös ampuma-aserikoksia, sillä rasistisen äärioikeistoverkoston toimintaan kuului ampuma-aseharjoittelu."

On another note, the battle for the names of the richest taxpayers continues with hallinto-oikeus ruling that verottaja was acting illegally by deciding to not give journalists the names of persons that had asked to be removed from the taxlist: https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-11892670. If this doesn't get appealed (or doesn't change on appeal), it'll pretty much lead to a hilarious situation where people can ask to be removed from the list, journalists ask verottaja for a list of people that asked to be removed, and then ask verottaja for the tax information of all those people. Verottaja will probably fight it by either claiming that requests have to be narrow or by billing for hours of "searching" or whatever, but I'm sure there's at least one paper in Finland that'll gladly pay the costs.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Nenonen posted:

Varmaan on yksittäisiä ihmisiä, jotka kokevat, että heitä olisi jossain yksittäisessä tilanteessa ja esimiesten toimesta voitu kohdella toisella tavalla.

Had a good chuckle at that.

Also liked the follow up that when he's visiting varuskunnat and chatting with the peons they don't complain to him, when the whole point is that snitching on your boss to his boss is a good way to get hosed. Imagine some random varusmies telling a visiting general that half the skapparit are shitfaced at work. Gonna have a fun intti after that lol

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

Qtamo posted:

On another note, the battle for the names of the richest taxpayers continues with hallinto-oikeus ruling that verottaja was acting illegally by deciding to not give journalists the names of persons that had asked to be removed from the taxlist: https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-11892670. If this doesn't get appealed (or doesn't change on appeal), it'll pretty much lead to a hilarious situation where people can ask to be removed from the list, journalists ask verottaja for a list of people that asked to be removed, and then ask verottaja for the tax information of all those people. Verottaja will probably fight it by either claiming that requests have to be narrow or by billing for hours of "searching" or whatever, but I'm sure there's at least one paper in Finland that'll gladly pay the costs.

Not to reveal too much about my ~*~sources~*~ within the hallowed virkamieskoneisto but from what I understand this whole debacle basically stems from verottaja not really knowing how to react to the GDPR, and rather than risk breaking EU law they just categorically accepted all GDPR-based identity protection claims. Which obviously sucks from a government openness point of view but stems more from lack of clear policy related to GDPR appeals and not from any conspiracy to protect the identities of rich people from the media (I don't think verottaja as an institution cares one way or the other, in general they just do what the law requires them to do and in this case it wasn't clear what that should be). But yes, the most likely outcome is that they will grudgingly set up some silly rigamarole to get around the restrictions that will leave no one happy and waste everyone's time and money.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Forktoss posted:

they will grudgingly set up some silly rigamarole to get around the restrictions that will leave no one happy and waste everyone's time and money.

Listen, this is Finland and we respect Finnish traditions here.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

I want to see the list of rich mofos who wanted to hide their tax information and I want to witness Streisand effect in action :laugh:

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Nenonen posted:

I want to see the list of rich mofos who wanted to hide their tax information and I want to witness Streisand effect in action :laugh:

:same:

And while we're at it, I want QAno Turtiainen prosecuted for stupidity severe enough that it counts as crimes against the dignity of the human race, Pöysti and Yli-Viikari drummed out and charged with corruption, and those two gently caress-head cops planning hate crimes in jail, and my very own Alpaca farm.

Qtamo
Oct 7, 2012

Forktoss posted:

verottaja not really knowing how to react to the GDPR, and rather than risk breaking EU law they just categorically accepted all GDPR-based identity protection claims. Which obviously sucks from a government openness point of view but stems more from lack of clear policy related to GDPR appeals

Yeah, this is most of the public sector in my experience. This is partially thanks to parts of GDPR being kinda terribly written and very open to a maximalist interpretation - initially I had actual professionals saying that kiinteistötunnukset were personal data under the GDPR, despite another part of EU legislation (INSPIRE) requiring them to be open and freely accessible :allears: And this was in institutions that have usually been very, very much in favour of having data be as open as possible. It's good this verottaja case should finally kill off at least some of the most :goshawk: interpretations.

Thankfully there hasn't been a surge of GDPR requests to public institutions from what I've heard, since a lot of them would still be collecting the info manually and basically building the process on the fly.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I got the 5G-hoax-illuminati-reptilo-genetic-recoding-Gates-tracker today. It is nice to know that I can buy and sell now that I have been marked by the Beast.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

DarkCrawler posted:

I got the 5G-hoax-illuminati-reptilo-genetic-recoding-Gates-tracker today. It is nice to know that I can buy and sell now that I have been marked by the Beast.

:rip:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

What are you going to do with your Soros bucks now?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Nenonen posted:

What are you going to do with your Soros bucks now?

Well I mean the virus is of course completely fake and manufactured so I'll probably go on a holiday, maybe claim to be a 14-year old refugee in some even wealthier country and hit the real free money and luxury, baby! :freep:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

You should totally go for holiday to the States, they have these great packages for crisis actors and need them every week for a mass shooting!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Olen yrittänyt ohjelmoida tekoälyä, joka simuloisi Keskustan politiikkaa, mutta ei tästä mitään tule. Kepu pettää AI:na.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Buuuuuuu

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Nenonen posted:

Olen yrittänyt ohjelmoida tekoälyä, joka simuloisi Keskustan politiikkaa, mutta ei tästä mitään tule. Kepu pettää AI:na.

:frogout:

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Nenonen posted:

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Nenonen posted:

where can I subscribe to your vappulehti

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

:sickos:

Ministeri Saarikko on tehnyt kehysriihessä osittaisia myönnytyksiä vihervasemmistolle - kannattaa lisärahoitusta turvepaikanhakijoille ja naisten turvekodeille.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

Nenonen posted:

Mods???

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
Niin siis oliko Rinteen hallitusohjelmassa joku salainen lisäpöytäkirja että jos keskustan kannatus on alle 12,8 prosenttia puoliväliriihessä niin sitten leikitään hallituskriisiä kuntavaalien yli

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Jos kuntavaalit olisi jo pidetty niin tätä ongelmaa ei olisi. Ja persujen galaksiaivot olisivat halunneet estää siirron...

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Apulaisoikeuskansleri Mikko Puumalainen käynnistää selvityksen poliisin ihmiskauppatutkinnoista: ”Nämä esimerkit ovat masentavia”, hän sanoo HS:n selvityksen tapauksista

https://www.hs.fi/politiikka/art-2000007941025.html

The system works? And by that I mean that joku viran puolesta oikeasti tutkii poliisin rikoksia, ei että kytät ite toimisivat oikein.

Hiekkakauppias
Mar 26, 2008

OJ's humble beginnings in acting helped prepare him for the media spotlight in Calgary
Kaikki tutkintatyö on vain maahanmuuttajien ja narkkarien potkimisesta pois.

brotha from anatha
Mar 24, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
arvakkaas mikä onkaan tulos vuoden päästä kun selvitys julkastaan

brotha from anatha
Mar 24, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
kukaan ei voi suoraan käskeä minkään perskunnan ylipoliisicummissaaria tutkiin baarikaverinsa ihmiskauppaa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Sehän on normaalia tietolähdetoimintaa.